Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:53 PM

Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers (29402 Views)

Isiaka Adeleke Died Of Drug Overdose – Sahara Reporters / Dino Melaye Sues Sahara Reporters For N5Billion (Photos) / Premium Times, Punch, Others Withdraw News On Release Of Buhari Certificate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by lastpage: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
What a waste of money!

The case will be thrown out. Saharareporters reported on some information at their disposal. And coming from Nigeria with a reputation for corrupt politicians, Obanikoro is engaging in s wild goose chase.

Saharareporters have been sued so many times. And the litigants lost in all the cases. You will see numerous pro bono Human Rights lawyers pick up this case. Will Obanikoro appear if subpoenaed to?

Lol. Obanikoro is an I.diot!
\

You are wicked sha.... come over to American court?! shocked shocked shocked Are you APC by any chance? grin
Dont you know what he used to do for a living before becoming a "PDP Politician"?
Abeg o, its better to be a PDP Politician than to end up in a Federal US Prison o!
"American Justice" has zero tolerance for Nigerian "419 fraudsters"! undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by queensmith: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/176633-leaked-ekiti-tape-dare-obanikoro-go-court-falana.html

All is explained by FF here - that being said, I wonder if he was insinuating Jega is privy to pdps plans to rig the election. . . . .
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by onatisi(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
alaoeri:
Koro wanna wash his dirty linen outside.
so u believe koro will go to court without having some assurances that he will win ? Don't worry , saharareporters and co know the effect of koro move and I am sure they are not smilling about .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by lastpage: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
xandy84:
You have a point but looking at it from other angles, personal investigation done by the Newspaper is void in court of law and technology has made it possible to alter voice and pictures to high degree of accuracy. I see this case dragging for a long time..

Assuming EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS TRUE.....

It simply means "Koro" CANNOT prove beyond reasonable doubt, that the TAPE is NOT his Voice! => He cant prove defamation.

Remember it is his duty TO PROVE that it is NOT his Voice, not the other way round, as he is the "accuser"!

Incase you still dont get it:
*The court will assume ab initio, that the person being sued (accused) is INNOCENT...until proven Guilty.
*The accuser now has a duty to PROVE AND CONVINCE THE COURT that "it is not my voice", "l am being accused wrongly".

How is "Koro' gonna do that?

Just imagine if the court listens to him and while listening to the tape afterwards and they are like: What did you just say on the tape just now?
..and he answers: That was not me, it is Omisore that said "Everything as under our control"! grin grin grin

Case Closed! Pay Sahara and PrimeNEws some Millions of Dollars in Damages!
"Koro": Emmm...Jonathan, l need a lot of money to settle this people o, or else they wont let me travel back to Nigeria! sad shocked shocked

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by alaoeri: 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2015
onatisi:
so u believe koro will go to court without having some assurances that he will win ? Don't worry , saharareporters and co know the effect of koro move and I am sure they are not smilling about .
Believe me Koro will come back empty handed. cheesy
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by viccipedia: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
olas24u:

The constitution says primary school andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd working experience ,this alone is enough for the president of Nigeria.The man also attended training in 3 different continents in the world ,India,England, America.Highly trained Nigerian .He helped to also keep Nigerian during the baifran war.

So na Wetin concern B.R.T with Virgin Atlantic question u answer so... oh what a pity..... no wonder you want to be ruled by a primary school certificate holder... kudos.
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Boss13: 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
BornSad:
For this guy to have the guts to put up such an offensive defense, I think he's got something brewing.

Let's note that legal firm mentioned here is very reputable and wouldn't go into this if it were an open-and-close case against their client as most of us think.

Is there something we are not being told?

Time will tell.

He has nothing. A white wash case to shift attention.
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by akinsadeez(m): 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
xandy84:
You have a point but looking at it from other angles, personal investigation done by the Newspaper is void in court of law and technology has made it possible to alter voice and pictures to high degree of accuracy. I see this case dragging for a long time..

You are wrong in the bolded. Their investigation is very important to disprove malice and it is not void in a court of law. Once it is part of their pleadings what will make it void? The company they used is a reputable company in the US and the company is not an interested party so its testimony is very pertinent.
About the altering of voices using technology the onus is on Obanikoro to prove since he is the one alleging that the tape was digitally altered.

2 Likes

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by onatisi(m): 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
alaoeri:

Believe me Koro will come back empty handed. cheesy
no problem. The genuiness and authenticity of that tape will be determined at the law court. Then we shall know who will come back empty handed .
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by eleko1: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
Leave the useless GOAT,he'slooking for cassava flake to eat.
lastpage:

FRAUD ALERT!
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by olas24u(f): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
viccipedia:
So na Wetin concern B.R.T with Virgin Atlantic question u answer so... oh what a pity..... no wonder you want to be ruled by a primary school certificate holder... kudos.

You can never have perfection under a unitary federalism ,but with an honest dedicated person coupled with experience as an head of state and PTF and other military assignments. he his very capable.Am so sure with this man we will see light inside our homes and refine our oil and we can live happily instead of some few oligarchies.

2 Likes

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Pinkybush: 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
mystockyear:
let PDP continuing d embarrassment

for me #IHAVEDECIDED

2 vote buhari for president
Keep embarrassing yourself with this cambridge university english just like ur boko APC presidential candidate - IDIOT
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by dustydee: 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
Why didn't he include nairaland? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by mickeymimi: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hahaha chai! dis dude don hammer.why not N100 billion
abeg Bring It On. Attack is the best form of defense" He got Jona by his side, so no case.But the minister of police confirmed that audio na. Buhari is coming for you all.

