Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

Writers' Checkmate - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writers' Checkmate (20564 Views)

Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition- Group 2! / Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread / Checkmate Competition- Group 1 Collaboration Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 10, 2015
Good Morning We'll!
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 10, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Good morning pen_comrades,
I hope you all had a nice rest?
Something has been bothering me and this is it; don't you think it is wrong for Divepen to be in any group at all?
He is our teacher and the one who handles things here.
It is improper for him to be in any group at all,he should be the Judge and i think he should elect two or three panel of judges that wouldnt partake in the tests here.
By so doing,Group 1 will come out full_full,he is the great pen comrade boosting up thier marks and with his absence the competition will be heavy and thick.
* * *Thanks
Night was short, sweetie, urz?
Now to Divepen issue, His presence isn't giving them marks, he's human like you, like me and like anyone else, rather, it boost their morale knowing they have the judge with them. But I totally agree with ur suggestion, if Divepen wana keep writing, he'l have to appoint someone else as the Judge and Vice-Versa.
. Also, we'l be the one to appoint the Judge via voting, agreed?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 7:12am On Feb 10, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Good morning pen_comrades,
I hope you all had a nice rest?
Something has been bothering me and this is it; don't you think it is wrong for Divepen to be in any group at all?
He is our teacher and the one who handles things here.
It is improper for him to be in any group at all,he should be the Judge and i think he should elect two or three panel of judges that wouldnt partake in the tests here.
By so doing,Group 1 will come out full_full,he is the great pen comrade boosting up thier marks and with his absence the competition will be heavy and thick.
* * *Thanks

Seconded, let a panel of Judges be set up, can't we invite some good writers on NL to judge our work?
I believe they can do a good job and divepen can still be part of the writing.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 10, 2015
Divepen:
First Person Re-teller: The story is told, not by a
witness to the events, but by someone who has
heard the story from yet another person.
Her stomach rumbled; I don't know why; it
probably was the sour 'moimoi' she had at her
CDS dinner early in the evening. You know how
sometimes you decide to risk eating something
even when you should know better. She had
thought it a good idea at the time, even though
she suspected that the meal

Written By Whitemosquito.
With what you wrote here, it's like I'm narrating a particular event on Someone, chinweblinkz or Kizzykeziah for example, na dat way?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2015
thronekid:

With what you wrote here, it's like I'm narrating a particular event on Someone, chinweblinkz or Kizzykeziah for example, na dat way?
I dnt wat divepen z pasin acros thru wat he rote dere
Re: Writers' Checkmate by stuff46(m): 8:43am On Feb 10, 2015
Evangelio:

Seconded, let a panel of Judges be set up, can't we invite some good writers on NL to judge our work?
I believe they can do a good job and divepen can still be part of the writing.

It's not a competition as you are taking it. It is a kind of class for helping. He does'nt have the final say to the rating that's why he said everone rate and give reasons, then he would be the one to do the mathematics in it.

The topics\question of the day, i think everyone is entitiled to bringing his\her own and we work on them. No need for panel of judge, it's a kind of class that help's each one of us here.

Have a thorouqh read and study the rules and motives of this group and see throuqh the idea's.

Mornq oh, thronekid yu de derail this thread oh. Go and start typing (time no de again)
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 10, 2015
stuff46:
Mornq oh, thronekid yu de derail this thread oh. Go and start typing (time no de again)
Derailing ke?, anway, Topic?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2015
thronekid:

Yes we nid topic
Re: Writers' Checkmate by stuff46(m): 10:14am On Feb 10, 2015
thronekid:

was posted yesterday
Re: Writers' Checkmate by stuff46(m): 10:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Cybershow:
Yes we nid topic

check previous posts, it was postd yesterday
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2015
stuff46:

check previous posts, it was postd yesterday
Ahahah pls can u explain d topic
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
Pls enlight me more abt d topic divepen,thronekid,Stuff46
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 12:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

I'm also a jambite.
Hmmm du u attend tutors at all
Re: Writers' Checkmate by stuff46(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
yu on whatsapp cyber show? I finishd typing the explanation only tryin to post it but got it lost.

Its just like a reported speech
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
stuff46:

It's not a competition as you are taking it. It is a kind of class for helping. He does'nt have the final say to the rating that's why he said everone rate and give reasons, then he would be the one to do the mathematics in it.
The topics\question of the day, i think everyone is entitiled to bringing his\her own and we work on them. No need for panel of judge, it's a kind of class that help's each one of us here.
Have a thorouqh read and study the rules and motives of this group and see throuqh the idea's.

I do not see this as a competition at all, though we rep our teams.
I perfectly understand what the thread is all about, the Lady made a suggestion and gave voice to her worry, which many may have bt have nt voiced, i threw in my 2 pence.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by stuff46(m): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
Evangelio:

I do not see this as a competition at all, though we rep our teams.
I perfectly understand what the thread is all about, the Lady made a suggestion and gave voice to her worry, which many may have bt have nt voiced, i threw in my 2 pence.

i wanted quoting her not you. My apologies
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
stuff46:
yu on whatsapp cyber show? I finishd typing the explanation only tryin to post it but got it lost.

