Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (51142 Views)

President Buhari With Jonathan After Council Of State Meeting (photos) / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan After Church Service In Bayelsa (pic) / Aso Rock Deserted After Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Ahmeduana(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2015
egift:
"Two unmarried men sleeping together, that is corruption" - GEJ.

So according to President Jonathan, politicians in his government stealing Trillions of Naira is GAY shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is Prof Osinbajo slow in simple comprehension
or what?
Jonathan was explicit in explaining himself.
He stated that he had a parley with a former CJN
on the incidence of corruption/crime.
He posited that Justice Mustapha disclosed that
over 70% of the cases under the judge's purview
were actually outright theft being branded as
corruption. He was making a case that what
people normally give the appellation of corruption
are nothing short of thievery.
Instead of branding a public official guilty of
misappropriation as corrupt, he was suggesting
that a more apt or grievous term should be
applied. Let the guilty official be addressed as the
thief that s/he is so as to serve as a deterrent to
others.
So what is difficult for this APC man to
understand?
COMMON SENSE IS NOT FOR COMMON PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by omoharry(f): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2015
NO MIND AM. AFTER EE GO DEY LAY HAND ON PEOPLE WHEN HIS OWN HAND IS RUBBED WITH MUD.
kodded:

pastor that suppose to pray for nigeria
all in the name of political post smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by tolexy007(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2015
dguyindcorner:

He never made reference to one CJN when he said that stealing is not corruption. GEJ practises a galloping corruption.

EFCC IS DEAD!!!
ICPC IS BURIED!!!

GEJ AND HIS SUPPORTERS ARE CORRUPT ENTITIES.
i belive u never watch d presidential chat, u are just hating

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Euckybaby(f): 9:01am On Feb 12, 2015
The same way you talk to Mr president in unpleasing manner, your own time will come when other will also do same that's if you party wins

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by KingTom(m): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2015
egift:

So according to President Jonathan, politicians in his government stealing Trillions of Naira is GAY shocked shocked shocked shocked
Guy abeg, not kill me with laugh grin grin

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by BabaO2: 9:08am On Feb 12, 2015
Calculia:
Those in power alone? Prof u don fall my hand...

Besides, what we have in Nigeria is beyond that gentle man definition.

As GEJ put it, in Nigeria we have thieves not corruption.

HOW does he fall your hand? You are just a big f00l, you and Jonathan understanding of issues are poor, that is why Nigeria is failing as a nation.
The meaning of corruption is not ambiguous, if you dont understand it you can not fix it.

Please check your dictionary for corruption:
dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thewarrior72: 9:10am On Feb 12, 2015
chidyhels:
GeJ 'Corruption is not Stealing' comment was made in a media chat that I watched with my koro koro eyes

Why is he bringing CJN into it
This discussion is beyond your capacity, troll back to.romance section & remember to pick up a elementary 5 english text book it will help you undecided
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Calculia:
Those in power alone? Prof u don fall my hand...

Besides, what we have in Nigeria is beyond that gentle man definition.

As GEJ put it, in Nigeria we have thieves not corruption.

In power does not only mean political positions. It could mean having the power to an office, contract, house etc.

Corruption is abuse of power for personal gain.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2015
maestroferddi:
Is Prof Osinbajo slow in simple comprehension or what?

Jonathan was explicit in explaining himself.

He stated that he had a parley with a former CJN on the incidence of corruption/crime.

He posited that Justice Mustapha disclosed that over 70% of the cases under the judge's purview were actually outright theft being branded as corruption. He was making a case that what people normally give the appellation of corruption are nothing short of thievery.

Instead of branding a public official guilty of misappropriation as corrupt, he was suggesting that a more apt or grievous term should be applied. Let the guilty official be addressed as the thief that s/he is so as to serve as a deterrent to others.

So what is difficult for this APC man to understand?
Corruption = Abuse of power for personal gain. If you abuse your power by using your position to steal(THEFT) that is still corruption.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by maestroferddi: 9:16am On Feb 12, 2015
abujamal:
Ok How many of these thieves (Petroleum minister,Aviation minister,etc) has he sent to jail. Or should we say thief is not a criminal ?
I suggest you should try and lay your hands on an O'Level Government textbook.

By so doing you would understand that there are three arms of government. The executive does not usurp the powers/responsibilities of the judiciary.

It is not Jonathan's call to mandate the courts to send perceived corrupt officials to jail. We are in a democracy where the rule of law and separation of power are enshrined in the constitution.

He is trying to strengthen the institutions saddled with the constitutional responsibility of tackling graft.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by nneji77(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2015
It is obvious that you are numbskull. Mr.President was explaining that when he said that stealing wasn't corruption, that stealing should be treated as what it is, a clear case of theft. Corruption as you explained is clearly not stealing. Bribery isn't stealing. Stealing is taking what doesn't belong to you. Bribery is when you give someone who is in a position of authority money to gain access to something you need for example you lecturers that sleep with young girls or collect money to upgrade students grades. Please you even said you are a professor? Please safe us the embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by tomber(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Wait o. But Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt and perpetually tries to defend the military(except Ibb). So, if he or the other military leaders we've had were not or are not corrupt, where did corruption come from then?

