Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai (22678 Views)

Buhari Currently Meeting APC Governors / Akpabio, Orji Lead PDP Senators-elect To Pro Saraki Meeting, APC Rattled! / Godday Orubebe (PDP) Accuses Jega Of Bias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Sierraloaded: 1:32am On Feb 12, 2015

The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday raised fresh allegations aiming at discrediting the National Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, over the conduct of the elections.

At a crowded press conference in Abuja, the Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, alleged that Jega had meetings with some unnamed leaders of the main opposition party, the All Progressives Congress, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

But the commission said it was not in its character to join issues with political parties.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of the commission, Mr. Kayode Idowu, said this when contacted to react to the allegation.

Idowu said, “INEC doesn’t join issues with political parties, because the commission is a dispassionate umpire.”

However, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, dismissed the allegation as utter nonsense and irritable.

Speaking in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents on Wednesday, Mohammed said, “I’m in Abuja with some of our leaders. Baba Bisi Akande is here, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is here, former Governor Kayode Fayemi is here. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is in Lagos.

“No leader of the APC is outside the country. So, tell me who is Jega meeting? Is it members of our NEC? Not one of our leaders is outside the country. This people are paranoid. We are preparing for our NEC meeting. We have some of our governors here. The PDP is paranoid.”

But Fani-Kayode also alleged that the meeting was aimed at making sure that those who had yet to get the Permanent Voter Cards were denied the opportunity of receiving them.

The former Minister of Aviation put the number of those voters at 23 million.

Fani-Kayode added that the commission was scheming out voters in states and areas where he said supporters of the ruling party were.

Besides, he alleged that the PVCs were still at China and had yet to be imported to Nigeria.

He said, “Pieces of information at our disposal have shown that Jega has had meetings with the APC stalwarts in Dubai and other cities in the world to perfect this wanton conspiracy against 23 million eligible voters.

“Besides, we have information that the PVCs that Nigerians are scrambling for are not in Nigeria and will not arrive before the elections.

“These PVCs are still in China and Jega has strategically delayed their arrival to suit his electioneering permutations.”

Asked to provide proof about the alleged Dubai meeting, Fani-Kayode refused.

Fani-Kayode however said that Jega must also show Nigerians proof that the Chinese company printing the PVCs had been paid in full by disclosing the total contract sum and the amount paid to date.

He also demanded that Jega should show proof of arrival or expected date of arrival of all PVCs for the elections and that he should equally tell Nigerians how he could have distributed 23 million PVCs within five days to election if there hadn’t been postponement.

He said it was wrong for the commission to have claimed that the election was shifted due to insecurity, adding that the electoral body was not fully ready for the election.

“The matter is that INEC has failed in its responsibility to produce and distribute PVCs to about 34 per cent of registered voters who would require the cards to vote in the elections.

“This brings us to the issue of statistics of PVC distribution and collection which we believe Jega, as a person acting in concert with some forces of retrogression, is playing games with.

“We express our concerns today that Jega may have decided to aid the APC to rig the forthcoming elections through the manipulation of the production, distribution and collection of PVCs, such that emerging trends have consistently shown calculated attempts to deprive parts of the country that would traditionally vote for President Jonathan of their PVCs.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-accuses-jega-of-meeting-apc-leaders-in-dubai/

4 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Sierraloaded: 1:32am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by owobokiri(m): 1:42am On Feb 12, 2015
With all these weighty accusations levlled against jega and his jaga-jaga PVCs, it is better to do away with the PVCs FOR NOW. Next elections, the national ID card should be used. It is starting to look like these PVCs can easily be programmed, manipulated or simulated to meet certain parochial ends.

16 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by eleko1: 1:55am On Feb 12, 2015
sad pigs and their barbarians talk dead on arrival.Nija pipu can't be fooled,we have had enuf of the CLUELESS ONE. BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT cool cheesy wink smiley cool kiss

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Raiders: 1:58am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:
With all these weighty accusations levlled against jega and his jaga-jaga PVCs, it is better to do away with the PVCs FOR NOW. Next elections, the national ID card should be used. It is starting to look like these PVCs can easily be programmed, manipulated or simulated to meet certain parochial ends.
No PVC, No election. I don't know why pdp is scared of using pvcs when they know it would reduce election malpractice

81 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 12, 2015
Raiders:
No PVC, No election. I don't know why pdp is scared of using pvcs when they know it would reduce election malpractice

Una don start to make empty noise again like the postponement issue. From the look of things TVCS would be used in the elections

8 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by owobokiri(m): 2:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Raiders:
How can it reduce election malpractices when PVCs are being collected by 4 year olds, when millions from mainly PDP strongholds haven't seen their PVCs while INECs APC donated reading computers are ready to do mago mago with numbers??! To you it must be free and fair when rigging is perpetuated against the ruling party.

25 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by rabimlomo: 4:42am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

I am absolutely with you on using the national Id for the election, not that I believe all those accusations against jega are true however. But I have always fail to see the need for the pvcs when we have the national id card. I believe it is just a waste of money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by koikoi2(m): 5:01am On Feb 12, 2015
Jega shud know dat his credibility and integrity is at stake.
He shud not join issues with APC to rig or favour them.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by bizlifelines(m): 5:02am On Feb 12, 2015
The PDP is sounding as if it is the party in opposition!
What is really going on sef?

46 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by onatisi(m): 5:06am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:
best sane advice . I think this is the best piece of advice for inec but as it stands now it maybe too late to change .the national Identity card should be used as a verification tool for the pvc card holders. The pvc idea is good but it isn't something that can be rushed into .

