Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today (23732 Views)

Salient Points Deduced From President Buhari's Media Chat Today - Must Read / Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by jayseehe(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2015
The president is asked what he will do differently if he wins.

He said most of the problem he had in the past is related to perception and not concrete. He did not really say what he would do differently.

No future plans undecided

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Nairalane: 7:26am On Feb 12, 2015
thaoriginator:
Jerry
Jerry ko, Jones ni
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Going by the trend of cheating mostly found among the female folks especially Nigerian girls, one begins to wonder if there is still hope for we the unmarried men. Where are the women of virtue and dignity why has promiscuity become a norm and way of life among our ladies Are there still good women out there Are there still ladies who stick to just one guy irrespective of your financial situation?

I have been scammed and taken for granted by ladies who took advantage of the love and care i had for them. It saddens me to know that most Nigerian men have the same story to tell about our females. How and where can one really find the love of one's life in this our immorality filled society?

Your opinions are needed

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by ilovecritics(m): 7:27am On Feb 12, 2015
God bless Mr. President*
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Prodeegee(m): 7:28am On Feb 12, 2015
teemanbastos:
Juxt by the way.[question 4 the
day]
People stone thieves but they don't
stone corrupt people.
Mr president was stoned in Bauchi.
What does dat imply?!

Lmfao

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by dokunbam(m): 7:28am On Feb 12, 2015
sad
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Emperor100(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2015
Honestly, He said nothing concrete

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by OLADD: 7:29am On Feb 12, 2015
Forumspotz:

http://www.forumspotz.net/full-text-president-jonathan-8th-presidential-media-chat-today/

I am sure the die-hard supporters of APC were utterly disappointed by the ease and seamlessness with which the president dispatched questions on thorny issues bothering on our polity. His answers were concise, unambiguous and spot on. That's the difference between a certificate-less cattle rearer and a PHD holder. Jonathan and Buhari are just incomparable.

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Ozichim(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2015
Forumspotz:

http://www.forumspotz.net/full-text-president-jonathan-8th-presidential-media-chat-today/

Edited remarks to lie and create propaganda. This man just selected few comments. Sorry for all evil doers and liars.
it such a wonderful chart yesterday. the president cleared so many misinformation carried around by APC. God will deliver Nigeria from APC. a patty building their foundation on lies, propaganda, intimidation and anipulation. what will happen if they should get this power.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by ceejay80s(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2015
The election was postponed beause more weapon was bought to fight boko haram abi, so boko haram go stand for bush dey wait for una to come? So the sophisticated weapon wey una buy na to destroy boko haram and the chibok girls together? Because definitely where boko boys dey na there the chibok girls dey
Waiting for the abrakatabra

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by ceejay80s(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
searching4love:
Going by the trend of cheating mostly found among the female folks especially Nigerian girls, one begins to wonder if there is still hope for we the unmarried men. Where are the women of virtue and dignity why has promiscuity become a norm and way of life among our ladies Are there still good women out there Are there still ladies who stick to just one guy irrespective of your financial situation?

I have been scammed and taken for granted by ladies who took advantage of the love and care i had for them. It saddens me to know that most Nigerian men have the same story to tell about our females. How and where can one really find the love of one's life in this our immorality filled society?

Your opinions are needed
Ask jonathan

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by MolaA3(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
We pledge to Nigeria, Our country to remove
Jonathan and replace him with Gen. BUHARI
because he is faithful, loyal, and honest that
can Save Nigeria with all his strength and also
defend her unity and uphold, and honor, and
glory so help us God!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by princemillla(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2015
The interview was an intended one. It was indeed a set up.

He claim he is a doctorate holder, yet speak like primary school certificate holder. Even buhari speak better Whilst his tonations

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by kaybliss: 7:36am On Feb 12, 2015
teemanbastos:
Juxt by the way.[question 4 the
day]
People stone thieves but they don't
stone corrupt people.
Mr president was stoned in Bauchi.
What does dat imply?!

it does not follow
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by thaoriginator: 7:37am On Feb 12, 2015
Nairalane:
Jerry ko, Jones ni
Ok, Jones
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by secretcode01: 7:46am On Feb 12, 2015
Vicotex:
GEJ responded by saying he does not receive
invitations from Muslims like from the churches.

#GEJtill 2019

see this one... so GMB received invitations from xtians before visiting them?! Even if he did, it shows how great is he #cluelessmustgo

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by sanmibukunmi: 7:47am On Feb 12, 2015
pappilo:
Jonathsn is uncouth.

The question about Buhari wasnt an unfair one or asked to trip him up.

He could have shown himself to be gracuous and a statesman by replying with a diplomatic answer along the lines below:

"General Buhari is a fine gentleman who was once the president of this our great country. He displays his love for this country at our regular council of state meetings. We represnt different political parties but one thing we agree on is moving the country forward."
If he had answered like dis, ur fellow Buharists would have called him a hypocrite so its better he didn't talk at all...get it??

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by chamboy(m): 7:47am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Buhari is close to his grave, I pity him. Just as asiwaju of corruption used and dump ribadu, tinubu willl use and dump him. And for dose yorubaz who wants buhari to contest so dat wen he dies a yoruba man will rule again all planned by tinubu, just knya selling ya birth right cos a time will come wen ya will nid votes from south and east and ya will get non. Tinubu won't be here forever, he will soon die and dose shouting change will pay for it. Sai jona
Are u related to temitemi1 (d Tandriod)

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by timmy7(m): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2015
what a presidential prophecy!
'In his closing remark the president assured Nigerians that elections would be conducted and a NEW PRESIDENT sworn in on May 29...' shockedgrin

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by dammytosh: 7:49am On Feb 12, 2015
Skillbobralph:
I like where he said " By constitution, I have the power to sack who I appointed"

I thing Jonathan is just too democratic. People like Oshiomole, Tinubu, OBJ, even Buhari will not tolerate all what he is tolerating.

