Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,803 members, 7,798,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? (30159 Views)

Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 / Is Jonathan Really Bad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Prodeegee:

So what ure saying now is,its a life for life game. Welldone
The killers and kidnappers of both the corpers and chibok girls, where do they come from? Are they not northerners at the same time Muslims? Why are this things not happening in other zones? Just for the simple reason that Power entered South South, it was the birthright of the northerners to continue to rule us because nigeria belongs to them alone. Until we all start thinking well, we ain't going nowhere. Let them continue to kill and kidnap themselves. We encourage them to.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Eluwilussit(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Obj paid off all debts and laid ALL the groungwork for Gej.
What do we have now? An ailing economy, depletion of all reserves and so much borrowing? I pity whoever takes over from Gej. Dt person go hear am

The debts that Obj paid off, where did they come from? So that's all he achieved in 8 yrs and wanted more? Jonathan is investing our money on infrastructures, agriculture, education and the insurgency in the NE.

Baba has no moral standing to criticize Jona. Buhari has no business in the government of today. We need change. I mean real and transparent change. Not this charade by APC.

I will vote for two brothers as president and VP, it doesn't matter whether they are muslims or Christians, Hausa, yoruba or igbo. I want true change that will benefit the people and not some disgruntled politicians who spent most of their careers in PDP before decamping.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by McSpark: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Super statements.
lirusehn:

to you he is not bad. to SOME he is bad . to ME he is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria . nice writeup #teamGej
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by victors123: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Some ppl are so senseless is he jona that kill those corper's is it nt those who are illitrate & senseless in ur village & my village concerning of girls that they kiddnarp is very painful but is nt jona that did that!! Is some ppl who God will soon expose their face soon
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
jdilight:

Its not life for life game. But no life is lest important than the other.

How many times did you talk about the corpers that spend years studying, with little or no food only to be wasted by people who has never taking time to develop their brain.

Anytime a mother who spent her life saving to train a graduate who was murder on a national assignment hear people like you idolizing secondary schools missing children who everyone is prayer to be found in the pretense of sympathy, more tears run throw her eyes.

Their low mentality won't let them reason in that direction

1 Like

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by drey076(m): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jonathan is ok, but he was implicated by thise around him.
He is bad
Sai buhari
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
Eluwilussit:

The debts that Obj paid off, where did they come from? So that's all he achieved in 8 yrs and wanted more? Jonathan is investing our money on infrastructures, agriculture, education and the insurgency in the NE.

Baba has no moral standing to criticize Jona. Buhari has no business in the government of today. We need change. I mean real and transparent change. Not this charade by APC.

I will vote for two brothers as president and VP, it doesn't matter whether they are muslims or Christians, Hausa, yoruba or igbo. I want true change that will benefit the people and not some disgruntled politicians who spent most of their careers in PDP before decamping.
Change dt will benefit the ppl is what we should all crave for.
We need to use the same template for everyone be it obj, gej or gmb.
I gbadun ur view

1 Like

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
darksuit:

grin You see, uhm, Goodluck won d election,
corpers died and chibok girls were kidnapped.
Both happened after he had been elected.
So you see grin
in an attempt to discredit my opinion u ended
up making a fool of urself!
And as prodeegee meant to say, diaris God o
Because u greedy, power hungry northerners never wanted power to relocate to other zones, because nigeria belongs to u alone. Kill urselves the more, we don't care...
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by sanmibukunmi: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
joseph1832:
Don't mind Bog12! Indeed if his sister had been among the kidnapped girls who won't be saying this. I also believe if his cousin or one of his family had been among those who lost their lives in the Immigration Job Scam he won't be saying all he said above. Even if he was among those scammed in the Immigration Job Scam he would really be singing a different tone.

I've noticed a common trend among we Nigerians: as long as something doesn't affect us or our relative we don't seen to care. We sit back and believe everything is okay.

The same can be said with the moslems in the north, when Boko Haram started their killing of just christians and bombing our churches, they all kept mute, as soon as Boko Haram can't distinguish between christian or moslem, the moslems started shouting "Na moslem Boko Haram kill pass christians oh".

