Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,067 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". (4118 Views)

10 Acre Farmland Available For Rent Near Lagos. / Urgent Need Of 10 Acre Of Land In Akure North / Akure South For Farming / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Coming soon...
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
Subscribing

1 Like

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
NickName: Lubyanks Farms
Code name:Dodo's Habitat
Size:13.5acres.
Amount: 3 Million
Lubyanka's Vision: To make Dodo a ton of money via agriculture
Lubyanka's mission:Doing agriculture the right way as a vocation and a lifestyle

side remarks-"Hopefully with Technology and the best crop practices possible".
Occupants: Four aboriginal farmers...Will be looking to tap their expertise and energy as a fee for their tenancy
Landmarks: Bordered by a seasonal stream to the north,west and south in addition to hills to the east..
Land topography: Predominantly flat with a gradual sloping gradient towards a seasonal stream and lush flood plains .
Soil texture: Mostly sandy loam with heavy presence of river alluvials or river soil especially close to the curving and branching seasonal stream..flood plains soil.
Fauna: Birds and Fulani cattle....thank God,No Snake!!
Flora: Bush....

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
More pixes....

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Seasonal stream in the middle of dry season...

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is going to be interesting.
takes a seat. stylishly eating my aki awusa (tigernut).

1 Like

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mulling stage...
The Dilemma of what to cultivate has always been every farmer's nightmare espcially those with extensive landmass like ours...you think always about the long term vis-a-vis short term goal as regards the vision and the mission of this vocational enterprise.....screw it....We plan to see this to the end therefore we must put down something that should feed people readily,become raw materials for industries or export and allow us to fully exploit the size, true fertility and drainage of Lubyanka to the max.Also we need look at the possbility of restoring back her fertility.......Beniseed....Tomato...Watermelon....Cowpea....On point.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by FarmTech(m): 11:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nice one buddy. I suggest you consider rearing some saleable animals that will provide you with plenty manure.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 11:46am On Mar 12, 2015
FarmTech:
Nice one buddy. I suggest you consider rearing some saleable animals that will provide you with plenty manure.
The magnitude of manure to regenerate 10 acres will be humongous...Let's see how things go.Thanx all the same.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 10:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Filing the YEAP form for Federal grants and assistance in this venture...Hope The Honourable Minister for Agric looks favourably at my Expression of Interest application....

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by stagger: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2015
ichidodo:
Filing the YEAP form for Federal grants and assistance in this venture...Hope The Honourable Minister for Agric looks favourably at my Expression of Interest application....

All those who wish to apply to YEAP should check the thread out. I put up a summary there:
https://www.nairaland.com/2177369/youth-employment-agriculture-programme-yeap/1#31566758

By the way Ichidodo, I want to know if you are within the age bracket for the YEAP program. Which area are you putting in for, because plantain does not seem to be in the priority value chain areas advertised for.

I am above the 18-35 age bracket but I will still apply; you never know.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
stagger:

All those who wish to apply to YEAP should check the thread out. I put up a summary there:
https://www.nairaland.com/2177369/youth-employment-agriculture-programme-yeap/1#31566758

By the way Ichidodo, I want to know if you are within the age bracket for the YEAP program. Which area are you putting in for, because plantain does not seem to be in the priority value chain areas advertised for.

I am above the 18-35 age bracket but I will still apply; you never know.
You never know bro because agriculture hasn't been a go to proffession in our generation therefore finding interested recipients how much less serious,experienced,educated practicing farmers like yourself will be hard...so your entrance is very much welcomed...
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 5:49am On Jul 17, 2015
How do you cut expense supertending an approximately 2" hectares portion of lubyanks (ichidodo's habitat) dedicated to groundnuts cultivation in its 4th week life cycle and the delicate matter of suppressing bushy weeds on the portion with grown and flowering g/nut plants? ....... Simple... D. I. Y.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
So far soo good....Couldnt make it this morning to lubyanks due to burn out.. This here is hoping for a good rest and a weekend of binge eating
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2015
Our rice paddy division here in Lubyanks... Approximately one hectare of it can be dedicated to rice cultivation but We have always started small and dreamt big therefore this year's rice paddy will begin on an acre sized plot, hopefully, We can score good returns on this pilot project and aim to maximise all lubyanks flood plains[the whole hectare of that feature] for brown rice cultivation...
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2015
Check out germinating rice in our paddy....

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Check out tufts of rice plants sitting pretty amongst vast swathes of paddy in these pilot rice acre project....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2015
You wouldnt mind if We intergrate rice cultivation with plantain and banana suckers [150 of them] in our paddy ....Would you? Let us observe this symbiotic relationship btw different plant species and how it can be replicated along one hectare of flood plains here in Lubyanks farm...

1 Share

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Can not wait for monday..... Batteries almost recharged.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ogb5(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is death sentence to the plantain.

Plantain do not do well in waterlogged soil shocked

I beg you in the name of plantain, relocate the plantain to somewhere dry.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
ogb5:
[s] This is death sentence to the plantain.

I beg you in the name of plantain, relocate the plantain to somewhere dry. [/s]
Rubbish...This isnt internet farming , if you dont mind.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by AreaFada2: 12:48am On Aug 03, 2015
ogb5:
This is death sentence to the plantain.

I beg you in the name of plantain, relocate the plantain to somewhere dry.
Some plantain can do reasonably ok on wetland but may not be at their best. They can also become prone to fall/partially uprooted by heavy wind.

From observation years back, intercropping rice with okra is cool. Plantain can have large leaves/shade, which rice may not like. But if the plantain are sparse, rice would be grown & harvested before becoming shady.

