Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (51140 Views)

President Buhari With Jonathan After Council Of State Meeting (photos) / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan After Church Service In Bayelsa (pic) / Aso Rock Deserted After Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by tociano009(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2015
And this hypocrite is calling himself pastor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by senerio: 7:25am On Feb 12, 2015
I was thought that a gud leader shuld lead by example I dnt think gmb n osibanjo has dis quality coz dey talk carelessly there's no manners in their words n characters they disrespect higher authority n its bad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by leo2020: 7:25am On Feb 12, 2015
what has happened to these agencies..EFCC, ICPC, NAFDAC ..these agencies used to make d town boil some years ago..i guess they ve gone to sleep.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Dahveydson(m): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2015
myhoodlink:
These were the words of President GEJ which many have misrepresented

Asked about his 'Stealing is not corruption' comment, president Jonathan said he never said stealing is not corruption -
"The word corruption we have abused it and it's not making so much sense. I did not say stealing is not corruption. I made that statement in reference to ex-CJN, Justice Musdapher. A thief should be called a thief. Ole should be called ole! If you say somebody is corrupt people don't know what you mean". He added "A thief is a thief. Don't use the word corruption to cover stealing. Call the person a thief"

Hatred is worse than any sin one can think of. Some hate the President just because of what others have said about him. God knows the hearts of all humans.

God bless President Goodluck Jonathan

He never said stealing is not corruption? Do you have amnesia? He said it in his last media chat, if you have forgotten, many of us haven't.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Azo(m): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2015
Calculia:
Those in power alone? Prof u don fall my hand...

Besides, what we have in Nigeria is beyond that gentle man definition.

As GEJ put it, in Nigeria we have thieves not corruption.

Oga why u dey fall hand na. This is english na. And remember the guy is a lawyer so be careful to wrong his statements. FYI a woman selling banana is in position of power with respect to the buyer. If she chooses to hike the price then she is corrupt. Everybody is on a position of power depending on the context. Be careful to quote lawyers, reason first.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by kennethchidi(m): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2015
Its quite diturbing how I read about everyon blasting GEJ every minute over every statement he makes;even d old and dying ones are not left out of this act,and now even a haggard hungry looking man too,forgeting he is d president of this country. The question is ,how won't some youths attack the president's convoy,when d old ones are always blasting him without respect for his office.
Am nit a politician,nor a fan of politics but ds blast GEJ here and there should stop or atleast be reduced in order to gain respect for that office.
Atleast,I listened to a part of d mediaa chat and I could hear clearly everytn he said,altho some made no sense,buh I could hear him clearly,and he sounded healthy And in control of tns,unlike some bunch of old men who should actually b praying for their grandchildren in retirement,who are still clamoring to lead us by all means,and when dey talk,u can barely hear what dey say coz dey sound ill and frail!
Whoever wins should rule,but this disrespect for the office of the president must stop pls!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by onatisi(m): 7:27am On Feb 12, 2015
solayd:
Agreed with President GEJ so what has he done to fight the menace of coruption, stealing and ole
what has the apc govt in lagos done to fight corruption in lagos state ?was tinubu able to fight corruption in lagos state government? If anything ,he elevated it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by elari(m): 7:28am On Feb 12, 2015
Adminisher:
This man GEJ is not straight, all answers were skewed, evasive and downright low brained. Yet some people are going to entrust their destinies to him for another four years. Smh
And yet some people call Buhari an illiterate. I wonder what Gej should be called. . .
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by elari(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2015
kennethchidi:
Its quite diturbing how I read about everyon blasting GEJ every minute over every statement he makes;even d old and dying ones are not left out of this act,and now even a haggard hungry looking man too,forgeting he is d president of this country. The question is ,how won't some youths attack the president's convoy,when d old ones are always blasting him without respect for his office.
Am nit a politician,nor a fan of politics but ds blast GEJ here and there should stop or atleast be reduced in order to gain respect for that office.
Atleast,I listened to a part of d mediaa chat and I could hear clearly everytn he said,altho some made no sense,buh I could hear him clearly,and he sounded healthy And in control of tns,unlike some bunch of old men who should actually b praying for their grandchildren in retirement,who are still clamoring to lead us by all means,and when dey talk,u can barely hear what dey say coz dey sound ill and frail!
Whoever wins should rule,but this disrespect for the office of the president must stop pls!
After all said, u still went ahead to insult Buhari
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by onatisi(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2015
senerio:
I was thought that a gud leader shuld lead by example I dnt think gmb n osibanjo has dis quality coz dey talk carelessly there's no manners in their words n characters they disrespect higher authority n its bad
don't mind osinbanjo ,he is just enjoying himself and playing to the gallery. He knows he will be back to his preaching job very soon,so don't take him serious.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 12, 2015
WHR DOES CORRUPTION ND STEALIN START FROM?