No one can intimidate Sahara Reporters
Omoyele Sowore, Abacha , OBJ , Yar'adua cabals couldn't,
Jona has threatened to sue them severally but didn't cos he knows he will lose out.
Who is Obanikoro? nobody can bully them jhor

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by ridgeman: 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
not a very smart move. in less than 1 week the story would have been old news but now he's going to give it a life of its own

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by JuanDeDios: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
ozoigbondu:
They go to court and prove the authencity of the tape by the way the tape implicated both PDP and APC it simply showed that the best rigger won the election
The tape does not implicate APC.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
clevvermind:
my guy, stop this. that tape is fake. it is made in toronto. the matter is already in court, let's wait for the outcome. it will be sweet. grin
have you watched the interview of Sagir Koli? When you do, you will surely pity PDP.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by olusegunjimmys(m): 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
Obanikoro may GOD bless u
This have to be an example to all this politically hijacked media/Journalists. Defamating people's characters. Hungry editors

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
I pity Koro ooo, this case is far lost. Mr. Sagir Koli will surely appear in court to testify how his family members were harassed and threatened, how his younger brother was incarcerated for about 5yrs or more. I seriously pity Koro.
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by ooshinibos: 11:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
how can obanikoro afford this court cases
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by jomoh: 12:12am On Feb 12, 2015
egift:

Bros the tape is real. All they have to do is hold on, Koro will be dragged through the mud. Even those who are yet to see it will do now.

The most interesting would be the case lodged in New York.

But the Lagos own is as good as being won by the thug cos I don't think digital recording is now admissible as evidence in Nigerian courts even if it is, we don't have forensice experts that can analyse the recording without being compromised. Also the major player in this case Sgt. Sagir Koli won't be on ground as a witness cos he has being forced out of the country through treat.

I won't be surprised if the thug later withdraws the one in New York.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by gabicon: 12:30am On Feb 12, 2015
Smart guy he sued them to buy himself time and possibly kill the case. No other court will hear same case unless there is a conclusion of this 1.
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by customized19: 1:44am On Feb 12, 2015
[s]
onatisi:
[/s]

Ode. You have never make sense, see mumu talk.
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Larufa(m): 2:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Obanikoro going to court is grand-standing, a mere drama like he did after he "loss" the Lagos state PDP primary to JK.

Mind you he has being nominated again as a minister in the clueless outgoing govt., the case in court will be the "usual" excuse not to question him on the leaked Ekitigate tape by the senate. He is being clever by half and born-fraudster.

Naija dey make me laugh ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by bewla(m): 2:53am On Feb 12, 2015
y dose the colour tell all abut us
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by dapachez: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2015
I don quote you anyhow now, oya sue me sharply. Hope say we fit settle out of court sha? The era of boom for the judiciary is at hand. Lawyers are gonna make so much money some people will think its blood money
Trailblazer1:
To those of you who don't believe in prophecies, you better start believing.

It was prophesied that lawyers were going to make so much money this year as a result of so many litigations.

I'm just preparing to sue anybody that will quote me anyhow
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Rainmaker69(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2015
This may not be a very smart move because he is giving them the opportunity to prove that the recording is true in Nigeria and the US. Talk about digging his own grave.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Ileogbo(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2015
An order of perpetual injunction restraining the defendants from publishing or causing to be published either directly or indirectly, defamatory, damaging, offensive or degrading statements, articles and/or materials against the claimant,

Pls I don't agree wiyh this oh..
But WHY WAS IT DIFFICULT FOR OBANIKORO TO REQUEST FOR PROBE INTO THAT AUDIO CLIP?
Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2015
30pence:

I WONDER WHY SOME EMOTIONAL ANIMALS HERE WERE TRYING TO PRE-EMPT THIS GUY.

we'eve seen series of lies coming from APCs. Eg:
- bullying tinubu with the military,
- INEC's level of preparedness for the election, when more than 35% of the population were yet to be supplied their pvc.

Only an insane person will tell me that such audio cannot be doctored when with an ordinary mtn magic voice you can do an audio different from your voice.
lolz...

Why do the military have to study bokoharam clips to make sure the leader's speeches were real?

Mind you, we're talking about audio and not videos as in the case of boko. Moreover, APC have all the money in the world to produce such counterfeits, borrowing a leaf from buhari'certificate saga.

Obanikoro has gone to court coz he's aggrieved, leave making yourselves the judges and let the judges do their own thing.

It's baffles me to see the comments from the supposed proponents of change. Silence would have been interpreted as accepting the recordings. Abi he no get human rights again because e be pdp man again. No better sane way of addressing the issue than the courts. The good thing here is that its in America so no excuse like bribing the judge. I'm too wise to trust any politician from local government chairmen to the president including their media wing(Sahara reporters, the punch, the nation, NTA, Ait etc)
Let's wait for the court before hastily jumping into conclusions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers by Image123(m): 10:51am On Feb 12, 2015
clevvermind:
my guy, stop this. that tape is fake. it is made in toronto. the matter is already in court, let's wait for the outcome. it will be sweet. grin

Did you hear the tape?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dickson Unveils 2.6km Dual Carriage Kpansia Road And Kpansia Market In Yenagoa / Fayose: Bode George And Makinde Want To Kill Me Like Bola Ige / President Buhari Departs Abuja On A 2-Week Private Visit To Paris (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.