Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" (19362 Views)

18 Photos Graduates And Undergraduates Can Relate To / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / Neco Gce Nov/dec 2014 Released Check And Share Your Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

Problem started when I came to my school for my B.sc clearance like others, and I found out that my department recorded 3.48 as my FCGPA.

Immediately, I became dead in shock, because I had calculated my GP myself even before coming for my clearance and I got 3.55.

Immediately, I suspended my clearance and typed my whole result starting from first year to final year with my Laptop, calculated it, printed it into two copies and submitted one to HOD (with letter of GP re-calculation) and another one to another Prof. Who happens to come from my village.

It was really a great battle. I was insulted, and was even told to leave office repeatedly.
But through the grace of God and the help of that Prof from my village, my result was reviewed, and it was discovered that the person that computed my GP made a grave mistake and recorded 129points for me in my final year instead of 139points which brought me to 2nd class lower.

Glory be to God that the error was detected and corrected and my deserved GP (3.55) was given to me.
Had it been that I didn't keep record of all my results, there wouldn't have been any strong evidence to back-up my case.
And the department is not ready to show you any result, I still wonder why .

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.

81 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by elantraceey(f): 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Genea(f): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tnx 4 d info,and receipt kipin also,cos a frnd fee wasnt found on record 4 d last session and was asked 2 repay ....she did sandwich in lag

5 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Genea:
Tnx 4 d info,and receipt kipin also,cos a frnd fee wasnt found on record 4 d last session and was asked 2 repay ....she did sandwich in lag

You are welcome dear.
Keeping of receipt is something everybody must be aware by now because they will still demand for all these receipts during your clearance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
thats good thanks fot shearing this.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ewizard(m): 10:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
ain't tryna b political..
but diz more lyk a lesson to buhari

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by obiak4(m): 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
Had mine too could not even eat was restless 3.99 instead of 3.53 it took the oga at d top before i could get to 4:00
years ago what have i done with the result self?nothing dump it somewhere for the gods

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by MrPresident1: 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
why did you finish with a meagre 3.55?

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by killercute16(m): 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tanks for the info op.....some1 just said this should serve as a lesson to buhari.....lol

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
I only go to the board to check if 'F' dey my result....cos last last na 2.2 I go graduate with.

22 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
thanks to the Op and buhari once again! God bless you guys.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by paulolee(m): 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
anoda buhari in d makeinq......
tanks shaa for shareinq
I reality nid CHANGE
I no qo leave my CHANGE for mama bisii hand aqain

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by whizkidy: 12:42am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:
I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

Problem started when I came to my school for my B.sc clearance like others, and I found out that my department recorded 3.48 as my FCGPA.

Immediately, I became dead in shock, because I had calculated my GP myself even before coming for my clearance and I got 3.55.

Immediately, I suspended my clearance and typed my whole result starting from first year to final year with my Laptop, calculated it, printed it into two copies and submitted one to HOD (with letter of GP re-calculation) and another one to another Prof. Who happens to come from my village.

It was really a great battle. I was insulted, and was even told to leave office repeatedly.
But through the grace of God and the help of that Prof from my village, my result was reviewed, and it was discovered that the person that computed my GP made a grave mistake and recorded 129points for me in my final year instead of 139points which brought me to 2nd class lower.

Glory be to God that the error was detected and corrected and my deserved GP (3.55) was given to me.
Had it been that I didn't keep record of all my results, there wouldn't have been any strong evidence to back-up my case.

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.
Had a similar experience. It was a battle of over one and a half year. Went for service and even came back before it was rectified.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by flolancracker: 12:59am On Feb 11, 2015
Linqsz:
I only go to the board to check if 'F' dey my result....cos last last na 2.2 I go graduate with.
Wow. I'm so proud of you, Son.

12 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Dammysmart: 1:21am On Feb 11, 2015
MrPresident1:
fool!

42 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Op thanks for being sincere.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 11, 2015
flolancracker:

tanx mam

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 5:31am On Feb 11, 2015
MrPresident1:

My dear, 2nd class upper GP is not a meagre GP, be it in abroad, Federal, private and state university, I dont need to be told that.

Even 2nd class lower is not a meagre GP.

So dont sound envious, you should praise God with me because i found out that you always visit religion instead of talking shits.

6 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:

while those of us who do not have a professor from our village get stuck with whatever result is given to us.

6 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by daxon001(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2015
This balderdash doesn't happen in d premier uni wer I study

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 11, 2015
flolancracker:

Believe me, he wont let u down.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by 100Cents: 8:55am On Feb 11, 2015
If you score A's in all your results. You won't need all this stress.

Even the secretaries, your HOD, the class monitor, the lecturers will defend that is not your result.

NEXT !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Optional2(f): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Ok ooooo
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by iiichidodo: 9:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Tertiary education and certificate qualifications are overrated.....look at Buhari for instance.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Viktor1983(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Y'all know this...
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Sigo86(m): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2015
MrPresident1:

Mumu, does dat make d OP a dullard like u

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by strangest(m): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2015
Buhari should take note
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by 3pleo: 9:03am On Feb 11, 2015
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by adezjamz(m): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2015
in some sch like OAU, this should not be a problem as CGPA calculation is computer based.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 11, 2015
MrPresident1:

2.1 for 9ja universities no easy bros!

Some departments na few Second Class Upper dem dey get as best result sef

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Jamb Candidates Did Not Know About Jamb Exam, I Pity Some That Cheated - / List And Pictures Of Africa Military Academies / Studying Mass Communication Without Literature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.