Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

How do I see her again? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How do I see her again? (1101 Views)

Opinion : I See A Replica Of Patience Johnathan In Melania Trump / (picture) See A Specie Of Rat, That I See In My House In Akwa Ibom State / I See Buhari As Next President. Jonathan Can Not Do Anything About That- OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
I had a weird experience some days ago. It was one of those experiences that messes your day (or even your week), because you can't stop thinking about it. If this experience was a movie script, I wouldn't know what to title it. I'm not even sure which segment of NL to post this in. I had to create a throwaway account sef.

Let me tell you about it.

Where did it happen? - In a keke napep (tricycle) on the way from Shitta to Idi-Araba, Surulere

When did it happen? - One uneventful evening, the day after APC shut Shitta Roundabout for a rally.

Principal actors - 'Myself', 'Her' and the tricycle mirror shocked

Part 1
I was the last person to board the four- seater keke napep and thus, I had to sit beside the driver at his right hand side. Anybody familiar with a keke napep knows that there is a mirror at each side of the machine. Anybody sitting beside the driver can look into the mirror and see the person in the backseat. Sometimes, if the physics is just right, it can become a two-way, with the person at the back looking at the person beside the driver via the mirror.
The driver then proceeded to collect the fare from all his passengers . Maybe it was the way she said 'Thank you' to the driver after collecting her balance/change that made me look in the mirror to see the owner of that sing-song voice. (After all, not everybody says 'thank you').
I looked at her for a bit. She was pretty(but not in the conventional sense) and 'full-bodied' grin . Let me describe her for a bit. She barely had any make up on, yet, she would command a second look if she walked down the street. She had black-and yellow hair braids up to shoulder level.
Before I finally turned away, she looked up from tucking her money into her bag and looked at the mirror where our eyes met shocked. I quickly turned my eyes away. I didn't want to be accused of staring. Besides, innocent eye contact between two people happens all the time, doesn't it.
The driver kicked his engine and we started moving.

EDIT: Mods abeg, help me move my thread to the appropriate section.

Cc: ishilove, lalasticala
Re: How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
Part 2

Traffic was heavy and we were snailing through the traffic jam. Sitting beside the driver is always uncomfortable because there is always a bit of your rump that hangs in the air. Even though I'm not a bulky dude, I had to adjust periodically during the ride to relieve the discomfort.
After one of my adjustments, my eyes honestly wandered to the mirror because my new seating position prevented me from looking straight up at the road. Then, honest to God, our eyes met in the mirror again. Chai!
This time, I was sure she caught me. Maybe the first time I was 'scoping' her but this time was definitely not my fault. I was sooo embarrassed. This time however, she was the first to avert her gaze.
She then rested her hands on the metal barrier that demarcates the passenger row from the driver row and humming as if listening to a song from an invisble ipod. I couldn't lean back properly because that would mean resting against her arms. I was feeling more discomfort, but somewhere deep in my head, I kinda liked all the tension
At this point we had gone about 20% of the journey
Re: How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
Part 3
When we crawled to the area near Havana hospital, I was morbidly afraid of looking in the mirror again so I kept my eyes fixed to the side of the road, just looking at pedestrians and wondering when the road would open up a bit.
Then, another tricycle crawled up. Apparently, she knew another girl in that keke napep because that person called out to her.
''Cynthia" (That isn't her real name; for privacy sake)

'Cynthia' - so that is her name

'Cynthia' turned and waved upon recognising the person calling her. Apparently they were friends because she then stuck out her tongue at her in a very 'cute-ish' girly way and laughed. I was watching all this because i had been watching the side of the road and the mirror
I found the tongue thing she did very funny and I smiled a bit. When she caught me looking after turning away from her friend, I felt like the proverbial kid who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I knew she knew I was looking at her. This one don pass 'accidental eye contact'
She then looked down her top and adjusted it. I felt she thought I was looking at her chest, even though she wasn't particularly showing any cleavage.

The only thing worse than being caught checking out a fine girl is when the girl thinks you are staring at her chest or derriere. I made up my mind to make an apology to the girl for creeping her out when we got to where I thought was her stop.
Re: How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
Part 4
Trafffic lightened a bit and we picked up a bit of speed. One of the passengers alighted at his stop leaving only two people in the back seat. 'Cynthia' stayed put in her spot. Part of me wished she would move a bit so that our little game would stop; but that was only part of me
I was now looking everywhere but at the mirror. Being in the front seat and avoiding looking at the mirror is like trying to avoid people touching you at a crowded market. It was near impossible. Sometimes I would make mini-glances as I swept my eyes from one side to the other - sometimes accidental, sometimes to see what she was doing. Sometimes we would make contact, sometimes we wouldn't. I lost count of the number of accidental and deliberate looks.

Then, I adjusted my sitting position ever so slightly and saw her braiding her black and yellow hair attachments in the mirror. She was looking elsewhere and then she turned to look at me looking at her. I don't know why I didn't turn away at this point. She just gazed at me. Then after some seconds of more eye contact, somebody turned away. I can't remember if it was her or me.

It was like she was mind-phocking me.

I found her very intriguing and was even rehearsing a bit of the stuff I would say to her when we alighted. I definitely knew I was attracted to her
Re: How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
Part 5
We continued to move on as we came out unto Itire Road. Another passenger alighted leaving her as the sole occupant of the back row. I had now made up my mind to 'follow up' this pretty lady when we got down.
At this point, I assumed she was going to LUTH which was also where I was going.

Few minutes to my stop, she tapped me.
I turned back to hear her lovely sing-song voice.

"Hello, I think you are very good-looking"

WHAAAAT!!!!

In all my twenty something years on God's green earth. I had never had a female not biologically related to me tell me anything like that. But now my pretty crush was telling me say 'I be fine boy'
I honestly didn't know what to say but I recovered my senses to say
'Thank you. You are very pretty yourself, even without ear-rings'.

Yes, she wasn't wearing any ear-rings and she still looked banging.
She smiled at me and I faced forward. I couldn't start any reasonable convo inside a Keke napep. Inside my head, I was singing 'Hakuna Matata'
Re: How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 12:38am On Feb 08, 2015
Part 6

The entire exchange had taken less than 10 seconds but was intense. She thought I was fine. I thought she was fine. There would be nothing wrong in hanging out to discover whether we had any other similar interests.
Itire road was much freer than Akerele Rd, so I got to LUTH in less than two minutes.
As I got down from the Keke Napep, I looked at her to see her alight

She didn't come down. I just stared at her with a funny expression on my face.

Before I could say 'Jack and Jill', the driver fired up his machine and sped off. The only thing I could muster was a goodbye wave.

Apparently I had presumed that she was going to drop off at LUTH. Apparently I had presumed wrongly. Initially I wanted to walk to the final bus stop because it was nearby. In the end, I decided against it.

It was a heavy-hearted individual that walked into LUTH that evening. I kept on thinking about her; her simplicity, her diction and the quirky way she stuck out her tongue. She even told me i was good-looking.

How was i ever going to find her again

1 Like

Re: How do I see her again? by RedCapChief(m): 12:44am On Feb 08, 2015
I'll be off for a bit to conclude this wonderful experience.

Who moved my thread from Romance to General. sad

Is this experience not romantic?

@farano, do the needful
Re: How do I see her again? by meobizy(f): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
A throwaway account still active in 2019?
Lol at Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

DUNAMIS-Edo State / Nairaland By Oluwaseun Osewa / It Rained fish In Thailand This Morning {photos}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.