Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? (33370 Views)

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2015
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

I must admit, I lost concentration on the mass proceedings for a few minutes.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Her response was, "my baby is hungry, why won't I feed him?"

And my rejoinder was, "you ought to have done that outside the church building"

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

In your candid opinion, who was right, myself or the lady?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Mchugh(m): 11:50am On Feb 07, 2015
The bible does.say... "Let all.things be done decently and in order"

i dont think breastfeeding in church is orderly...that is if she wasnt discreet about it....by using a shawl... or mayb sitting behind....

13 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by hushmail: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2015
most churches do have a section for nursing mothers

so if ur church doesnt have one, its time the create one;

as for who is right or wrong, you dont expect the mothers to allow

the child to be disturbing the service with cries, and you dont expect

a believer who came to church to hear the word of God to be outside

during the service.

hope you got my point

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2015
hushmail:
most churches do have a section for nursing mothers

so if ur church doesnt have one, its time the create one;

as for who is right or wrong, you dont expect the mothers to allow

the child to be disturbing the service with cries, and you dont expect

a believer who came to church to hear the word of God to be outside

during the service.

hope you got my point

I don't

4 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
it is natural

3 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by hushmail: 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

I don't

grin

pay closer attention you will find it grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by MrAfrica1: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
It is not meant to be. Its either she leaves the church to feed the baby or go home. Bringing out booobs in church can cause a whole lot of distractions.
#myview

17 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
MrAfrica1:
It is not meant to be. Its either she leaves the church to feed the baby or go home. Bringing out booobs in church can cause a whole lot of distractions.
#myview

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by mutter(f): 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
Abeg remove you eye and concentrate on your mass.

Why should she go outside to breastfeed. Do you know that breast feeding can go on for ages and you want the woman to miss the service because she is feeding the child God gave her.

No better place to breast feed a child than in God`s presence.
God smiles and is gladdened to see her do so.

It is God`s house and not yours!

The important thing is that it is pleasing in his eye.
He is probably more disturbed about people entering his house in tolerant and unclean.

Next time you see such a thing smile at the lady and appreciate her service to mankind and then mind your biz.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
Mchugh:
The bible does.say... "Let all.things be done decently and in order"

i dont think breastfeeding in church is orderly...that is if she wasnt discreet about it....by using a shawl... or mayb sitting behind....

The booob's entire circumference was on show.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
mutter:
Abeg remove you eye and concentrate on your mass.

Why should she go outside to breastfeed. Do you know that breast feeding can go on for ages and you want the woman to miss the service because she is feeding the child God gave her.

No better place to breast feed a child than in God`s presence.
God smiles and is gladdened to see her do so.

It is God`s house and not yours!

The important thing is that it is pleasing in his eye.
He is probably more disturbed about people entering his house in tolerant and unclean.

Next time you see such a thing smile at the lady and appreciate her service to mankind and then mind your biz.

On the 1st bold, I didn't stare at the booobs deliberately, I only turned towards the noise I heard as the Op clearly stated.

On the 2nd bold, because she is bound to disturb and distract the people around her and that will not be proper.

On the 3rd bold, where did you learn that from? Bible, Koran??

On the 4th bold, I should not be my sister's keeper again?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by glogirl(f): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
@Op,
Just admit that you are a pervert.
The boobs are called mammary glands. Their primary function is to feed babies and not whatever fantasies in your head.
Before you start feeling more righteous than the pope, Maybe you should asked your mum if she ever breastfed you in a public place.
Next time when you see boobs in a baby's mouth , think of them as mammary glands and not boobs. And for God sake, smile at the little baby.

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
glogirl:
@Op,
Just admit that you are a pervert.
The boobs are called mammary glands. Their primary function is to feed babies and not whatever fantasies in your head.
Before you start feeling more righteous than the pope, Maybe you should asked your mum if she ever breastfed you in a public place.
Next time when you see boobs in a baby's mouth , think of them as mammary glands and not boobs. And for God sake, smile at the little baby.

So you did say all that to me after reading the Op? shocked

Thanks for your input.

