Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? (31274 Views)

If You Played With This Then You Are Ajekpako!! Funny Pic / How Many Of You Played With This When You Were Kids ? / Raise Up Ur Hands If You Played With And Still Play With This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by easystudy101: 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
falconey:
is that Love Machine?

It's called okoso
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by lazsnaira(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
Those were toys of our beginnings, these days kids start with GameBoy, how lucky they are!
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by bidexmat(m): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Damn! Kodi of life! Buh plenty Biro cover miss sha. The funny thing was that my Dad would always complain of his missing batteries, both the ones with living/ dead cells na one chance! tho It never changed the fact that I got my fingers whooped. To even chop sef for night na slow motion as a result of swollen hands.*in papilo's voice* " we knw say u dey always bring us shame" grin

1 Like

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by ziego(m): 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
Choi childhood memories
Its awesome
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Euckybaby(f): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
lol.. Ancient of days
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by akin66(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
penisilin:
Mehn! That was between '92 and '96, I was a champ back then until one yeye girl pack come our block to challenge me... She won me hands down, but everytime Nepa switches off electricity in the evening, I dey take my revenge grin, most of u know that kind small pikin things na...chai
u b barrack boy...i suspect.

1 Like

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by initstime: 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yea, Koso @ Army Children School Ojira, Tkp.
Though my coach and koso skill trainer died during our childhood days. I ever remember him for koso.
Only one life...
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by bukolacole(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
Golden old days, this almost prevented me from playing Soccer at times, love my childhood, not the age of computer game, where you will be alone in your room, this game and other games help my childhood association, love it like anything.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
How it was played:

Hold it at the base of the biro cover between your thumb and index finger...

Snap it mid air and allow it to drop on your palms while it spins...

Wait for that perfect moment and slide your hand towards the ground...

The aim was to make sure it turned upside down with the biro cover pointed upwards. Failure to achieve that will warrant the opponent to knock the back of your hands with the pointed biro cover the number of times you failed.

Kai! I remember coming home with swollen hands almost every school day.

Those good old days smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by simdam500(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Lol... I used it to play too... how time flies...
Even with bottle cap and broom...

By the way wft!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2111899_1899581img20141124wa000jpeg24f7eb79f02e13097c0ced69ead3c6fd_jpeg_jpeg1eb8575115238806d2a956b23e5a1ef1
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by olu77(m): 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
abdillahee:
Yeah surely i've played with it before when we're kids, we called it ( kodi) in hausa language @ kaduna bye-pass kagoro, it's reminisce me of the past and some of our late brothers, nebour friends back in the early 90s.....

Abdilahee, where you school for Kd?
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Adaezeagu(f): 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
kOSO tins
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Eladua(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
klassiquette:
Oh yeah!!!! I did use that

No you didn't!
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by jerrymej(m): 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
Oh yes! I did played with it like seriously
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by ShedrachU(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
wiskolowiska:
where am from,we call it 'kodi'
*men op,back in d day
on point my man its called 'kodi' did you reside in Jtown?
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by olu77(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
bidexmat:
Damn! Kodi of life! Buh plenty Biro cover miss sha. The funny thing was that my Dad would always complain of his missing batteries, both the ones with living/ dead cells na one chance! tho It never changed the fact that I got my fingers whooped. To even chop sef for night na slow motion as a result of swollen hands.*in papilo's voice* " we knw say u dey always bring us shame" grin

Pen cover and tiger battery disappearance back then was at an alarming rate grin grin My dad was always complaining too. If you ask my brother to choose between two loves: Eba (food) and Okoto, he will choose the later without second thought

1 Like

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by ShedrachU(m): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
I played it,i was the street best. My opposition will tell you the story of their fingers.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by wildikeman(m): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
People that did this successfully appeared to be magicians to me. But the day I got to do it successfully I felt like the man who discovered fire!
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by engrvicky(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
It is called Okoso and made from BIC biro cover and Berec or Tiger battery lid cover.
Cool though
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by jnrbayano(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Imagine, I'm a right-hander but whenever I would wanna spin this "Koso" or "Okoso" and cover it expertly, I usually use my left hand.

Mystery till today.

cheesy
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by bbjummy: 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
We called it kodi in hausa, iko in yoruba. Sharobo! na back of ur Palm and fingers u dey follow play grin until it bleeds game can't be over tongue
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by prontoniero(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
We used to call it "Dodon Kodi" in Hausa.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by MistadeRegal(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
This thread title should have been, "If you ever in your life play with this, then you are much older than you think"

Thanks.

Yours Faithfully.
MDF.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Montaque(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Back in the days! We call it "KOROSA"
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
Good old days...lol now BIC biros no longer have pointed ends
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by maxjax(m): 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
[size=44pt]GAWD DAMN!!![/size] cheesy badt guy
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by sirwilly1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
Big4wig:
Sorry mods for dropping this here,move it to its specific destination

Once upon a time........
Those that are born in the 1980s and 1990s will remeber this!
Who have played with this and who remeberd this?
Heey. The sweetest way is the one we call "Bone bone"(playing with only one person). You load the pen cover with 6 of the battery plastic to make it HEAVY. When you hit the person one and swell his back hand, he'll believe.

1 Like

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Fellonigerians: 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
The one we used was made of 2 parts... Pen cover and battery cover...
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by ajealadick(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
The name is "okoso" its made from top cover of a DD size battery and broken half of a BIC pen. The whites call it "top"
We play it by using our thumb and mid finger to spin it. When it does we try to tumble it showing who won.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Arcid: 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
OOOO MEHHHNNN!!!!! is dat IKOSO

miss u dear..

u settled sum of my bills dat year!!!!
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by cahrym(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Mo Play shege si lara
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by ujezeez(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
In my place we call it 'AKOTO'....playing it was fun particularly if you are responsible for peeling your peer's hand to the point of bleeding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Cows Are Historic More Than Some Tribes In Nigeria" - Fulani Man Says. Photos / Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos] / What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.