Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters (4743 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 / Why Don’t You Want Jega Sacked, PDP Asks APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
Attahiru Jega, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), is close to bowing to fierce pressure by announcing a six-week postponement of the February general elections. However, even though Mr. Jega is all but certain to do the bidding of President Goodluck Jonathan by setting a latter date for the elections, our sources in the Presidency insist that Mr. Jega will not survive as INEC chair much longer if plans by the Presidency to sack him materialize.

SaharaReporters has consistently reported that President Jonathan and his closest associates have been desperate to postpone the elections to enable them to re-strategize in the face of certain signs that Mr. Jonathan and his party were on the cusp of losing by a wide margin.

Once Mr. Jega makes it official that the elections will be postponed, Mr. Jonathan and members of his close-knit kitchen cabinet plan to intensify their plot to plant an interim government after successfully removing Mr. Jega as INEC chairman. Mr. Jega’s tenure is scheduled to end in June 2015.

Our sources reveal that the president and his team are exploring several options to ease Mr. Jega out of his INEC job. One option, according to a source embedded in the Presidency, is to ask the INEC chair to go on “termination leave” as early as the end of March, 2015. A second and more potent strategy is to launch a series of subterranean threats to his life and a series blackmail strategies,including the use of sections of the Nigerian media to accuse Mr. Jega of corruption in the award of INEC contracts.

SaharaReporters learnt that the heads of Nigeria’s security agencies, under direct instructions from the Presidency, categorically told Mr. Jega yesterday that they could not guarantee establishing a climate for free and fair elections to hold in February. They also reportedly warned Mr. Jega that they could not guarantee his personal safety and those of other INEC staff should elections go ahead on February 14th as currently scheduled.

The alarming pressure on Mr. Jega forced him to call a meeting of political parties, non-governmental organizations and resident electoral commissioners in Abuja today. Although the meetings are yet to end, Mr. Jega has confided in several people that he was open to considering a six-week postponement.

One of our sources said President Jonathan’s aides had bribed several briefcase political parties to go to INEC to demand a postponement of the elections.

The real agenda of President Jonathan’s inner circle is two-fold, according to information obtained from sources in the Presidency. The first is a desperate desire to get tenure extension at all cost through the backdoor. The second is to buy enough time to prepare the army to help rig the elections in favor of Mr. Jonathan should the incumbent president and the PDP continue to face bleak prospects in the polls.

Two sources at the Presidency disclosed that Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke was particularly rattled at the prospect of Mr. Jonathan’s defeat. Ms. Alison-Madueke, who has engineered several shady deals in the oil sector that enabled her, Mr. Jonathan and a few cronies to pocket billions of dollars, is described of deeply scared of exposure and possible jail time should Mr. Jonathan lose the elections. The sources said the Petroleum Minister had persuaded Mr. Jonathan to sign off on her series of corrupt deals in the oil sector by arguing that the billions of dollars she was stealing would be used to guarantee re-election for the president. The minister used several fronts, including Jide Omokri, Kola Aluko, and Toye Cole in a series of questionable deals. One of her fronts, Mr. Aluko, who was also the minister’s lover, reportedly ran away with more than $2 billion dollars after a jealous Ms. Alison-Maduekebegan to hound him for dating former supermodel Naomi Campbell.

A source close to the Presidency also disclosed that Mr. Jonathan had struck a multibillion-dollar deal with Chadian President Idris Deby to outsource the fight against Boko Harm to Chad. With Chad now fighting Boko Haram on Nigerian territory, President Jonathan and his backers within the military would have enough troops to deploy to help rig the elections, said the source.

The president has already deployed soldiers massively into Lagos today to forestall any peaceful protests against the postponement of elections.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/07/jega-being-forced-announce-six-week-postponement-president-jonathan-wants-him-sacked

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by olu77(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
I trust this report 99.9%

38 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by tnktosin(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
Que sera sera

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is like a Dejavu, but let's see how it goes...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by midolian(m): 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
The man with the hat is soo desperate buh as I kip saying....
If a fowl is destined to be preyed on,if it likes, let it run from "Otueke" to "Sambisa Forest", it will still end up in a pot of soup.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by phlemzy: 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
I really don't get the picture, will military men stand by ballot box to monitor who is thumb printing in their favour or nor,or they will be positioned @ polling units to begin shootings in the air when their ballot snatching thugs arrive? Thank God for technology,glasses,caps,pens,etc now have cameras that can be used for secret shot & coverage.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by briefness: 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is pathetic and must be rejected by all well meaning Nigerian. Let's think deeply. #why the desperation. This is very sad. PDP needs to know that the country belongs to Nigerians and not to PDP. The end to all this is definitely in sight.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by okosodo: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
For at least these three reasons pls many more Jega should resign
1) The percentage of collection of PVC in Borno state and Adamawa states that are plagued with boko haram is 90% while that of Edo state is 55%, Plus even though you may be seeing your card they will make you go through impossible processes to collect it. In the north, a father can collect for the son.
2) The give PVC to somebody that is 8 years old in the north while in the south, you must be 18 years of age.
3)The 30,000 new polling booths in the north was not cancelled while that of the south was cancelled after an order from the president.

