Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,935 members, 7,799,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Not To Vote For GEJ. Period. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not To Vote For GEJ. Period. (469 Views)

It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / Why I Will Vote for GEJ / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Not To Vote For GEJ. Period. by kemmy100: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2015
In this 21st century, the time when almost everyone has an internet or a smart phone and Nigerians are more connected to the outside world and each other, there are ways to run a political campaign and there are ways not to do that. I have not made up my mind up ontill today, I have gone through many comments on nairaland and in many other media outlets and there is one very clear difference: One camp is running a very effective campiagn and the other is not.
Lets start with a Niger delta militant, who threatened the former minister of defence. Now after our many elections and the many people that have lost their lives during our electoral process, a militant threatening a former memeber of the Government is very very bad, and doing that with the silent blessing of GEJs campaign team is very very bad. In the 21st century we do not need a politics of hate, but rather one of peace. GEJ should have condemned that statement in the hardest terms and then distanced himself from the miliant in question. You do not have to respect the man but you have to respect the office and the fact that it represents the Nigerian government.
2nd Postponing the election after june 12 is so so bad, GEJ and his camp should have fought tooth and nail not to make it happen, no matter what, he should not have allowed Nigerians to think of him that way. This gives more strenght to GMB, and does not help him in anyway. He should have said not in my name. This is why I will vote for GMB, because he has kept it calm and anything that reminds me on June 12 is a mighty no no.
3rd is Mr Okupe, again another violent rhetoric in the camp of GEJ. Now Buhari has during this election cycle said that everyone should keep calm. No one in is camp has so far said we will do this if this happens or that, but okupe has been making this remarks and making GEJ look very very bad. Now GEJ himself might be a good man with goof intentions, but if show me your friends and I will tell you who you are is still right then by association with okupe he has done himself more bad.
4th Okupe on hardtalk. Wow! folks this was bad. Now this man represents us, our government, our everything, he goes to the BBC and does this? Check vid below. Mr Okupe how can you say you helped GEJ in this regard? How can you say you made the Nigerian people look better. This is so bad that only by watching it will you know why we most seek a different part. The country is not safe, yes this happened in the Northeast, but this can also happen in the south, the west, etc. I mean pirates kill people off the coast of Nigeria, kidnappers to their best in the south, clashes in the middle best and yet you go and defend that on bbc, making it seem like our problems are only in the northeast? This shows that GEJ really is out of touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_HUrexd32U

(1) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Sister Marry A Soldier If Gej Wins the 2015 Election? / PDP China Phones Now In Circulation In Lagos / Why Yoruba Are Divided Over Jonathan, Buhari — Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.