Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,462 members, 7,801,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today (23725 Views)

Salient Points Deduced From President Buhari's Media Chat Today - Must Read / Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by chrisviral(m): 8:16am On Feb 12, 2015
teemanbastos:
Juxt by the way.[question 4 the
day]
People stone thieves but they don't
stone corrupt people.
Mr president was stoned in Bauchi.
What does dat imply?!

That bauchi people are stupid for stoning their president.
If it were in the Arabs, they would chilling behind bars, Thank God for GEJ humble nature.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by udemzyudex(m): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2015
I want to thank our president for clearing the air about the stealing is not corruption thing..
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Janetozi(f): 8:18am On Feb 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Of what benefit?A president that can't give us the definition of corruption but start manipulating things.
corruption is dishonest or illegal behavior of people in authority.

Examples of corruption:
forging of certificate
falsification of age
accepting of bribes
etc.

Hope u have learn

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Charliewyt: 8:18am On Feb 12, 2015
Men change their leaders willingly, hoping to better themselves, and this hope induces them to take up arms against him who rules: wherein they are deceived, because they afterwards finds by experience they have moved from bad to worse.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by chrisviral(m): 8:19am On Feb 12, 2015
ceejay80s:
The election was postponed beause more weapon was bought to fight boko haram abi, so boko haram go stand for bush dey wait for una to come? So the sophisticated weapon wey una buy na to destroy boko haram and the chibok girls together? Because definitely where boko boys dey na there the chibok girls dey
Waiting for the abrakatabra

Can't you just shut up and pray that our Army will be successful this time, una bad belle plenty oo, tufiakwa.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 12, 2015
chrisviral:

That bauchi people are stupid for stoning their president.
If it were in the Arabs, they would chilling behind bars, Thank God for GEJ humble nature.

Forget that bull crap. Obama has received far worse than these yet nothing happened to the people so quit saying Gej is Humble
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Of what benefit?A president that can't give us the definition of corruption but start manipulating things.
Define corruption...
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by bashydemy(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Skillbobralph:
I like where he said " By constitution, I have the power to sack who I appointed"

I thing Jonathan is just too democratic. People like Oshiomole, Tinubu, OBJ, even Buhari will not tolerate all what he is tolerating.

You people knew what happen to critics of OBJ right. Ask Edris Aldukarim, he just said Nigeria jaga jaga and he went on exile for years until the next government entered. And do not also forget those politicians who opposed him ended up in jail like Bode George just because of third tenure saga.

The problem is Nigerians forget things easily and that's why we keep celebrating thieves and corrupt people once they say what we want to hear and forget they did worst during their reign.

Nigeria be wise and vote wisely.. GEJ 2019
There is no better Government without criticism and that will put the President on track but GEJ case he seem not to be bothered, The work of every opposition is to criticize and condemn the ruling party and PDP are doing the same in all APC states. About the OBJ case that is withing PDP now are you saying GEJ should start arresting the opposition cos they are criticizing his Government?
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by chrisviral(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2015
ollah1:

Forget that bull crap. Obama has received far worse than these yet nothing happened to the people so quit saying Gej is Humble

So now suddenly we are looking up to Americans as the right example?
Any body who stones a sitting president is a fool, should be amputated or sent to jail, that's attempted murder niggi, get it??

Imagine if the Army guarding GEJ retaliated?
I'm sorry for you all, don't worry, let Buhari become president, you won't even get a voice not to talk of stoning!
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by festusfeezy(m): 8:35am On Feb 12, 2015
yesso, may 29 is sancrosanct, let d right person take over i dont care if he is a mulsem or christian, old or young, from d north or south. God bless nija

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by gudnex22(m): 8:40am On Feb 12, 2015
wakacome:
Joseph the dreamer you Better wake up and start packing your bags and start preparing on how you will follow GEJ back to bayelsa to go and be doing fish business after we use our vote to vote him out from office.....I can even help you with "ghana must go"bags if you need any

Better know that dreams come true!!!!!!
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by nickydof(m): 8:41am On Feb 12, 2015
koboko69:
Is this the same media chat I listened to undecided

By the way mr president, u nominated not appointed. You have the power to nominate not appoint. If whoever you nominated is not approved....oga u will go shopping again. So make we hear word!

