Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News (50249 Views)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Buhari Called For Jega's Sack & Accused INEC Of Corruption In March 2013 / Breaking: Presidency Shops For Jega Replacement (Proof Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by spott(m): 3:58am On Feb 09, 2015
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

ABUJA — With the successful postponement of the elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the Presidency has launched a two-pronged war to ensure that President Goodluck Jonathan wins the election convincingly.
Anambra Supplementary Election: INEC Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega addressing pressmen , announcing November 30 for Supplementary election at Anambra State while National Commissioner Lawrence Nwuruku looks on in Abuja. Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan.

The two strategies are to stop Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress candidate from contesting the election with Jonathan and the replacement of the INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega, with a less independent-minded person. Jega, it was gathered, had been described by hawks around the president of being too independent-minded and ‘uncooperative’ despite being given the job on a platter of gold by the president’s men.
Vanguard learnt that Jega might have unwittingly played into the hands of the forces arrayed against him by agreeing to shift the elections.

Legal war to disqualify Buhari

Competent sources said last night that the move to remove Jega and the legal fireworks against Buhari, would be taken up simultaneously with effect from this week given the timeframe made possible by the shift.

The retired general is to be prosecuted by a team of legal luminaries for ‘lying on oath’ that he had a school certificate with the Nigerian Army when he knew that it was untrue. The plaintiffs are said to have settled for trying Buhari for alleged ‘perjury’ instead of outright non-possession of certificate following legal advice that the latter would be more difficult to prove within the time at their disposal.

Vanguard learnt that although Jega reluctantly succumbed to pressure from the Presidency and its security chiefs to shift the polls, he might still not be allowed by the forces to conduct the rescheduled elections between March 28 and April 11.

Vanguard gathered from competent sources that the Presidency was no longer comfortable with Jega and was, therefore, working tirelessly to get him out of the commission to pave the way for a more ‘trusted hand’ to conduct the rescheduled elections.

It was learnt that the forces arrayed against the INEC boss had convinced the President not to renew Jega’s tenure, which is expected to lapse on June 13 this year. The forces, it was learnt, felt that Jega was rather too ‘difficult’ to deal with, having not allowed himself to be dictated to by anyone since assuming office like other appointees of the government.

It was learnt that in a bid to sweep off Jega from his seat without raising any dust, he would be asked to comply with the civil service procedure by proceeding on his three months terminal leave with effect from March 1, this year since he is expected to retire on June 13.

S-West gov’s brother may replace Jega

Vanguard gathered that in his place, the Presidency was considering bringing in another academic from the South-West, who is currently heading a tertiary institution in the country. The professor of Political Science and International Relations is said to be a sibling of a serving governor in the South-West, who is a close ally of President Goodluck Jonathan and his party.
Competent sources also told Vanguard last night that although the name of the academic had been made known in security circles, it was not clear whether the man had been cleared by the forces with a view to sending his name to the National Assembly for possible confirmation, as required by law.
Working against Jonathan’s interest

As a prelude to removing Jega from office, some close allies of the President had started accusing him of taking side with the opposition to undermine the success of Jonathan and his party in the next election. Earlier last week, Jonathan’s godfather, Chief Edwin Clark and other prominent politicians from the Southern part of the country had accused Jega of working against the interest of the president and the PDP and asked him to resign from the commission.

Although no evidence was adduced by Clark and his group to support their allegation, they nonetheless called for the arrest of Jega. Similarly, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Saturday, said Jega had lied about the state of the commission’s preparedness for the conduct of the election.

In the same vein, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr. Olisa Metuh, accused INEC of working with the opposition to deny its members of permanent voter cards in some states. He called on the security agents to probe the commission over the development.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/presidency-shops-jegas-replacement/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by cycline404(m): 4:00am On Feb 09, 2015
First of all

This government has failed, its such a pity, the reason behind the postponement is crap.
Lets see how it will go at the end of the day.,
If Jega is replaced, then we call all read the line..

