Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me (5835 Views)

To Those Men Who Want To Progress Financially, Read This And Thank This Lady / 7 Signs Your Boyfriend Is Not Serious About Your Relationship / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
I want you guys to know we are both students, tho he is now awaiting service. We have been together for over 3yrs smiley I started dating him since I was in 100L now am in 500L.
The problem is he keeps asking me for money when he knows fully well that I depend on my pocket money, am not stingy towards him so each time he asks I have no choice than to give him.
I started saving from my money last year for future purposes due to the high rate of unemployment, I was able to save 40k but he asked me to borrow him 10k which I did. He didn't return the money but asked for another, to cut it short I dunno how 40k dissappeared.
Each time he says 'babe pls borrow me...I will return it back' i just zero my mind and give him cos I know he won't return it.
I know by God's grace he will see a job as soon as he is done with service. I have saved 25k again this new semester and he is asking for 2k sad it's not as if the money is huge but am scared that the money will vanish just like the 40k.
I know I shouldn't be asking this here but it's making me feel like a stingy person, my question now is
1) do you think am stingy?
2) is it realistic to start saving even as an undergraduate?
3) is he using me for my money?
Tnks. No Insults pls kiss

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by alberto2k(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
Don't be surprised he will be burning your cheese on other biitches this falentine undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by iceberylin(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hes saving for 14th grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by KingTom(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:
Hes saving for 14th grin
King of modifying posts grin Guy you be thief grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by DickDastardly(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
Dear Madam ATM,
His Verve card must be more than 9inches. grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Kingblingz(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
Babe the earlier you realise he has turned you into mayb First City Monument Bank,the better 4 you!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Kennywills7(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:
Hes saving for 14th grin
Hehehehe bro u wicked o
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by iceberylin(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
KingTom:
King of modifying posts grin Guy you be thief grin

Mehnnn...i love my iphone7+ grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Kennywills7(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Typing
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by iceberylin(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kennywills7:

Hehehehe bro u wicked o
Make we give her hope ni grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by KingTom(m): 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:

Mehnnn...i love my iphone7+ grin
Ewu Togo grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Kennywills7(m): 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:

Make we give her hope ni grin

grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by iceberylin(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
KingTom:
Ewu Togo grin
Mkpi angry

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Odillz: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
MONKEY DEY SAVE,
EWU DEY SPEND grin grin grin grin grin

Bae,you are doing a good job saving,you are in no way stingy but a giver.
Just limit it and stop making it too obvious that you are saving.

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by KingTom(m): 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:

Mkpi angry
Oniranu grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kingblingz:
Babe the earlier you realise he has turned you into mayb First City Monument Bank,the better 4 you!
I taya o
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Abduletudaye(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
My dear, you're a good girl.. But please be wise...

You're giving him money because you have..what if you didn't?

Anyway, just be wise about the way you give him money...am not saying you shouldn't give him sha o..just be wise about it..

Goodluck.. smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by iceberylin(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
KingTom:
Oniranu grin
Una no gey elders for village? ?? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by purplesummer(f): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
No matter how rich you are, a real man must never ask his girl friend for money. In fact, even when you give him on your own volition he should be reluctant to accept same. It's either he is just using you as his atm (as your rightly guessed) or he is plain irresponsible. You should dump his broke a5s already before he ruins your financial future which you are struggling to build.
Hope I didn't insult you or your boyfriend? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:

u b elder? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by jmoore(m): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
Are you under a spell?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by KingTom(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
iceberylin:

We get, I am one of them undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by ronald4lif(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
alberto2k:
Don't be surprised he will be burning your cheese on other biitches this falentine undecided

Lol! Very true
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by misreal(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
purplesummer:
No matter how rich you are, a real man must never ask his girl friend for money. In fact, even when you give him on your own volition he should be reluctant to accept same. It's either he is just using you as his atm (as your rightly guessed) or he is plain irresponsible. You should dump his broke a5s already before he ruins your financial future which you are struggling to build.
Hope I didn't insult you or your boyfriend? undecided
its not wrong for a girl to give his guy money.but this particular guy has not been good..
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by elantraceey(f): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
1. How can you even ask that question undecided

2. Every student should save , infact it's essential because most times when you get out of school you'll be on your own and your sponsors will expect you to start making your own money meaning little or no pocket money so you're doing the right thing.

3. My dear the next time he asks say no and stand firmly by it , infact don't give him anything again and just watch him display who he truly is, in less than a month you'll be shocked.

By the way , does he spend on you at all?

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by InZA: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
Break up with him and stop wasting your time with someone who has no financial integrity.

He's the type of man that will use the money you've saved up for [your] children's school fees to play Nairabet.

It has nothing to do with whether he gets a job as the COO of shell, the fact remains that he lacks financial integrity and as with all cases of questionable integrity, he's not likely to change anytime soon.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by ronald4lif(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
I am afraid but such relationship easily pack up as soon as you stop parting ways with money. You should thread carefully please.

To your first question, for you not to be giving money doesn't make you any way stingy, you are still a student and doesn't earn, the question of you being stingy or him tagging you as one is silly to be honest.

There's no time one can't be saving, no restrictions to that. Savings is always good as it enables us prepare for future uncertainties. But the question of you saving or not is also not relevant, that you don't have savings or doesn't want to be saving doesn't necessarily mean you should be spending your meagre welfare allowance on a grown up dude.

You see, your last question it's very important. Will he still be there when you stop giving him money? Will he still have your time if she meets another woman who spends bigger on him? This I am equally afraid is on the negatives. As soon as the money stops coming your man may quit it. On another note, he may no longer be loyal as soon as he gets a good job.

Tell him frankly, you ll no longer give him your welfare money, be clear about it and stand by it. If he walks away? Well, it's better that way. Some guys sha, no shame at all. Not as if you're working

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Behira(f): 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2015
sad I sincerely dunno wat to say to u tho, but why not explain to him clearly why u cant give him any more money and stand by ur decision..... watch wat wud be his reaction for some period of time to kno if he trully loves u but I hav a feeling he only sees u as his Central Bank
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Brugo(m): 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2015
I smell lies. It's the other way round.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Tallesty1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
I no dey see this kain babes datesadsad
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
elantraceey:
1. How can you even ask that question undecided

2. Every student should save , infact it's essential because most times when you get out of school you'll be on your own and your sponsors will expect you to start making your own money meaning little or no pocket money so you're doing the right thing.

3. My dear the next time he asks say no and stand firmly by it , infact don't give him anything again and just watch him display who he truly is, in less than a month you'll be shocked.

By the way , does he spend on you at all?
Not really. I guess am blindly in love
Re: My Boyfriend Is Always Demanding Financially From Me by elantraceey(f): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
rockstarB:

Not really. I guess am blindly in love

Please permit me to laugh

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

My dear remove those mask from your eyes before it's too late , you might even be surprised that the money he collects from you he spends in on another woman , do what i advice in my first post and watch his reaction .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation. Pls Advise. / JUST LOOK at How Everything Changed — To Be Deleted Soon [PIC] / Which Song Would Most Aptly Describe Your Last Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.