Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,245 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians (3178 Views)

Paris Shooting: France Drops 20 Bombs On Islamic State Jihadi Training Camp / Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by RichyBlacK(m): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2009
[size=18pt]Bomb kills Hamas leader, his two wives and children[/size]

Published Date:  02 January 2009
By Ben Lynfield in Jerusalem

ISRAEL'S air force yesterday dropped a one-ton bomb on a Hamas leader's house in Gaza, killing him and 11 other people.
It was the first assassination of a senior Hamas figure since the bombardment of Gaza began six days ago.

The air-strike killed Nizar Rayan, a Hamas founder who had close ties to its military wing, and reduced to rubble the four-storey building in the Jebalya refugee camp in which he lived. Two of his wives and four of his children were also killed.

Haim Ramon, an Israeli cabinet minister, told Israel Television: "We are trying to hit everyone who is a leader."

Hamas MP Mushir al-Masri vowed that the militant group would use new tactics in response in its battle with Israel.

The war is deepening divisions and fuelling tensions between Arabs and Jews in Israel. In the mixed Arab-Jewish town of Lod, south of Tel Aviv, emotions are high among Arab residents over the more than 400 Palestinian fatalities from the Israeli bombardments.

"The Israeli operation in Gaza arouses in me, and I think in every witness, revulsion," said Yusuf Sharaya, a butcher, as he came out of prayers at a mosque.

The Gaza war has highlighted that the two sides inhabit different conceptual and emotional worlds.

In a kosher fast-food restaurant near Lod's municipality that was adorned with pictures of still-revered deceased rabbis, Itamar Gutman, a school administrator, became angry when asked about civilian casualties on the Palestinian side. "I have parents in Ashdod and they had missiles shot at them today.

"I feel sorry for them," he said of Gaza civilians. "But what can you do? In all wars there are such losses."

The two communities are on different wavelengths, with many of the Arabs in Lod, as throughout the Arab world, tuned in to al-Jazeera broadcasts which highlight the death and destruction in Gaza.

The Jews yesterday were watching Hebrew-language channels that focused on Hamas missile attacks, which have turned the country's south into a zone of anxiety and fear.

But in an Arab-owned clothing store, worker Ahmed Saadi said as he watched al-Jazeera: "The (Hamas] missiles do not do anything. They are just metal without explosive matter."

Mr Al-Saadi was born in Gaza but married an Israeli citizen and himself acquired citizenship. His father is still in Gaza.

"They are knowingly killing people who did nothing," he said of the bombings. "It's like when you throw a water balloon – you know that not only the place the balloon hits is going to get wet."

The Scotsman

Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by RichyBlacK(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2009
The Zionists continue to murder defenseless women and children - they call it collateral damage!
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2009
if zionist continue to murder defenseless women and children, then the rockets hamas fires into Israel is justified because those killed are not women and children they are f**king jews - you really have double standard

well you should ask the dead people with him if they are members of hamas or not because i can clearly see from the link below Israel have been warning homes of bomb attack before it happens

probably they have made up their minds to die maybe from Hunger or  for hope of awaiting 70 virgins

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213824.0.html
In what appeared to be a new Israeli tactic, the military called at least some of the houses ahead of time to warn inhabitants of an impending attack. In some cases, it also fired a sound bomb to warn away civilians before flattening the homes with powerful missiles, Palestinians and Israeli defense officials said.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by RichyBlacK(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2009
kaecy5:

if zionist continue to murder defenseless women and children, then the rockets hamas fires into Israel is justified because those killed are not women and children they are f**king jews - you really have double standard

well you should ask the dead people with him if they are members of hamas or not because i can clearly see from the link below Israel have been warning homes of bomb attack before it happens

probably they have made up their minds to die maybe from Hunger or  for hope of awaiting 70 virgins

In what appeared to be a new Israeli tactic, the military called at least some of the houses ahead of time to warn inhabitants of an impending attack. In some cases, it also fired a sound bomb to warn away civilians before flattening the homes with powerful missiles, Palestinians and Israeli defense officials said.

