Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (51135 Views)

President Buhari With Jonathan After Council Of State Meeting (photos) / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan After Church Service In Bayelsa (pic) / Aso Rock Deserted After Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:04am On Feb 12, 2015
Calculia:
Those in power alone? Prof u don fall my hand...

Besides, what we have in Nigeria is beyond that gentle man definition.

As GEJ put it, in Nigeria we have thieves not corruption.

Your President need to be tutored.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by siraj1402(m): 7:04am On Feb 12, 2015
For those attacking me in my previous comment,having notice that GEJ totally avoid using the word corrupt for diversion of fertilizer, he made us to believe that borgued into someone's pocket or bags and a house is the same as diversion of our general resources. My question is will the formal and latter be treated in the same way?One will be handle by police and other by EFCC or ICPC meaning they are not in the same category of crime.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by samkolo(m): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by kariko1(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2015
He just defined corruption, for those of you who don't know the real definition of corruption. Like Jonathan himself didn't know d definition. Prof osibanjo try to correct Jonathan about corruption definition dt as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Anoda definiton by those in power alone. We are hearing diff versions. To all those thinkin APC would be diff they would be most disappointed.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Purity01(f): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2015
So ure going to vote based on answer politicians give? Then ure on d longest tin av eva seen. Osibanjo answers may seem very enlightened and wowing, but don't forget dats d way of politics. Tell d ppl wat they want to hear and do wat u want to do.
Adminisher:
This man GEJ is not straight, all answers were skewed, evasive and downright low brained. Yet some people are going to entrust their destinies to him for another four years. Smh

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2015
myhoodlink:
These were the words of President GEJ which many have misrepresented

Asked about his 'Stealing is not corruption' comment, president Jonathan said he never said stealing is not corruption -
"The word corruption we have abused it and it's not making so much sense. I did not say stealing is not corruption. I made that statement in reference to ex-CJN, Justice Musdapher. A thief should be called a thief. Ole should be called ole! If you say somebody is corrupt people don't know what you mean". He added "A thief is a thief. Don't use the word corruption to cover stealing. Call the person a thief"

Hatred is worse than any sin one can think of. Some hate the President just because of what others have said about him. God knows the hearts of all humans.

God bless President Goodluck Jonathan

ABegy what he said doesnt make sense, i heard the president life and direct in the media chat he made the comment. He said clearly corruption is being exaggerated in Nigeria,that some of the so called corruption challenges are not corruption but mere stealing. Not he is trying to eat his words.they are both bad period.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:11am On Feb 12, 2015
maestroferddi:
Is Prof Osinbajo slow in simple comprehension or what?

Jonathan was explicit in explaining himself.

He stated that he had a parley with a former CJN on the incidence of corruption/crime.

He posited that Justice Mustapha disclosed that over 70% of the cases under the judge's purview were actually outright theft being branded as corruption. He was making a case that what people normally give the appellation of corruption are nothing short of thievery.

Instead of branding a public official guilty of misappropriation as corrupt, he was suggesting that a more apt or grievous term should be applied. Let the guilty official be addressed as the thief that s/he is so as to serve as a deterrent to others.

So what is difficult for this APC man to understand?
Mr man, stealing is a form of corruption just like over invoicing. Osinbajo is a lawyer just like Mustapha Akanbi.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Collynzo9: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2015
debo07:
They both have Phd. But one is sensible while one is clueless,shoeless and corrupt.
Osinbajo doesn't have Phd
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Onyiridike(f): 7:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Since Buhari & Osibanjo are experts in issues regarding corruption, let us made the EFCC chairman and Vice chairman respectively and allow GEJ to continue with his transformation agenda.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Calculia:
Those in power alone? Prof u don fall my hand...

Besides, what we have in Nigeria is beyond that gentle man definition.

As GEJ put it, in Nigeria we have thieves not corruption.

Yes. Corruption is carried out by those in power alone.
The better word to use is "position of trust".