The southerners abusing Jona do not knw the underground and schemeing of the north. They are capitalising on the fact that the south is not united. From history the people that always sell us out are the yorubas, Make una take note. We are about to travel 25 years Backwards through Buhari's Rule. Nothing positive will happen except changing people in parastatals to northerners and some from west as compensation.

17 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by baybeeboi: 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
APCReporters always sayin Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by samplegirl(f): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
One meaningful thing I could get from this write up is where Sahara reporters said the government wants to use some NIGERIAN MEDIA to go against Jega. If Sahara reporters ars admitting that the media houses are used to run somebody down then it is fit to say that some individuals have been using them (sahara reporters) to run other people down.

Useless people.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 08, 2015
olu77:
Me too bro,and am still waiting for koro,fayose,minimah and omisore to sue Sahara reporters. Yeye people

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Soulcaine(m): 12:04am On Feb 08, 2015
samplegirl:
One meaningful thing I could get from this write up is where Sahara reporters said the government wants to use some NIGERIAN MEDIA to go against Jega. If Sahara reporters ars admitting that the media houses are used to run somebody down then it is fit to say that some individuals have been using them (sahara reporters) to run other people down.

Useless people.

I would have called you a f.o.0l but realised I would be doing f0.ols the world over a great dis-service. I would pretend you don't exist and ignore this and other future posts by you.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Vicotex(m): 12:06am On Feb 08, 2015
he will surely get sacked.

Wtf does he expect when he refuse to distribute PVC efficiently in SS /SE

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Vicotex(m): 12:09am On Feb 08, 2015
Soulcaine:

I would have called you a f.o.0l but realised I would be doing f0.ols the world over a great dis-service. I would pretend you don't exist and ignore this and other future posts by you.

big fooool

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Soloter(m): 12:19am On Feb 08, 2015
phlemzy:
I really don't get the picture, will military men stand by ballot box to monitor who is thumb printing in their favour or nor,or they will be positioned @ polling units to begin shootings in the air when their ballot snatching thugs arrive? Thank God for technology,glasses,caps,pens,etc now have cameras that can be used for secret shot & coverage.
how have they been doing it before? how did they do it in Ekiti. state where you heard that Chris Uba, etc mobilised the military and rigged? I've no doubt you're one of those pdp thugs in corper uniform.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by makzeze: 12:32am On Feb 08, 2015
YES Jega is the Man.

From Febuhari to General March 4 Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by gists: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2015
phlemzy:

What I really don't get about the very silly excuse is: are they saying the military don't have sufficient men? are they saying they are going to leave the entire country unprotected by sending all the military personnels to combat BH? Are they going to empty all the cantonments and other military bases scattered all around the country just to fight BH - an insurgent they have not been able to checkmate since GEJ assumed power. Again I ask ARE THEY GOING TO LEAVE THE ENTIRE COUNTRY UNPROTECTED BY SENDING ALL THE MILITARY PERSONNELS TO COMBAT BH?
Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by lafex: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2015
I know that this is the next step the Mr President will0do

And after this

He will find a way to disqualify Buhari

Then I promise him one thing

Wether he leave now or in 2019

No SS/SE will taste ASO ROCK(either President or VP) till after 2050

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by olu77(m): 12:49am On Feb 08, 2015
okosodo:
1) The percentage of collection of PVC in Borno state and Adamawa states that are plagued with boko haram is 90% while that of Edo state is 55%, Plus even though you may be seeing your card they will make you go through impossible processes to collect it. In the north, a father can collect for the son.
2) The give PVC to somebody that is 8 years old in the north while in the south, you must be 18 years of age.
3)The 30,000 new polling booths in the north was not cancelled while that of the south was cancelled after an order from the president.

The southerners abusing Jona do not knw the underground and schemeing of the north. They are capitalising on the fact that the south is not united. From history the people that always sell us out are the yorubas, Make una take note. We are about to travel 25 years Backwards through Buhari's Rule. Nothing positive will happen except changing people in parastatals to northerners and some from west as compensation.