Z IS NOT@HOME? PROF. OSINBADE
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Tonylyte(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2015
thewarrior72:
The fact is that most APC supporter are daft, ignorant, unlearned & poor in understanding, the usage & application of english words hence their perpetual misunderstanding of GEJ usage of " corruption is not stealing". But if not mischief & hatred on GEJ, the man was explicit tonight in explaining himself & what he ment when he used the word "corruption is not stealing" in his previous speech. He gave examples of what can be termed corruption & what can be outrightly called stealing.

Well, I blamed him in the first place, when u lead a vast ignorant & illiterate group of people.u should learn to condescend to they level when communicating with them & use everyday words that their are used to.

This Osinbade of a man remind me of fashola. His SANship & professorship is questionable undecided
Gej is too intelligent for osibade and the average nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Bitojoe(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
Adminisher:
This man GEJ is not straight, all answers were skewed, evasive and downright low brained. Yet some people are going to entrust their destinies to him for another four years. Smh

have you ever cheated on someone before, have you ever lied to your parent before about what you dont need and you said you needed them. Have you ever cheated on your lover before and you pretend as if you didn't.have you ever copy someone in an examination hall before and you pretend as if you are genius. Have ever fail to pay your tithe, stealin from God.? If yes,then the whole world are corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by onatisi(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
kennethchidi:
bros don't mind all these people shouting on nairaland. They are noise makers with no voice .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Azo(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
kennethchidi:
Atleast,I listened to a part of d mediaa chat and I could hear clearly everytn he said[b],altho some made no sense[/b],buh I could hear him clearly,and he sounded healthy And in control of tns,unlike some bunch of old men who should actually b praying for their grandchildren in retirement,who are still clamoring to lead us by all means,and when dey talk,u can barely hear what dey say coz dey sound ill and frail!

Good u knw he wasnt making sense at leastost of the time. I heard the guy defending his statement on corruption and stealing and I SMH for him. No matter what, a cat can never be a dog. Stealing will always be a subset of corruption. How the heck xan he say let call a thief a thief not rhat the person is corrupt. Lame MF.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Mordyb: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2015
eedris07:
The embarrassment we faced today in the presidential media chat will remain tenaciously indelible in the history of Nigeria. The ruler of the giant of Africa did not display giantism in both his speech and sagacity. Questions thrown at him by the panelists begged for better answers as the president could not boast of impressing himself let alone the entire national and international audience. He forced an escapist smile at questions like "How did you feel when your kinsmen threatened to wage war on Nigeria if you fail the election"? " Do you have confidence in Jega that he will conduct free and fair election"? "Chibok girls: How far"? "You once remarked that stealing is not corruption. Expatiate". I am sure that those who watched the chat saw the disappointing semblance on the faces of the journalists who gave him baptism of fire. Though some people may argue that the questions were moderated, but they still
exposed the vocal ineptitude and intellectual paucity of the president. You hardly get moved by his speech due to its insipidity. In short, those vital questions that required informed and cogent responses will never forgive him for leaving them unattended to.
The fact that Jega and the electoral commissioners were appointees of the president, does not mean they must dance to his tunes. The question was logical trying to put words on the mouth of the president regarding the allegation that the ruling party wants the election rigged in its favour. And the other question on the Niger Delta militant would have placed the government on better pedestal had he told us that Asari Dokubo and his associates who issued the threat are now behind bars. As for Buhari, he first said the question was not fair to him before he later attempted to make amends. An Obama or Cameron would eulogize the sterling virtues of their opponent and at the end tell you they can also fare better. God save Nigeria.
Upon all big grammar you don ever win Councilor talk less of Class Captain give credits to whom it is due Goodluck has clearly answered all question in a manner that the average Nigerian can understand. He has the right to free speech and no matter how he tries to answer the question about buhari it will be to his disadvantage even if it is a positive or negative review. I am tired of answering people like you for once pls be objective

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2015
I would have loved him to give the meaning of both terms,my dictionary meaning says-to make morally bad;cause to change from good to bad;dishonest,wicked,bad,immoral behaviour.hmmm....I no know say stealing don turn good o.He is right if a thief should be called a thief,but that still doesn't change the fact that the thief is corrupt,why?because stealing is an immoral behaviour, stealing is bad.

Left to me,#stealingiscorruption#
Stealing is a form of corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by tempest69: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2015
0700Jesse:

see yur mouth., why yur Buhari kon dey hide from debate?
that same time the clueless GEJ is busy lying on AIT and NTA, BUHARI was BUSY with CNN... GEJ have disgraced Nigerian severally on international media.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by elari(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2015
maestroferddi:
Is Prof Osinbajo slow in simple comprehension or what?