Grandma had acres of rice and plantain back in the day.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ogb5(m): 9:28am On Aug 03, 2015
ichidodo:
Rubbish...This isnt internet farming , if you dont mind.

Please yourself, experience is the best teacher. I have been into plantain for years and currently have lots of acres dedicated to plantain.
We can do a photo competition to know who is the internet farmer.

You can grow plantain and get 10 ton per hectare, someone else with better knowledge will get 40 to 60 ton per hectare.

AreaFada2:

Some plantain can do reasonably ok on wetland but may not be at their best. They can also become prone to fall/partially uprooted by heavy wind.
From observation years back, intercropping rice with okra is cool. Plantain can have large leaves/shade, which rice may not like. But if the plantain are sparse, rice would be grown & harvested before becoming shady.
Grandma had acres of rice and plantain back in the day.

Plantain does not like waterlogged land. It will not die but it becomes stressed and prone to diseases. From my observation in the riverine areas of bayelsa and delta states, plantain grown in the swamp does not do well, while those grown on the dredged soil above the water level does very well.

In commercial plantain farming in India in waterlogged soil, they dig trenches to drain the water during the monsoon season and use the trenches to irrigate the farm in times of low rainfall.

1 Like

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
ogb5:
[s]

Please yourself, experience is the best teacher. I have been into plantain for years and currently have lots of acres dedicated to plantain.
We can do a photo competition to know who is the internet farmer.

You can grow plantain and get 10 ton per hectare, someone else with better knowledge will get 40 to 60 ton per hectare.

Plantain does not like waterlogged land. It will not die but it becomes stressed and prone to diseases. From my observation in the riverine areas of bayelsa and delta states, plantain grown in the swamp does not do well, while those grown on the dredged soil above the water level does very well.

In commercial plantain farming in India in waterlogged soil, they dig trenches to drain the water during the monsoon season and use the trenches to irrigate the farm in times of low rainfall.[/s]
Rubbish, my plantains are doing swimmingly well enough and the flood plain isnt a swamp but fadama with two earthen dams, two ponds as artificial reservoirs to control the water level as well as allow for freeway to all water flow always instead of soaking the entire area thus our plantain sit on drier yet conducive deep black soil...... Now, sod off.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ogb5(m): 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
ichidodo:
Rubbish, my plantains are doing swimmingly well enough and the flood plain isnt a swamp but fadama with two earthen dams, two ponds as artificial reservoirs to control the water level as well as allow for freeway to all water flow always instead of soaking the entire area thus our plantain sit on drier yet conducive deep black soil...... Now, sod off.

You are a big fool. Why do you now say your plantain sit on drier soil. Initially you were claiming that plantain does well on waterlogged soil. Big fool who knows nothing and thinks he knows something. If you don't want people to comment on your thread, then don't create a thread. Instead of coming online to insult those far better than you. Goat.

2 Likes

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
ogb5:
[s]

You are a big fool. Why do you now say your plantain sit on drier soil. Initially you were claiming that plantain does well on waterlogged soil. Big fool who knows nothing and thinks he knows something. If you don't want people to comment on your thread, then don't create a thread. Instead of coming online to insult those far better than you. Goat[/s] .
Why dont some troglodytes mind their own business or better still, go f**k themselves, instead of strutting about like pompous stupidt arrseholes...?
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ogb5(m): 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
ichidodo:
Why dont some troglodytes mind their own business or better still, go f**k themselves, instead of strutting about like pompous stupidt arrseholes...?

You are doing 10 acres which is just 4 hectares and you think you have arrived, pity you.
How much do you think 4 hectare of farm will fetch you that is making you to be very pompous. You know what, screw yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 6:42am On Aug 04, 2015
ogb5:

[s]
You are doing 10 acres which is just 4 hectares and you think you have arrived, pity you.
How much do you think 4 hectare of farm will fetch you that is making you to be very pompous. You know what, screw yourself.[/s]

Even though, we purposely and grossly reduced the size on this board for privacy reasons, We are very confident the landmass stated there-in will comfortably contain your village and its community landmass like four times.. Now suck up your negative malevolence up in this thread right quick and go eat raw sh*t.... Stupidt, dumb, internet farmer wannabe.
Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2015
@ichidodo
You will not want to know hundreds of acres of plantain ogb5 is currently cultivating.
There are some on this platform that are practical farmers doing bigger things but don't make noise.
He is vast and has the practical expertise in farming.
I am sure he has encyclopaedia of farm pictures to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ichidodo: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
[s] @ichidodo
You will not want to know hundreds of acres of plantain ogb5 is currently cultivating.
There are some on this platform that are practical farmers doing bigger things but don't make noise.
He is vast and has the practical expertise in farming.
I am sure he has encyclopaedia of farm pictures to show for it[/s] .
If he likes let him cultivate one billion hectares of plantain without a shred of evidence,what we are clear about is that we dont need second guessing stemmed from negative swamp rats up in here, after all somebody's grandma intercropped rice and banana beautifully well(such aged old experience can not be discounted nor disregarded), plantains cultivated here by locals do very well in the same lowlying rain flood valley such as can be found in Lubyanks farm, heck even our plantain suckers were obtained from such rugged species and they are doing well enough sprouting new leaves and all....... Our internet farmer wannabe can shove his bullsh*t up his arse, thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ogb5(m): 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Internet farmer? Ok

Enjoy. Pic 1 land preparation

1 Like

Re: Agric Diary Season Two; The Making Of Lubyanks Farms;"dodo's 10 Acre Habitat". by ogb5(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
More

(1) (2) (Reply)

Investment Oppurtunity In Agriculture / Just A Month To Access This Loan Anywhere In Naija / Technisem Cucumber Seeds For 3k In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.