You people knew what happen to critics of OBJ right. Ask Edris Aldukarim, he just said Nigeria jaga jaga and he went on exile for years until the next government entered. And do not also forget those politicians who opposed him ended up in jail like Bode George just because of third tenure saga.

The problem is Nigerians forget things easily and that's why we keep celebrating thieves and corrupt people once they say what we want to hear and forget they did worst during their reign.

Nigeria be wise and vote wisely.. GEJ 2019

You and that your funny Mathematics

Must you budget before you steal it ? So if I have 100,000 and budget for 30,000, i can't b accused of mismanaging 80,000 ?

I can imagine the clueless team excitement about the mathematics. Very stup1d and brainless if u ask me.

You see all these GEJ's supporters enh.... grin grin grin grin Dumb , very dumb i say.

3 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by muktar10(m): 7:49am On Feb 12, 2015
He said he made that statement quoting the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Dahiru Mustafa, who explained to him that his analysis of corruption cases in Nigeria showed that most of such cases were theft. He argued that referring to stealing as corruption minimizes the crime. "Ole (thief in Yoruba) should be called Ole and given that treatment," the president said.

"Let us communicate properly. The word corruption, we have abused it."

"It is not actually my quotation. I quoted the former Chief Justice," as he continues to defend his previous comments on corruption and stealing.

We have convicted more corrupt people than ever. It is just that Nigerians are confused on what the difference is between stealing and corruption.
#Cleuless indeed

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by dammytosh: 7:51am On Feb 12, 2015

The president is asked what he will do differently if he wins.

He said most of the problem he had in the past is related to perception and not concrete. He did not really say what he would do differently .

He said it stylishly but you don't get it.

He meant for 5 years he was extremely busy doing NOTHING, if given another opportunity, He will make sure he does NOTHING differently.

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by armadeo(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2015
Okay oh.

Main points

No comment on asari and co.

I can sack jega.

I won't change how I rule.

Otherwise fair presentation.

Lastly that guy showing a picture of budget against soludo's claims have u heard of stolen crude, external reserve, loans, recovered loot etc. That budget is based on expected income what happens when you income exceed your expectation.

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Eromsboy: 7:55am On Feb 12, 2015
He explained that he was 'a bit aggressive' at his presidential flag-off in Lagos because he had been provoked by statements from the opposition before that date.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by oamronnie(f): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2015
I honestly don't see how you expect one man to solve all the accumulated problems from the past. There's nothing this man does that you don't condemn. When do we grow up and start accepting responsibility instead of continually blaming one man for all our misfortunes? U guys should give this man a break for God's sakes. Vote whoever you want but just stop giving us tales of woe, condemning one person and painting Buhari like the Jesus of our time. As far as I'm concerned, this man might even be like jumping from frying pan to fire.

3 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by TeamSimple(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2015
If this was actually what he said yesterday then GEJ rily tried this time around..Kudos to Mr President,for once he spoke like a leader..Coming from APC member..

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by lagbaja(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2015
Skillbobralph:
I like where he said " By constitution, I have the power to sack who I appointed"

I thing Jonathan is just too democratic. People like Oshiomole, Tinubu, OBJ, even Buhari will not tolerate all what he is tolerating.

You people knew what happen to critics of OBJ right. Ask Edris Aldukarim, he just said Nigeria jaga jaga and he went on exile for years until the next government entered. And do not also forget those politicians who opposed him ended up in jail like Bode George just because of third tenure saga.

The problem is Nigerians forget things easily and that's why we keep celebrating thieves and corrupt people once they say what we want to hear and forget they did worst during their reign.

Nigeria be wise and vote wisely.. GEJ 2019

The attached picture is the "mumuest" I have seen. Don't you know that government budgets only what is available. The bulk of the missing N30trillion is from stolen crude oil. Nigeria looses 400,000 barrels of oil daily !. Do the Maths

5 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by abraka00(f): 8:00am On Feb 12, 2015
olu77:
Thank you for this; I missed the interview.
You should not have missed that media chat,so that people will not misrepresent the president.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Abuklaw(m): 8:01am On Feb 12, 2015
Vicotex:
GEJ responded by saying he does not receive
invitations from Muslims like from the churches.

#GEJtill 2019
and you believe this right. How can the president of a country wait for invitation before visiting a set of people. Did you mean all the churches he has been visiting invited him?

Enough is enough, we Muslims are not happy with GEJ religion body language. We are afraid that all the structures in this country would be handed over to Christians if he got re-elected.

Imagine the feeling when a husband in a polygamy visits one wife everyday while waiting for others to invite him. It isn't ideal my brother. We are feeling insecure because of the machineries working for him.

Under GEJ, the number of Islamic scholars that disappeared mysteriously is unprecedented, hate message from the like of bosun Oladele Emmanuel in his 1 hour video and that of Bishop David Oyedepo where he said "kill boko haram and those who look like them"has been allowed to spread without any prosecution.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by thunder74(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2015
This is not the full text. Just say summary or quotations or bullet points...
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Uchelucky(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2015
O'boy this is not a job interview, this is politics.
For you think you know it better than the president?
How do you expect him to make such statement about a man who never sees anything good with his Govt?
A man whose by assessment only objective is to wrestle power from him by all means. Gej is too clever for an average Nig let alone an uneducated and biased APC supporter who only searches for new dictionary words to insult others.
If you know what it takes to be a President of more than 170million people,with up to 1million proffessors, Then you must respect the President.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position / Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request / Buhari Warns Amosun Over Anti-party Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.