Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? (5492 Views)

What Women Really Want / If You Could Write A Letter To Your Ex, What Would It Say? / If You Were To Write A Love Letter, What Would It Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by knowme(m): 12:45am On Jan 04, 2009
Was Beyonce saying the truth or she was just talking for the sake of Music, I support that Girls are more faithful but its not all of them, we've got alot Player girls, say your mind, funny enough I like them player girls but don't expect my woman to be like that, she could be wild and crazy in Bed or very sexually active, but not the player type, but then I don't expect me to stick my privates in just or only one P ussy, I can hit out there once in a while. So was Beyonce's If I was a boy the true nature of Women? waiting!

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVTyLqkez6A
Lyrics: www.metrolyrics.com/if-i-were-a-boy-lyrics-beyonce-knowles.html
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by tope2000(f): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2009
knowme:

Was Beyonce saying the truth or she was just talking for the sake of Music, I support that Girls are more faithful but its not all of them, we've got alot Player girls, say your mind, funny enough I like them player girls but don't expect my woman to be like that, she could be wild and crazy in Bed or very sexually active, but not the player type, but then I don't expect me to stick my privates in just or only one P ussy, I can hit out there once in a while. So was Beyonce's If I was a boy the true nature of Women? waiting!

Make up ur mind bro undecided
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by knowme(m): 1:15am On Jan 04, 2009
Tope what do you mean i should make up my mind? the point is a woman cannot satisfy me alone so I will need something additional, More over my work takes me out alot, I do alot of travelling, so when am out there am Hot I just call on my shortie in that Geolocation and get some rounds before I go back to my woman , so you cant blame the Bruz would you? and you did not answer me question about what Beyonce is saying.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by tope2000(f): 1:39am On Jan 04, 2009
knowme:

Tope what do you mean i should make up my mind? the point is a woman cannot satisfy me alone so I will need something additional, More over my work takes me out alot, I do alot of travelling, so when am out there am Hot I just call on my shortie in that Geolocation and get some rounds before I go back to my woman , so you can't blame the Bruz would you? and you did not answer me question about what Beyonce is saying.

Why can't u keep it together for the little time u spending away from ur girl? How would u feel if the girl does the same to you? undecided
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by topup: 3:54am On Jan 04, 2009
knowme:

Tope what do you mean i should make up my mind? the point is a woman cannot satisfy me alone so I will need something additional, More over my work takes me out alot, I do alot of travelling, so when am out there am Hot I just call on my shortie in that Geolocation and get some rounds before I go back to my woman , so you can't blame the Bruz would you? and you did not answer me question about what Beyonce is saying.
It just seems to me that you find it very hard to be faithful, instead of working on the issue, you've found an excuse for it.

Well, right now, because you're young, you can get away with it, but imagine at the age of 50 still doing the same thing, never mind feeling worn out, you'd probably start yearning for the pleasures that you can only get in an exclusive relationship. Think. . why do people even entertain such relationships?

Anyway, about Beyonce's song, I believe that she's merely trying to make a point about how much guys are allowed to get away with in society, NOT that every guy cheats or not, she showed various scenarios that affect relationships.

- Hanging out with the buddies, instead of including your partner who is just sat at home waiting for you.
- Flirting with other people when it's such a disrespect to your partner
- Cheating & when people think it's ok

I mean I am not saying every guy cheats, but knowme in particular you make it very clear that you see nothing wrong with the idea. Imagine when the table turns and you love a girl so much to be committed to her, but she is using the excuse that you can't be around her 24/7 when she has urges to sleep with other men, now tell me you'd be okay with that excuse and I'll accept yours.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by SeaGoddes(f): 4:10am On Jan 04, 2009
knowme:

Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by knowme(m): 4:49am On Jan 04, 2009
The truth here is becos of my drive I expect any woman I go out with to have that kinda drive I have or else we are going to keep having issues
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by iice(f): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2009
knowme:

Self-justification. A weak one at that.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by sistawoman: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2009
knowme:

The truth here is because of my drive I expect any woman I go out with to have that kind of drive I have or else we are going to keep having issues

I am not sure what you mean by drive?

do you mean the desire to see/date/Bleep other people?
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by showbobo(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2009
@Topic

Duhh tongue
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by cvibe: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2009
Wonder why this topic made it to the headlines.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2009
I have come to the conclusion that it is man's world as per naija culture,
Women would just have to learn to survive in it.
There is no excuse for cheating. I believe real men dont cheat, It takes a MAN to stay faithful to one woman.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by sherrylo: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2009
Well you still find faithfull men but a faithfull man is diffrent from a loving man.A man can be loving but not faithfull!
Its a man's world in Africa for real.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by ehie007(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2009
i fink beyonce is trying to tell us somefin, may be JayZ has started cheating on her,lol,

anyfin dat has to do wiv the emotions of the heart,,ladies are always too quick to blame the guys,, though we have more players in men than women due to the nature of creation, but we still av good men out there,

its shows its a man's world, dont fink any male artist will sing "If i was a gal"
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by aieromon(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2009
@knowme

Is the issue about her energy exerted into the song or is about some guy's desire to look for an explanation for his eccentric lifestyle?