Hahahaha So, Ogbeni, who appoints? Very funny! Most nigerians are exactly like this dude here. For your information, the president nominates and appoints.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Onosy: 8:45am On Feb 12, 2015
Skillbobralph:
I like where he said " By constitution, I have the power to sack who I appointed"

I thing Jonathan is just too democratic. People like Oshiomole, Tinubu, OBJ, even Buhari will not tolerate all what he is tolerating.

You people knew what happen to critics of OBJ right. Ask Edris Aldukarim, he just said Nigeria jaga jaga and he went on exile for years until the next government entered. And do not also forget those politicians who opposed him ended up in jail like Bode George just because of third tenure saga.

The problem is Nigerians forget things easily and that's why we keep celebrating thieves and corrupt people once they say what we want to hear and forget they did worst during their reign.

and u think de include all d oil proceeds in the budget abi......de steal more Dan de remit to Nigeria's acc. don't be deceived.

Soludo stated d amount dat d nation was suppose to generate from oil in these yrs, dat were stolen.....don't be deceived de tell u wat de want u to hear.

Nigeria youths be wise....see wat d middle east s doing with oil money, y s Nigeria dff.

Qatar GTL project cost abut 3billion dollars n its bigger dan Nigeria's GTL project dat cost 8 billion dollars......who s deceiving who?
n de said stealing s nt corruption..... if Nigeria politicians r nt corrupt but thief's, us theft or steal not a crime...

but we r fighting corruption dats y we turn away from those stealing since stealing s nt corruption... funny
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Nctrice(m): 8:49am On Feb 12, 2015
I don't know why Nigerians including a Prof teaming up with a dictator to contest with the president cannot know that stealing and corruption are two different things, even from the type of letters that make up thoses words a toddler can tell that they are two different words and one is not the other

Let me paint a picture:

On the streets if a man or woman steals, immediately he is mobbed, beaten to a pulp and sometimes burnt alive, the people don't wait for the government to come perform jungle justice, then we do it because he or she stole what does not belong to him or her and to the eyes of everyone there present he or she was guilty of the crime of "STEALING"

Now I ask you why is it that we don't do the same for people that are corrupt on our streets? Or is it that there are no corrupt people on our streets? (Yea I thought as much, I already know what your answer is) let me say it though, there are more corrupt Nigerians on our streets. But we don't do to them what we do to those who steal.

THATS BECAUSE STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION!!!

If you want the the President to start mobbing corrupt people and burning them like thieves then I think you can as well take Nigeria to the dark days of the 1980's when a certain Military dictator got rid of some part of the constitution just so he burn and jail any corrupt person but let me let you all know!

THIS IS DEMOCRACY AND NOBODY IS TAKING US BACK TO THE OLD DARK DAYS!

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Omotayor123(f): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2015
The interview is like

Question already submitted to GEJ two weeks earlier.

Added his own question

Answers fully prepared... Evasive in some

Still all na wash...
sai Buhari#

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by senatorbayor(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2015
Skillbobralph:

your analysis on budget was very wrong and i feel you dont really understand what is the function of budget,budgeting and budgetory controls
A budget is a proposal of a financial plan for a year and it is based on so many indices of the workings of the economy but in the actual, you are either expected to surpass your plan or otherwise and the former is always an assessment for a performance as against the latter which is a deficit.
A Govt may budget for 4trillion and make above 10 trillion.
Soludo was right to have said 30 trillion was missing as his premise was on 400,000 barrels of crude oil confirmed by the present govt to be missing on a daily basis,the missing NNPC fund and the subsidy scam where people are paid for fictitious import of crude oil that was never supplied running to trillions of Naira.
On the issue of Abdulkareem's criticism on OBJ govt,the guy went too far. you cannot be running down your country thru songs when children are still trying to memories the content of the National anthem and pledge, where is the abdulkareem in his musical career now,he should have tow the lines of Tuface,Dbanj and others notable artist who use their talents to build nations rather than bringing it down.
Am sure GEJ would scold Abdulkareem also if it were to be today that that song was sang.
Abdulkareem wanted to fly high in his musical career through the bringing of his nation down and he later choose to go on SELF EXILE as no one sent him
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Vicotex(m): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Abuklaw:
and you believe this right. How can the president of a country wait for invitation before visiting a set of people. Did you mean all the churches he has been visiting invited him?