8 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by KillerBeauty(f): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
Women are free to breastfeed their babies anywhere they want but they shouldn't expose their boobs in the process of doing so. That part of the body have sexual representation and should not be expose with reckless abandonment.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jmoore(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is 21st century. There are several ways to bre@stfeed the baby without displaying your bre@sts.

I wonder why some folks keep screaming pervert pervert pervert.. undecided

I won't allow my wife to do such. And there are ladies who know such can be seen as an awkward behaviour .

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by ireneidiva(f): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
Its very wrong. She should go outside or go home.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
It's neither right nor wrong. . but to me, it's indecent. . Will rather find an isolated place where there will be less prying eyes, can't let every Tom, dick and Harry see my bwest abeg...

5 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
jmoore:
This is 21st century. There are several ways to bre@stfeed the baby without displaying your bre@sts.

I wonder why some folks keep screaming pervert pervert pervert.. undecided

I won't allow my wife to do such. And there are ladies who know such can be seen as an awkward behaviour .

I couldn't believe she called me a pervert after reading the Op.

Was I ever rude to her?

4 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by EfemenaXY: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

I must admit, I lost concentration on the mass proceedings for a few minutes.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Her response was, "my baby is hungry, why won't I feed him?"

And my rejoinder was, "you ought to have done that outside the church building"

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

In your candid opinion, who was right, myself or the lady?

You were in the wrong.

You should have minded your own business. The baby's needs over-ride your "fragile" senses. This is so irritating to read. When you guys take a p.is.s up tree trunks in the middle of the road for all and sundry to see, do women come up to you to chastise you for being anti-social?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by crackhaus: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

I couldn't believe she called me a pervert after reading the Op.

Was I ever rude to her?
Lmao, take a breather man...
Some people just can't pass up the opportunity to use words they don't get to use very often grin

Next time you encounter a woman breastfeeding her young, look once, then look away and go about your bizniz...it's her br.east.
If she don't mind exposing her milk-bags, nothing to you.

11 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
I remember asking my mum if she was ever tempted to breast feed us in public, and she said NO!!! I got curious, and wanted to know her reasons.. She said: 'It was indecent to her', and that she'll rather feed her baby to his/her full @ home or any other confined place, but never in public..

Every church ought to have a section tagged: Nursing Mothers or better still, if that section is missing, standing up and leaving for a back seat would have being more honourable..

@OP, must you always get distracted undecided undecided?

4 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You were in the wrong.

You should have minded your own business. The baby's needs over-ride your "fragile" senses. This is so irritating to read. When you guys take a p.is.s up tree trunks in the middle of the road for all and sundry to see, do women come up to you to chastise you for being anti-social?

If you don't have the balls to caution your neighbour's misdemeanour, I do. I owe the society and God that.

If I see a fellow guy act bizarrely say urinate where eyes especially the younger ones and the opposite sex could see his joystick I will act in like manner.

7 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
I remember asking my mum if she was ever tempted to breast feed us in public, and she said NO!!! I got curious, and wanted to know her reasons.. She said: 'It was indecent to her', and that she'll rather feed her baby to his/her full @ home or any other confined place, but never in public..

Every church ought to have a section tagged: Nursing Mothers or better still, if that section is missing, standing up and leaving for a back seat would have being more honourable..

@OP, must you always get distracted undecided undecided?

I was distracted by the noise.

Can't a noise distract you?

Tell your mum her decency is skin deep. Make sure you take after that woman.

3 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 10:10pm On Feb 07, 2015
crackhaus:

Lmao, take a breather man...
Some people just can't pass up the opportunity to use words they don't get to use very often grin

Next time you encounter a woman breastfeeding her young, look once, then look away and go about your bizniz...it's her br.east.
If she don't mind exposing her milk-bags, nothing to you.

The noise got my attention otherwise I wouldn't have noticed her.

Thanks bro.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by EfemenaXY: 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

If you don't have the balls to caution your neighbour's misdemeanour, I do. I owe the society and God that.

If I see a fellow guy act bizarrely say urinate where eyes especially the younger ones and the opposite sex could see his joystick I will act in like manner.

Firstly, It's not about balls but common sense.

You can't compare a man chastising a woman / a man chastising a man, to a woman chastising a man. Do you know what's happened to the few women who tried to tell your fellow men off for being so anti-social?