Please go read the facts before coming up here to shout "double standards".

Before the ongoing massacre of Palestinians by the blood-thirsty IDF, the Apartheid State of Israel effected a siege on Gaza, blocking the entry of supplies into Gaza from land and sea. They claimed it was necessary to stop the rockets being fired on Sderot. Any sensible person would ask a basic question - why collectively punish the entire Gaza population because of rockets being fired by a small fraction of extremists?

Furthermore, there is a reason why large-scale killings are referred to differently than killing one or two people.

Israel's evil IDF gets military support from the US, and they're using one-ton bombs to kill civilians. It's like responding to fireworks with grenades! Nobody is saying that the Apartheid State of Israel should not respond, however, killing hundreds of defenseless civilians just because of a few "toy" rockets that have killed four people is grossly disproportional!
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by landis(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Israel's evil IDF gets military support from the US, and they're using one-ton bombs to kill civilians. It's like responding to fireworks with grenades! Nobody is saying that the Apartheid State of Israel should not respond, however, killing hundreds of defenseless civilians just because of a few "toy" rockets that have killed four people is grossly disproportional!

spot on.

You begin to wonder if Mr H saw something the whole world was missing at that time.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by dayokanu(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2009
Responding to fireworks with grenades. YES!!!

Tell me what the response to fireworks should be? Fireworks?

Because hamas sends Qassams means israel too should send Qassam?

Because Al Qaeda used suicide bombers means the US too should use suicide bombers to respond?

Tell me when warfare became a mathematical equation.

How many civilians have died in this Israeli attack compared to militants? to back up your "Deliberately attacking civilians" claim.

The civilians in Israel being targeted by Hamas. Do they count at all?

Hamas attacked first using rockets and its on them to stop it if they want Israel to do the same.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by otokx(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2009
story, story - the world knows the truth this time around, HAMAS is the one to blame
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
RichyBLacK said ", why collectively punish the entire Gaza population because of rockets being fired by a small fraction of extremists?, "

Hamas are not a "small fraction of extremists". They are the de facto authority of Gaza and formed a supposed government after the last Palestinian election. The people of Gaza voted for Hamas and provided them support, sending women and children to act as human shields. Hamas has enjoyed the support of the Gaza people for years and Hamas militants have been firing rockets at Israel consistently out of civilian areas in Gaza, since after the last ceasefire was breached, (also by Hamas). The Israeli state has a duty to protect her citizens.

It is not the fault of the IDF that Hamas leaders thought it was strategic to position their arsenals within Gaza's civilian areas. How mistaken the Hamas leaders were, and how unfortunate for Gaza civilians! But here is the price to be paid for being unreasonable and unwilling to accept compromise in today's world. Let this serve as a lesson to others who refuse to accept peace.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Afam(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2009
anengiyefa:

RichyBLacK said ", why collectively punish the entire Gaza population because of rockets being fired by a small fraction of extremists?, "

Hamas are not a "small fraction of extremists". They are the de facto authority of Gaza and formed a supposed government after the last Palestinian election. The people of Gaza voted for Hamas and provided them support, sending women and children to act as human shields. Hamas has enjoyed the support of the Gaza people for years and Hamas militants have been firing rockets at Israel consistently out of civilian areas in Gaza, since after the last ceasefire was breached, (also by Hamas). The Israeli state has a duty to protect her citizens.

It is not the fault of the IDF that Hamas leaders thought it was strategic to position their arsenals within Gaza's civilian areas. How mistaken the Hamas leaders were, and how unfortunate for Gaza civilians! But here is the price to be paid for being unreasonable and unwilling to accept compromise in today's world. Let this serve as a lesson to others who refuse to accept peace.

Wonderful, so finally it is Hamas and the Palectinians that don't want peace? Interesting.

The good thing is that somehow what goes around comes around.