All the 3 issues you raised calls for genuine concern especially as war thorn north east, where many are believed to have lost their lives, still have higher percentage of collection rate. However, yorubas are not selling any region out. We would have continued to support Jonathan if he had not shown such a high level of weakness. The yorubas hate injustice, the yorubas hate to see hungry citizens who steal garri being sent on lenghty prison terms while the real robbers enjoys presidential support.

What we yearn for is change. If Okorocha had won the primaries I am sure yorubas would still have supported him even though many of his tribemen would have been against him.

Meanwhile 70% of the guys shouting GEJ till eternity here are yorubas while the president couldn't even pull reasonable crowd in his own region. That shows you that even if major part of north is still wallowing in religious and ethnic bigotry major part of south in our generation has long been liberated

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by san316(m): 1:06am On Feb 08, 2015
They should sack him na. na today? GEJ must leave that seat no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by MurdaForker(m): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2015
Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by hedonistic: 1:19am On Feb 08, 2015
samplegirl:

Useless people.

Thank you for such brilliant observation.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by free2ryhme: 1:23am On Feb 08, 2015
angry angry

Power corrupts indeed. All these for fear of losing? No! All these for fear of the incoming government seeing all the hidden rot in drawers in Aso rock. Diezani and her boss have real reasons to be scared but there isn't many option for them. We will strongly and rigourosly resist any attempt to scuttle this election. We know the end game for this regime is to stoke violence and hand over to an allied military leader who would then cover up all their mess but the real end game istheir end, they'd self destruct.

To think this is the same man that goes to every church feigning fervency. God is really patient.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by hedonistic: 1:24am On Feb 08, 2015
Soulcaine:

Bumpkin. So what is your point (assuming you have any) , and how have you intelligently negated her opinion?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Bekwarra(m): 1:28am On Feb 08, 2015
Sahara Reporters? Always having sources everywhere. I'm even sure they have sources in hell. MOFOS

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by frankyychiji(f): 1:28am On Feb 08, 2015
olu77:
who cares? Jega must go! He is a biased and corrupt umpire.
Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:31am On Feb 08, 2015
okosodo:

You are very stupid like your eastern progenitors who have shamefully served their northern masters for only God knows how many years.

Yorubas party has been the only opposition party to Hausas/Fulanis domineering party as far back as 60s while your useless progenitors who were more educated(through our free education in the west) than their masters shamelessly formed an alliance with their Hausa/Fulani master at the expense of Southerners.

History tells us how your no-legacy-left progenitors shamelessly formed the same government with Hausas/Fulanis party in 60s and another alliance in late 70s.

Hausas/Fulanis are even more intelligent than you guys cos they don't blindly read their history and that of their neighbours. The most ridiculed and disgraced rebel in d world; Ojukwu ll write one sided book, his fellow foolish bigots ll blindly read it and believe it, Achebe ll pick up his pen and equally write one sided story, the mumus ll gladly accept it as one of their historical books unlike other intelligent people who ll take their time to question their leaders.

Yorubas are now playing the same game of your forefathers in 21st century and life has not been easy for u and your likes since then

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by whitecat2: 2:21am On Feb 08, 2015
It serves him right!

He shouldn't have allowed the election to be postponed! Pdp now has enough time to mow down many people including himself.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Edygrin(m): 2:51am On Feb 08, 2015
When did sahara Reporters become mind readers?
Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by amsad19(m): 2:51am On Feb 08, 2015
Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 08, 2015
baybeeboi:
APCReporters always sayin Nonsense.

Learner
Re: President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters by paulolee(m): 4:01am On Feb 08, 2015
wud av prefare dis fckinq election to b a tin of d past by dis tym next week....jus received a text from her sayinq "she wu laff last, laff best" n dt means I shud qo bk to d drawing board n reshedule d plan for d Valentine tinz since GEJ n jeqa don fall my hands.....bk to d topic...
GEJ is d President he calls d shot n I c no crime in hym pullinq all strinqs to riq n win d election coz all iz fair in war in buhari wud do WORST if he iz in GEJ shoes....m not one of dose APC or PDP paid qoons dt ar paid n proqramed to type Gej till 2019 or Sai buhari coz I dnt qv a fck abt d elections n qat no P.v.c BT I c GEJ winninq n APC cryinq day- liqht robbery coz everytin iz currently wrkinq for GEJ.....still perplexed on Y some APC qoons kip screaming for CHANGE n d same APC qoons dt owns 80% of laqos state don't nid dier so called "chanqe" in laqos....if dis present state of reqular blackout n under- developed streets in laqos unlyk d developed n modernized areas in cross- rivers, p.H n akwa- ibom wr I qrew up from is d "chanqe" dea wanna offa d masses in d next four Years, dt means I reali av to qet maself outa dis failed county.....

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre / Rochas Personal Mansion In Owerri Discovered With Underground Heated Swimming Po / Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.