Secondly kindly explain how you owe society and God that? Who / what is society?

How and what do you owe God with regards to a woman doing what God naturally endowed her with, for her baby? You went to church to hear the word of God, and not to oogle at the poor mother feeding her child. Rather than concentrate on your primary purpose for being there in the first place, you spent a fraction of your time lusting after the shape of her b.reas.ts and hating on her for feeding her baby.

If you were so uncomfortable, why didn't you do the decent thing by changing seats or better still, going to sit outside, away from "temptation"?

Women have been br.eas.tfee.ding their young since time immemorial and that isn't about to change because some man finds it difficult to keep his JT in check.

7 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Firstly, It's not about balls but common sense.

You can't compare a man chastising a woman / a man chastising a man, to a woman chastising a man. Do you know what's happened to the few women who tried to tell your fellow men off for being so anti-social?

Secondly kindly explain how you owe society and God that? Who / what is society?

How and what do you owe God with regards to a woman doing what God naturally endowed her with, for her baby? You went to church to hear the word of God, and not to oogle at the poor mother feeding her child. Rather than concentrate on your primary purpose for being there in the first place, you spent a fraction of your time lusting after the shape of her b.reas.ts and hating on her for feeding her baby.

If you were so uncomfortable, why didn't you do the decent thing by changing seats or better still, going to sit outside, away from "temptation"?

Women have been br.eas.tfee.ding their young since time immemorial and that isn't about to change because some man finds it difficult to keep his JT in check.

Is that what you do on nairaland, making up things that are different from the Op and using demeaning words to describe someone who you have neither read his posts before nor meet?

Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards...

Didn't you read the bold?

4 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

I was distracted by the noise.

Can't a noise distract you?

Tell your mum her decency is skin deep. Make sure you take after that woman.
Lol @ noise distracted you grin grin grin. You never wan talk truth..

Yeah!! Mum is decent, and before now, I gave the attribute to her church (she is a Deeper lifer), not until when I went thru the pics she took in the oldies.. Then it dawned on me that it has always being her lifestyle to be decent, and not cos of her religion.. I envy her modesty, trust me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

Is that what you do on nairaland, making up things that are different from the Op and using demeaning words to describe someone who you have neither read his posts before nor meet?

Didn't you read the bold?

Touche!

You description of the woman's bre.as.ts in your opening post, what would you call that? Apart from it being sexist? It wasn't demeaning to you?

And yes, I read the bolded.

I also read that you looked back for the second time to have one more good look. Why didn't you tell her off the first time, if your intention(s) were genuine?

Using the example I gave, if you see a man pi.ssin.g up a tree trunk in the full glare of the public, will you need to take a second look at him to tell him off? Would you need to fantasize about his willy before admonishing him?

17 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by glogirl(f): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
I called you a pervert because you were in church, yet you still had the time to notice the "well ovalized breasts" instead of seeing a cute hungry baby that needs to be fed. Sometimes what we see in a situation differs from what another person sees and it's an outcome of the contents of our minds.
You said you corrected the young mother but you don't know if she took your advice. Well, my advice to you is to purify your heart and thoughts. It will help you to appreciate the little joys of life.

20 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Touche!

You description of the woman's bre.as.ts in your opening post, what would you call that? Apart from it being sexist? It wasn't demeaning to you?

And yes, I read the bolded.

I also read that you looked back for the second time to have one more good look. Why didn't you tell her off the first time, if your intention(s) were genuine?

Using the example I gave, if you see a man pi.ssin.g up a tree trunk in the full glare of the public, will you need to take a second look at him to tell him off? Would you need to fantasize about his willy before admonishing him?

If indeed you read that bold, I have nothing to say again to you.

2 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by EfemenaXY: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
jnrbayano:

If indeed you read that bold, I have nothing to say again to you.

You asked a question. You got the response. You didn't have to like it. It is what it is. You were in the wrong. Next time mind your own business.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church / Rev. Ladi Thompson's 2018 Prophecy About Nigeria: "Blood Will Spill" / I Disguised As Beggar To Teach Christians Kindness – Fr Thaddeus Ilechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.