I will say it and continue to say it, evil must never be left unchecked, neither should it be condone or ignored, for evil left alone blossoms like a flower. It must be fought constantly so it will not metamorphose. The first stage is to identify the evil. The second stage is to constantly fight against that evil. The last stage is to protect yourself and make damn sure that you don't become the very evil you fight!.
If your brother had been part of those killed because Buhari lost an election last year, would you have voted him Answer that before I continue.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nehemiah459:
In Nairaland, here is the stats as at, 11:30pm Friday, February 13, 2015 Stats: 1311104 members, 1882199 topics. What baffles me is that I haven't seen a topic or anybody saying that his/her sister is among the kidnapped girls. Do you mean to prove to me that among 1.3million members on NL and ...million internet users in Nigeria, there is no one that his/her sister is among them?

I comment my reserve.

NB: I am not affiliated to any political coven.
Don't mind them. We only pretend to believe their propaganda. Cheap people with cheap propaganda. #GEJtill2019
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
joseph1832:
You should also ask where the members of Nairaland reside. I'll bet you that the majority of the members here are from the southern parts of the country! Also if you compare the number of internet users in the south to that of the north, you'll discover that the south have more internet users.
Are u indirectly saying that the northerners are uneducated and so cannot make use of the internet? Am waiting for ur response o
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
kaecy5:

Bros please when my Gej says stealing is our major problem not just corruption we claim he is mad. Which govt in naija does not inflate contract prices.

Every economist in the world knows that capital expenditures drive the economy. He has spent a lot of money to fix our infrastructure and it is driving the economy. That's why our economy is rated with the likes of Qatar and China.

I really wish every one will do their jobs in naija and stop pointing fingers. If I pay land use charge I expect the state govt to fix the road and not point hands at the fg
Bros, let us be truthful. Dis administration is as corrupt as it gets.
Which infrastructure r we talking abt dt used up almost all of our reserves IN THE TIMES OF AN OIL BOOM? Which ones? Even to the extent of borrowing so much without comenaurate achievement?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by saintandsinnerz: 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Kazrem:

1. He signed the FOI bill yet some heavily armed men bumped into a printing house last week and destroyed the about to be launched book on reasons why GEJ shouldn't be voted. FOI my foot.
2. He approved 18k minimum wage but universities students and poly students spend more than a year at home because of strike.
3. 25,000km ? What a lie. Lagos to London is about 5000km. So if GEJ had constructed 25000km it means he has constructed 5 times the distance from Lagos to London. Lagos Ibadan expressway is a proof.
5. Free and fair election indeed. Ekiti election is not too far to be forgotten and the evidence that it was rigged is abound.
12. Employed more youths or sent more to unforgotten dilemma unexpectedly? I believe you are not in Nigeria when the NIS scam test was conducted.

I can go on to rubbish the non sense you posted but don't have that time.

You don't sound intelligent! So you are insinuating that all the federal roads in Nigeria is not more than 5000km?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by tammie24: 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
Help me ask them oooo.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Emmanuel602(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
He has really performed all round but failed woefully in security... Which is enough reason for change in Nigeria..don't quote me but put yourself in the shoe of people that has lost relatives and property due to insecurit. Only then will you know that we need change
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Bwaal(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
kodded:

news about the strike or you leave this place
posibly u are nt a student infact u re nt a Nigerian
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
bsjay:

