Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? (1871 Views)

Checkout This Video Of A PARROT PRAYING IN Islam.(video) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It / No Parrot Owners Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by Joshua8695(m): 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
Someone just told me that parrots can talk like human being.
Have you really seen a parrot talking before?
......................follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/Richiejaystar
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by pinkycute(f): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
How do you mean by "If you are a human being than follow me on Twitter"

Are you a ghost or what Hmmmmm... Some pple sef undecided nawa...
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by TrishaP(f): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
Never heard them talk just the usual whistle.
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by Qu3sT(m): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
We had a parrot at our home and he used to call our names, could say some phrases and could easily learn a new word until he was killed embarassed.

True story

So to answer ur question, yes, parrot's do talk though not as much as humans.
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by Joshua8695(m): 11:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
Qu3sT:
We had a parrot at our home and he used to call our names, could say some phrases and could easily learn a new word until he was killed embarassed.

True story

tank really. Like how much can i purchase a parrot?

1 Like

Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by Qu3sT(m): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
Joshua8695:

Well depends on the type you want to buy. The more exotic the parrot the more costly it will be.

We bought our parrot I think around 10-15k but that was some years back so I don't really know how much they go for these days.
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by Baroba(m): 1:50am On Feb 10, 2015
African Grey parrots are extremely intelligent, when trained properly, some have been known to attain the vocabulary of a three year old child..
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by steppin: 11:08am On Feb 11, 2015
Joshua8695:
African grey with the cage is 30k.
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by lahit14(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
TrishaP:
Never heard them talk just the usual whistle.

They actually do talk, ownd 1 during my childhood, it practically repeats almost evrytin u say. Congo african grey, the one wit the red tail. I tink they'r a littl biggr thn timneh's.
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by TrishaP(f): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
lahit14:

They actually do talk, ownd 1 during my childhood, it practically repeats almost evrytin u say. Congo african grey, the one wit the red tail. I tink they'r a littl biggr thn timneh's.
Ok
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by Baroba(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2015
steppin:

African grey with the cage is 30k.

If you can establish a good export market you will be laughing, in Uk African Grey is nothing less than £500 - £800.
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2015
Qu3sT:

True story

Yea they do talk,their voice can sound like human's when they talk,but I have only heard them call names and not made a sentence.
And not all parrots but the African grey
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by ireneony(f): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2015
I have a parrot ...
and I named it sheriff
Re: Have You Really Seen A Parrot Talking Before? by steppin: 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
Baroba:

If you can establish a good export market you will be laughing, in Uk African Grey is nothing less than £500 - £800.
Lol. You think I don't know that? There's a ban on import and export(not fully sure about export) of exotic birds.
Most countries won't allow birds from 3rd world countries like Nigeria. The European union in 2007, banned the import of wild bird except from selected countries.
The only way to sell these birds outside Naija is to smuggle them illegally and I no get that kain strength.lol

(1) (Reply)

Dogs Heat Period / Beautiful Boabul Puppies@affordable Prices. / Pitweiller Puppies For Sale Five Weeks Old (vaccinated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.