Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements (43412 Views)

Kerosene Business In Nigeria: Requirements And How To Get Started / Could You Start Up An Online Business? / Answer To: Why Can't A Country Keep On Printing Money And Become Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by victorik: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=Funkychic post=41852212][/quote]

Drop your number, i will like to buy DI printers.

Thanks
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Funkychic(f): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
victorik:

Thanks

Alright, u can always contact d Op for d machine. Thanks
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Ikonz(m): 4:00am On Feb 14, 2016
victorik:

Thanks

sure, pm me for that. If not that am so busy these days, I wld have prepared a typical project plan detailing all that is required to set up a press.
That reminds me, I need a first class designer, one that is very good in Coreldraw & photoshop rendering. Pay will be good, maybe I will open a thread for that.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by OJILLEX(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
how long does it take to learn this thread
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Ikonz(m): 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
OJILLEX:
how long does it take to learn this thread

Which thread sir? The type used for sewing or the one for plating hair?
17 pieces of assorted sharp copiers & D.I. Printers are available for sale, all digital, ranging from ARM 165, 207,205, 2300N, 5000N.
All calls shld be made either early in the morning, late in the evening or on sundays pls. I wont entertain calls during working hours. Inquiries on printing press requirements shld be henceforth sent to my email by nairaland PM, no calls pls.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by uobimba(m): 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Pls can anyone direct me on where i can run apprenticeship in PH,a good one.thanks
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by uobimba(m): 11:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ikonz:

sure, pm me for that. If not that am so busy these days, I wld have prepared a typical project plan detailing all that is required to set up a press.
That reminds me, I need a first class designer, one that is very good in Coreldraw & photoshop rendering. Pay will be good, maybe I will open a thread for that.
where do u stay or have your company sir
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Great500: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ikonz:
Happy New Year to You All!
How Time Flies!
By this period last year I was still confused, frustrated & psychologically messed up with my life. No job after NYSC & a lot of people looking upto me to become somebody.
I can't believe that today, I'm a printer & have my owm Printing Pres already. I can't believe that am paying bills, giving orders, directing work flow & touching people's life in so many ways (winks).
Biggest shout out to those that contributed greatly to this thread - judismphd, badpeople, blink183 & others. Blinks inspired me. To my ex who just left me when I have now made it, I owe you immeasurably.
Lets I forget, I have direct contact of importers of DI machines, infact thats what my uncle does. Their prices are cheaper. Hook me up if you are interested.
ur ex left after u made it?...hmmm.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by onewithgod9: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Great500:
....end time ex grin
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Ikonz(m): 5:11am On Jun 20, 2016
Great500:
Lolzz, what do you think?
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Ikonz(m): 5:12am On Jun 20, 2016
onewithgod9:
....end time ex grin
Not at all. She is one of the best things that ever happened to me

1 Like

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by onewithgod9: 10:27am On Jun 20, 2016
Ikonz:

Not at all. She is one of the best things that ever happened to me
òk boss.i was only kidding
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Hayyee2002: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello Ikonz and everyone please,

I just set up a business centre in Port Harcourt, d shop is quite large and has more room for other businesses.

I'm looking at acquiring a DI machine to start off a kind of digital printing press and I'm also fancing the idea of a large format printing on banners.

I need information on this DI machine, like what it can do, like type of paper it can print on and what it cannot do. I will also like information on a DI capable of up to A2 printing.

As for large format, I will want to start with machine dat can do up to six feet print out.

Is large format printer like DI available that can print on banners?

I like to know fairly used price of this printers.

Please I'm counting on your informed contribution. Thanks.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by iamphill: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2016
You did not read what I said DI does? Better soup na money kill am grin

I will not lie to you, N2m will not get you a good kord, you will end up buying scrap and try servicing it to work, most times those machines can not print properly. A good kord is like N5m, the printer is outdated but in the hands of a pro it can do wonders. I suggest you start with souvenir printing for mugs, heat transfer on t-shirts and others or you could purchase a heidelberg guillotine for cutting alone, if you are in the midst of a lot of printers you would smile to the bank. All you do is cut paper to specification and the machine is easy to operate, you could bag N5k easy everyday, when I was doing my industrial training, the press I worked had 3 one colour kord, one 4 colour speedmaster, a guillotine and dye cutter. The guillotine alone grossed at least N10k daily in day shift, the press ran 24 hours.

I need to talk with you urgently.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by iamphill: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2016
HELLO, i need your contact

greens:

If you buy from me, you will not regret it. You will see things buy yourself. In my complex, more than 15 people bought from me this year. I started the business first.
I am not saying this so that you can buy from me. But don't buy from computer village please.
I am a printer too, but I am falling in love with large format now and I give that more attention. I base in Lagos thou and you are free to visit us.
I can drop my contact on request.
Definitely the printer is available in Lagos.
You can find out.

