Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Ex-speaker Na’abba Jobless Since 2003, Turns MC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-speaker Na’abba Jobless Since 2003, Turns MC (511 Views)

'Do Not Be Deceived,This Airline Killed My Wife & Kid':Ex-speaker Blasts Rochas( / NASS Alone Cannot Pad Budgets – Na’abba / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-speaker Na’abba Jobless Since 2003, Turns MC by mrfree(m): 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
A former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Gali Na’Abba, on Tuesday said he had been jobless since he left the House in 2003.

Recall that the lawmaker, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, represented the Kano Municipal Federal Constituency from 1999 to 2003 during the reign of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo.

He gave the shocking revelation during a national stakeholders’ summit on gender-based violence affecting young people in Nigeria, organised by the Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin’s led Women Arise for Change Initiative.

Making a joke out of his situation, he said he was taking up a Master of Ceremony’s job because of its lucrative nature.

He said, “In the last 11 years since I left the House of Representatives, I have been trying to find what to do.

“I have looked and considered various things to do professionally. I still have not come out with something.

“But today, I have learnt how lucrative it is to be an MC. Without trying to take the market share away from people like Adesuwa, let me say that I have now found something to do.
FacebookTwitterEmailMore

“From today, I want to become an MC. May be, the next time the host is organising a programme, my name will feature as the MC.”
Re: Ex-speaker Na’abba Jobless Since 2003, Turns MC by yemikush: 5:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hymmmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prof Yemi Osinbanjo's Definition Of Corruption / Interesting If You Ask Me / Politics Wont Stop Me From Acting – Actor Kenneth Okonkwo [ANDY]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.