It doesnt have to be a big political office.
It could be the nepa official taking bribe to make an illegal connection; at that point, the nepa official is in a position of powet which he is abusing.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by arigold1304(m): 7:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Who invite this one?....who no go talk to mi presido ......Abegi, shoe have size.......osibanjo find your mate thats go and challenge Sambo first......GEJ TILL 2019

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by seedsower(m): 7:14am On Feb 12, 2015
Adminisher:
This man GEJ is not straight, all answers were skewed, evasive and downright low brained. Yet some people are going to entrust their destinies to him for another four years. Smh

That means he is not as clueless as we believed.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Sobeautiful: 7:15am On Feb 12, 2015
It's funny u've joined those attacking the president on everything. I'm glad he's never mentioned ur name or quoted u, not even once. Keep it up pastor but remember that d elections are almost here, then all these hatred and violent criticisms will end when the winner is announced. But for now u guys can keep up with ur propaganda. I'm glad u say u are a pastor which means u believe in the Scriptures that say God rules in the affairs of men and no man can cause whom the Lord has blessed if u like label the person a devil. Let's keep our fingers crossed sir.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by timowale: 7:16am On Feb 12, 2015
the same way some moorons plan to subject themselves to a certificateless,barbaric despot

Adminisher:
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by D9ty7(m): 7:16am On Feb 12, 2015
And his definition of corruption is also wrong. Those is power? He must be high on mosquito coil.
He just made me confused all over again.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by gunnersjohn(m): 7:17am On Feb 12, 2015
The same Osinbanjo that said "APC will slash tariffs on imported cars". It shows how unintelligent that man is. Even a student of 'Basic Economics For Beginners' won't make such a comment. The country will be worse under APC if elected. #IWILLVOTE4GEJ

6 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 12, 2015
cocoduck:
I go with the president on this one because there is this problem of lessening a bad behavior with fancy words or phrases that people have easily adopted for example a man or a woman commits adultery, instead of saying it that way we now say he or she is having an affair, thereby lessening the crime, so a theif is a person that stole and should be called a thief!

What you have forgotten is that Jonathan said that "ordinary stealing is what people call corruption" he never suggested that stealing was worse than corruption and that would have been stupid because we all know stealing is a form of corruption. This new twist is an after thought and he is sinking deeper in his lies. Using one lie to cover another one.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2015
Just as tunde bakare was dumped and till date he's regretting ever contesting wif buhari, I pray dis man won't suffer same fate.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by eedris07(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2015
The embarrassment we faced today in the presidential media chat will remain tenaciously indelible in the history of Nigeria. The ruler of the giant of Africa did not display giantism in both his speech and sagacity. Questions thrown at him by the panelists begged for better answers as the president could not boast of impressing himself let alone the entire national and international audience. He forced an escapist smile at questions like "How did you feel when your kinsmen threatened to wage war on Nigeria if you fail the election"? " Do you have confidence in Jega that he will conduct free and fair election"? "Chibok girls: How far"? "You once remarked that stealing is not corruption. Expatiate". I am sure that those who watched the chat saw the disappointing semblance on the faces of the journalists who gave him baptism of fire. Though some people may argue that the questions were moderated, but they still
exposed the vocal ineptitude and intellectual paucity of the president. You hardly get moved by his speech due to its insipidity. In short, those vital questions that required informed and cogent responses will never forgive him for leaving them unattended to.
The fact that Jega and the electoral commissioners were appointees of the president, does not mean they must dance to his tunes. The question was logical trying to put words on the mouth of the president regarding the allegation that the ruling party wants the election rigged in its favour. And the other question on the Niger Delta militant would have placed the government on better pedestal had he told us that Asari Dokubo and his associates who issued the threat are now behind bars. As for Buhari, he first said the question was not fair to him before he later attempted to make amends. An Obama or Cameron would eulogize the sterling virtues of their opponent and at the end tell you they can also fare better. God save Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by solayd(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2015
Agreed with President GEJ so what has he done to fight the menace of coruption, stealing and ole
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Janetozi(f): 7:20am On Feb 12, 2015
cramjones:
For those that support GEJ, I pray God blesses your kids with the kind of brain GEJ has! Can I hear an Amen to wishing for the lowest IQ brain for a President.

Can't wait. March4Buhari!

-CramJones
and may God bless u with Abok! Shine my shoe children like Buhari.

May ur children never be able to prove the Education qualifications like Buhari.