Enough is enough, we Muslims are not happy with GEJ religion body language. We are afraid that all the structures in this country would be handed over to Christians if he got re-elected.

Imagine the feeling when a husband in a polygamy visits one wife everyday while waiting for others to invite him. It isn't ideal my brother. We are feeling insecure because of the machineries working for him.

Under GEJ, the number of Islamic scholars that disappeared mysteriously is unprecedented, hate message from the like of bosun Oladele Emmanuel in his 1 hour video and that of Bishop David Oyedepo where he said "kill boko haram and those who look like them"has been allowed to spread without any prosecution.

Hope you know that if truly muslims invited him, he would have gone right?

The churches Buhari has been attending these days is out of this question but do you think Buhari visited those churches without recieving invitation from them?
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Onosy: 9:02am On Feb 12, 2015
Nctrice:
I don't know why Nigerians including a Prof teaming up with a dictator to contest with the president cannot know that stealing and corruption are two different things, even from the type of letters that make up thoses words a toddler can tell that they are two different words and one is not the other

Let me paint a picture:

On the streets if a man or woman steals, immediately he is mobbed, beaten to a pulp and sometimes burnt alive, the people don't wait for the government to come perform jungle justice, then we do it because he or she stole what does not belong to him or her and to the eyes of everyone there present he or she was guilty of the crime of "STEALING"

Now I ask you why is it that we don't do the same for people that are corrupt on our streets? Or is it that there are no corrupt people on our streets? (Yea I thought as much, I already know what your answer is) let me say it though, there are more corrupt Nigerians on our streets. But we don't do to them what we do to those who steal.

THATS BECAUSE STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION!!!

If you want the the President to start mobbing corrupt people and burning them like thieves then I think you can as well take Nigeria to the dark days of the 1980's when a certain Military dictator got rid of some part of the constitution just so he burn and jail any corrupt person but let me let you all know!

THIS IS DEMOCRACY AND NOBODY IS TAKING US BACK TO THE OLD DARK DAYS!

all in all wat did u succeed to saying .....NOTHING.

IF STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION, DAT MEANS NIGERIA'S POLITICIANS R THIEVES because DE TAKE WAY IS NOT THEIRS (NATIONAL CAKE) ABI

QUESTION: IS THERE NO PLACE IN THE CONSTITUTION TO PERSECUTE THIEVES because STEALING IS A CRIME AND A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE, DEN THE POLITICIANS SHOULD FACE D LAW.
U SEE HE S JUST GIVING US CHEAP EXCUSES JUST TO ALLOW THE LOOTING CONTINUE..

THE NEXT THING HE WILL SAY IS LOOTING IS NOT STEALING/CORRUPTION.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2015
And dis media chat made many pipo to change their mind ...
Vote wisely..vote Gej

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 12, 2015
torhuke:
I didn't follow the presidential media chat. But if what is up here is what really transpired yesterday, then I don't see the flop in this.

My friends who support Buhari called me yesterday to mock the president that he flopped in the chat and I could not respond because I didnt watch it.

All these Sai BuHarists, there is nothing the president does that is not seen as a flop or targeted towards them.
What the OP produced here is an edited version of the speech. I wish the actual speech was this good. I watched it.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by globalworld(m): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2015
God is in control

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by georgecso(m): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2015
[size=15pt]" The Security services did not consult me"..... grin grin grin[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by successking: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2015
princemillla:
The interview was an intended one. It was indeed a set up.