Why did he not probe his tenure as petroleum minister after he became president. Thought there were issues of corruption under under his watch( of an amount wc makes $20 billion of today a joke) ?

Why is nobody asking Buhari what he meant by "fighting Boko haram is fighting the North". He who was giving psychological support to Boko is now accusing the gov. of allowing corruption in the army and not boasting the moral of soldiers.

Why didn't Amanpour ask the questions above ?

Buhari has been using "corruption" as excuse to fulfill his selfish desires since ages. Assuming he is honest and sincere about his quest, do we think the only problem of Nigeria is corruption and once it is solved every other thing will simply fall in place? Every single question of "why" and "how" is answered with "corruption this corruption that". Nigerians shine your eyes.

While I agree that we have chronic corruption problem, I do not believe Buhari's acute method will solve it all. He's yet to tell us how he'll build an efficient system that will frustrate corruption.

Nobody, not even 20 Buhari, will kill corruption, it can only be reduced, controlled or tamed it cannot die.

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2015
nneji77:
It is obvious that you are numbskull. Mr.President was explaining that when he said that stealing wasn't corruption, that stealing should be treated as what it is, a clear case of theft. Corruption as you explained is clearly not stealing. Bribery isn't stealing. Stealing is taking what doesn't belong to you. Bribery is when you give someone who is in a position of authority money to gain access to something you need for example you lecturers that sleep with young girls or collect money to upgrade students grades. Please you even said you are a professor? Please safe us the embarrassment.
Bribery is an extension of theft. Bribery is enabling someone steal. For instance if a man does not deserve a contract. He bribes a corrupt official to enable the corrupt contractor steal a contract that is not his.

Stealing is corruption. GEJ can not paint it differently. All Corrupt officials are thieves. You can not differentiate them.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by igben(m): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2015
osinbanjo it means that ur oga buhari is corrupt cos since 1400 B.C.E he has been dishonest telling nigerians that he wrote WAEC.

spott:
Corruption is defined as "dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery". The definition is simple and we all know what it is, yet Mr. President has spent the last several minutes of his media chat explaining to Nigerians what it is, suggesting we are all somehow confused about this.

The GEJ presidency has failed Nigerians. The facts are undeniable. ‪#‎ChangeWillCome‬

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=666594216784281&id=633018823475154
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Sajio(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2015
abujamal:
Ok How many of these thieves (Petroleum minister,Aviation minister,etc) has he sent to jail. Or should we say thief is not a criminal ?
... Am not sure u read the forensic report of NNPC..
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2015
igben:
osinbanjo it means that ur oga buhari is corrupt cos since 1400 B.C.E he has been dishonest telling nigerians that he wrote WAEC.

General Buhari never said he wrote WAEC. He said he wrote WASC conducted by members of Cambridge University.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by maestroferddi: 9:24am On Feb 12, 2015
bashydemy:
And please can you help your paymaster divine corruption for us abeg....What is corruption that was the question? maybe sleeping and waking up now is corruption hahaha
Granted that Jonathan needs to raise his game in certain areas to fast-track the delivery of the dividends of democrat.

But should we hold President Jonathan culpable for the intellectual laziness you are displaying here?
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2015
genearts:

WTF are u talking abt, the definition of corruption is simple, nobody should try and confuse us. If u steal as a public servant, its nt just stealing, it bcoms a case of betrayal of public trust to amass wealth wich is CORRUPTION. Bribes, kickbacks, outright stealing, mismanagement by public servants are all corrupt practises. The explanation that GEJ was giving is a beer parlour xplanation

When the CJN made that statement that jona is refering to, the CJN was talkin abt the mode of prosecution that it would be easier to get justice if the corrupt officers were prosecuted for outright stealing. Not that stealing is not corruption
Exactly. I wonder why GEJ is trying to complicate a simple definition. I guess common sense is not common.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by omoharry(f): 9:30am On Feb 12, 2015
expertfingers:

Truth be told you are better at putting GEJ's thoughts together than GEJ himself.

If only GEJ was this articulate,maybe....
Can you compare GMB Speech to that of GEJ? All you bias and blind APC e-supporters. I can hardly hear what Buhari says when ever he opens his mouth, yet you guys are going about picking on Mr president's accent. GMB is someone that could not call the full meaning of his party APC (all progressive confidence.... a dull man he is) during his interview with Aljazeera but you guys would rather down play such error and attack a sitting president's speech which is clearer than the person you are supporting. SHAME ON ALL YOU APC SUPPORTERS that would rather turn your face to the other side when you notice GMB flaws and come as a bull dog to attack GEJ; BLIND AND DULL AND BAIS AS YOUR PRESIDENTAIL ASPIRANT AND SPONSORS....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by ARKdiscloser7(m): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Chai!!
even this Tifnubu puppet don get mouth.
Wonders shall never end.

anyways!

