Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand (64738 Views)

Pictures Of A Nairalander Trip To Ghana / Nairalander's Trip To Kenya / Aa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 19, 2015
Nice story what happens with this thread when you return?
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by JustCare: 6:49am On Feb 19, 2015
aytevans:
Quote: .....Life will not give you what you deserve but what you demand.... Ayt Evans
.....Our destination is near but the journey is far.... Ayt Evans
.....Sometimes you think you mean nothing to yourself but to someone out there you mean the world to them;
.....give hope to give life.... Ayt Evans
sure! 'what I demand'
it's good to know you're among these group of people...Nigeria have got talents.
safe trip back home bro.
Remember our talk ooo
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by finestboy1: 9:32am On Feb 19, 2015
aytevans:
Quote: .....Life will not give you what you deserve but what you demand.... Ayt Evans
.....Our destination is near but the journey is far.... Ayt Evans
.....Sometimes you think you mean nothing to yourself but to someone out there; you mean the world to them;
.....give hope to give life.... Ayt Evans

Yea So true Bro..
You have to demand for what you want in life.
Have a safe trip back.
Those pictures are amazing. I am definately adding New Zealand and Australia to my bucket List cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by ireneony(f): 10:06am On Feb 19, 2015
aytevans:
Hello fellow Nairalander's, I have read different people sharing their travel experiences while they embark on distance journey on Nairaland so therefore I want to share mine. I have been an active member of Nairaland for some years now and I also shared some topics on travel section about Lithuania.

I will be traveling for Conference from Lithuania to New Zealand Via Vilnius Lithuania - Viena Austria - Stuttgart Germany - Abu Dhabi UAE - Singapore Singapore - Brisbane Australia - Queenstown Newzealand. I will also reach Sydney and Belgium on my way back.

Join me as I share my experience about the trip to the MOST FAREST COUNTRY ON EARTH.

Day 1.[color=#000099][/color]
First let me start today by saying thanks to everyone joining on this trip smiley.
Now the journey begins from the hotel I stayed in Vilnius which is Rinno Hotel, very nice hotel with first class treatment, no wonder it was rated high (9.0) one of the few hotels you might want to stay when you visit Vilnius Lithuania.

Moving now to Vilnius airport, I will update when I get to the airport. Stay turned
nice one op...
Will you marry megrintongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by zimoni(f): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
Interesting thread.

I'm going to visit New Zealand someday. Really like the country.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2015
ON RETURN JOURNEY.

Thankful for today, I am currently at Sydney international airport leaving to Abu dhabi. It was a wonderful flight from queenstown to Sydney. I liked it better then when I went through Brisbane to Aukland. The hostess were nicer this time wink. Sydney airport is bigger compare to Brisbane but I can't say which is better. One thing I like about Australia and Newzeland is that they provide the basic need free of charge. Their airport has free water to drink which springs up from the tap and you can drink from it, free charging ports with chargers of various phones and their toilet is too good just as big as an apartment. grin
Advice: if you want to visit NEW ZELAND, I will advice anyone to visit places like Wellington and the surrounding towns. Auckland and queenstown is full of foreigner which makes it less fun as you might not even meet the land owners. I was even told by indigens to visit other part of NEW ZELAND if I want to enjoy the hospitality of the KIWIS. They are very nice people but you might not meet one in queenstown and also it expensive in queenstown because of it foreign base tourist even though I must confess it beautiful there is queenstown.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by ichommy(m): 10:29am On Feb 20, 2015
Weldone aytevans You study in Lithuania? Following u from Day 1
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by JustCare: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
aytevans:
ON RETURN JOURNEY.

Thankful for today, I am currently at Sydney international airport leaving to Abu dhabi. It was a wonderful flight from queenstown to Sydney. I liked it better then when I went through Brisbane to Aukland. The hostess were nicer this time wink. Sydney airport is bigger compare to Brisbane but I can't say which is better. One thing I like about Australia and Newzeland is that they provide the basic need free of charge. Their airport has free water to drink which springs up from the tap and you can drink from it, free charging ports with chargers of various phones and their toilet is too good just as big as an apartment. grin
Advice: if you want to visit NEW ZELAND, I will advice anyone to visit places like Wellington and the surrounding towns. Auckland and queenstown is full of foreigner which makes it less fun as you might not even meet the land owners. I was even told by indigens to visit other part of NEW ZELAND if I want to enjoy the hospitality of the KIWIS. They are very nice people but you might not meet one in queenstown and also it expensive in queenstown because of it foreign base tourist even though I must confess it beautiful there is queenstown.
wishing you peace and safe trip as you journey back.
Don't forget our proposed discussion ooo.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 4:05am On Feb 21, 2015
Glory be to God almighty, I am currently in Abu Dhabi now. The flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi is quite long (14hrs) but it was great; two times meal of flight smiley

On my arrival here in Abu Dhabi I got ticket to eat free because I will be spending sometime at the airport. I didn't know about the food tickets when I came here previously. I can have shower and place to sleep at the airport, such a nice offer from the Etihad airways wink.

