Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? (3856 Views)

My Wife Is Too Proud To Apologise / Why Is It Difficult For Ladies To Keep Their Virginity Till Marriage These Days? / Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 1:01am On Feb 09, 2015
Relationships face challenges from time to time. Most times a simply apology does the magic and brings things back to normal in the relationship.

Apologising goes a long way in saving a relationship. But over time men have been accused of finding it hard to say ‘sorry.’  Why is that so?

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 1:03am On Feb 09, 2015
Well, am use to it, I will point out ur fault and tell U̶̲̥̅̊ cnt U̶̲̥̅̊ just say sorry, den I will say sorry just to make everytin fine.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 09, 2015
They say it's ego!
But I find the attitude really disturbing too angry
I say sorry to my wife when I have to wink kiss
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Mynd44: 3:54am On Feb 09, 2015
Men don't say sorry? I an sorry but what type of men have you been hanging out with?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by cococandy(f): 4:45am On Feb 09, 2015
Not every man @OP

Only the insecure ones who feel every little thing emasculates them.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by flyca: 4:53am On Feb 09, 2015
Mynd44:
Men don't say sorry? I an sorry but what type of men have you been hanging out with?

Its not about the type of men OP hangs out with. Its generally difficult for most men to apologize for the sake of peace in a relationship. Period.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 09, 2015
What they have is too much ego,i think God made them like that....but HE will soften their hearts.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Mynd44: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2015
flyca:

Its not about the type of men OP hangs out with. Its generally difficult for most men to apologize for the sake of peace in a relationship. Period.
I apologize and I know men who do. So I dont get the OP

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by flyca: 7:14am On Feb 09, 2015
Mynd44:

I bet you also know men who don't. Its ego trip! Its nature. Its in them.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Mynd44: 7:16am On Feb 09, 2015
flyca:

I bet you also know men who don't. Its ego trip! Its nature. Its in them.
The same way I know women who don't. What do we call that?

In every sample there is always north and south

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Capitano1(m): 7:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Where did you get this rumour from? Rumour mills i guess,im sorry no be comot 4rm my mouth o.

SWEAT TOO MUCH call now or order now as offer last.
...to your staying dry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by flyca: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2015
Mynd44:

The same way I know women who don't. What do we call that?

In every sample there is always north and south

OP didn't say men do not apologize. He didn't say all women apologize either. He said its harder for men to. Please read the post again.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 7:25am On Feb 09, 2015
alutacontinua:
They say it's ego!

Maybe its cos U̶̲̥̅̊ care.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 7:27am On Feb 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Not like all men in general but majority dnt say sorry.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 7:29am On Feb 09, 2015
flyca:

OP didn't say men do not apologize. He didn't say all women apologize either. He said its harder for men to. Please read the post again.

Tanks
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Mynd44: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2015
flyca:

Harder? Who did the research?
Lets see the stats biko.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Mynd44: 7:32am On Feb 09, 2015
kikelomojessy:

Not like all men in general but majority dnt say sorry.
There are over 3 billion men on this planet. Are you telling me you have met over 1.5billion of them to arrive at your majority?
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Most men finds it hard, some will even say they did not notice that their spouse was upset. Its cos U̶̲̥̅̊ ar a guy am sure most ladies wud hav met few guys dat can't say sorry!
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 7:37am On Feb 09, 2015
Mynd44:

There are over 3 billion men on this planet. Are you telling me you have met over 1.5billion of them to arrive at your majority?

Lol, plenty gist from ladies corner made ♍ƺ use 'majority'
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by kikelomojessy(f): 7:39am On Feb 09, 2015
Modesayo:
What they have is too much ego,i think God made them like that....but HE will soften their hearts.

Amen!
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Mynd44: 8:30am On Feb 09, 2015
kikelomojessy:

Lol, plenty gist from ladies corner made ♍ƺ use 'majority'
undecided
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by slimyem: 9:26am On Feb 09, 2015
Women are more invested in maintaining harmony in relationships and also more in tune with people's feelings than men are.
Men mostly have a different understanding of what calls for an apology.Has more to do with their
psychology and make up I suppose...
Doesn't mean there aren't men who say the words when they have to and even when they do not have to. I'm sorry is like morphine to the soul..

It is one word that should be a part of everyone's vocabulary in their relationships with people regardless of their gender or marital status.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by slimyem: 9:29am On Feb 09, 2015
alutacontinua:

liar lair...pant on s fire wink tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by crackhaus: 10:02am On Feb 09, 2015
slimyem:

Women are more invested in maintaining harmony in relationships and also more in tune with people's feelings than men are.
Men mostly have a different understanding of what calls for an apology.Has more to do with their
Doesn't mean there aren't men who say the words when they have to and even when they do not have to.
I'm sorry is like morphine to the soul..

It is one word that should be a part of everyone's vocabulary in their relationships with people regardless of their gender or marital status.
Well said...
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
slimyem:

liar lair...pant on s fire wink tongue

My wife has confirmed it herself!
See the post below tongue

cococandy:
Not every man @OP
Only the insecure ones who feel every little thing emasculates them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by bellong: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
alutacontinua:
They say it's ego!

This husband is one of the very few good husbands we have left...

Op, tell your guy to take "emotional" lectures from this "man"... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
bellong:

This husband is one of the very few good husbands we have left...

Op, tell your guy to take "emotional" lectures from this "man"... cheesy

My wife is the best too, I don't have a choice smiley
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by mutter(f): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
It is always more difficult for the one with the upper hand to apologies. Just like it is harder for a parent to apologize to the child or the older sibling to apologize.
That takes allot of maturity and a big heart.

So if you don`t have that kind of husband you have to lead him initially to the great "art" of apologizing.

By approaching him when tempers have cooled down, when you can talk calmly and without anger or frustration and then explain to him where he hurt you. Let him know what an apology means to you.

I have this fault that I get really mad, when people don`t apologize but instead start lying or making stupid excuses. I needed to work really hard at myself to keep this anger in check with my husband. Initially he could only realize if I first apologized. Another tactic was finding every argument to make me feel I was in the wrong. Amazingly it was over minor things.
Well one day I complained to my husband that my son always argued that he was in the right rather than apologizing and my husband asked him why he did that.
son - Papa you do the same with mama. The last time you bought meat that was spoilt and you kept arguing it was okay.
Husband- but I am the boss.
Son- when you are out I am the boss too!
My husband was rather embarrassed and could not say anything again.
We never really quite realize how much kid`s learn from us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
Because their ego is the size of jupiter!
cheesy Seriously, i think its majorly a male thing, they av this bossy attitude naturally but it takes a matured man to work on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by YourCoffin: 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Men say sorry for an ofence they committed not for the ones they feel they didn't commit.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by chibic(m): 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
slimyem:

Doesn't mean there aren't men who say the words when they have to and even when they do not have to. I'm sorry is like morphine to the soul..

and men who tries to be soft hearted and apologise all the time are being treated like trash by same women that want an apologetic man...look at. That thread about the cheating doctor(wife) whose husband sacrificed everything for and still treated like trash..men doesn't need to be too soft to women.period!!!...cos any man that tries it is already living in hell..only 2% women apreciates a good man by their actions and not by what they post her all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? by cococandy(f): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
alutacontinua:

My wife is the best too, I don't have a choice smiley
grin right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Offer! 1.2kva Inverter + 200 Ah Battery (tkb Deep Cycle) = N69,900 / Help:my Wife No Longer Love Me / How To Handle A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.