The song is a two way thing especially when you listen to the remixes.Please, i love this song and i wouldn't like this brillant work of art to be labelled as mediocre.

Put this weak topic in the cooler undecided undecided undecided

or better yet change the topic to read "IF I WERE A BOY",DAMN BEYONCE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME".Like if it would make you any bit important

CHUUUUCH!!!!
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2009
The song is fictional,it is just about the song.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Okunfolami(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2009
Who cares? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Magz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2009
Ignore Beyonce and her pagan music. It dosn't convey or represent anything, except the will of a money-hungry sell-out chick who would disrespect herself and everyone else to make more and more money. She is not a positive role model for ladies or anyone else, and she is not a representation of me or my people.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Andy1985ng(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2009
I'm trying 2 understand why this made the headlines, methinks it's just a song and it could be in reference to jigga or maybe a close friend of hers has a cheating boyfriend.When she did "irreplaceable", Ne-Yo remixed it to the dude's version & it might occur here too. It's all about d $$$.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by topkin(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2009
@ poster

U r a lamebrain. . . angry hisses
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Muza(m): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2009
If wishes were boyz,beyonce will be one. . . grin
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by chuxy12(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2009
@knowme.
keep up ur randy act and be happy. but pray hard that U dont get infected spiritually( not physically) with the virus of strange ill luck as aresult of sleeping with an accursed or fetish woman which does not normally show on their face.
        Or pray even harder U dont end up on a wheelchair b4 U realise too late on the virtue of being faithful to ur partner grin grin.
           THIS IS A NEW YEAR. A LITTLE DOSE OF SELF DISCIPLINE IS NOT A BAD THING TO INCULCATE. THINK WELL.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by knowme(m): 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2009
top_kin:

@ poster

U r a lamebrain. . . angry hisses

whats up with you having to insult someone just because you saw something, can't you simply say what the mess you want to say? I should think you are the Lamebrain here I atleast said something that made sense, but you could not just say anything than the Word Lamebrain.
[flash=200,200]http://
Na wa for una sha.

sistawoman:

I am not sure what you mean by drive?

do you mean the desire to see/date/Bleep other people?

@ sista Woman yea, thats what I mean.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2009
I thought you peeps are supposed to be on bed by now.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by chrissiebe(f): 1:37am On Jan 05, 2009
i think the real qst is was she talking abt boys or abt men! and DO U CONSIDER URSELF A MAN OR AS A BOY! cos she def. said if i were a boy
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by alex406(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2009
I guess its very obvious a lot of guys out there are not keeping to faithfulness,i prefer hanging out wif my g anytime any day as long as i am the only one for her cos i cant imagine my G cheating on me.Beyonce is just fictional about the word though,so dont take it more serious than u think,its just a lyrics.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by Ben13: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2009
@topic

yes
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by seun001(m): 10:55am On Jan 05, 2009
its just plain business.abi doesnt it seem logical to do anoda boy beef song after the success of irreplacable. grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by estrella(f): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2009
Beyonce's song is simply asking men a simple question, [i]how would you feel if we(women) treated you(men) the way you [/i]treat us? its not hard to see that men in general think that they can get away with anything, a man considers himself disrespected if a woman cheats on him but it's all fine and dandy for him to cheat on his woman right? a woman is as much a human being as a man and deserves the same consideration a man does, this isn't a cry for woman's liberation,its simply common sense especially when you take in the fact that some men treat their house pets better than they their wives!! the new breed of faithless women out there is simply a product of man's insensitivity, what goes around ultimately comes around,
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by aieromon(m): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
estrella:

Beyonce's song is simply asking men a simple question, [i]how would you feel if we(women) treated you(men) the way you [/i]treat us? its not hard to see that men in general think that they can get away with anything, a man considers himself disrespected if a woman cheats on him but it's all fine and dandy for him to cheat on his woman right? a woman is as much a human being as a man and deserves the same consideration a man does, this isn't a cry for woman's liberation,its simply common sense especially when you take in the fact that some men treat their house pets better than they their wives!! the new breed of faithless women out there is simply a product of man's insensitivity, what goes around ultimately comes around,

estrella has said it all cool cool cool cool cool

beyonce is making money by the day while we're here pondering whether she made sense or not
wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by knowme(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2009
That someone is making money does not mean we cannot debate a point, She raised an issue and I felt like hearing from other people if they agree with her. thats all.
Re: Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? by londoner: 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2009
The song is the truth for some, we all know that. Its always good when you go about life, to put yourself in anothers shoes. If people stopped to think whether they would put up with, what they themselves dish out to those around them every day, would they be ok with it? It can be a man or woman, the difference is how society digests it/reacts to it.

The song is like a mirror, you will only see whats actually there staring back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Law Of Diminishing Marginal Utility Also Apply To Your Love Life. #wj / This Man Went Blind Because He Made A Simple Mistake We All Do Every Night / A Guy That Cheats VS. A Guy That Mastubates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.