Observation: learn to ask and be inquisitive about the things around you so you won't miss out in life opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by ichommy(m): 5:30am On Feb 21, 2015
wow, straight Flight for 14Hrs, Wishing you peace and safe trip. Enjoy Bro.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
lolz
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by VkEks69: 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
great
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Chesman10(m): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2015
mmsen:

The problem with Nigeria is cultural - Nigeria has everything needed to be a wonderful place, the problem is the culture.

People insist on passing down their unfortunate cultural traits to their children (of which they have too many) and then lament the state of the nation. They fail to understand their own role in the destruction of their homeland.

My hope is that there is a mass exodus of some sort (or an event that relieves the population burden) so that the country can be built up into what it should be, both from an infrastructure and cultural standpoint. At the moment there are too many people within that country clinging to their idiotic practices that will get in the way of progress.

P.S.
Someone in here made an interesting point about the Australians being "humble" by wearing short pants and sandals - that isn't "humble", in 30 degrees Celcius it makes sense to wear light/minimal clothing. This is one of my primary issues with Nigerians/Nigerian culture - the impractical nature of the society. The resources are there but the mentality, sadly, is not.
you have made my day. This is what I have always argued with friends back then in Nigeria. They never agreed with me. Nigeria problem is black man problem. Culture of hatred, bitterness and self-serving is generally, black mans problem.Let no one deceive you about leadership. Our culture is the greatest barrier. Sycophancy and celebration of mediocrity inherent in our culture inhibits development.Love you Aussies, the greatest land of humanity and hopitality.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2015
After several hours of flight, 7 hours to be precise with Air Berlin, I landed here in Stuttgat Airport Germany safely smiley Glory be to God.

It was a smooth journey, no scary moment while on air grin. The issue now is that most people luggage is probably in Abu Dhabi including me. After waiting endlessly to get my luggage, I was asked to fill a form that my luggage wasn't picked from Abu dhabi, but they will deliver it to my home address, sad isn't it? Anyways I am with my phones, camera, wallet and passport which are the most important things grin.

Something I ate about Stuttgat airport now is no free wifi and I need it to route myself to Brussels, Belgium undecided My few hours stay now has cost me couple of euros because I had to buy SIM card (20 euros) for Internet, body cream, hair cream, hair brush, wet lips and food to eat. I had most of this things in my luggage, anyways life goes on, No time for worries.

Tonight I will be Belgium then I will update more, now I need to take care of myself.

Quote: A good adviser is that person that listen to his own advice first
AND You are the only source of your happiness

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by mmsen: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Chesman10:
you have made my day. This is what I have always argued with friends back then in Nigeria. They never agreed with me. Nigeria problem is black man problem. Culture of hatred, bitterness and self-serving is generally, black mans problem.Let no one deceive you about leadership. Our culture is the greatest barrier. Sycophancy and celebration of mediocrity inherent in our culture inhibits development.Love you Aussies, the greatest land of humanity and hopitality.

I'm glad that I made your day but I have no idea what "black man problem" is.

Greece is in economic turmoil right now - those people are not 'black'.

Likewise Ukraine.

Argentina has been in flux for the best part of twenty years, again those people are not 'black.

Same goes for Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.

Please do not misconstrue what I meant. Nigeria's cultural problems are largely rooted in a failure by the majority to understand their surroundings and their history. If they did then they would aspire for better and have more respect for their environment and their neighbors. My hope is that one day Nigerians will understand that they are sat on some of the most valuable real estate on the planet and treat it with the respect that it deserves.

It is far from being all bad, Nigeria has improved a great deal since the military left power and there are people in that country intent on doing what is best for their homeland. You mentioned, hatred as a Nigerian problem, hatred is part of the human condition but self-hatred is a sickness often displayed on this forum by those claiming to be Nigerian. I take issue with the never ending list of people eager to run down Nigeria - some of whom are bitter Nigerians but many are foreigners who have never stepped foot in Nigeria. That is the height of ignorance.

