Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,946 members, 7,803,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo (3038 Views)

Man Climbs Tree, Says He Will Not Come Down Until A New Government Is Sworn In / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by argon500: 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
A onetime President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has said a new federal government must emerge in Nigeria on May 29, this year which will be in line with the country’s constitution.
Obasanjo said this yesterday in Nairobi, Kenya while fielding questions from the BBC on the announcement made by INEC on Saturday as regards the postponement of the 2015 general polls. He observed that the constitution has outline how the new government will emerge.

He said, “That is all I can go by. I cannot go by any situation or any other thing”.

The ex- president played down on the possibility of Nigeria having an interim national government should the presidential election fail to hold.

Obasanjo said, “I don’t know that because the constitution does not have provision for that. There is no place in our constitution for an interim government. I will just have to wait and see”.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/10/new-government-will-emerge-come-may-29-obasanjo/
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by SeverusSnape(m): 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yeah!...He's right.
A new, Stronger and better government of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Ikengawo: 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
Washed up ans drier expired man. Yesterday's news.

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by kayboy4y(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Baba Aremu

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Adefaze(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
#march4buhari CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
This shameless man that put Nigeria inside the bottomless pit has come again..

Daughter-in-law banger oshi!

Its because of you that GEJ became president, so I will ascribe his failures to your name too...

4 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by jars9: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yeah!...He's right.
A new, Stronger and better government of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Kennywills7(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yes a new government will & its a government with less cabals
Nigeria must b free from dis old generals dat has made Nigeria their personal property

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by SPINA101(m): 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
Obj u ARE not God, Gej is destined to rule nigeria till 2019 That's his destiny

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by olas24u(f): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
francizy:

Its because of you that GEJ became president, so I will ascribe his failures to your name too...

He destroyed the country ,he handed over to Shagari after Awolowo promised to probe him.Then he sided and the best man never came to power ,and shagari was never prepared for Government.He also introduced the presidential system that increased corruption till date.And he was never in support of true federalism .The result today is also as a result of events of yesterday.

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by nickxtra(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
francizy:

Now you are in agreement with the fact that GEJ failed?

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by nke001: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Yeah!...He's right.

Yes, we also clamour for that, sadly, not the current major opposition party.

Obj should willingly present himself to kirikiri for arrest. He failed Nigerians woely.

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
olas24u:

He destroyed the country ,he handed over to Shagari after Awolowo promised to probe him.Then he sided and the best man never came to power ,and shagari was never prepared for Government.He also introduced the presidential system that increased corruption till date.And he was never in support of true federalism .The result today is also as a result of events of yesterday.

The truth is that our leaders are just bunch of hypocrites and do not care about showing examples...

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
nickxtra:
Now you are in agreement with the fact that GEJ failed?

What do you mean by NOW?

Are you OK?

Check all my posts and tell me if you see/saw anything about me campaigning for GEJ..

I've always stood on the ground that both him and GMB are incompetent and I wish we all can come together and vote a more credible person from any other party...
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by dguyindcorner(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
dguyindcorner:

GEJ

"how much did [] stole?" ?

"I will create more unemployment"

"stealing is not corruption"

These are errors unforgivable

GEJ is a dictator and so retrogressive.

Nigerians we are going back not backward.

let's go back to a much more valued naira
let's go back to a less corrupt nation
let's go back to being a giant of Africa
Let's once again make Nigeria great!!!

Vote out Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and his evil party.
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by olas24u(f): 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
francizy:

The truth is that our leaders are just bunch of hypocrites and do not care about showing examples...

The best men dont get to power Obj should have made decision of state alone.el-rufai was a good candidate at that time.

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Insha Allah! grin

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by madridguy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
The song everywhere now is " CHANGE "

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Micuilles: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
Can someone please tell OBJ that he is not relevant in Nigeria anymore?? No one cares about your opinions. Come down from your supposed high horse. You don't have control over us westerners. stop deceiving yourself. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by koikoi2(m): 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
The only incoming government I know is GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by freshness2020: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
SPINA101:
Obj u ARE not God, Gej is destined to rule nigeria till 2019 That's his destiny

Obj is already a goner!
He's just trying to be relevant through all these cheap means of political gains!
Dirty old man.

3 Likes

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by nzeadachie: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
Insha Allah! grin
BOMB ALERT
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by nzeadachie: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
Micuilles:
Can someone please tell OBJ that he is not relevant in Nigeria anymore?? No one cares about your opinions. Come down from your supposed high horse. You don't have control over us westerners. stop deceiving yourself. GEJ till 2019.
I WONDER OO, I THOUGHT THE MAN SAID THAT HE WILL NOT TALK TILL AFTER THE ELECTION?

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by EvilBrain1(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
Interim what!?!? Are these people insane? Is this the beginning of another PDP whisper campaign or what?

The elections will hold minimum of 30 days before May 29th, Nigerians will vote for who they like, and Jonathan and his clown posse will hand over at the appropriate time. There will be no compromise, and no negotiation.

These people clearly don't know who they're messing with. May they never have to find out.
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by dridowu: 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
Me, Myself and I are for #GMB.
I can't wait to congratulate him.
March 28 will come and go but
Buhari will be elected as Nigeria President.
#ihavedecided
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Myself2(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
I thought this Ota monkey had said he would shut his trap hole till after the elections! !!
Mr Obasanjo, God don catch una, all ur satanic plans are being exposed, Buhari WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Caseless: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ikengawo:
Washed up ans drier expired man. Yesterday's news.
see ur life?
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
olas24u:

The best men dont get to power Obj should have made decision of state alone.el-rufai was a good candidate at that time.

True tho..

It's sad what Nigeria has become. I only pray we don't end up experiencing another civil war.

I have no other home, I've never stepped out of Nigeria before and not leaving anytime soon, so I pray for peace.

GEJ didn't do well, but I also wish that APC didn't recycle an old dictator.

I still won't vote. My Vcard will just be there in case I need it for any reasonable thing. As for voting, no time.

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Swizdoe(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
Obj is very correct. Nobody's selfish ambition is above Nigeria.
The people's will shall prevail

1 Like

Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Myself2(m): 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Yeah!...He's right.

Sure by the grace of God
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by Brightology2(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
K
Re: A New Government Will Emerge Come May 29 – Obasanjo by nickxtra(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
francizy:

What do you mean by NOW?

Are you OK?

Check all my posts and tell me if you see/saw anything about me campaigning for GEJ..

I've always stood on the ground that both him and GMB are incompetent and I wish we all can come together and vote a more credible person from any other party...
I am very ok, more than you. The onus is now on you to campaign for whom you think is better than GEJ and GMB, rather than being aloof, seeing nothing good out of the two. Who is your choice, mr. Man?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Nkem Omololu-olunloyo, Now A Fully Fledged Biafran / Nigeria's Olympic Records From 1996 To Date. / Revealed : The Sars Commander Who Unleashed Violence During Rivers Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.