Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan (6767 Views)

Who Wants Our President Dead? / Aljazeera Article Refers To GEJ As Badluck Jonathan (photo) / Picture(s) Evidence: Aljazeera Boldly Called GEJ 'badluck-jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by ellechrystal(f): 8:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
RedArrow:
In as much as I want a change in government.

In as much as I do not want GEJ to return.

I will never subscribe to foreign or local media disrespecting our president.

He's still our president till May 2015

I respect him for being our president and I respect the office he's occupying

Sai Buhari all the way.
This is simply because we nigerians because of our talkativeness n writing silly things n cursing our president ve given n sold him out to d public for more curses.
If we respected him they would ve.
Some group of pained ppl in d govt just talk anyhow say bad things about him n you think d foreigners ain't watching??
I just pray things get better
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by angelchi2(f): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Why so much hate for just one man?
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by olas24u(f): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
DickDastardly:
We are not blind to what Aljazera represents. Islam and anything that propagates it.
Muslim brotherhood comes to mind.

complete ignorance!

May those their Reporters being held in Egypt never make it out alive.
Islamic Jihadist and Terrorist News Channel cool

complete ignorance!
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by RotrEmmanuel: 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
[s]
oduastates:
You think they are insulting him?
Let me tell you something.
Even African countries ruled by dictators do not like him.
For a country this rich to be held hostage by a corrupt cabal of less than 50, a terror group which was left to grow from nothing, criminal militants posing as freedom fighters ; he deserves every ridicule he get.
A leader when challenged,should always rise up to the challenges to his constitutional authority by mobilising the country to meet those challenges.
Jonathan was elected with a mandate never seen before in this country. Instead of consolidating his support base through good governance,good politics and transparent leadership, he went the opposite way by turning the country into an animal farm.
He invited all sorts of evil people into the polity. For instance,Instead of winning the heart of the SW ACN with their army of technocrat who could have easily made his government work, he congregated an army of thugs and never do Wells like Fayose, Obanikoro,Bode George etc. Just Ben akabwueze alone would have given him a budget which actually made sense( unlike Iweala) Same thing for rivers and Edo.
Just imagine if Jonathan had taken responsibility and assisted lagos state with the metro instead of another useless monument in Abuja called Abuja city tower.
Just imagine if he has invested some of the money stolen under his government on lagos- ibadan high speed rail.
Just imagine if he had added 10000MW to electricity generation.
With the kind of money earned in the last 6 years, he could easily have done this with billions left to steal.
He would have been slam dunking himself back to power. The SW would have simply told the north to take a chill pill.
[/s] U are a very useless fellow. See what hatred have caused u

Can your father measure himself with GEJ??

4 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by angelchi2(f): 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
clevvermind:
i just want to tell Nigerians that this should be condemned. i'm out. thanks.
I totally agree but you signed out and started a new topic about my post, I don't get it
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by gists: 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
A quick check on my past post will easily show that I am core anti-gej.
Nonetheless, I am not in support of the insult of the office of the president from external media.
However, looking at the exchange rate today 1USD = 199.95NGN (it will probably be 230NGN to 1 USD at the parallel market ), I am tempted to look away.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by angelchi2(f): 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nigerians loved this man once upon a time I keep wondering when everything changed
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
angelchi2:

I totally agree but you signed out and started a new topic about my post, I don't get it
me? start a new topic? i don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by angelchi2(f): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
clevvermind:
me? start a new topic? i don't know what you are talking about.
Ooooh! My bad not you Cleverly

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by lwise(m): 10:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
Even if Jonathan is the worst President ever,I don't expect Aljazeera to stoop so low to be directly or indirectly insulting a President of a nation.At least the office of the presidency should be respected.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
angelchi2:

Ooooh! My bad not you Cleverly
alright.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Caseless: 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Adminisher:
Bad luck Ebola AzzKissWay Jonathan.
azzkissway? grin grin grin grin grin. *falls from gej's hat*
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Caseless: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
ellechrystal:

This is simply because we nigerians because of our talkativeness n writing silly things n cursing our president ve given n sold him out to d public for more curses.
If we respected him they would ve.
Some group of pained ppl in d govt just talk anyhow say bad things about him n you think d foreigners ain't watching??
I just pray things get better
what are you saying? *yawns*

You don't buy respect, you earn it.

