Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,768 members, 7,798,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department (20140 Views)

Photo Of FUTO "Man O' War" Leader Who Attempted Suicide By Jumping Into River / Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls / Ugwo Anacletus Of FUTO Wins N228Million In Entreprenuerial Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Abiagirl777(f): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2015
An Open Letter To Nigerian Universities Commission By The 2014 Graduates Of E.V.T FUTO

We came in like other students optimistic that after five years, we'd be leaving for the compulsory NYSc and then proceed with our life's plans.

We met the Environmental Technology Department under the School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (S.E.E.T.) as an already accredited course of study, the combo was weird though.

IN the beginning of our 3rd year, instruction came that we would resume in a new site with new buildings(the best FUTO can boast of) fully equipped for environmental education, we just had our own faculty SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (S.O.E.T.) comprising EVT,URP, SVG, ARC,BMT et al, we went with mixed feelings.

By final year, we learnt that our department lost accreditation with the movement and since 2012, none of our graduates have gone for nysc.

The mgt. of the faculty says the school have been ready and are still waiting for the NUC till today

On 8th Dec 2014, we were sent forth as students who were found worthy in character and learning, was it to join our ancestors to wait? We therefore implore and solicit the NUC to please carry out this accreditation exercise so that the graduates could move on with their lives.

THANK YOU.

16 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by francizy(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
Sad tho..

Education seems not to be the way to success after all..

Our graduates don't even get one bit of respect and we're been treated like slaves.

God will help us all.

I pray they come to your aid so you guys can take part in the NYSC program

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by laplace19(m): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
Fellow futoite... I really understand how it feels, especially after spending 5 years in Frustration Under Tension, Owerri(FUTO).

Your set should invariably put this in prayers... there is nothing God cannot do...

Mods, it will be needful to send this to the Front Page for others to be informed and for NUC to come across it,probably...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by toxiflam: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ahh,
EVT, That dept sabi borrow course Ehen
I hope NUC resolves the issue though.
Alutaa continua

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by james669: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
So wetin dey happen for Uni Abuja dey happen for FUTO, medical students for Abuja dey 300Level for 6years SMH

Why you cannot compare military rule to a democracy — Buhari
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/3275-why-you-cannot-compare-military-rule-to-a-democracy-buhari

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Elan83(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Fb tins
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by tobechi20(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Eyaaa
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Beesluv: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Eeya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by cycline404(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Obasanjo wey start Open Letter cos he go Open university
He sha don close now

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
heard accreditation is every four years(not sure),if so you gat to be a lil patient
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Nzecorneboy: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
it shall be well
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by free2ryhme: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
It is on frontpage so abigail relax and stop screaMing
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
This is sad, imagine after spending 5yrs in school.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
the lord is ur strength brother. ....
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by AutopartsUSA: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
federal university of tension..... i see you
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
If na me...i'd burn down d school!!!! angry
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by macanu(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by phayvoursky(m): 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Im a graduate of Statistics from Futo. Formerly Maths and computer science which was split into three; which brought out Maths. Statistics and Computer Science (MCS). It was until recently I found out that statistics department have not been accredited.

Though we still produce graduates and serve under the former(MCS)...

Wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by StArusi: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
After all ds suffering n stress in dat sch called Futo, they will still keep students based on accreditation matter. I hail futoites n alumni of Futo. U guyz are d real heroes. NUC shd do something asap. Totally unfair on d poor graduates!!!

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by tobechi20(m): 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Some apc tout wil start blaming goodluck
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Ricardo2400(m): 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Accreditation issues is d worse thing that can happen 2 any department...I remember when medicine uniben lost deir accreditation, it took dem close to 2yrs to get it back n it ws dat early cos its medicine...it ruined so many ppls lives mostly dose dat had been luking 4 medicine 4 many yrs only 2 get it n had it taken away 4rm dem...Bt I hope 4 d best 4 dose FuTo students

#Alutacontinua
#Zangies!!
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by eleko1: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by ifeanyi317(m): 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Frustration under tension and overload. FUTO my dear no b beans and one company go come out say 24 with nysc discharge certificate chaii OK

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Gozychuks(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
What!! That's my school and course of study. I graduated in 2009. NUC please act fast
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Alexgeneration(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
I really feel for these students,cos its not a funny situation. However,this calls for an eye opener to the Jambites to really research very well before choosing a course and institution to study. Cos if they knew beforehand about this situation,I guess they would have withdrawn from the course or institution.
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by mtprofessor5(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
H

Modified

H
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
tobechi20:
Some apc tout wil start blaming goodluck

I am not with the APC.....but....if your dear Govt had given ASUU the money they asked for....which was largely meant to fund the Universities since 2009....perhaps the University's environmental tech dept would have had the funds to be ready for accreditation.....perhaps we would have had the funds to train lecturers for the university....perhaps.

