Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa (31857 Views)

Erhiatake Ibori Booed At Ibru's Burial For Fumbling Over Common Words / Asari Dokubo At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa / Vice President Sambo Booed At Emir Of Zazzau 40th Anniversary Ceremony In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by helinues: 5:33am On Feb 10, 2015
There had been much anticipation in the days leading to the Presidential campaign rally of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Yenogoa, Bayelsa State given the alleged chasm between Governor Serikae Dickson and the wife of the president, Dame Patience Jonathan.
The First Lady had been alleged to be behind those scheming to be working to stop Governor Dickson from aspiring towards a second term in office.

For her alleged inclination, some stakeholders in the state had warned the first lady not to come along with the president for the rally. Her supporters on the other hand were alleged to have also conceived a plot to humiliate the governor by booing him at the campaign ground.
As if envisaging trouble, the organisers had banned the use of sachet water which they feared could be used by any of the warring sides to pelt their antagonists on the podium.

Even more, a day to the rally of last Friday that the police came out in full force in a show of force to intimidate the troublemakers.
As early as 8.00 a.m. thousands of residents of Yenagoa had trooped out of their homes early as 8am to line up the major roads to give the august visitors a rousing welcome. To bolster the crowd, the state government had closed all schools in the capital city for that day.

The massive crowd at the stadium, including large number of pro-Jonathan groups led by the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) and Women groups, defied the sweltering sun singing dancing as the event was turned into a huge carnival..
The situation was not different outside the campaign ground as the army of supporters who could not access the sport facility waited patiently for over six hours for the arrival of the president, his wife, Dame Patience Jonathan herself a great mobilise, and their entourage.
Some women and men who could not stand the scorching sun collapsed. Many were dehydrated as they were barred from entering the campaign ground with sachet or bottled water following alleged security reports of plan to use such objects as missiles.
It was as if God saw the plight of the crowd, the heaven opened up and poured its showers of rain to cool the heat just as the President was about to give his speech at the event.

The fear of many security officials and non-partisan political observers was quickly brought to fore when Governor Dickson rose to welcome the president and his delegation. Just as he commenced[i] a section of the crowd as had been feared booed him[/i] but this was countered by the singing and drumming of his supporters.

But the governor, a former policeman was hardly perturbed as he proceeded as if unbothered by the revolt of his political antagonists who had reportedly combined with those who have faulted his slow execution of stomach infrastructure.
The president, however, later came to his aid to rebut the insinuations in some quarters that the First Family was agreed on the campaign to hound the governor out of office.
Clad in Ijaw traditional attire and amidst thunderous applause from supporters, the president expressed happiness to be back and appreciated the support he has received from the people of the state during his political journey which has seen him move from deputy governor to president.

He was quick to address the issue of the alleged contention between his wife and Dickson as according to him, the relationship between him and the governor remained good and that anyone that quarrelled with the latter should consider it a fight against him.
President Jonathan, who described his coming to the state as a thank you visit and not a campaign, urged Bayelsans not to be deceived by the antics of his (Dickson) detractors but to work with the governor to develop the state.
“Let me use this opportunity to make it clear that for me to work hard and help my people I am working closely with the governor of the state and you must make sure that you support us.
“Those who don’t like the governor don’t like me. I am hearing stories of people who are coming to spoil your minds. If you don’t like the leadership we put in place, you don’t like me. Don’t allow people to spoil your minds you young people.
Jonathan’s comment was a soothing balm to Governor Dickson’s camp as it was seen as an open endorsement of the governor’s second term bid given the insinuations that he has lost the support of the President in the wake of the alleged frosty relationship with the First Family.
According to the President, “I have noticed that you are being instigated by those who don’t like us and I am telling you that you must work with the governor of this state for you to benefit from us. We are together, we are working together to bring the dividends of democracy to this state and don’t allow anybody to deceive you. I am telling you as a father, uncle and elder brother that we must work with the governor to develop the state”.
He thanked Bayelsans for their support assuring that his administration would ensure that everybody enjoy the fruits of democracy.

Dame Patience in her own speech did not give the governor such dignity. She neither recognised him nor paid protocols to him as in her speech, she focussed on the re-election of her husband.

Rather, she called on the women of the state to intensify prayer for the re-election of her husband based on performance and the fulfilment of the 35 per cent affirmative action for women in the country.

Dame Jonathan also called on the Nigerian women to support President Jonathan in order to be ahead in modern technology including the use of computer for study as against what she referred to as “Analog” way of life.
Other speakers at the rally included the Director-General of the Presidential Campaign Organisation, Dr. Ahmadu Ali, the Chairman of the South-South Governors and the Cross Rivers State Governor, Senator Imoke and the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Ahmadu Adamu Mu’azu.
It was indeed a rally to remember and a victory for the Dickson’s camp following his open endorsement by the President.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathans-home-trouble-dame-dickson/#sthash.9q0mRmXv.veUolBPS.dpuf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by madridguy(m): 5:54am On Feb 10, 2015
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by kayboy4y(m): 6:07am On Feb 10, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 6:17am On Feb 10, 2015
cam it make fp?
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Pheals(f): 6:21am On Feb 10, 2015
U wanna eat that front page abi> is DICKson in jonathan house< he is also plannin to liv dat y he dey fight iya jona" he need change tu wu knw want change
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Oklander: 6:22am On Feb 10, 2015
we haf hear… Next!

1 Like

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by greatdeal1408: 6:48am On Feb 10, 2015
who will cry for the little boy?
Lost and all alone.
Who will cry for the little boy?
Abandoned without his own?

He cried himself to sleep.
He never had for keeps.