BTW, fvck gej!

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by bishopjoe02(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
this is not an insult to president Jonathan alone but to the entire citizens of Nigeria, we can all goto the aljezera website and use their contact us page to register our displeasure on this article. pls sentiment and political affiliation apart, an international news media like Aljezera should not insult a president of country. it is totally unacceptable and uncalled for. ...

http://www.aljazeera.com/contactus/

facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/aljazeera?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Faljazeera

Long live Nigerians
Long live President GoodLuck Jonathan
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by sparkleRed(f): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
simpleseyi:

You are celebrating 125 plus 25 schools for the whole of 19 northern states. Lagos state has more than 800 public secondary schools and more than 1000 public primary schools.
see u talking, those northern states don't ve governors abi? What re they using their state allocation 4, u pple blame everything on Jona, forgetting dat, d governors also has 2 put an effort in re establishing their state, take Akpabio 4 example.. we nid 2 work hand in hand if we want good things 2 happen 2 us, nt just making mouth all over any thread dat condemns d president..d dis respect on d 1st citizen of dis country is a disrespect 2 all of us in dis country if u don't know, let's be objective, sentiments will get us nowhere

Thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Akon419(m): 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
Aljazeera is another version of saharareport in Arab country. Always reporting negative stuffs about Israel and supporting extremist . No wonder Egypt ban and expel them from their country

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by dBard: 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
Do we expect them to respect the OFFICE of the presidency wen we, d citizens do not

I s.m.h@it all.

meanwhile.....