Don't mind them. We only pretend to believe their propaganda. Cheap people with cheap propaganda. #GEJtill2019
R u saying the girls were not kidnapped? R u saying Baga was not raided? R u saying dt we have not lost 14 lg's?
Do u want to live in denial like ur presido until it became too late?
Pls feel d pain of others and stop making a fool of urself in a public forum
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by j4sure(m): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
No. Is not really ooooooo
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nehemiah459:
What of Facebook, Twitter, and other media houses. Nobody has ever granted interview about his/her missing sister.
None of the chibok girls had brothers nor sisters. Not even parents cos I can still recall that the first lady of that state invited the parents of those girls but no one showed up. Federal Govt did same, no one showed up. Even in the video showing the so called chibok girls, many of them were smiling with happiness on their faces. Who are these Association of Past Criminals/Aggrieved Peoples' Congress(APC) trying to deceive?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by anwo247: 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obasanjo/Atiku had 8 years but couldnt fix
power!!!
Fashola and Tinubu had 16years in lagos they
couldnt fix all the roads in lagos and couldnt
give
lagosians portable water to mention few.
GEJ has spent 5years + as President of over
170m
people and they want
him to overnight turn Nigeria into a paradise.
They
call him names,
Clueless, Foolish, some even said he is silly
e.t.c. But...
(1) He built 150 almajiri schools.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(2) He revived railway that was comatose for
over
28yrs. Lagos-
Kano route,Lagos-Southern Ogun air condition
train route,Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge
route,
PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH
Maiduguri
train route, Kaduna intra- city train
routes,Makurdi-PH airconditioned train route,
Abuja- Kaduna standard guage route. Work on
Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing.
And
about to kickstart Lagos-Calabar coastal
railway
route. Yet Goodluck is bad.
(3) He established 12 federal universities.Yet
Goodluck is bad.
Massive road reconstruction across the
country
(25000km). Benin-
Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu-
Abakaliki, Onitsha-
Owerri road, Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-
West
road, Parts of PH-
Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road
ongoing.
Yet Goodluck is
bad.
(4 ) Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is
ongoing..Yet Goodluck is
bad.
( 5) He dredged River Niger..Yet Goodluck is
bad.
(6) Improved power supply from 2500mw to
6000mw and
implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck
is
bad.
( 7) He revived the automobile industry with
the
new automobile
policy spurring Nissan&Hyundai e.t.c to
assemble/
produce cars in
Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous
automobile company the
INNOSON group now producing locally made
in
Nigeria cars, SUVs
and trucks known as the IVM motors First in
the
history of Nigeria,
She joined the commodity of car
manufacturing
countries..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
( He remodeled airports to international
standard,built five new
airport terminals in PH, Lagos,Kano, Abuja &
Enugu. First in the
history of Nigeria, the East now have an
international airport..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI)
bill past
leaders refused
to sign..Yet Jonathan is bad.
(10) He revamped the agricultural sector.
Nigeria
now the largest producer of cassava in the
world
with 45million metric tonnes-FAO, the largest
exporter of cassava chips to China and have
unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice
production.Yet Goodluck is bad.
(11) He gave women 35% affirmative to
women
participation in
governance which saw the emergence of
Muktar as
the first ever
female Chief Justice of Nigeria..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(12) He was able to contain the outbreak of
Ebola
disease..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(13) No more long queues at filling
stations..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(14) Nigeria manufacture her first ever locally
made
drone..
Yet Goodluck is badj
(15) He signed local content act. Nigeria now
have
400 tankers
transporting crude oil.Previously it was 60
tankers.
Yet Goodluck is
bad.
(16) His government recorded an
unprecedented
achievement in
sports, best sporting performance in the
history of
country..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(17) Nigeria is now the largest economy in
Africa
and the
3rd fastest growing economy in the world
after
China and Qatar--
CNN..Yet Goodluck is bad.
(18) He made it possible for Nigeria to
conduct the
most free, fair &
credible election in the history of the country
(2011
election). Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(19) He does not interfere with the electoral
and
judiciary
system.Elections in Imo, Anambra,Osun, Ondo
and
Edo are examples. In the
history of Nigeria, is only in his government
the
opposition
controlled large number of states and
controlled
greater number of
seats in the National Assembly..Yet Goodluck
is
bad.
(20) Under his government,political
assassination
and
assassination of high profile Nigerians is now
a
thing of the past.
Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige,
FunshoWilliams,
Marshall Harry,
Aminisoari Dikibo,Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro
Wiwa,
Kudirat
Abiola,NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his
wife
Abigail Igwe? In
whose governments were all these murdered?
I
can go on and give
you about 100 high profile political
assassination
in Obasanjo's
civilian rule alone..Yet President Goodluck
Jonathan is bad and so
unacceptable to you.
(21) GEJ approved 2,564 vehicles for police
for free
and fair elections and some bad eggs still
complain
that he is not working.
I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS
WILL
BE JUDGED
NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE
CONTENT OF
THEIR CHARACTER. I hereby challenge anybody
to
bring forward
the achievements of Buhari, Babangida,
Abacha and
Obasanjo.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND PUNISH THE
ENEMIES OF
NIGERIA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by saintandsinnerz: 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
Akinz0126:
Seriously GEJ is not a bad man Hope you guys havnt forgotten a popular saying that "Show me your friends and I'll tell You Whom you are"So the explanation to this popular saying is not far fetched categories of people GEJ surrounded himself with,tells. Us the kind of person he's eg drug barons,criminals,murderers to mention but afew.The greatest mistake he ever made to me was the privatisation of Electricity
.Lobatan after which they started giving us false hope and deceitful expectations.