Even if you don't buy from me, I will still attend to your questions as regard to this subject
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Hayyee2002: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hayyee2002:

I just set up a business centre in Port Harcourt, d shop is quite large and has more room for other businesses.

I'm looking at acquiring a DI machine to start off a kind of digital printing press and I'm also fancing the idea of a large format printing on banners.

I need information on this DI machine, like what it can do, like type of paper it can print on and what it cannot do. I will also like information on a DI capable of up to A2 printing.

As for large format, I will want to start with machine dat can do up to six feet print out.

Can someone please help me with this request?
Thanks
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Ikonz(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hayyee2002:

Sorry for the late reply sir, been quite for sometime now.

Alright, congrats on your newly acquired business premises. I must tell you this, business centre is one of the most lucrative business out there, that's if its properly sited and well managed.

Basically, a Direct Image machine (D.I) is a huge, digital and complex new model of the offset machines we used to know (Kord, sord, multilith, 201, 1850 etc). It is made to bypass separation and plate making process to give a direct print of what you have on the screen.

But What we know today and refer to as D.I. machine is a misnormer, an abuse of print lexicon and usage. They are merely a range of fairly used and new modern colourd copiers like the Konika-minolta bizhub series, sharp mx coloured series, Xeros, hp wide formats and others.

Technically, a D.I machine prints upto A1 sized materials - cards, paper, films, cloth, boards etc. But what we falsely label as D.I (konika et al) print only upto A3 size paper and cards,lol. sad

A good D.I machine will cost you around 45million to procure and install, but a sharp 41000N will slice off an estimated 130k at Ijesha, Lagos state cheesy

You wanna go into banner printing? Better go do an apprenticeship sir, before Alaba boys and those guys at Oduduwa warehouse use u complete their year project ontop PRINT-HEAD matter grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by joyce01(f): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2016
Please where can I get the training in Abuja?
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by weezyjahy: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
HI EXPECT IN THE HOUSE, i need an URGENT reply pls!!!

Am into computer publishing, i have full interest towards establishing a printing press company, i have no skills in the work but just wanna go for an apprentice skills but before going I would love to know the machines I will need in other to start a mini printing press and hw much will they cost me.
wanna start with printing of exercise books,journals,jotters etc .
which of those machines will be good and owk for a start (kord,sord,multilith or 201).
I also want to know if a kord machine can print 3 or 4 colour without running it at a time......

expects pls help me out I need ur reply ASAP!!!

I will be greatfull if I can get the reply asap thanks
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by zukky79: 6:31am On Sep 11, 2016
Ikonz:

Sorry for the late reply sir, been quite for sometime now.

Alright, congrats on your newly acquired business premises. I must tell you this, business centre is one of the most lucrative business out there, that's if its properly sited and well managed.

Basically, a Direct Image machine (D.I) is a huge, digital and complex new model of the offset machines we used to know (Kord, sord, multilith, 201, 1850 etc). It is made to bypass separation and plate making process to give a direct print of what you have on the screen.

But What we know today and refer to as D.I. machine is a misnormer, an abuse of print lexicon and usage. They are merely a range of fairly used and new modern colourd copiers like the Konika-minolta bizhub series, sharp mx coloured series, Xeros, hp wide formats and others.

Technically, a D.I machine prints upto A1 sized materials - cards, paper, films, cloth, boards etc. But what we falsely label as D.I (konika et al) print only upto A3 size paper and cards,lol. sad

A good D.I machine will cost you around 45million to procure and install, but a sharp 41000N will slice off an estimated 130k at Ijesha, Lagos state cheesy

You wanna go into banner printing? Better go do an apprenticeship sir, before Alaba boys and those guys at Oduduwa warehouse use u complete their year project ontop PRINT-HEAD matter grin grin

