Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? (47767 Views)

The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / Thread For Born Out Of Wedlock Nlers / Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Does anybody know what the Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? I am left to raise a child alone without any income. I lost my job when I was pregnant with the baby. I moved in with my baby daddy when I was 3 months pregnant due to pressure from my immediate family, we lived together till I gave birth. After the baby was born, he chased me out of the house of which I borrowed him money to rent. I ve moved back into my family house with the baby. He has not paid me back the money I borrowed him and he is not assisting me in anyway to raise the child. I want to take this up with the law but I cannot afford the fee I may be charged and I am also worried I might not win the case because we are not married. Please I need your candid opinions

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Talking to myself " why didn't I study law? " cry cry cry

OP, I feel for you.......I pray you get a good lawyer who will help out without collecting any charges. Some men are just wicked and very annoying.

16 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
I don't have any advice for you. But, I have wonderful, powerful, cute & lovely tonda to faya dat guy finish.. Is he a baboon wey be sey monkey go work finish& hin go come sidon stretch leg mak he bigin chop, abeg which side he dey live mak I direct the tonda dia mak e fayaram finish..

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by delishpot: 1:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
If its his DNA, marriage or not, he has the responsibility of helping raise that child, financialy or otherwise. That is my take on the mater.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Shittaakeem(m): 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
locate the woman -child organisation(s).
they take cases like this serious, it's an abuse to the rights of a woman/child.

...but, why didn't you take Postinor2?

31 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
"......................and I am also worried I might not win the case..."

there is more to this story.

6 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by delishpot: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
shadowgwalker:
they take cases like this serious, it's an abuse to the rights of a woman/child.

Maybe she did not know it. My only concern with these pregnancies is the unprotected sex! If she can catch bele, she could also catch HIV. But all in all, we thank God that it wasnt that bad and she has another chance.
I hope she get the help she need.

12 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I don't have any advice for you. But, I have wonderful, powerful, cute & lovely tonda to faya dat guy finish.. Is he a baboon wey be sey monkey go work finish& hin go come sidon stretch leg mak he bigin chop, abeg which side he dey live mak I direct the tonda dia mak e fayaram finish..
egbeda, lagos
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
MrPresident:
"......................and I am also worried I might not win the case..."

there is more to this story.
there isn't more to the story. Why I said I am worried is because we re not married

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
shadowgwalker:

this question is immaterial. The deed has been done. When he discovered I was pregnant, he kept insisting I keep the baby.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
delishpot:
If its his DNA, marriage or not, he has the responsibility of helping raise that child, financialy or otherwise. That is my take on the mater.

under which law.

my dear op ,move on.

find a man that will love and accept you and the baby or give the child up for adoption ,get your life back and hunt the guy down later with whatever is left in you provided you are certain he is the biological father of the child.

there are however many reasons why a guy should chase out a woman who had a child for him.

are you lazy or dirty, do you try to rub shoulders with him or talk rudely back at him when he is talking. African men don't like this things i have listed except those that are very informed, even at that, he can still chase you out except he loves you without measure.

my advice is move on. there is no law encouraging child bearing out of wedlock or protecting those involved in it, he did not rape you or abuse or in any way rather he sent you packing.

An insane man will make an attempt at your life so you or the child dont even come back for him

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
aguiyi:

under which law.

my dear op ,move on.

find a man that will love and accept you and the baby or give the child up for adoption ,get your life back and hunt the guy down later with whatever is left in you provided you are certain he is the biological father of the child.

there are however many reasons why a guy should chase out a woman who had a child for him.

are you lazy or dirty, do you try to rub shoulders with him or talk rudely back at him when he is talking. African men don't like this things i have listed except those that are very informed, even at that, he can still chase you out except he loves you without measure.

my advice is move on. there is no law encouraging child bearing out of wedlock or protecting those involved in it, he did not rape you or abuse or in any way rather he sent you packing.