Jonathan was explicit in explaining himself.

He stated that he had a parley with a former CJN on the incidence of corruption/crime.

He posited that Justice Mustapha disclosed that over 70% of the cases under the judge's purview were actually outright theft being branded as corruption. He was making a case that what people normally give the appellation of corruption are nothing short of thievery.

Instead of branding a public official guilty of misappropriation as corrupt, he was suggesting that a more apt or grievous term should be applied. Let the guilty official be addressed as the thief that s/he is so as to serve as a deterrent to others.

So what is difficult for this APC man to understand?
As difficult as was for him to understand as an APC man. He holds a PhD and is a Professor of law, while you remain and unknown specie of something

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 12, 2015
chaberry:
Osibanjo doin everythin possible to remain relevant. Don't he have anyother job to do rather than tweeting all the time? Is that how he intend in rulling us, by tweeting 24hrs a day
or you prefer he goes to aso rock lobbying for position to prepare for his vice presidency. fool
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by onatisi(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2015
Tonylyte:

Gej is too intelligent for osibade and the average nigerians.
don't mind osinbajo and co, they shout and talk more than they think .

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 12, 2015
Now I know Osibanjo has low IQ.

Those calling GEJS clueless haven't seen clueless yet. See the thrash a supposed professor of law is saying. So corruption is "limited" to public officers.

Yahoo Boiz are government officials?

Those who scam people in the guise of getting employment for them are public officials?

See what Buhari has infected this professor with. Numbskull

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by tboiboks: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
GEJ spoke nicely, only deaf ears wouldn't understand all his addresses, on d issue of corruption he made it clear so dat even a dumb person can understand, let a thief b tagged a thief, so wat oda explanation do pple want again, forget abt dat pastor who knws notin abt politics, he should beta return back to d pulpit where he blongs.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by pillarmaria(m): 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
Its very obvious that most people here are bias, why would you misinterprete what GEJ said, i watched mr president very well and all i could deduce from his chat was that he was afraid of making any utterance that would be used against his government or person, he tried as much as possible to be candid. Please, even if u are not for goodluck try not to misinterprete him or create a wrong impression of him.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Proffdada: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2015
for those who are slow in understanding the prof and jinxed by gej goodluck charm,u don't need to spend so much time in calling a spade a spade except u r speaking with tongue in cheek
he's ever clueless and overtly corrupt
they don't even know the danger we're as at now economically
we're going to be bartering oil for donkey years to cover our debt
we import most things and the exchange is already an index of the doomed state we're.
be wise and snap out of being a Jonathan disciple
we're not really voting for GMB ,we're actually voting OUT jonadunce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Yehman(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2015
raumdeuter:
Jonathan's responses to the corruption question are borderline retarded.
This country deserves better

Sai Buhari
Saiwagi onu!
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by wiseguy(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2015
daniel9202:

where exactly is this one heading to?

Otuoke with GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by heatmeup(f): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2015
spott:
This man is smarter than GEJ
how? by not knowing the difference btw corruption and stealing

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Timijo(m): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2015
When pastors dabble into politics, they lose the track, get side track and lose focus. They become liars and abhor hatred in their hearts.
I wonder the kind of messages that Pastor Yemi Osibanjo is preaching to his congregation.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by oluwanoni: 7:43am On Feb 12, 2015
I just checked the defination of corruption via wikipedia.and i can say the media chat didnt do justice....not that i dislike GEJ...but every one has freedom of speech...i like the way politics is heated now....it shows a lot of people listen and watch.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by oluayo001(m): 7:43am On Feb 12, 2015
maestroferddi:
Is Prof Osinbajo slow in simple comprehension or what?

Jonathan was explicit in explaining himself.

He stated that he had a parley with a former CJN on the incidence of corruption/crime.

He posited that Justice Mustapha disclosed that over 70% of the cases under the judge's purview were actually outright theft being branded as corruption. He was making a case that what people normally give the appellation of corruption are nothing short of thievery.

Instead of branding a public official guilty of misappropriation as corrupt, he was suggesting that a more apt or grievous term should be applied. Let the guilty official be addressed as the thief that s/he is so as to serve as a deterrent to others.

So what is difficult for this APC man to understand?

U r correct.....
Agreed......they r thieves....
But y is it dat all these thieves r not prosecuted,instead dey r granted pardon(alamiesegha) or just removed from office(stella oduah)??
Pls answer ASAP
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Erico24(m): 7:44am On Feb 12, 2015
No hatin thou,but i dnt see d differenc btwn d both parties..i'm my own president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Foreigners Think About Nigeria's Fuel Crisis / Charles Amaechi: Governor Wike Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi / Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.