Say "amen"

One thing i will not wish ur children is that they have "internal sickness' like Buhari, i am not that wicked.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Pesuzok(m): 7:20am On Feb 12, 2015
I just wonder at some comments here. Is that we don't have corruption in Nigeria again. Let the president pls do something about the thieves and corrupt officials in his government since stealing and corruption are two different things
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by kakashi12(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2015
dguyindcorner:

He never made reference to one CJN when he said that stealing is not corruption. GEJ practises a galloping corruption.

EFCC IS DEAD!!!
ICPC IS BURIED!!!

GEJ AND HIS SUPPORTERS ARE CORRUPT ENTITIES.
you obviously did not watch the media chat
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Bitojoe(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Its a pity many nigerians has poor brain,thinking that corruption is for those in government.but imaging a nigerian who hire machinery to write exam, imaging a nigerian who has multiple boyfriend or girlfriend.you borrow money and you didn't pay back.you lied to your parent about your school fees.pls let all of you saying GEJ is corrupt keep quite.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Apc doing everything they can to turn the heart of sensible nigerians against GEJ but that is impossible... GEJ ALL D WAY

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by onatisi(m): 7:22am On Feb 12, 2015
spott:
Corruption is defined as "dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery". The definition is simple and we all know what it is, yet Mr. President has spent the last several minutes of his media chat explaining to Nigerians what it is, suggesting we are all somehow confused about this.

The GEJ presidency has failed Nigerians. The facts are undeniable. ‪#‎ChangeWillCome‬

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=666594216784281&id=633018823475154
even this definition of corruption by osinbanjo still proves the president right that stealing is not corruption.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by slymichael(m): 7:22am On Feb 12, 2015
All critics of Gej go to pit of hell. All of u dat abuse our president on diff political issues rememba dat Adams oshiomhole was given power unopposed bt go to Edo today n see d rots in d state. APC will deceive u ppl dat r shortsighted. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2015
kodded:

and may GOD plan your life the way buhari want to plan this nation
say amen or else................................... angry
AMEN!!!!! AMIIN O!!!
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by josh21: 7:23am On Feb 12, 2015
debo07:
They both have Phd. But one is sensible while one is clueless,shoeless and corrupt.
Mr intelligent define corruption
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Bitojoe(m): 7:23am On Feb 12, 2015
Pesuzok:
I just wonder at some comments here. Is that we don't have corruption in Nigeria again. Let the president pls do something about the thieves and corrupt officials in his government since stealing and corruption are two different things

many of you are only blaming GEJ, while most of you also have distinctions in corruption.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Mordyb: 7:24am On Feb 12, 2015
eedris07:
The embarrassment we faced today in the presidential media chat will remain tenaciously indelible in the history of Nigeria. The ruler of the giant of Africa did not display giantism in both his speech and sagacity. Questions thrown at him by the panelists begged for better answers as the president could not boast of impressing himself let alone the entire national and international audience. He forced an escapist smile at questions like "How did you feel when your kinsmen threatened to wage war on Nigeria if you fail the election"? " Do you have confidence in Jega that he will conduct free and fair election"? "Chibok girls: How far"? "You once remarked that stealing is not corruption. Expatiate". I am sure that those who watched the chat saw the disappointing semblance on the faces of the journalists who gave him baptism of fire. Though some people may argue that the questions were moderated, but they still
exposed the vocal ineptitude and intellectual paucity of the president. You hardly get moved by his speech due to its insipidity. In short, those vital questions that required informed and cogent responses will never forgive him for leaving them unattended to.
The fact that Jega and the electoral commissioners were appointees of the president, does not mean they must dance to his tunes. The question was logical trying to put words on the mouth of the president regarding the allegation that the ruling party wants the election rigged in its favour. And the other question on the Niger Delta militant would have placed the government on better pedestal had he told us that Asari Dokubo and his associates who issued the threat are now behind bars. As for Buhari, he first said the question was not fair to him before he later attempted to make amends. An Obama or Cameron would eulogize the sterling virtues of their opponent and at the end tell you they can also fare better. God save Nigeria.
Upon all bih

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega / Peter Obi Arrives Ile Ife, Pictured With Ooni Of Ife / What Foreigners Think About Nigeria's Fuel Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.