With all due respect, I do not believe that we are on the same page. Nigeria is far from being the worst place in the world, the Western world is in a situation that it cannot pull itself out of in that the economic system that they have foistered upon the world is now failing their own people. Most western nations are now suffering increased unemployment or a drop in living standards allied with a rise in taxes. Sadly, there is a lack of perspective and these facts are missed (or ignored) by many people who seem keen to attack Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by tobillionaire(m): 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
aytevans:
After several hours of flight, 7 hours to be precise with Air Berlin, I landed here in Stuttgat Airport Germany safely smiley Glory be to God.

It was a smooth journey, no scary moment while on air grin. The issue now is that most people luggage is probably in Abu Dhabi including me. After waiting endlessly to get my luggage, I was asked to fill a form that my luggage wasn't picked from Abu dhabi, but they will deliver it to my home address, sad isn't it? Anyways I am with my phones, camera, wallet and passport which are the most important things grin.

Something I ate about Stuttgat airport now is no free wifi and I need it to route myself to Brussels, Belgium undecided My few hours stay now has cost me couple of euros because I had to buy SIM card (20 euros) for Internet, body cream, hair cream, hair brush, wet lips and food to eat. I had most of this things in my luggage, anyways life goes on, No time for worries.

Tonight I will be Belgium then I will update more, now I need to take care of myself.

Quote: A good adviser is that person that listen to his own advice first
AND You are the only source of your happiness
.... I know D God dat. Do urs, will actually do mine.. Tnx fr d inspiration
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
OP Snap picture na.. Even if na onyinbo make we dey see smiley

This return trip no sweet like when we dey travel...

BTW I am still where they gave us meal tickets in Abu Dhabi so when you get Wifi, use foto carry me reach Germany... m impatiently waiting undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Chesman10(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
mmsen:

I'm glad that I made your day but I have no idea what "black man problem" is.

Greece is in economic turmoil right now - those people are not 'black'.

Likewise Ukraine.

Argentina has been in flux for the best part of twenty years, again those people are not 'black.

Same goes for Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.

Please do not misconstrue what I meant. Nigeria's cultural problems are largely rooted in a failure by the majority to understand their surroundings and their history. If they did then they would aspire for better and have more respect for their environment and their neighbors. My hope is that one day Nigerians will understand that they are sat on some of the most valuable real estate on the planet and treat it with the respect that it deserves.

it is far from being all bad, Nigeria has improved a great deal since the military left power and there are people in that country intent on doing what is best for their homeland. You mentioned, hatred as a Nigerian problem, hatred is part of the human condition but self-hatred is a sickness often displayed on this forum by those claiming to be Nigerian. I take issue with the never ending list of people eager to run down Nigeria - some of whom are bitter Nigerians but many are foreigners who have never stepped foot in Nigeria. That is the height of ignorance.

With all due respect, I do not believe that we are on the same page. Nigeria is far from being the worst place in the world, the Western world is in a situation that it cannot pull itself out of in that the economic system that they have foistered upon the world is now failing their own people. Most western nations are now suffering increased unemployment or a drop in living standards allied with a raise in taxes. Sadly, there is a lack of perspective and these facts are missed (or ignored) by many people who seem keen to attack Nigeria.
yes I quite agree with you. Do not think that you can explain everything you mean or believed in a page of nairaland. First, for my life, I have been a good ambassador of my country in all the places I have travelled to, and I would be a fool to disparage my native country. I have met Nigerians here who advised me mot to disclose my nationality. But I have resisted to deny my nationality or even lie about my age in order to get a better deal in all the places I worked.
Then coming to what I mean by blackmans problem, it is still the act of not having that retrospective glance of its history and environment. From my experiences in African countries I travelled to, like Nigeria, like other African countries.the same problem, be it Ghana, Angola, Gabonand recently, South Africa.
Nigeria remains second most blessed country in the world, after USA. Nigerian have talents and resources that can develop Africa to be at the same level with europe. I bet you, Nigeria does not need foreign aid to develop to any level it wants, having all the mineral resources.
Now, let me tell you that those countries you mentioned are not naturally, Nigeria mates in any way. Compare Nigeria with USA, India, China and maybe Russia. Those are our mates. That is the league Nigeria should be.
When you talk about ptoblems, every country passes through certain phases in history and it is how they overcome that counts. Now, in Nigerias case, have we as a people agree that we are facing challenges? What we see on the papers is agrgrieved people complaining about Government here and there. When such people have the opportunity to be in Government, they change the course. It becomes business as usual.
So, I believe that Nigerian problem is with the culture and until we come to think and reason above board, we may not get it right, irrespective of the resources available and the administration present.This is not political section, so let us not go into proper or indepth analysis.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by suyamasta(m): 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
Chaiii d people wey make dis countries fine so
no b d same head we get??
shame on all the corrupt Nigerian leaders #Shameondem
kaiiii
@Op nice one!
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by WhyNa: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
favoured234:
OP Snap picture na.. Even if na onyinbo make we dey see smiley