He claim he is a doctorate holder, yet speak like primary school certificate holder. Even buhari speak better Whilst his tonations

It is as clear as day light that you nothing to say other than "hate".
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Euckybaby(f): 9:07am On Feb 12, 2015
Well said my president
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by jogsman01(m): 9:08am On Feb 12, 2015
adezjamz:
You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

#VoteOutClueless
#VoteInGMB
#GodBlessNigeria
#VoteOutClueless
#VoteInSuperClueless
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by senatorbayor(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2015
Bros,are u afraid of the govt sending corrupt people to jail since GEJ said stealing is not corruption and he fails to explain was is corruption.
He was only emphasizing on stealing,Ole,barawo but fails to tell us what is then corruption. no wonder he defended Nwobodo whom he claimed the money he stole could not buy "ordinary Peugeot car" but that same money could have built health care for the society and many people had been denied of that basic health care and you tell me he is not corrupt.
whoever steals is corrupt and should be send to jail. The man that stole big money will not be stoned cos he has security guards provided by the govt and he could hire SAN to defend him, those are big thieves while we have small small thieves and all are equally corrupt cos they have denied others their basic rights and benefits.
what do you called those that steals from the Govt coffers and those that illegally steals/deducts some amounts though little from people's accounts as bank staff. where will you termed those that are given contract and never execute them,those that inflate contracts,those that will not remit pension fund or deducted tax from your earned income to the govt and those that rob you of your daily benefits. All are thieves and are equally corrupt.
before you termed some one as corrupt, he must have stolen something no matter how small.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by stilish(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2015
In his closing remarks, president Jonathan assured Nigerians that elections would be conducted and a NEW president sworn in on May 29. He argued that it is better for INEC to conduct an election everyone would be happy with.

I am glad he agreed that a NEW President will be sworn in come May 29.

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Wizlove(m): 9:20am On Feb 12, 2015
Now that the military are busy ransacking the sambisa forest,we will soon know the mystery behind this chibok girl.I can't wait. Long live the president of the federal republic of Nigeria,your reign continues till 2019.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by lion042(m): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Mumu he answered it, maybe you don't understand English.
Sirniyeh:
He failed to answer the niger delta militants' threat. He snubbed it and regarded it as political propaganda. What a clueless specie
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by successking: 9:22am On Feb 12, 2015
senatorbayor:

your analysis on budget was very wrong and i feel you dont really understand what is the function of budget,budgeting and budgetory controls
A budget is a proposal of a financial plan for a year and it is based on so many indices of the workings of the economy but in the actual, you are either expected to surpass your plan or otherwise and the former is always an assessment for a performance as against the latter which is a deficit.
A Govt may budget for 4trillion and make above 10 trillion.
Soludo was right to have said 30 trillion was missing as his premise was on 400,000 barrels of crude oil confirmed by the present govt to be missing on a daily basis,the missing NNPC fund and the subsidy scam where people are paid for fictitious import of crude oil that was never supplied running to trillions of Naira.
On the issue of Abdulkareem's criticism on OBJ govt,the guy went too far. you cannot be running down your country thru songs when children are still trying to memories the content of the National anthem and pledge, where is the abdulkareem in his musical career now,he should have tow the lines of Tuface,Dbanj and others notable artist who use their talents to build nations rather than bringing it down.
Am sure GEJ would scold Abdulkareem also if it were to be today that that song was sang.
Abdulkareem wanted to fly high in his musical career through the bringing of his nation down and he later choose to go on SELF EXILE as no one sent him

Do you mean to say that Nigeria has been running on surplus budget all these years? Respond or stay from topics you lack knowledge.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by Proffdada: 9:23am On Feb 12, 2015
Skillbobralph:

hope u know the difference between budget and revenue

INEVITABLE CHANGE;We must VOTE rightlyin 2015.If SOMEONE is;J = JustO = OnN = NegativeA = AssignmentsT = ToH = HarmA = AllN = NigeriansTHEN we must also find someone who willB = BringU = UsH = HopeA = AndR = RemoveI = IncompetenceCHANGE in 2015...is inevitable.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today by afuola: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2015
'I thing Jonathan is just too democratic. People like Oshiomole, Tinubu, OBJ, even Buhari will not tolerate all what he is tolerating'. @ Skillbobralph u mean like the Insurgence and curruption? its certain they cant, and Buhari will not...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Mocks Bashir Ahmad For Celebrating "Buharism" As A Political Term / The State Of Ajeromi LGA Roads(pics) / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.