Please, I am interested in the Sharp 4100 you talked about. Please can you give me sellers contacts? Thanks in advance.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Mbkite(m): 3:23am On Sep 16, 2016
Ikonz, I can see you're really doing well and I really appreciate your selfless assistance here. I need to discuss something with you as pertaining to printing. I don't even mind coming down to owerri. I will either of drop my number or my email address once you reply this message. thanks so much for your assistance so far.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Acmetek: 6:38am On Sep 26, 2016
Hi All,
I stumbled on this thread while searching for something different.
I am a Service Engineer for Konica Minolta Sole distributor in Nigeria, I once worked with Xerox Sole distributor too before joining KM. I have over 12 years of experience.
I will like to contribute thus;
Getting a DI machine is needs demand Tact's, if you are getting a USED DI machine the best place to go is Ijesha in Surulere Lagos, that's the headquarters of Fairly used machines and you get it at a competitive rate. You don't need an expert to get it for you as it will be tested before you make payment, all brands are available there.
But, if you really want peace of mind and better ROI get a brand new one. With 1.5M you can get the latest KM Bizhub C258 for a start-up.
If you really want to dictate the pace in your area, the way to go is Bizhub C1070 the cost is around 10M and its really for those who want to get down to business.
Other attendant cost to bare in mind is, you must have a stable source of power such as generator 3.5 kva for Bizhub C258, others includes UPS, Good Earthing for the wiring system, Air condition, and open ventilated space for business.
The head office for KM is Skysat Technologies in Opebi, and for Xerox is XHS Matori.
Thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Mbkite(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2016
Acmetek:
Hi All,
I am a Service Engineer for Konica Minolta Sole distributor in Nigeria, I once worked with Xerox Sole distributor too before joining KM. I have over 12 years of experience.
Getting a DI machine is needs demand Tact's, if you are getting a USED DI machine the best place to go is Ijesha in Surulere Lagos, that's the headquarters of Fairly used machines and you get it at a competitive rate. You don't need an expert to get it for you as it will be tested before you make payment, all brands are available there.
But, if you really want peace of mind and better ROI get a brand new one. With 1.5M you can get the latest KM Bizhub C258 for a start-up.
If you really want to dictate the pace in your area, the way to go is Bizhub C1070 the cost is around 10M and its really for those who want to get down to business.
Other attendant cost to bare in mind is, you must have a stable source of power such as generator 3.5 kva for Bizhub C258, others includes UPS, Good Earthing for the wiring system, Air condition, and open ventilated space for business.
The head office for KM is Skysat Technologies in Opebi, and for Xerox is XHS Matori.
Thanks.
thanks bro for this insightful contribution. I will call on you from time to time. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by damola1: 4:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Is it wise to buy a HP designjet 800ps to be printing banners?

My small business depends on banners for marketing...and the cost is becoming unbearable, so considering this an affordable banner printer..banner size is small...it's like those for recharge cards.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by damola1: 4:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Acmetek:
Hi All,
Thanks.

My small business depends on banners for marketing...and the cost is becoming unbearable, so considering this an affordable banner printer..banner size is small...it's like those for recharge cards.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by ikemeze: 8:30am On Sep 30, 2016
damola1:

please drop give me your contact. need to discuss with you.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by seyigiggle: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2016
hi guys i am looking forward to purchase konica 5501 for commercial DI. how is the maintenance?
any prons?
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by seyigiggle: 11:34am On Oct 01, 2016
hi guys i am looking forward to purchase konica 5501 for commercial DI. how is the maintenance?
any prons?

Acmetek:
Hi All,
Thanks.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Acmetek: 6:37am On Oct 05, 2016
seyigiggle:
any prons?
Bizhub C5501 is way too old please don't go for it, the serviceable parts are no longer available, its better to go for C7000 or better still C1070.
Problem with getting very old model is that most of their parts are overused already, you can only get value from them a month or two after purchase then you will be needing technician visit almost every week.
If not for the current weak Naira, I would have advice you to import it from abroad, but there are some people putting up theirs for sale here that you can buy from, howbeit, you have to watch out for the total print count of the machine.
Any machine with higher print count should be cheaper than lower print count. Also watch out for the consumable level some are over 200% while 100% is the threshold. Also take time to find out when last the machine was put to use and the storage facility where it is stored. Storage in heated facility affects some parts of the machine that won't be noticeable until you starts production on it.
Lastly, since you will be buying used machine you have to be concerned with the print quality, hence, reserve close to 1 million the change the consumables, the drums, charger, belts, developer.
Make a good engineer your friend and never let him go, I tell you you have to be on their good side.
U may want to contact me through whatsapp 08034943934
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Acmetek: 6:50am On Oct 05, 2016
damola1:

Really don't understand what you mean by banner size like recharge card, are you talking of labels??
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by ozimec(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
greens:

I actually don't know where to start because I. Feel I am late.
The best DI machine I know is xerox. But you can only go for this if you are sure of yourself. It is costlier than others. But output and options favor it. You may have issues with the servicing and that is a big problem.
Konica is presently the best option. The parts as well as the engineers are available.
Sharp is also in the market but never gained acceptance as Konica.
Please don't buy in computer village.
They will sell scrap to you and use mouth to sell it.
We sell them and they are always available. You can visit us in Lagos. But is 250k for very good ones.

I am into printing but specialized in large format printing.
But even though you may not buy from me. Don't just buy from computer village.
You can ask me more about it. I will answer

GREENS pls I need your contact address, i will like to get your konica minolta. 08064156265

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest And Poorest Countries Of The World: Nigeria? / Photos From Dangote's 59th Birthday Party In Edo State / Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.