14 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by spott(m): 4:03am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ IS A DISGRACE... SIMPLE

[b]MARCH IN BUHARI AND MARCH OUT GEJ
THE FREEDOM "MARCH" -
They said he is not electable. Now that it's time to put their claim to test, they are running pillar to post trying to stop the only test that will prove them right or wrong.
They said Nigerians love Jonathan. Now that it's time for Nigerians to show how much they love him, the are afraid to subject him to public test.
They said Nigerians want continuity not change. Now that it's time for Nigerians to speak in favor of continuity or change, they wouldn't let Nigerians make their choices.
They said he's a military despot while they are democrats yet, he want elections and they hate elections.
They said their reason for the shift is to secure Nigeria from Boko Haram. How could they make Nigeria secure enough for elections in few weeks when they couldn't secure it in 5 years?
They said he is dishonest and they are honest yet, he always keep his words while they always break their promises.
We said they are clueless and they said they are prepared yet, it took them a week to elections to realize Nigeria is a security mess that need the concentration of the armed forces to be cleaned at the expense of a promising general election.
They said Nigeria is safe yet, "unsafe" Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan conducted credible elections where a "safe" Nigeria failed.
Be it February or March, a bad government will remain a bad government that must be sacked. No matter how long you delay the burial of a corpse, the dead never return.
KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE
#MARCH4BUHARI[/b]

530 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Davotee(m): 4:06am On Feb 09, 2015
Well. What shall i say unto the Lord, all i have 2 say is thank you lord. Afta hw many weeks of striving, dilligence and hard work, 2day i hav made it 2 fp again. Its not by power nor by might but by His grace upon me. I dedicate dis 2 all my frnds abroad. And my message 2 nairalanders iz HARDWORK PAYS, DONT GIVE UP. And imagine jst 2 places below ftc. Good job frm me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Oklander: 4:08am On Feb 09, 2015
Desperados.
We have since realized that upon the CinC himself been incompetent, he is surrounded by senseless sets of people. Who ever is dishing out this brainless ideas is amazingly idiotic for completely undermining the possible repercussion of this moves, and for the CinC to always go along with such ideas speaks well of his incapabilities and it's quite unfortunate. Sometimes I do wonder what crime Nigeria committed to deserve this kind of leaders today… Smh.

151 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jennyo: 4:09am On Feb 09, 2015
I don't believe it .He can't be that desperate

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by drkay(m): 4:23am On Feb 09, 2015
That'll be so undemocratic.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by malele(m): 4:25am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ is cool, if it was me, i will fire jega replace him with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by GARRIx7(m): 4:28am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is s cool, if it was me, ii will fire jega replace it with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by GARRIx7(m): 4:29am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is s cool, if it was me, ii will fire jega replace it with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.

Where is your sense??

282 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ascaris(m): 4:34am On Feb 09, 2015
Jona! Jona! please dont do this! this guy has been one of the finest under your administration. Prof. Jega is a great man even greater than you and Patience put together. Dont be decieve by the vampires around you.
If you decides to sack Jega, I am readily available!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Raiders: 4:38am On Feb 09, 2015
personally, I wish the election was not postpone by INEC because it might lead to problem. My unbaised prediction for the next 6 weeks is that the real reason PDP wanted the election postpone is that they want more time to get Buhari disqualified by the court for perjury in his waec certificate. If the election had held on 14th February there wont have been much time for the court to decide.

I also believe PDP will get a judge to disqualified Buhari because the case is now in court and should be resolve before 6 weeks time. If Buhari is disqualified by the court, it would lead to serious problem in the country and might end up leading to civil war or military coup because the opposition party APC would not participate in all governorship, senatorial and presidential elections. I just pray for Nigeria because the future looks really bleak for the country right now. I also hope GEJ is not trying to hold on to power at all cost.

I don't think Jega will be sacked because GEJ is not that clueless to make that kind of decision just 6 weeks to the election. Jega just have 3 months left and I don't think his appointment will be renewed when it expires by May.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 09, 2015
Clueless mofo,continue sacking our finest for ur selfish reasons, bath nnaji,lamido sanusi and now u want jega out

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by TreQuartista: 4:44am On Feb 09, 2015
Click 'LIKE' if you are for Buhari.

Sod off and/or fück off and/or go to hell and/or go and die if you are for GEJ!

APC
#Change
#March4Buhari

305 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by freshness2020: 4:52am On Feb 09, 2015
...GEJ; giving APC headache!
..I thought they say he is clueless, the more they say so , the more he shows them how authorising he can be!
<<FORWARD MARCH for GEJ2015!