An insane man will make an attempt at your life so you or the child dont even come back for him
I am not lazy, neither am I dirty. When I say he chased me out, it is not d picture u imagine. He kept saying I should leave the house that he actually tot he was ready for marriage but he is not ready to be a husband or father. When I got tired of hearing this, I moved out

16 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
dominion247:
egbeda, lagos
I need color of d house, wich kind motor hin dey ride& d color, how hin dey physically(short or tall, fat or slim). Infact, giv me beta description of him so d tonda no go miss target..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I need color of d house, wich kind motor hin dey ryt & d color, how hin dey physically(short or tall, fat or slim). Infact, giv me beta description of him so d tonda no go miss target..
lol re u kidding me? I can send u his picture

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
dominion247:
lol re u kidding me? I can send u his picture
no wori ya sef, na on top hin matter d gods dey naw..

22 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by delishpot: 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
aguiyi:

under which law.

my dear op ,move on.

I clearly stated it was my take on the subject.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by delishpot: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I need color of d house, wich kind motor hin dey ryt & d color, how hin dey physically(short or tall, fat or slim). Infact, giv me beta description of him so d tonda no go miss target..

Lobatan! grin grin.

3 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
dominion247:
I am not lazy, neither am I dirty. When I say he chased me out, it is not d picture u imagine. He kept saying I should leave the house that he actually tot he was ready for marriage but he is not ready to be a husband or father. When I got tired of hearing this, I moved out

hope you are not idle and is he financially capable of providing for the 3 of you
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=aguiyi post=30697021]

hope you are not idle and is he financially capable of providing for the 3 of you[/quote I lost my job due to pregnancy
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
aguiyi:

hope you are not idle and is he financially capable of providing for the 3 of you
I lost my job during pregnancy. To an extent he is.
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
dominion247:
I lost my job during pregnancy. To an extent he is.

sorry dear, you've been through a lot sha.

just move on , if he truly loves you like you had thought, he would come for you. but if the love is not there, i advice you move on. if you guys were married and he died, what would you have done.

6 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
Someone please help me answer

Just like the story the Op narrated, I have a friend ( a girl) the dad left them in the hospital when
Her 2nd sister was born. He was never married to the mum.
Now my friend is like 20yrs and her kid sis is 19.
If you are a guy, can you marry such girl? Knowing that she was brought up by a single mum which she might want to someday divorce because of her up bringing... And since she doesn't know her dad, who collects bride prize?
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
dominion247:
this question is immaterial. The deed has been done. When he discovered I was pregnant, he kept insisting I keep the baby.
ok, my point here is for the man to take responsibility. it has happened to me, by God's grace I was with her thru out and we'll get married this year. this is because I understand that it is 'wickedness ' to abandon both, even if I say I want to follow the 'worldly system '.

I suggest you get to relate with what I suggested previously. I don't know where you reside but there are lots of organisations out there. Google and see, and they all have lawyers to fight for you. I'm serious.

2 Likes

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by yurme(m): 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
_
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Beehshorp(m): 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
[/b]The law says desist from pre marital sex[b]
Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by holatin(m): 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Am nt pro child outside wedlock but by d time you reach 40 yrs with no wife or husband, u go forget about naija law and wedlock

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Forget the law, no law in the jungle.

Forget the money before he sends someone to kill you over small change.

Look for a new start for you and your baby.

Learn from your past mistake and move on.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by Tgold1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
shake my d*ck

1 Like

Re: what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? by kandiikane(m): 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
I do not understand why people are looking for faults. This lady could have been the best thing since sliced bread to him but maybe he just did not want to do anymore. It happens! It doesn't mean the woman was dirty or outspoken. It is not by force to be with someone if your heart is not there anymore, the woman's main concern is her child. The man needs to take responsibility. I am not that much familiar with naija law so those that know should answer instead of fishes for things the woman may have been doing which led to her being asked to leave. She does not care about your opinion but that of the law.

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.