PDP has not done well on education. Except to build 12 new universities that will fall to bits in the next few years because we do not have adequate funds to maintain them thanks to the fall in oil prices.(And we do not even have enough funds for the old ones).

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by eleko1: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
Burn it down and pay double for it
liveLongNprospa:
If na me...i'd burn down d school!!!! angry
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by mandax: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
Expansion time for tertiary institutions in Owerri, indegenes of Owerri and landlords fight every govt that tried to expand education institutions and facilities to other places in the state outside Owerri.

FUTO problems, like the one in question, usually revolve around the same problems in having five or so universities and polytechnics in Imo state with a student population of about a hundred and twenty thousand, all massed up in and around a small town like Owerri.
Re: Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
WHY OBASANJO ENDORSED BUHARI Why am
taking a swift from supporting General Buhari .
Just few hours ago, Obasanjo endorsed General
Buhari as the man to deliver this nation. I was
personally shocked, when I heard the news. This is
because, I was expecting Baba to stay at the
touch line, and leave Nigerians to study his body
language. But the masquerade could not control
his dance in the public market. Hence he
mistakenly flogged his own mother who is also a
trader in the market. Nigerians, I am left with no
option than to tell us that, these ex-generals and
their boys are up to something. The issue at hand
is not all about the presidential seat. But rather,
the national cake (oil blocks). Less I forget, is it
not the same Obasanjo who woke up and hand
picked his puppet 2011, who eventually grew like
Joseph the messiah of Egypt? Is it not the same
Obj that told us 2011, that General Buhari is too
old to rule this country? Is it not the same Obj that
told us Buhari is a dictator? Somebody should
have a rethink like me. We must understand the
preacher's language before decoding his message.
If Obj can take a swift and prefer General Buhari to
Jonathan, a puppet he dedicated his energy and
resources to win 2011 election, then as an average
Nigerian, we should have a rethink and ask our
leaders what is so special in Aso Rock. If
leadership is to serve the people, why is it that,the
ex-generals finally gang up against their new
recruit on account of change? If we're to outline
the sins of Mr.President, are the ex- generals not
guilty of such sins? One may ask why is SPEAKER
taking a swift? Everybody wants change. But I am
astonished the way and manner these ex- general
joined the train of change. Is it that, this is the first
time they heard the word change? If NO, why did
they not change this country when they were given
opportunity? Why advocating for change now when
the puppet body language shows he Will not renew
their oil blocks licence? Why advocating for change
now, when the puppet purchased equipment to
monitor and reduce vandalism? Why advocating for
change now, when the strong headed puppet wiped
out their ghost names from the civil service pay
roll? Why advocating for change now, when the
puppet sacked your boys as corrupt ministers?
Why advocating for change now, when the puppet
refused to dump Sambo for another puppet? Why
advocating for change when he refused to kill
Nigerians indiscriminatel y. But rather he is
exploiting all means of dialogue. Unlike your Odi
brutal killings and destruction. Why advocating for
change now, when the puppet refused to twist
governors hands with EFCC to pave his way like
you did? Why advocating for change now, when at
72 years, you still tell your children of 50years they
are the leaders of tomorrow? Why advocating for
change now, when the puppet refused to give you
the fertilizer deal? Why advocating for change now,
when the puppet refused to jail your enemies? Why
advocating for change now, when the puppet
refused to rig election for your daughter? Why
advocating for change now, when in your time
railways were not working? Why advocating for
change, when in your time, our judiciary could not
delivered a fair judgement in favour of oppositions?
Baba,Nigerians are fed up of you sitting in Otta,
deciding their future. We want to decide our
destiny with the help of God. We want to practice
true democracy by using our votes to decide our
future. Let the good works or antecedents of our
leaders speak volume for them. Just after the
presidential chat with Mr.President, we discovered
that, you, your colleagues and errant boys, are
spreading false informations to pave your way to
aso rock. Lastly, I challenge you Baba, # Tinubu ,
# Atiku and others to tell Nigerians you don't have
oil blocks or you Generals are not fighting the last
battle to protect your oil blocks. They won't come
out and speak my brothers and sisters. They want
us to believe they are fighting for us. When they
have their own local refineries at their backyards.
R..I.P Fela: Animals wan dash me my human right.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees / UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% / Information About Unaab Admission For The Year 2010/ 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.