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by koikoi2(m): 4:57am On Feb 09, 2015
Jega's tenure will soon expire by June after d elections. There is nothing wrong in shopping for a replacement from now.

Nigerians just like to cause unnecessary panic and portray Jonathan as a desperado.

GEJ til 2019

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Ilekeh(f): 5:00am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ is covering his tracks. He's the true boko haram sponsor.

Watch him suddenly discover "new otuoke-made evidence" to link boko haram to Buhari in the next few weeks.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by mamajohn(f): 5:03am On Feb 09, 2015
This is the man who had been penciled down for the ignoble job. A professor of Political Science and International Relation, Former VC of Ondo State owned Adekunle Ajasin University and younger brother of the State governor. His name is Prof Nazim Olufemi Mimiko.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jorlons(m): 5:05am On Feb 09, 2015
Two things will happen.

1 Sack Jega or replace him and there will be a serious revolution.

2 Disqualify Buhari and cause a civil war.

The only thing the PDP can do now is campaign with the six weeks and recapture the 14 LGA in the NE.

Join the #General March4 Buhari (GMB)

198 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by seunmsg(m): 5:11am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ is hell bent on causing chaos in the country and he keeps lying that nobody's blood is worth his ambition. Nigerians should stand together and resist any attempt to under mine our democracy. Abacha failed to transform into a civilian president, obasanjo failed to get a third term, GEJ will also fail no matter how much he tries to perpetuate himself in office against the wishes of the Nigerian people.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by nastyesco(m): 5:14am On Feb 09, 2015
Jonathan is playing with the balls of a sleeping lion

56 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Godfullsam(m): 5:17am On Feb 09, 2015
This is no news. We already saw it coming..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Now is the time where the truths are identified but yet some fools will ignorantly choose to hold on with lies.
It is a clear scenario to the wise that a lot of atrocities are being covered in this country but yet some fools will remain ignorant, even without any advantage, they will speak against what is true and real.
Man has been selfish since he stepped on earth...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 09, 2015
If that happens then GEJ will better be described as an anti Christ honestly undecided

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by joseph1832(m): 5:22am On Feb 09, 2015
Well I am not surprised! Jega should have stood his ground and gone ahead in conducting the election. However GEJ and the PDP may not find this ploy of their as easy as they perceive because the APC might have seen through their ploy.

If any attempt is made by GEJ and the PDP to remove Jega, then GEJ and the PDP will be pushing Nigeria into another political conflict.

Come to think of it, is it by force that one must go on leave?

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 09, 2015
This man called gej is digging his own grave. Even the late abacha wasn't as desperate as this gej is. I have never seen this kinda desperation before. A leader trying to hold onto power at the expense of the nation he is leading is very evil..
Ok you orchestrated a plan that got buhari disqualified, people took to the streets to demonstrate and eventually got themselves killed, pray tell me, what have he achieved as a leader?

Dear the good lord, pls do away with any evil person that wants to cause catastrophic chaos in this nation. Amen

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 09, 2015
I find this greatly disturbing. Maybe, nigeria would actually break up this year.
Jonathan is the most evil president nigeria has ever had. His calm demeanour will make you think he is clueless but that guy is greedy, scheming and will do anything to get what he wants.

My passport is ready with a couple of visas stamped here and there but I really really wish I can fight for this country. I wish I can get sufficient weapons to defend myself and my family from these oppressors...

I really wish apc didnt put out buhari. Wish they put out fasbola and amaechi or rochas.
It would have been case dismissed.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by suretman(m): 5:29am On Feb 09, 2015
mamajohn:
This is the man who had been penciled down for the ignoble job. A professor of Political Science and International Relation, Former VC of Ondo State owned Adekunle Ajasin University and younger brother of the State governor. His name is Prof Nazim Olufemi Mimiko.

This man is also another corrupt Asshole.. I remembered some years back when he said he used 1billion naira to plant flowers at AAUA.. Well Jonathan will have the opportunity to rig the election.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by spott(m): 5:31am On Feb 09, 2015
Jona is playing with not just fire but the sun....

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by LMAyedun(m): 5:31am On Feb 09, 2015
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jars9: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2015
Ok

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra / Minority Leader, Senator Akpabio Visits President Buhari In London (Pictures) / PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.