He walked the burning sand
The boy inside the man.

Who knows well hurt and pain
He died again and again.

A good boy he tried to be
Who cries inside of me.

.......... Antwone Fisher

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Akosbaba(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2015
The chronicles of Mama Peace
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by sammyj: 8:22am On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Kundagarten: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2015
APC minions has been opening threads alledging it was Jonathan. Having watched the video I can confidently say Seriake Dickson is no longer popular in Bayelsa.

GEJ TILL 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by tola9ja: 9:12am On Feb 10, 2015
HE FACE ASO ROCK IN 2010

HE FACE OTUEKE IN 2015

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by tola9ja: 9:12am On Feb 10, 2015
I can't stop laughing since i read this
MR PRESIDENT WE LOVE YOU BUT OTUOKE NEED YOU MORE !!!

When you arrive buy generator because you did
not fix power.

Buy boat because they still dont have roads.

You can't do fishing business because they are still
under the oil spill carnage.

You can come to Lagos to buy food because the
farmlands in Rivers and Bayelsa are destroyed by
uncleaned oil spills over the years.

If you want to go to Onitsha you will suffer traffic
hold-up on the old Niger bridge because the new
one you promised did not get of the drawing
paper.

Going to the north? You cant try it because of the
Boko-Haram insecurity you could not quell.

That international business u want to do at
retirement, you will do so at bitter huge cost cos
you will spend over N200 to buy a dollar. You
could only make d Naira depreciate rather than
appreciate.

As you go home you will have distrust and
disrespect for the Nigerian system, because you
know how corrupt you left it.

Thank you for increasing tarriff on imported cars
to 70%, Nigeria now have hope of gold medal at
Olympics trekking marathon. We dont produce
automobile in real sense. New cars still cost an
arm and a leg. And banks don't give credit.

The Ibori that your government could not find to
prosecute for money laundering. British
government did that job for you, he is serving
13 years in British jail now.

Its your idea that governments do better in second
term. No problem but for us its only a government
that deliver in first term that we can give a
second term. You can ask Obasanjo.

When you get to Otuoke, you can call Obasanjo
and blame him for not supporting you, but
remember he gave you the GSM you will use to
make the call.

Thank you Mr. President but some of us have
decided to try somebody else rather than be on
stand-still for another four years.

98 Likes 8 Shares

CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN
CHANGE JONATHAN

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by wunderkiind(m): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2015
y
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2015
This fisherman must not be allowed to rule Nigeria.

He is a church prostitute hell bent on dividing this Nation Religious lines.

May the GODs save Nigeria.

20 Likes

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by tbaby534(f): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2015
I don tire for political threads
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Sierraloaded: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by AmakaDNB(f): 9:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Why shouldn't they be booed
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by mcdokwe(m): 9:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Bayelsa again?

As much as I do not care if Uncle Ebele wins or not, I must state that Mrs Ebele's involvement is not doing his candidature any good.

I foresee a lot of people voting against him just to see less of that woman.

E no concern me sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by freshness2020: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2015
Again ?
In as much am a PRO-PDP...the better advice I can raise for gEJ is to stop PEJ from active politics..
This is just so annoying on my own part!
She is causing a drastic division in the land.
GEJ abeg bring Ūя̲̅ wife to order!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Trending(m): 9:16am On Feb 10, 2015
what is boo?? is it like baby boo?
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by gistmelove(m): 9:16am On Feb 10, 2015
A is Roman design, warranty:50yrs
colour:Black
price: #2,700 naira per sqm direct to site

B is Shingle design, warranty:50yrs
colour:Black and grey
price: #2,900 naira per sqm direct to site

C is Roman design, warranty:50yrs
colour:Black and wine
price: #2,700 naira per sqm direct to site

D is Shingle design, warranty:50yrs
colour:Black and brown

E is Shingle design, warranty:50yrs
price: #2,600 naira per sqm direct to site

F is Shake design, warranty:50yrs
price: #2,600 naira per sqm direct to site

G is Shingle design, warranty:50yrs
colour:Black and wine

call/whatsapp Ayyub on : 08085310359

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by mustaphagreens(m): 9:16am On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by OgologoDimkpa: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
This fisherman must not be allowed to rule Nigeria.

He is a church prostitute hell bent on dividing this Nation Religious lines.

May the GODs save Nigeria.
GEJ will rule Nigeria till 2019.
THe earlier you accept this the better for you.

GEJ till 2019!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by ellechrystal(f): 9:17am On Feb 10, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by eleko1: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2015
wink grin cheesy grin cheesy cool cool cool grin cheesy wink cool grin cheesy grin. Even @ Jona backyard shocked? Wetin dat useless Tompolo/Asiere com do the pipu wey booed the inept/clueless one? Wonder how they'll welcome jona to OTUOKE on MAY 29/30,2015 sad grin ? Jona is now redundant @home,village/abroad grin sad.

1 Like

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by ayomidegambari(m): 9:17am On Feb 10, 2015
Abeg wetin concern me #March4buhari

5 Likes

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by alaoeri: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2015
They should keep fighting, this will allow APC to get reasonable votes in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by OgologoDimkpa: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2015
Come what may, it is GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by OgologoDimkpa: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2015
Space for Sale!
Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by Kingofdevils: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
i pagan9ja have decided to follow Jesus forever

Hallelujah the king of demons wish you good luck

Gej till 2019
Buhari is a terrorist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa by OgologoDimkpa: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2015
APShit failure embarassed
GEJ winner!!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In London Protest Over Imo Verdict, Demand Tanko's Resignation / Major Simi Johnson Ikea Dies After Suffering From Kidney Problem. PICS / I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.