I know a great deal of people that enjoyed peace in the Niger Delta while supporting killing of innocent people elsewhere in the Middle east and before you could say Jack kidnapping and crime became the order of the day.

Some have relocated, some lost properties while other lost relations or friends. Many of them have been humbled by these experiences that they never imagined could come near them.

Be careful what you support in life because you never can tell. Arabs today, e fit be ya own ppl tomorrow, who knows?
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2009
Afam:

Wonderful, so finally it is Hamas and the Palectinians that don't want peace? Interesting.

The good thing is that somehow what goes around comes around.

I know a great deal of people that enjoyed peace in the Niger Delta while supporting killing of innocent people elsewhere in the Middle east and before you could say Jack kidnapping and crime became the order of the day.

Some have relocated, some lost properties while other lost relations or friends. Many of them have been humbled by these experiences that they never imagined could come near them.

Be careful what you support in life because you never can tell. Arabs today, e fit be ya own people tomorrow, who knows?

So what is your point? Is it not Hamas who have rejected the proposed peace-process articulated at Annapolis in 2007 which has been accepted in principle by all the other parties? We're talking about Hamas, Gaza and Isreal, you come and start telling us about Niger Delta. Where is the connection? As I understand it, one of the rules for posting comments is that you must stick to the topic being discussed.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by landis(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2009
Israel is refusing to let international journalists into Gaza, despite a Supreme Court ruling to allow a limited number of reporters to enter the territory.

more and more, Mr H was damn right. He saw ahead.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by TayoD1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2009
@RichyBlack,

The Zionists continue to murder defenseless women and children - they call it collateral damage!
I can see your passion is getting in the way of facts. Believe me, no one wants to see the innocent people die, but in our world it is inevitable, especially when we are dealing with people who assume some manner of death put them on a higher spiritual plane than others. This is certainly what we are witnessing in Gaza. If you feel traumatised by this incident, how do you think somone like me feels about abortion? What we are seeing now is child's play compared to the legalised massacre of babies in virtually every corner of the world today.

Isreal I believe, is in a war of necessity. If Palestines put down their weapons they will have peace, but if Isreal does, they will have annihilation. This truth is fundamental to the equation in the ME and Isreal is well aware of this.

Tha being said, I wonder if you can share with us, any war in history where one of the parties give advance notice to the other party of the precise location where it will be attacking. This is what Isreal has done. This was done to avoid civilian causalties. Until you can prove that other armies have been more careful than the IDF in limiting civilian causalties, then you certianly have no point. Here's what is reported that the IDF had done:

They said the Israelis either warned nearby residents by phone or fired a warning missile to reduce civilian casualties. Israeli planes also dropped leaflets east of Gaza giving a confidential phone number and e-mail address for people to report locations of rocket squads. Residents stepped over the leaflets

Rayan, 49, ranked among Hamas' top five decision-makers. A professor of Islamic law, he was known for his close ties to the group's military wing and was respected in Gaza for donning combat fatigues and personally participating in clashes against Israeli forces. He sent one of his sons on an October 2001 suicide mission that killed two Israeli settlers in Gaza.

Israel's military said the homes of Hamas leaders are being used to store missiles and other weapons, and the hit on Rayan's house triggered secondary explosions from the stockpile there.

Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Afam(m): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2009
anengiyefa:

So what is your point? Is it not Hamas who have rejected the proposed peace-process articulated at Annapolis in 2007 which has been accepted in principle by all the other parties? We're talking about Hamas, Gaza and Isreal, you come and start telling us about Niger Delta. Where is the connection? As I understand it, one of the rules for posting comments is that you must stick to the topic being discussed.

Since you cannot see the connection then it means you cannot understand my point. So, focus on other posts as I would not waste time trying to explain things until you begin to understand them.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2009
Even Egypt blames Hamas . . .

RichyBlack, your hypocrisy is exposed by the fact that Abass didnt even bat an eyelid over the death of Rayyan.