LindaIkeji at 3:53 PM
Highlights of Investigative Forensic Auditdone by PwC
For those who care for this, foundit onthe Facebook page ofMinister of Financeand Coordinating Minister ofthe Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Highlights ofInvestigative Forensic Audit done byPricewaterhouse Cooper into the allegations ofunremitted Funds into the Federation Accounts bythe NNPCfor the period January2012 to July 2013.
Highlights ofPwC Findings. Based on the work conducted byPwC, their conclusions are asfollows; Total gross revenues generated from FGNcrude oil liftings was $69.34 billion andNOT $67 billion as earlier stated by the Senate Reconciliation Committee for the period from January 2012 to July 2013.
Within the $69.34 billion, $28.22 billion was the value of domestic crude oil allocated to NNPC. Total amount spent assubsidy for PMS amounted to $5.32 billion
Total amount spent assubsidy for DPK (Not appropriated) amounted to $3.38 billion
Total other third party financing arrangement, and equity crude oil processing costs amounted to $1.19 billion
Total cost directly attributable to domestic crude oil amounted to $1.46 billion
Other costs incurred bythe Corporation not directly attributable to domestic crude oil is $2.81 billion
Revenue attributable to NPDCassubmitted by the former NPDCManaging Director to the Senate hearing (less PPT andRoyalty paid) is $5.11 billion. PwC stated that this amount needs to be incorporated into the financial statements of NPDCfrom where dividend should be declared to the Federation accounts.
Signature bonus, PPT andRoyalty yet to be paid byNPDCis $2.22 billion
Total cash remitted into the Federation accounts in relation to crude oil liftings was $50.81 billion and NOT $47 billion asearlier stated bythe Senate Reconciliation Committee for the period from January2012 to July 2013
Based on the informationavailable to PwC, and from the analysis above, the firm submitted that NNPC andNPDCshould refund to the Federation Accounts a minimum of $1.48billion.
PwC recommendations:
The PwC report centered on the following three (3) key areas;
NNPC Costs
Ownership ofNPDCrevenues
DPK subsidy
Below are the highlights asextracted from the report.
NNPC Costs
“The Corporation operates an unsustainable model. Forty six percent (46%) of proceeds of domestic crude oil revenues for the review period was spent on operations and subsidies. The Corporation is unable to sustain monthly remittances to the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC), andalso meet its operational costs entirely from the proceeds of domestic crude oil revenues, andhavehadto incur third party liabilities to bridge the funding gap”.
NNPC provided transaction documents representing additional costs of $2.81 billion related to the review period, citing the NNPCAct LFN No 33 of1977 that allows for such deductions. Clarity is required onwhether such deductions should be madebyNNPC asa first line charge, before remitting the net proceeds of domestic crude to the federation accounts.
PwC therefore recommended that the NNPC model ofoperation must be urgently reviewed and restructured, asthe current model which hasbeen in operation since the creation ofthe Corporation cannot be sustained.
Ownership ofNPDCrevenues
PwC stated that:
- According to NPDCformer ManagingDirector's (Mr Victor Briggs) submission to the Senate Committee hearing on the subject matter, for the period covered bytheir mandate, NPDC generated $5.11billion (net of royalties and petroleum profits tax paid).
- They relied on the legal opinion provided to the Senate Committee bythe Attorney General (AG) onthe subject ofthe transfers ofNNPC’s (55%) portion of Oilleases (OMLs) involved in the Shell (SPDC) Divestments which impacted crude oil revenues in the period. The AG's opinion indicated that these transfers were within the authority of the Minister of Petroleum Resources to make.
- NNPC’s (55%) portion ofOil leases (OMLs) involved in the Shell Divestments related to the eight (cool OML’s were transferred to NPDC for an aggregate amount ofUS$1.85billion. Sofar,only the amount of US$100m hadbeen remitted. PwC also added that they hadexpected a transfer basis higher thanthe US$1.85billion aforementioned
- NPDC had donea self assessment ofPPT and Royalty andhad unpaidself assessed PPT and Royalty to the tune of$0.47 billion related to the review period. PwC added that they did not obtain any information that suggested that NPDC hasbeen assessed for PPT and Royaltyfor the review period.
- PwC also stated that NPDC should remit dividend to NNPCand ultimately to the Federation accounts, based on NPDC’s dividend policy and declaration ofdividend for the review period.
Kerosine Subsidy
PwC determined from informationobtained from PPPRA that $3.38 billion relating to DPK subsidy cost was incurred bythe NNPC forthe review period. They obtained a letter, dated 19 October 2009 written bythe Principal Secretary to the President, to the National Security Adviser, confirming a Presidential directive of15 June 2009 instructing that subsidy onDPK be stopped. PwC also obtained a letter dated 16 December 2010 from the Executive Secretary PPPRA to the CBNGovernor clarifying that PPPRA hadceased granting subsidy on Kerosine since the Presidential directive of 15June 2009. Furthermore, Kerosine subsidy was not appropriated for in the 2012 and 2013 FGN budget.
However, the Presidential Directive was not gazetted and there hasbeen no other legal instrument cancelling the subsidy on DPK.
PwC therefore recommended that an official directive be written to support the legality ofthe kerosene subsidy costs. This should also be followed byadequatebudgeting and appropriation for the costs.
UkuraT. Samuel, JP, OFR, FCA
Auditor General for the Federation
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by shaqhead: 11:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
If this is true then it is absolutely uncalled for and reprehensible by that media House.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by whitecat2: 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
Is he not badluck? so what's wrong in calling a spade a spade?

Jonathan is the dumbest president in the world.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
angelchi2:

He deserves respect
he lost that respect already!! Why is he intimidating nigerians? When election was about to be postponed,he deployed soldiers to Every nook and cranny of nigeria! I thought they said we don't have enough soldiers?where r these battalion coming from? He turned election into a do or die affair by intimidating tinubu with soldiers! He stationed some military men close to tinubu's house,why is he doing that? Is tinubu not older and more experienced than him when it comes to politcs and age? Why is he not respecting his elders? He said a former president is behaving like a garage tout? A whole obj for that matter..so why should we respect him?

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by damsie(f): 12:03am On Feb 11, 2015
Dear friend and subscriber,

Do you want to start earning unlimited income without any stress from the comfort of your bedroom?
Then be prepared to sack that your bossy boss at work. Here is how: I am often moved by the rate of unemployment in our nation, after going through the different rigours of life to study and make a headway in life,  unemployment sets in. That is one of the major reasons why I came up with these offers because I want the youths  out there that are unemployed to enjoy from what has turn me into an overnight millionaire.

