Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl (12395 Views)

Hausa Men Attack Villagers In Akwa Ibom Over Stolen Generator (Pics) / Serial Rapists Of Nine Women Arrested In Lagos (photo) / Four Policemen Torture Woman Over Stolen Ipad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by msmon(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
Four women are now cooling their heels at Ogidi Police station in Anambra State over a stolen two months-old baby girl.

The baby said to have been stolen from her mother at Nnewi was said to have been sold for N625, 000 by an Enugu based woman (names withheld).

The four women now in police custody included three sellers.

During an interview with Daily Independent, the buyer said that she resolved to procure the baby girl because she needed a female child that would look after her when she would be old.

“I have a male child but I want a female child that will look after me when I become old. The boy will not nurse me more than the girl”, she said.

When asked if the husband was aware of her plan to buy the baby, she spoke in the affirmative, saying “he was aware and asked me to carry on”.

Confirming the arrest of the buyer and sellers, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), in charge of the Ogidi Police Station, Mr. Hassan Musa, said that the baby has also been recovered and that she is in police custody while effort is on to get the mother.

Musa said he was satisfied with the confessional statement of those arrested, adding that two of the women that sold the baby are based in Abatete and Onitsha.

He said “We had to move to Enugu to get the baby on arresting the buyer days after and now we are moving to Nnewi to know how the mother of the baby will feature”.

He reiterated the resolve of the Division to stop all illegal sale of babies in the area.

Musa disclosed that it was on a tip off that the police arrested the sellers while they were waiting for the buyer to come from Enugu, Enugu State.
Source:
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/four-women-arrested-stolen-baby-girl/

www.odogwublog.com/2015/02/stolen-two-month-old-baby-sold-for-n6m.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by kadas01(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
What a very wicked world we live in today!

But then, The Grail Message has taught me that, "nothing in life happens by mistake"!

All have sinned!

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Aitee1: 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
Na wa oh...why can't she adopt instead of buying a stolen one, op upload picture of the suspect joor

7 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by echobee(f): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
Aitee1:
Na wa oh...why can't she adopt instead of buying a stolen one, op upload picture of the suspect joor
seconded angry

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by msmon(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
Unfortunately, I can't find picture of the suspects.

Aitee1:
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by dre11(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
I don't trust the woman report

What happened to adoption....
If she is in need of a female child..... Why can't she adopt a female child and she now goes and spend such huge amount of money to buy one

Am sure she wanna use it for something else and not for keeps

6 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by countsparrow: 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Okay

But what if d seller of d baby can't take care of d baby

Just saying undecided
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by 0merta(m): 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
Igbos...

I'm not surprised!

6 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by emonye6(m): 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
I just officially registered for nairaland ,dat means trouble,for d above no comment still celebrating
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by babestella: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
Wow, those women should be in jail already.
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Gr8emmy(m): 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
What a wicked world we live in....
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2015
Na d baby head catch them,stupid pple
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by PAnaceA7(m): 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
This baby buyers needs stiffer punishment for dem to learn.
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by ChristyG(f): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
buying and selling of babies is not new in dat useless,godforsaken region..that is why its people are more interested in claiming lagos,abuja,etc. instead of cleaning up their sh1thole of a region.werey pple.

9 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
ChristyG:
buying and selling of babies is not new in dat useless,godforsaken region..that is why its people are more interested in claiming lagos,abuja,etc. instead of cleaning up their sh1thole of a region.werey pple.

5 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Truth24(m): 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
Too bad
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
In Liam Neeson's voice, "I'll find you and I'll kill you".
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Abbsamus(m): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
why can't she go and adopt? she is a big liar, She must be a ritualist!!!
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Euckybaby(f): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
wonders will never end
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by pwerrymansion(f): 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
My God! Wickedness and desperation of man. May Evil men and women not set eyes or remember us and our households this year IJNA!
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by jbnm: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
A fairly used clean hp pavilion dv6 (intel inside core i7, nvidia geforce gt 630-1gb, window 7 for sell) if interested contact me tru dis no 08172594601 the price is 60k plz
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Neplusultra(f): 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=OkijaAmaka post=30647410][/quote] grin

1 Like

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
ChristyG:
you this cursed South West scratchfaced witch from soka forest,why re u so pained?selling them is still better than using them for rituals

4 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by azzima(m): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2015
ANAMBRA!!!........Hmmmmmmm
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 12, 2015
During an interview with Daily Independent, the buyer said that she resolved to procure the baby girl because she needed a female child that would look after her when she would be old.

“I have a male child but I want a female child that will look after me when I become old. The boy will not nurse me more than the girl”, she said.

Are they sure she didn't procure the male child too
I hope they do a maternity test and find the mother of that child,I suspect she bought him
See as they are describing humans like say na commodity
They should make sure she spends that old age locked up

2 Likes

Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by Afrok(m): 1:28am On Feb 12, 2015
"She bought the baby coz she had male child and needed a female that'll take care of her when she's old" how does she expect a baby she bought to do that for her in future? I mean if the girl grows and starts smoking, drinking, causing nuisance of all sorts to the community, people will be raining curses on the innocent girl and her missing parents, that is if she doesn't end up mixing "otaipiapia" for dem (FALSE parents) to eat and die shocked.

Nonsense reasons, train ur children well (male and female) and when they grow up they'll take care of U irrespective of their sex. For instance, male children tends to be occupied with work and make money to cater for d family, what happens to the wife, her grandchildren and the man paying a maid to look after her? .

Stealing a 2months old baby from her parents can not be justified under any excuse or reasons cry, she and d rest should dance to the tune of the music of the law, ( am not saying shoki dance ooo cheesy).
Re: Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl by GboyegaD(m): 2:32am On Feb 12, 2015
Yet, we are so religious. I hope they find the mother of the girl.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed To Travel To Georgia Tbilisi.. Beware!!! (A Must Read) / Kano Hisbah To Destroy 18,000 Bottles Of Beer / Man Beats Brother-in-law To Death In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.