Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria (5863 Views)

Mobilebookshelf Write And Win Competition / Where Can I Download Story Books In PDF FORMAT?? / We Need To Read More Books In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria by hillus: 5:51am On Dec 15, 2012
http://nigeriainfomarketing..com/ to get ebook for 100 naira only
Re: We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria by tck2000(m): 9:55am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerians don't like reading.
Re: We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria by tck2000(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
alarinjo so Everything Good Will Come was written by Sefi Atta?...Some years ago,my younger brother picked the novel on the ground(it has been torn into two and he saw only half of it)and we read it.It's so interesting that we made it our favourite.Till today it is still with me and i treasure it.Enitan Taiwo And Sheri Bakare.
Re: We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria by tck2000(m): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
Orikinla:
Alarinjo,
Thank you for your rational analysis of the literary criisis of readership in Nigeria.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's novel Purple Hibiscus has sold over 14,000 copies in Nigeria so far. And if the distributors have wider network, the novel will sell more.

Nigerians will read if you encourage them.

Do you know that Nigerians even steal novels to read?

Most Western novels are chaeaper than Nigerian novels.
Because the pirated copies of the bestsellers are cheap and at the Yaba Bus Stop in Lagos, you can pay a token to borrow novels and return them when you have read them to collect another set for only N100. But Nigerian novellas or novelettes even sell as much as N300.

If we write and publish novels and sell them for as little as N200 a copy, more Nigerians can afford to buy them and read them.
You are right,i remember when i newly got into secondary school,i usually search other's school bag,not for money but for novels to steal.
Re: We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria by six33fourng: 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2023
Buy books online from your favourite bookstore in Nigeria. We have a veritable collection of books that span categories as diverse as you could possibly expect.

From segments like accountancy, to parenting and pregnancy, to banking and finance, to even topics on yoga and meditation – almost any category you seek you would books on it.

Apply to join the largest independent marketplace for book sellers today! In addition to helping us to support you and our fellow booksellers, you'll get:

Lowest fees and commissions of any commercial marketplace.
No monthly fee option — you don't pay if you don't sell.
Reach thousands times more people than a magazine ad, for a fraction of the cost

Visit - https://six33four.ng/bookstore/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Short Stories / DREAMS & DATES ( Love Seriez ) / APC, Tinubu, Shettima's legal team To Expel Members Who Speak To The Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.