This return trip no sweet like when we dey travel...

BTW I am still where they gave us meal tickets in Abu Dhabi so when you get Wifi, use foto carry me reach Germany... m impatiently waiting undecided

Lmao. Correct one
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 7:36am On Feb 23, 2015
Good morning fellas, it's a good day here innBelgium.

This is my first time in Brussels Belgium, starting from the Airport, I can say there are lots of black people. Their airport is not as beautiful as those I saw earlier but it's bigger, I am sure to have work about 15minutes in the airpor alone having underground of (-1) It's was quite confusing to hear different language and at a point I couldn't understand which to translate smiley. They speak German, French and Dustch. Some are better speaker of English compare to Germans from the little experience I had.

I took train from the. Airport to the central where my hotel is located, at night, it's raining and the street is scanty, the Central, you can see old architectural buildings. I think they are used to foreigners so there will be minima racial discrimination as I can see few bar mixed up with different faces. Anyways just saying. cool

From train station to the central is like 15 minutes (Two stops). I will share few photos with us, hope you like it.
Happy New Day

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2015
More photos

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2015
More from train to city central

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 7:45am On Feb 23, 2015
City central

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by tariy: 8:12am On Feb 23, 2015
aytevans:
City central
Pleasant trip you had and stay blessed......
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 23, 2015
Belgium is a nice place,enjoy cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by aytevans(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2015
The airport is big, 20mins of walking

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2015
aytevans:
The airport is big, 20mins of walking

20 Mins walk at the airport and no airport shuttle? cry
The Belgium sef no even fine reach as I think, but at least we don still see as e be....
Oya wake up fast lets go to another place.....
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by masties2(f): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
Really nice op

Am enjoying the trip as well. Thanks for the beautiful pics
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
Chesman10:
yes I quite agree with you. Do not think that you can explain everything you mean or believed in a page of nairaland. First, for my life, I have been a good ambassador of my country in all the places I have travelled to, and I would be a fool to disparage my native country. I have met Nigerians here who advised me mot to disclose my nationality. But I have resisted to deny my nationality or even lie about my age in order to get a better deal in all the places I worked.
Then coming to what I mean by blackmans problem, it is still the act of not having that retrospective glance of its history and environment. From my experiences in African countries I travelled to, like Nigeria, like other African countries.the same problem, be it Ghana, Angola, Gabonand recently, South Africa.
Nigeria remains second most blessed country in the world, after USA. Nigerian have talents and resources that can develop Africa to be at the same level with europe. I bet you, Nigeria does not need foreign aid to develop to any level it wants, having all the mineral resources.
Now, let me tell you that those countries you mentioned are not naturally, Nigeria mates in any way. Compare Nigeria with USA, India, China and maybe Russia. Those are our mates. That is the league Nigeria should be.
When you talk about ptoblems, every country passes through certain phases in history and it is how they overcome that counts. Now, in Nigerias case, have we as a people agree that we are facing challenges? What we see on the papers is agrgrieved people complaining about Government here and there. When such people have the opportunity to be in Government, they change the course. It becomes business as usual.
So, I believe that Nigerian problem is with the culture and until we come to think and reason above board, we may not get it right, irrespective of the resources available and the administration present.This is not political section, so let us not go into proper or indepth analysis.
Fact, you have spoke well.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand by Gooci(m): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
God, i must leave this com3 embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
tho av been to cotonou grin

9c one op, now i kno Nigeria better cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

₦6.5m Ticket: Inside Crystal Skye, World's Most Luxurious Commercial Jet / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) / 5 Yrs After Relocating To The U.K, Nigerian Doctor Shows Off His ‘blessing(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.