Its just like a reported speech
Ah z jst dat am nt on watsapp yet
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
stuff46:

i wanted quoting her not you. My apologies

No need for an apology bro. It's kul.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
@Chinweblinkz are you a JW 4 real?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
Evangelio:

No need for an apology bro. It's kul.
Can u pls explain d topic given by divepen
Re: Writers' Checkmate by whitemosquito(f): 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hmm. Divey and members of L.I.T.E, this is real Nice. Bookmarked...
Just that the number of comments scare me...
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
----Group1----

It was a sunny afternoon, i was sweating under the radiation of the sun because of the problem of finance, it was just that i want to get to know what a friend of mine said on phone, before my phone went off, i was so annoyed that i almost smashed my phone on the floor, but i remember say na the phone be my life.
. But i try to recall what my friend said on phone but i was unable,i shouted as if say i lose contract wey attract huge amount of money
"oh! what a painful and hardship day for me"
As i they go, i get encounter with my girlfriend whose name be Joke. as we exchange greetings she con tell me say;
"all the police wey we get for nigeria, say corruption don lead them astray"
when i hear say na police talk she won say my ear con stand like that of rabbit own,as if say person they call weac objective for me, i con ask say;
"wetin happen that she qualify our police like that"
she con answer say;
"na one police she saw for sango wey dey for main road dey take system dey collect bribe, but me wey no get money i con dey think say wetin i go do, that when i summon courage and drive reach the police side, he con dey ask for the usual thing [all of you know na] but i explain to him but he no take hear my own before he con dey shout at me as if say i owe am money".
i replied;
"hmmmmmm..... our police corruption don carry grade 1 ooooo".
i told her i want to see a friend she con excuse me and take my leave to my friend house, as i dey go na my head dey hot as if say na the place mama kudi dey take cook.... At last i sighted my friend house afar and i was somehow relieved.......
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Cybershow:
Hmmm du u attend tutors at all
well,NO...am employed
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
Please what are we to write abt?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
Can I join?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by 46stuff(f): 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Please what are we to write abt?

Tomorrow's Assignment: Write A
story in The First Person Re-teller.
Not More than 200 Words. Deadline 8:30pm tomorrow..

I will post articles regarding on this
thread or our FBI page today and
Tomorrow...

This the topic.

Would be posting with this today, stuff46 got banned by spambot
Re: Writers' Checkmate by slap1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
My submission from Group 1:

The stigma will be unbearably immense, I decide, so I summon Gina's number on my phone. She'd said to call if I make up my mind. I couldn't tell Daddy. His congregation's faith may waver and his pious heart may fail.

Gina's words was on repeat in my mind: "This is not yet a child, just a marshy blend of flesh and blood conniving to destroy your future!"

I imagine the look on my father's face if he hears the news, I try to conjure up his possible reaction. I see only one result -- heart attack. The decision is tough, but it has to be made, quickly.

I look at my phone, 'Gina love' stares up at me indifferently. I close my eyes and open them. Guilt and disappointment wash through me. I offer a silent prayer for forgiveness and thumb the green button.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by slap1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Divepen, you may want to add some form of copyright protection on page one of this thread. Just saying...
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tunde entered the room, and from the way he looked I assume he did not want to be seen, sneaked into his children's room to be sure they were sleeping.
He gently closed the door , and headed for his room. He gently climb the bed and crawled to his wife's side as if he was going to kiss her; she opened her eyes and smiled- I can tell he recieves that type of smile only at night from the way she was staring at him- he smiled back, pain reflecting in his eyes, he climbed her as she brought up her hand to caress his face. He bent to kiss her while his hand was fiddling with the second pillow on the bed.
Like a lightening, the fastest I've seen, he brought the pillow and placed it on her nose, suffocating her. She fought for her life and tried to tear his hands off the pillow but he was stronger, and so thirty seconds later, her body went limp. As I write now, I can imagine the victory in his eyes as he completed the mission of killing his friend and his wife, who were cheating on him.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by 46stuff(f): 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
Addressing the audience for ten minutes and even after that time his audience was still following ever word. The minister went on to say that he repeated his assertion that the education of the people was not only a means but the best means of attaining that which all allowed to be the chief end of government; and if that were so, it passed his faculties to understand how any man could gravely content that government had nothing to do with the education of the people. He concluded by saying that effort are being made to tackle the threat to security of the state been laid by the deadly group and added that it would be of his government as long as he held the mandate of the people to administer his concern towards the well being of the masses. He sat down amidst the cheers and wild applause of the audience.

With the large crowd recorded at the town hall, the local government chairman thanked all present for the time and energy spent in making it a point of duty to be in attendance to the call of the minister and also went ahead to give his vote of thanks to dignitories present.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Kusibe77(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
Group 1.
Kusibe77

December 1960 was the day Nigeria gain her independence. Coincidentally adria a girl with the was born at 12:00am. Her story was one to reckon with. She was born when her father was celebrating the completion of his mansion. The reason she was named 'sile' by her grandmother.

Three waiting year after when she was exactly 3 years 14 days. She talked for the first time.
And the next day her mother won the visa lottery.

As if that wasn't enough in January 1980. She graduated from the university after studying law.
And to crown she was awarded in her profession on the 1st October, 1985 when she was just 25.

Last year October 1st,2014. Her son's wife give birth to a set of triplet when their grandmother was celebrating her 54th birthday.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Slap1, Thanks for the suggestion.
@ Toluene1 yes and you are in group 2, but why are all the ladies falling into group2
@ Whitey(Whitemosquito), Thanks, we will love to see your comments, criticisms,corrections and Teachings one of these.
@ stuff46/46stuff
@ Evangelio, as I said yesterday, the rating will help you have good ability to be a good judge of stories. Look @ whitey's competition, it took the judges time... So we will agree that it takes a lot of time for judges to do the rating. And that is why everybody will rate and we will divide it. The more you rate the more you get points.
@Chinweblinkz
I am also striving to be better.
I am not the teacher. I only try to make sure things are running smoothly if you understand me.

Judges might not show up, until they are partaker, so please bear with the rules.
It is my following orders that is causing the high marks actually... I said if you rate a work, you will get marks, and if you give reasons there is a point for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / Tales Of A College Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.