The IDF personally telephoned Rayyan to leave his house minutes before he was bombed . . . i'm sure HAMAS also phones Israeli schools before rocketing them.

Arguing with these mindless robbots is a waste of time.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Tornadoz(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Tayou-D
I can see your passion is getting in the way of facts.  Believe me, no one wants to see the innocent people die, but in our world it is inevitable, especially when we are dealing with people who assume some manner of death put them on a higher spiritual plane than others. This is certainly what we are witnessing in Gaza.  If you feel traumatised by this incident, how do you think somone like me feels about abortion?What we are seeing now is child's play compared to the legalised massacre of babies in virtually every corner of the world today.

Tayo puleeeese! For someone so against the living i wonder why you care so much for the unborn.

@Landis

You begin to wonder if Mr H saw something the whole world was missing at that time.

Am with you bro, most people now believe the world would have been a better place. The oppressed has now become the oppressor. What goes round comes round demography and time is on the side of the Palestinians. There'll be a Gas chamber ready for them soon, I can smell the hot oven already.

otokx:

story, story - the world knows the truth this time around, HAMAS is the one to blame

I wonder where your "world" is. Time for you to creep out your bunker and check the latest world opinion poll, 80% of people ally with the Palestinians.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by TayoD1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Tornadoz,

Tayo puleeeese! For someone so against the living i wonder why you care so much for the unborn.
I believe in live and let live. However, if you put my life and my family's at risk, I reserve the right to have you taken out first. Question: if armed robbers came to your house with a gun, would you just lie still and let them kill your family or you'll shoot them dead if you had the chance.

There'll be a Gas chamber ready for them soon, I can smell the hot oven already.
this coming from the person who just talked about caring for the living. You obviously share the same ideology with Islam. Jews are nothing but dogs right? They should not be classified as part of the living.

I wonder where your "world" is. Time for you to creep out your bunker and check the latest world opinion poll, 80% of people ally with the Palestinians.
is this opinion about the Palestines or about Hamas?
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Bastage: 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2009
The facts are out there for people who want to check.

This guy was warned well ahead of time that his house was viewed as a weapons dump by the IDF and that they were going to destroy it. They advised him and everyone else to evacuate.
He chose not to. He is directly responsible for every death in the household.

Goodbye dipshit.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by olabowale(m): 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2009
So interesting that no one has noticed that the remnants and products of Cracow and Warsaw ghettoes, who experienced Christanow, and gas chambers and holocaust, are doing the exact same thing, in a more methodical and proficient ways!
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
olabowale:

So interesting that no one has noticed that the remnants and products of Cracow and Warsaw ghettoes, who experienced Christanow, and gas chambers and holocaust, are doing the exact same thing, in a more methodical and proficient ways!

all respect to your age but man do us a favour and shut up.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by RichyBlacK(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2009
davidylan:

all respect to your age but man do us a favour and shut up.

Why not try taking your own advice for once, hmm?
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Not when we have blockheads like you around . . . no.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Lagosboy: 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2009
davidylan:

Arguing with these mindless robbots is a waste of time.
If it is then shut the F**ck up and go argue with urself. You opinionated heartless zionist!!! who says with one mouth killing of civilians is bad and praises the Israeli war crimes in Gaza.

I saw today on chanel four news 4 children killed today!!! Children playing and israeli missiles attack them i guess those are hamas fighters as well. The UN says at least 1/4 of the 430 dead so far are women and children not to mention that civilan males would be among the dead as well.

davidylan:

The IDF personally telephoned Rayyan to leave his house minutes before he was bombed . . . i'm sure HAMAS also phones Israeli schools before rocketing them.

What a lie , honestly everyday ur mouth just vomits lies. Can you tell us your source that the IDF phoned Rayyan their target of assasination do you think we are fools here? I guess you did the phone callas urself.