Tifnubu : ( in Yoruba accent) Oshi! have you post what I told u to post on twitter?

Osibanjo : Yes, baba, I directed my secretary to do that and it is done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by maestroferddi: 9:33am On Feb 12, 2015
*Deleted Repetition*
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by maestroferddi: 9:33am On Feb 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mr man, stealing is a form of corruption just like over invoicing. Osinbajo is a lawyer just like Mustapha Akanbi.
Well, in this instance Prof Osinbajo is not exhibiting smartness and critical thinking.

The man may have made his mark in the legal profession, but his foray into politics is fast turning into a helluva huge embarrassment.

I am sure that people like him who think that politics is a cakewalk are getting disillusioned day in day out. He clearly needs to cultivate the ability to think on his feet.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Popemax(m): 9:33am On Feb 12, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=14pt]GEJ on point and APC weeping.

Omo can dey survive the shock of 28 March Buhari out of politics?

GEJ till Buhari and his supporters finish school.[/size]
I truly love this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by sirfemoz(m): 9:34am On Feb 12, 2015
Looking at the comment from the so called youths that will take the country to greater heights.. I just noticed that this countryis still far.. Some people here with ordinary O'leve, so won't even graduate with good grade are here critcizing? Gosh! Is there no sensible human being on this forum again? Orhave we been brain washed? Can a sane human being tell me the meaning of Corruption? Then tell me the relationship between corruption and stealing
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by xklucvG: 9:34am On Feb 12, 2015
xpac01:
This man sounds sensible, but hope he won't dissapoint when they get there.
Yes he sounds sensible but Gej said he was quoting Justice Musdapher who said 70% of the cases of corruption before him were mere cases of stealing and that we should call a thief a thief and not beautify it with the word corruption. Not a Gej supporter, i am for Buhari. But i call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by udemzyudex(m): 9:35am On Feb 12, 2015
egift:

He was only using the statement as an example.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2015
omoharry:

Can you compare GMB Speech to that of GEJ? All you bias and blind APC e-supporters. I can hardly hear what Buhari says when ever he opens his mouth, yet you guys are going about picking on Mr president's accent. GMB is someone that could not call the full meaning of his party APC (all progressive confidence.... a dull man he is) during his interview with Aljazeera but you guys would rather down play such error and attack a sitting president's speech which is clearer than the person you are supporting. SHAME ON ALL YOU APC SUPPORTERS that would rather turn your face to the other side when you notice GMB flaws and come as a bull dog to attack GEJ; BLIND AND DULL AND BAIS AS YOUR PRESIDENTAIL ASPIRANT AND SPONSORS....
I prefer a man who makes a mistake in the name of a party but has a mind to fight corruption (Gen. Buhari). I hate a man who goes on live TV to make corruption a lesser evil to stealing and wines and dines with corruption (GEJ).

Gen. Buhari will say it any day, he does not stand by corruption. GEJ wines and dines with Alameiseigha a well known corrupt. Official.

Stealing Is Corruption.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Chigold101(m): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2015
xpac01:
This man sounds sensible, but hope he won't dissapoint when they get there.
who will dash monkey banana?

when he geys where? Does VP‘s have anything to do or say apartfrom what the P tells himto do?
VP‘s are zombie in Nigeria constitution. If he miss behaves he will be impeeched another will take his position. Tinubu knows how to handle deputies...
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2015
sirfemoz:
Looking at the comment from the so called youths that will take the country to greater heights.. I just noticed that this countryis still far.. Some people here with ordinary O'leve, so won't even graduate with good grade are here critcizing? Gosh! Is there no sensible human being on this forum again? Orhave we been brain washed? Can a sane human being tell me the meaning of Corruption? Then tell me the relationship between corruption and stealing
Why not explain and let people access your take on the matter. Do you agree or disagree with the President?

I do not agree with him. Corruption = Abuse of power for personal gain including abuse of power to steal things.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Popemax(m): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2015
Jonathan supporters are all intelligent and reason well......lwell composed statement...APC shit are just shouting change without proper reasoning
omoharry:

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by bashydemy(m): 9:41am On Feb 12, 2015
maestroferddi:
Granted that Jonathan needs to raise his game in certain areas to fast-track the delivery of the dividends of democrat.

But should we hold President Jonathan culpable for the intellectual laziness you are displaying here?
What is this one saying? I ask just simple question and you talking about intellectual Laziness...hahah you need to be flog i swear.. Your president said thievery is not corruption that is exactly what he said again yesterday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Foreigners Think About Nigeria's Fuel Crisis / Charles Amaechi: Governor Wike Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.