Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record (24311 Views)

1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview / CNN Interview ; Again, Buhari Goofed.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by blaze2cool(m): 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
The APC presidential candidate, Gen. Buhari said it would be harsh to judge him against his record as a military dictator in a democratic setting just as he last night welcomed former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s endorsement of his aspiration.
Speaking on a live CNN interview anchored by Christiane Amanpour, he affirmed that the Boko Haram insurgency would be routed by his administration through blocking corruption and other leakages.

Tasked that Nigerians were faced with the difficult option of choosing between a failed president and a former military dictator with a bad human rights record, he said:

“All those things you mentioned were done under military administration; if we did not suspend the constitution then, it would have been difficult for us to operate under those circumstances. So I do not think I should be judged as an individual for those things that happened then.”

Welcoming the endorsement of President Obasanjo, he said: “Well it will certainly bring more supporters to us and more confidence for those who were sitting on the fence because General Obasanjo is highly respected and as far as the nation is concerned, there is no issue that can be deliberated upon without people seeking his opinion.”

Describing the shift of the election dates as unfortunate, Buhari said:
“That is a disappointment because the presentation made by the INEC was that they were ready to conduct the elections on the date chosen a year ago. And for them to be forced virtually by the military that they cannot guarantee the safety of their workers and shift it by six weeks.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/cnn-interview-harsh-judge-1984-record-says-buhari/#sthash.tZj6iyIf.dpuf

5 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by shadelek(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by hazyfm1: 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
OK
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buhari is missing the point! No matter the system a leader is judged by the choices they make in office. So yes Buhari's 1984 record is an indication of what he will do now.

But it is clear for all to see that even Buhari is not proud of Buhari's records in 1984 and yet this man does not have the courage to say sorry to Nigerians!

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by ellechrystal(f): 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
Truth b told, some ppl hate to b criticised, but love to criticize n condemn others, smh..

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by DaGC(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
^^^^ she has said it all.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
Dis mallam cun aboki feels cos his cows re shouting and disturbing d atmosphere wif dem change, he now feels we all cows. He shld know dat we human beings and judging from fulani history, dey don't forgive and dey so cruel and wicked cum dumb. I ve said it before, he ran for president 3 times before and he lost and he's coming again after swearing and crying for naija dat he won't contest again. Its either he wants to steal which he didn't accomplish in 1983 or he is seeking for revenge. Naija Is too big for one old man to use for soap opera!

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by hedonistic: 3:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Very disingenuous talk. You don't want to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984 perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite!

177 Likes 23 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by major466(m): 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari is missing the point! No matter the system a leader is judged by the choices they make in office. So yes Buhari's 1984 record is an indication of what he will do now.

But it is clear for all to see that even Buhari is not proud of Buhari's records in 1984 and yet this man does not have the courage to say sorry to Nigerians!

It is ironic to hear Buhari justify the overthrow of a democratically elected government in 1984 on the alter of corruption, the same slogan he's using today to compete for the presidency after toppling Shehu Shagari 31 years ago. And maintaining his stand that he has no regrets over his actions. Yet doesn't want to be judged by his actions. This is arrogance and cluelessness. Doesn't want to take responsibility of his actions in the past, yet using the same past to justify his own activities in present day Nigeria. He's desperately avoiding the reality that his actions took Nigeria's development 31 years backwards.
The fact that he (Buhari) wants to become President is enough reason to declare that his military dictatorship of 1984-1985 was a total disaster that stalls Nigeria's democratic advancement.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:

Is the rant over?

6 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Igwe9(m): 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
hedonistic:
Very disingenuous talk. You don't want to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984 perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite!
seconded smiley

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by azimibraun: 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buhari you are on point jare... morons are never going to understand you.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by tellmoon(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
So many pple missing the General's point. All he is saying is, pple who are shouting to high heavens that his decisions had no recourse to the constitution are not being fair in their jiudgement. As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil. It does not however implies that he would embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under a civilian administration.

23 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Ikengawo: 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
LMFAO.