4 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by onatisi(m): 5:08am On Feb 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Una don start to make empty noise again like the postponement issue. From the look of things TVCS would be used in the elections
don't mind dem,they like shouting and boasting on nairaland. when the pvc is cancelled for this election ,make him go burn down inec office.
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by courage54(m): 5:14am On Feb 12, 2015
PDP are learning so fast the job of an opposition party.

My PVC is gallantly waiting for march 28 so that I can use it to send Jonathan back to Otuoke.

#March4Buhari

#Ihavedecided

God Bless Nigeria
God bless Niger-Delta

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by tit(f): 5:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Jiga should just honorably resign!

he has dragged himself in potor potor.
he has no honor again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by StealthyMe(m): 5:41am On Feb 12, 2015
bizlifelines:
The PDP is sounding as if it is the party in opposition!
What is really going on sef?

Act like the harmed one...put up a pitiable demeanour and gain public affection & care
ItS Politics smiley

5 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by PassingShot(m): 6:43am On Feb 12, 2015
When the Foolish Fvcking Kid (FFK) was asked for proof of the alleged meeting, he refused!.

INEC said all PVC's have arrived, yet the Jonathanians want us to believe otherwise but will not provide evidence and prefer to rant all day long.

If PDP/GEJ were interested in the election, they could have given a day or two days holiday for people to collect their cards but we know they were not ready and can never be ready for this one.

PDP IS NOW THE MAIN OPPOSITION PARTY IN NIGERIA. QED!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Faibuhari: 6:49am On Feb 12, 2015
Jega is compromised already, he should step down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 12, 2015
APC hv jega, boko haram, Amaechi, obasanjo, oshomole, etc......but In all PDP hv God...Jega should resign or die in office b4 march 28

3 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Ayobami97(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2015
Hmm. Politics is a dirty game, so expect dirty acts. Am not tired, more news please!

1 Like

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by teemanbastos(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
aye FFK ti baje.
Walai.
Omo ale jatijati.
Juxt by the way.[question 4 the
day]
People stone thieves but they don't
stone corrupt people.
Mr president was stoned in Bauchi.
What does dat imply?!

9 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Flye: 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
The PDP strategy is simple, damage the reputation of anybody who does not dance to their corrupt tunes, sell it to the already corrupt media, their gullible supporters will spread it and force that person out of office.
Sanusi, Farida and Gen Azazi comes to mind.

By the time this administration ends her tenure, it is going to be one of the government that contributed to the destruction of institutions in Nigeria.

owobokiri:

How can it reduce election malpractices when PVCs are being collected by 4 year olds, when millions from mainly PDP strongholds haven't seen their PVCs while INECs APC donated reading computers are ready to do mago mago with numbers??! To you it must be free and fair when rigging is perpetuated against the ruling party.

You complained about 4years old collecting PVC when we know it PDP that supervised it.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by siraj1402(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2015
Picture of their meeting?

6 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Ayobami97(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2015
Taylor86:
APC hv jega, boko haram, Amaechi, obasanjo, oshomole, etc......but In all PDP hv God...Jega should resign or die in office b4 march 28
Use your brain for once!

22 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Faibuhari: 7:36am On Feb 12, 2015
The kind of bias which Jega reeks of will not even allow a school principal to allow him to officiate in an inter house sports match

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Hemanwel(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2015
*crying*
A friend of mine (from the SS) who was an ardent supporter of President Goodluck, just announced that he is decamping to the APC and throws his full weight behind GMB's candidacy all cos GEJ shifted the election date.

Mehn,the way things are going now,the margin of victory for GMB may just be likened to the distance between heaven and earth because that shift in election date,most def,has subtracted rather than added to GEJ's fan base.

My observation!

18 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by ProfessorPP(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2015
If the info is genue, then I wonder why JEGA is doing all this. But is the commission no longer an independent body again?
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by dunkem21(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2015
Our problem is that Nigerians are dull. I have said this time without number that INEC is not prepared for the elections.
JEGA can blame the security chiefs and the insurgency but we know the gospel truth. Imagine, INEC wants us to go ahead with the elections when half of the electorates don't have PVC's and it is no fault of theirs.

The PDP, DSS has been raising concerned issues about complicity with INEC and APC; from PVC's cloning to hacking INEC database. JEGA hands has already been soiled and he might want to cause chaos since his tenure will soon elapse.

JEGA is incompetent though we give him credit for conducting credible elections. When is he going to do a mock election to test his softwares and database? He looks overwhelmed and clueless. Imagine, he would have wanted Nigerians to be collecting PVC's till Feb. 13th.

We need an unbiased umpire in this elections and just like APC dodged the debate based on favouritism, it will be ideal for the PDP to boycott the elections and look for a neutral man that will conduct the elections.

I wish they can resurrect my comments in 2011 on a more robust internal forum, where I repeatedly hit my chest and promised to outdo JEGA in conducting general elections.

I agree with Amaechi now, We need a parallel government.

CC: Goodluck
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
Jega has bin compromised!
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by mcdokwe(m): 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
All not heard yet
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by otigbagba: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
Sierraloaded:

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-accuses-jega-of-meeting-apc-leaders-in-dubai/
I thought technology is used to fight corruption. .pdp jittering...ndi ala..Una time don end

11 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by kowema(f): 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
K
Re: PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai by SuperModerator: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

You can lie oh shocked

Picture of underage with PVCs, not TVCs or adonbilivit

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marketers Sell Fuel Above N145 — The PUNCH / Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats / Hassan Nasiha Sworn In As Zamfara Deputy Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.