Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him (35577 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by helphelp: 6:44am On Feb 09, 2015
Afrobeat star and Late Fela's son, Seun Kuti  has explained why he would not vote this year. He also opened up on the only condition under which he would forgive Buhari for locking his father up. He told the Nation.

You recently came out and said you were misrepresented in some quarters of the media concerning the major presidential candidates. What are your views about the coming elections? Are you going to vote? Do you have your PVC?

No, I don’t have my PVC because I decided already long time ago, even before the candidates were chosen, that the election is the politician’s elections still. I’m not going to vote. And I’ve been proven correct. I’m happy that so many people in Nigeria today want to be involved in the democraticprocess of this country. It is a big development in our democratic development. 

And so many people want to also cast protest votes this year protest against how the country has been run by the present administration and I understand. And I support it as well. But the truth about it is that I believe that I am very politically mature. And for me to cast my vote, whoever I vote for has to represent my aspirations. I won’t just cast a protest vote in as much as a protest vote is needed in this forthcoming election. 

The candidate that is brought forward as well is someone that I believe is not in the good books of the Kuti family. And my family, we’re very united in our views about civic responsibility and human rights.

And retired General Buhari has trampled on the rights of my family when he jailed my father, illegally for that matter. And Fela was innocent. This is why it would be difficult for me to say I want to vote for Buhari. 

Maybe if Buhari wins and becomes president, then I can forgive him if he begins to do to Nigerians what Fela would have liked for Nigerians because maybe if Buhari becomes president and he suddenly becomes pro-people, developing Nigeria from the ground-up, things that I know would have made my father happy, and he is bring Nigeria up yeah.

Definitely, I would understand that even if Fela were alive and Fela sees Nigeria going forward like this, he would speak in favour of the man. But so far, I can’t betray my father based on some promises and some words. So, that is why I’m not voting for him.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/seun-kuti-buhari-wins-pro-people-might-forgive/

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by thaoriginator: 6:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Seun don begin smoking crack dis early morn

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by dkronicle(m): 6:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Simple speech, i feel dis guy..

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by eyenibibio(m): 7:02am On Feb 09, 2015
Seun, you have to let it go. GMB is a walking dead.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by teemanbastos(m): 7:05am On Feb 09, 2015
eyenibibio:
you are the one that is a dead person

198 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by espn(m): 7:07am On Feb 09, 2015
eyenibibio:
did you even read what he said or just rushed to comment.. he acknowledge buharis candidacy... he wrote d otueke next president off.. u can read it again.

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by bokohalal(m): 7:16am On Feb 09, 2015
espn:
did you even read what he said or just rushed to comment.. he acknowledge buharis candidacy... he wrote d otueke next president off.. u can read it again.
He can read but cannot comprehend.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Faibuhari: 7:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Seun is just confused aout who to vote, He can see the evil genius in GMB

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 09, 2015
Buhari did not kill your father. Why all the noise and seeking for attention? Buhari did not also throw your grandmother down from a high building which led to her death.

Since he doesn't have a PVC,he should STFU and let people with PVCs decide who to vote for.

Kapish!!

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by bokohalal(m): 7:22am On Feb 09, 2015
Faibuhari:
Seun is just confused aout who to vote, He can see the evil genius in GMB
He is not. Upon what Buhari allegedly did to his father, he would forgive him if he became president and has the welfare of Nigerians at heart. Not one mention of Goodluck Jonathan, EVER!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 09, 2015
Seun should shut up already, we love ur father but that doesn't justify some of his actions (like smoking igbo) ,go to fela shrine and see his father legacy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by buskie13(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2015
Suen... your dad is so proud of u ...Forget all these noise APC are making....they don't worth ur vote....eventually if they win.....they'll be VIP(Vagabonds In Power)

so much respect for #Fela Anikulakpo Kuti...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by buskie13(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2015
yemaldo:
Seun should shut up already, we love ur father but that doesn't justify some of his actions (like smoking igbo) ,go to fela shrine and see his father legacy
smoking Igbo?

wat do u mean by that

if u want Justice because of d Igbo he used to smoke....then....u should jail all these Nigerian celebrities u see around..

9 Likes

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by alaoeri: 7:33am On Feb 09, 2015
Seun GMB will be President come May 29, will out perform the clueless one & you will get to like him. cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by ggrin(f): 7:38am On Feb 09, 2015
Abeg go siddonangry
Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by focus7: 7:48am On Feb 09, 2015
Who cares, he can live with hate and die in bitterness for all I care. BUHARI remains our man.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by arsetalks(m): 7:51am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ' cluelessness is wide spreading. Even Seun Kuti who one would have expected to sentimentally back GEJ is not doing that. He is ordinarily ( judging by the quotes attributed to him) ready to support Buhari but won't due to family values.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by mrmetoo1: 7:52am On Feb 09, 2015
alaoeri:
Seun GMB will be President come May 29, will out perform the clueless one & you will get to like him. cool

That's all!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by joseph1832(m): 8:47am On Feb 09, 2015
berem:
Buhari did not kill your father. Why all the noise and seeking for attention? Buhari did not also throw your grandmother down from a high building which led to her death.

Since he doesn't have a PVC,he should STFU and let people with PVCs decide who to vote for.

Kapish!!
Believe it or not, those without PVC are the ones who make the loudest noise of all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 09, 2015
It's obvious seun is high on weed.

Click like for GMB
Click share for GEJ

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 09, 2015
so this guy still smokes he didn't learn from his father's bad behavior

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by hazyfm1: 8:59am On Feb 09, 2015
i see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 09, 2015
Na fela born this one too?

Abeg na Femi I know.

This dude wants to port, but his previous utterances when his mouth had diarrhea would make him seem like a caricature of his own words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Mogidi: 8:59am On Feb 09, 2015
And retired General Buhari has trampled on the rights of my family when he jailed my father, illegally for that matter. And Fela was innocent. This is why it would be difficult for me to say I want to vote for Buhari.

Not just your father, he trampled on NANS, NUJ, NMA, Ajasin, Ekwueme, Ambrose Ali, Awolowo the list is endless.

Don't worry son, we won't let him do it again. Buhari can never rule Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by MrIncrediible(m): 9:00am On Feb 09, 2015
You see, this one sef no get PVC after all this noise.

2 Likes

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 09, 2015
Lol
Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by simplemach(m): 9:00am On Feb 09, 2015
Dont even forgive him self
Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by kristisking(m): 9:00am On Feb 09, 2015
Buhari is in trouble.

4 Likes

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by eagleeye2: 9:01am On Feb 09, 2015
I am just tired of all these hate in the Nigerian political space. After the election, GMB or GEJ, most Nigerians are going back to "suffering and smiling".
Rest in peace Baba 70.

2 Likes

Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by msmon(m): 9:01am On Feb 09, 2015
Seun Kuti, I like u! Very objective just like his father.

Woman, Daughter Stranded In India Over Unpaid Hospital Bills
www.nairaland.com/2137713/woman-daughter-stranded-india-over
Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by lawrencemleopo: 9:01am On Feb 09, 2015
hmmm
Re: SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him by Sierraloaded: 9:02am On Feb 09, 2015
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 PDP Governors, BoT Members To Atiku: We Will Dump Your Campaign If Ayu Resigns / Obio Oluebube Meets Peter Obi, Says I Love You / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.