It was other Hamas leaders that requested he goes into hiding and he refused. This is a brave man and offered to die of the Israeli attacked. It was you the same jerk that said hamas leaders were hiding while palestinans are getting killed now a hamas leader stood his ground and u spitting garbage!
The IDF lacks any moral as u kill a man and 2 wives with 11 children and u tell me israel is not killing civilians i guess its just collateral damage.

The IDF was defeated by just Hezbollah. Israel just never learns, 7 days gone the objective of the airstrike is still a mirage rockets are still been fired exactly what happened with hezbollah as well the rockets kept comming till d last day of the war

All you Zionist apologetics are just shameless bunch of people !!!
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by RichyBlacK(m): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
davidylan:

Lekwe this hypocrite!

You refuse to take the medicine you prescribe because RichyBlack is in the hallway reading a newspaper?
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 03, 2009
Lagosboy:

I saw today on chanel four news 4 children killed today!!! Children playing and israeli missiles attack them i guess those are hamas fighters as well. The UN says at least 1/4 of the 430 dead so far are women and children not to mention that civilan males would be among the dead as well.

another lifeless hypocrite - i saw on TV last night an elementary classroom where a HAMAS grad rocket had just pulverised the roof. Thank God that Israelis love their children and provide them with bunkers if not . . .

I guess u only watch selective news.

Lagosboy:

What a lie , honestly everyday ur mouth just vomits lies. Can you tell us your source that the IDF phoned Rayyan their target of assasination do you think we are fools here? I guess you did the phone callas yourself.

Source - Hardline Hamas leader killed in air strike on Gaza home

[size=18pt]Hamas radio reported Rayan had received a phone message from the Israeli armed forces saying they were going to blow up his house but he refused to leave. Israel has been using automated phone calls and SMS messages to urge Palestinians in areas Israel wants to attack to leave their homes.[/size]

Next time think before you open your senseless gob.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Lekwe this hypocrite!

You refuse to take the medicine you prescribe because RichyBlack is in the hallway reading a newspaper?

you read ur own papers upside down?
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by olabowale(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2009
@DavidDylan: « #20 on: Yesterday at 11:47:21 PM »  

Quote from: RichyBlacK on Yesterday at 11:44:22 PM

I concur. David, not when we have a double blockheads like you around, no!
In your case, you are a bonehead, too. If you can dock, dont throw the spat!

You know what I mean?
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 03, 2009
olabowale . . . you really are a funny old man. grin
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 03, 2009
Lagosboy:

It was other Hamas leaders that requested he goes into hiding and he refused. This is a brave man and offered to die of the Israeli attacked. It was you the same jerk that said hamas leaders were hiding while palestinans are getting killed now a hamas leader stood his ground and u spitting garbage!
The IDF lacks any moral as u kill a man and 2 wives with 11 children and u tell me israel is not killing civilians i guess its just collateral damage.

yeah quite a brave fool. Sent his own son to commit suicide bombing raids in 2001.

That must be some subhuman . . . everyone else i know will die for their own children.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by 4Play(m): 12:15am On Jan 03, 2009
How una sure say this Olabowale is an ''old man''?  grin

I suppose next time Seun bans me, I will re-register on NL as a middle-aged man and expect people to treat me with reverence.
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by olabowale(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2009
Were you alive before the Nigerian independence? If you are not, 4 Play, you will be just faking it up!
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 03, 2009
olabowale:

Were you alive before the Nigerian independence? If you are not, 4 Play, you will be just faking it up!

were u alive during the amalgamation too? grin
Re: Mass murder: Israel drops 1-ton bomb killing 12 civilians by olabowale(m): 12:25am On Jan 03, 2009
bad joke. you thought you got jokes. orishi rishi ijebu ara eee.

i beg let me hear word.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk's Show Of Force Against Russian aggression / Ghana Boxer Who Bleached His Skin Shares Pic Of Him Dropping Young Girl's Boobs / White Guy Gets A Knock-Out Kick For Calling A Black Guy "Kaffir" *** Video***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.