If you are going for this offer, be prepared you will become the toast of the world and you will be subject to envy because you will be made for life.
This offer is one is one of its kind in Nigeria and the offer is very limited, because no internet guru will give you all am offering at that very ridiculous price, take this advantage before it expires.

Here are some of the benefits you stand to enjoy when you order for this comprehensive package

1) how to fund your liberty reserve account with credit cards

2)the $200 a day cash machine system

3) mobile profits system, how to earn a guaranteed #5,000 to #10,000 daily your mobile phone.

4) how to raise money online from a donor agency.

5) free oversea study programme up to PHD level free.

6) how to get free computer from an NGO based in united kingdom (uk) without paying a dime or kobo

7) sources of cheap but brand new laptops for #10,000 _#15,000 or where to start importing laptops for $100 _ $300 abroad.

cool how to enjoy free airfare, free accomodation, grants  etc as agent to a south africa engineering company.

9) where to get paid to #100,000 monthly as agents to online shopping mart in nigeria.

10) access to 50 top -on- demand  products with re-sale rights

11) website for purchase of used 'tokunbo' cars as low as $500

12) free software source you can sell

13) website for free cars in usa, uk and canada

14) membership link of profitable clubs.

Click here to order and to veiw some other benefits u stand to enjoy when you purchase this ebook.

NOTE: I only need 20 slots after which the price goes up and later the door closed. Grab yours fast!!!

http://www.infobiznaija.com/oyinda/
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Plshavmercyamen: 12:06am On Feb 11, 2015
If it is not right for a foreign media outfit to insult our president, is it right for our president to insult the sensibilities of Nigerians even in foreign lands and molest our democracy with the military? Is it right for our president to use local media NTA and AIT to attack and insult a former head of state? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by agabusta: 12:11am On Feb 11, 2015
DickDastardly:
We are not blind to what Aljazera represents. Islam and anything that propagates it.
Muslim brotherhood comes to mind.

May those their Reporters being held in Egypt never make it out alive.
Islamic Jihadist and Terrorist News Channel cool

You seem to be a pathetic terrorist yourself. For your information, one of them has been released already.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by thewarrior72: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2015
oduastates:
You think they are insulting him?
Let me tell you something.
Even African countries ruled by dictators do not like him.
For a country this rich to be held hostage by a corrupt cabal of less than 50, a terror group which was left to grow from nothing, criminal militants posing as freedom fighters ; he deserves every ridicule he get.
A leader when challenged,should always rise up to the challenges to his constitutional authority by mobilising the country to meet those challenges.
Jonathan was elected with a mandate never seen before in this country. Instead of consolidating his support base through good governance,good politics and transparent leadership, he went the opposite way by turning the country into an animal farm.
He invited all sorts of evil people into the polity. For instance,Instead of winning the heart of the SW ACN with their army of technocrat who could have easily made his government work, he congregated an army of thugs and never do Wells like Fayose, Obanikoro,Bode George etc. Just Ben akabwueze alone would have given him a budget which actually made sense( unlike Iweala) Same thing for rivers and Edo.
Just imagine if Jonathan had taken responsibility and assisted lagos state with the metro instead of another useless monument in Abuja called Abuja city tower.
Just imagine if he has invested some of the money stolen under his government on lagos- ibadan high speed rail.
Just imagine if he had added 10000MW to electricity generation.
With the kind of money earned in the last 6 years, he could easily have done this with billions left to steal.
He would have been slam dunking himself back to power. The SW would have simply told the north to take a chill pill.
Foolish slave
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 11, 2015
No, the title is just a link to an 'opinion' someone wrote and decided to publish on AJE. It has nothing to do with them.

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by jorlons(m): 6:48am On Feb 11, 2015
Well I dont give afuck about him.
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by angelchi2(f): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
laykorn:
No, the title is just a link to an 'opinion' someone wrote and decided to publish on AJE. It has nothing to do with them.

Ayamlaykorn
No it was written by one of their reporters
Re: Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan by Horus(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians / Before You Wail That Buhari Appoints OnlyHausa Muslim As Police IG See This Pict / Abba Kyari: Photo Of Wanted ASP John Umoru ,aka "Too Much Money",emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.