So he annuls the constitutions and announces he was jailing and killing journalists because there was no constitution?
[img]http://media./media/G1Zu26ae7mZr2/giphy.gif[/img]

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Ikengawo: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
So he overthrows a democracy and announces he was shooting and whipping people en masse because there was no democracy

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by onagoodday1: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
CHAI...THE RUG HAS BEEN PULLED UNDER THE FRAIL ELDERLY GENERAL,EVEN HIS E-RATS ON NAIRALAND ARE LOSING HOPE

32 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by sammyj: 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=26pt]THE EVIL THAT MEN DO, LIVE WITH THEM AND EVEN AFTER THEM
LIVE WITH IT MR DICTATOR
[/size]

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
which other record does buhari wants us to judge him from apart from his well documented antecedents which were all during his military dictatorship era?
seems he has another private and hidden records aside from his despotic military profile which Nigerians are not aware of.

30 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by agabaI23(m): 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
So many pple missing the General's point. All he is saying is, pple who are shouting to high heavens that his decisions had no recourse to the constitution are not being fair in their jiudgement. As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil. It does not however implies that he would embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under a civilian administration.
Story! You're marketed based on perceived but fraudulent integrity from your military government but will not want your atrocities mentioned. How pretentious

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
onagoodday1:
CHAI...THE RUG HAS BEEN PULLED UNDER THE FRAIL ELDERLY GENERAL,EVEN HIS E-RATS ON NAIRALAND ARE LOSING HOPE
becos we didn't see anytin sensible in what the brainless pdp goats have been commenting!! What buhari meant was,desperate times requires desperate measures..and we are enjoying the dividends today!! Nigeria would have been like jamaica today in terms of drug..during buhari's regime,the highest nepa can take light a day is 3hrs..we all know what going on today in gej's era..pls when u people have better things to say,let us know..we r tired of cheap propagandas,bring up a big one so we can tackle it together

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
The man is asking Nigerians to cherry pick his records and remember his history selectively!

Now that's dishonest!

26 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by tit(f): 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
southniyikaye:
becos we didn't see anytin sensible in what the brainless pdp goats have been commenting!! What buhari meant was,desperate times requires desperate measures..and we are enjoying the dividends today!! Nigeria would have been like jamaica today in terms of drug..during buhari's regime,the highest nepa can take light a day is 3hrs..we all know what going on today in gej's era..pls when u people have better things to say,let us know..we r tired of cheap propagandas,bring up a big one so we can tackle it together

no bring your desperation reach this side.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by jaysniggs: 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:

Has GEJ said sorry to LSL?
Has he said sorry for comparing the Yoruba leaders to motor park touts?
Has GEJ come out to take full responsibility of boko haram even though it became a menance under his nose?
Has this man apologised for telling Nigerians he didn't give a damn about declaring his assets even though he illegally acquired them from the pockets of the Nigerian government.
What has he done to bring back the abducted girls? I'm sure you won't be thinking like this if it were to be your niece or sister I hope not.
So before you start pointing fingers at someone look within yourself first.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=18pt]Haven't we had enough of this man yet?
E don do
Enough already!!![/size]

He doesn't want us to judge him by his 1984 records yet his claim to good leadership and ability to change Nigeria is from the same 1984 record.
It can't go both ways
His record cannot be bad and good all together

God has rejected him and history agrees

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by HoldenCaulfield(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
book space
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by msmon(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Whoever does that is unjust and unpatriotic!

Sai Baba?

Gov. Fashola's Uncle Beats Up Beautiful Second Wife (See Photos)
www.nairaland.com/2144374/see-how-gov-fasholas-uncle

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
Let there be fairness!
Then, let's judge him by his 2003, 2007 and 2011 records.

10 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by boman2014: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
dont worry. U r still my choice
#GeneralMarchBuhari

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by kay1one2(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
Guessing we shouldn't judge jonathan by the events of his last 6yrs in office!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by GoodBoi1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Dude
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by qadeerkug(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
baba carry on noting go do u inshaa Allahu........sai buhari

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why NNPC Board Was Dissolved-the Nation / Offa Robbery: AGF Malami clears Saraki, says police lack evidence against Him / Buhari Meets Ruyi Group Officials, To Invest $200m In 4 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.