Privatizing electricity is the greatest mistake he made? Really? Hmmm what do you guys smoke over there?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by darediamond(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Couldyou pleasesubstatiate your claims with verifyable FACTS expecially that your acclaimed "ogogoro" drunkerdnes by him?
alaoeri:
GEJ is not only bad but also consume too much of ogogoro & runs a mediocre government which we can't afford for another 4years.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by darediamond(m): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
And that means the beginning of failure for them all.
#GEJ till the Scam called "1 naijeria" is no more.
Orunto:
GEJ IS EDUCATED AND BLUFFING ALL OUR FORMER ILLITERATE LEADERS. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE JEALOUS. THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANY BETTER SYSTEM DESIGNER LIKE HIM BEFORE. THEY ARE JUST SHAMELESSLY BLEEPING HIM LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTRE AND HE IS WINNING. GEJ TILL 2019!!!!
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by lordprosh(m): 1:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bog12:
Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? Am not a Politician but I was just evaluating GEJ so far in the office, yes he is corrupt! whenever the body is rotten the head is bad so he is corrupt so do all other past Leaders but.....

1] Goodluck Jonathan signed FOI bill that Obasanjo refused to sign and you join then in saying that Goodluck is bad.

2] Goodluck approved N18,000 Minimum wage from N7,500 Which Obasanjo refused to sign and you say that Goodluck is bad and NYSC
allowance from N7,500 to nearly approved N39,500, yet they say he is bad.

3] Goodluck dualized federal roads (about 25,000km) which Obasanjo and past Govts abandoned and you say Goodluck is bad.

4] The rail system is working now, with little budget But Obasanjo Sunk billions of dollars without result, other pasts leader ignored and you
say that Goodluck is bad.

5] Goodluck has been conducting free and fair elections whereas the ones conducted under Obasanjo are Shameful and national disgrace yet
you say Goodluck is bad.

6] Goodluck established 12 new universities, 9 in the North to improve learning and knowledge and increase the Jambites admission rate, yet
you say that Goodluck is bad.

7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for Northern abandoned street children and those deprived of education by their own people and
you say Goodluck is bad.

8] Goodluck has been building dams and improving the country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW - And successfully privatized the sector
which many analyst believed is the best way to go and you joined them say that Goodluck is bad.

9] Agriculture have been revamped and for the first time in Nigerian history, Food prices came down during Christmas, instead of skyrocketing
and you say that he is a bad President.

10] 2013 and 2014 was the Christmas in Nigeria, where Nigerian did not sleep in filling stations for 3 to 4 days to get Petrol or 100s of people
being roasted alive in attempts to get fuel in petrol stations, wickedly, you joined them to say that our God given President is not
performing.

11] Airports are wearing world class looks and every zone have International airport and you say Goodluck is bad.

12] This administration has employed more people in their 5years in office than any other in the history of Nigeria [Via Agric, Energy sector,16 New Car Companies, 12 New Universities, 3,826 primary Health care Centers, Teaching Hospitals] SURE-P, YOUWIN and you say Goodluck is bad. Now do you think that General Muhammadu Buhari will perform magic, which he could not do when he was in his 40s, if you vote him?

What else do they want from President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?
U didn't include that in 2012-2013 he organized the industrial training of over 10000. Nigerian youths in all state of d nation
He gave allowances for the period of 3months which the program lasted.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by OGeeKush(m): 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
seriously I never knew he did all those.. thumbs up gej.. I still support buhari tho
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by fikki1: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
In my opinion, GEJ might be good, but he is surrounded by fools, and he is too careless in his speeches and the way he runs govt.. I do not dislike him before but since he said all polytechnic student are failures, i hate him. I dnt support any political party...cos all of dem are the same.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Dewze(m): 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
joseph1832:

....I will say it and continue to say it, evil must never be left unchecked, neither should it be condone or ignored, for evil left alone blossoms like a flower. It must be fought constantly so it will not metamorphose. The first stage is to identify the evil. The second stage is to constantly fight against that evil. The last stage is to protect yourself and make damn sure that you don't become the very evil you fight!.

Yes, you are very right here, but you can not and should not use evil to fight evil. You can not and should not use evil to replace evil.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by kodded(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bwaal:
posibly u are nt a student infact u re nt a Nigerian
dude am a student and i have not heard about any strike

please tell me the school buhari built ?
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by bsjay(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
UmarS25:

you are definately blind, and i believe you are paid to campaign for him online... I guess you should go meet a human engineer to rehabilitate you
U ended up not making any points. That makes u a fool amongst fools.
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Dewze(m): 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
ellechrystal:
No he isn't, he just came at a bad tym

And to the wrong people, I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Commissions Nigeria Immigration Center In South Africa (photos) / UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard / What Atiku Told Reno Omokri About Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.