Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,753 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago (30796 Views)

Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Oyinbo Man And His Nigerian Wife In Lovely Photo / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 14, 2015
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa man has been convicted of beating his wife to death with a baseball bat.

A Hillsborough County jury found 56-year-old Olufemi Ademoye guilty Friday of second-degree murder. He faces 25 years to life in prison at his March sentencing.

Authorities say Ademoye and his wife, Juliet Ademoye, got into an argument at their Tampa home in June 2010, and Olufemi Ademoye later went to a neighbor’s house to tell them his wife had a heart attack. The neighbors called 911, and when deputies responded, they found the wife covered in blood. Deputies found the wife’s blood throughout the house and on an aluminum baseball bat.

Defense attorneys argued that Juliet Ademoye died from an accidental fall.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/31/man-guilty-of-fatally-beating-wife-with-bat/#ixzz3RgAmB1dp
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cococandy(f): 3:59am On Feb 14, 2015
Only 25yrs? undecided

And he's so dumb he tried to pass it off as heart attack. Did he think no one would ask or do investigations?

You gotta fear these defense lawyers. Accidents Fall indeed.

8 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 14, 2015
cococandy:
Only 25yrs? undecided

And he's so dumb he tried to pass it off as heart attack. Did he think no one would ask or do investigations?

But nne if you hear the full gist,the woman did him wrong
The man found out their only child and son was fathered by her lover in Nigeria that she had kept in touch with for all 20 years and she was planning to leave him for the man.
A respectable pharmacist,the man snapped

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by purplesummer(f): 5:52am On Feb 14, 2015
cococandy:
Only 25yrs? undecided

25yrs is the least prison term he will get, the maximum being life imprisonment. He has not been sentenced yet.

I prefer the Nigerian punishment where murderers get capital punishment. Does better justice.

3 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 14, 2015
Ademoye's trial centers around what took place in his north Tampa home the night of June 16, 2010. Prosecutors said that was the night he stumbled upon emails suggesting his wife was planning to leave him. On the receiving end of those emails was another man, who lived in Nigeria, and in whom Juliet confided about her unhappy marriage. She sent the man a picture of her teenage son. "This is a photo of your son Seun," she wrote.

Enraged by his wife's infidelity, Ademoye called a relative, who told him to spend the night in a hotel and cool off. He promised he would, said Assistant State Attorney Kristen Over, but first he wanted to make a brief stop at home to get his passport and some money.

That errand turned into hours of arguing that ended in Juliet's murder, Over said. The next morning, Ademoye ran out of his house, wearing only his underwear, and asked his neighbors to call 911. When paramedics arrived, they found him trying to resuscitate his wife as she lay on their bed, cool to the touch.

"She fell in the bathroom," he told them.

Prosecutors said the wounds on Juliet's body suggested she had been stabbed repeatedly and beaten with her son's T-ball bat. The trauma was so severe, prosecutors said, that fat embolisms traveled to her lungs, causing her to suffocate.

Briefly left alone in an interview room, Ademoye was recorded talking to himself, Over said. "Father, forgive me for my sins," he said. "I am done for."

If found guilty, Ademoye faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

In his opening statements on Tuesday, Cohen argued that prosecutors had judged the situation too hastily, placing blame on Ademoye without understanding what had killed Juliet.

If she had been bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat, she would have brain injuries, he said, but she had none. If she died by suffocation, then why did the medical examiner find her lung tissue was "pink and aerated," he said, meaning "the lungs are fine"?

Ademoye did not want to kill his wife, Cohen said, but he did want to shame her.

Pointing to phone records, Cohen said Ademoye spent hours that night calling family members to tattle on his wife. Worse than being cuckolded was the fact that the wife's lover practiced voodoo, an often-stigmatized religion that was a "no-no" in Ademoye's culture, Cohen said.

After making those calls, Ademoye went to sleep, his attorney said. How his wife injured herself, and how her blood ended up on the baseball bat were interesting questions. But the prosecution's version could not be proved, Cohen maintained.

"It was an accident," he said.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/murder-trial-of-nigerian-pharmacist-begins-in-tampa/2213482

2 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 14, 2015
I do feel sorry for this man though.This will make any man lose his mind,your only son belonging to someone else?
Where is coogar,this one is right up his territory grin grin grin

Why the blatant lies though by the defence?

8 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cococandy(f): 6:17am On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

The man found out their only child and son was fathered by her lover in Nigeria that she had kept in touch with for all 20 years and she was planning to leave him for the man.
shocked shocked

In that case the jury wil be lenient with him.

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cococandy(f): 6:28am On Feb 14, 2015
He's so obviously guilty. He should have plead guilty. There's no one who hears his story that won't be at least moved to pity him a bit.
A guilty plea would have had him sentenced for the minimum of sentence for manslaughter and with good behavior he would have gotten out on less.

Now that his lawyer let it go to trial, the prosecution can have the jury believe it was premeditated. I.e he saw the e-mails and planned and executed the murder. Very easy to swing it that way.

Double wahala for him. The son is as good as an orphan while he rots in prison.

He should have just listened to the bro that asked him to not go home at that moment.
His divorce would have been through by now and he'd be moving on with his life instead of moving into prison.

But his defense mumu sha.
Which one are they selling? That it was an accident or that they quarreled over her infidelity which resulted in the fight?
They couldn't stick to their story.
No wonder they won't win.

babyosisi:
Ademoye's trial centers around what took place in his north Tampa home the night of June 16, 2010. Prosecutors said that was the night he stumbled upon emails suggesting his wife was planning to leave him. On the receiving end of those emails was another man, who lived in Nigeria, and in whom Juliet confided about her unhappy marriage. She sent the man a picture of her teenage son. "This is a photo of your son Seun," she wrote.

Enraged by his wife's infidelity, Ademoye called a relative, who told him to spend the night in a hotel and cool off. He promised he would, said Assistant State Attorney Kristen Over, but first he wanted to make a brief stop at home to get his passport and some money.

That errand turned into hours of arguing that ended in Juliet's murder, Over said. The next morning, Ademoye ran out of his house, wearing only his underwear, and asked his neighbors to call 911. When paramedics arrived, they found him trying to resuscitate his wife as she lay on their bed, cool to the touch.

"She fell in the bathroom," he told them.

Prosecutors said the wounds on Juliet's body suggested she had been stabbed repeatedly and beaten with her son's T-ball bat. The trauma was so severe, prosecutors said, that fat embolisms traveled to her lungs, causing her to suffocate.

Briefly left alone in an interview room, Ademoye was recorded talking to himself, Over said. "Father, forgive me for my sins," he said. "I am done for."

If found guilty, Ademoye faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

In his opening statements on Tuesday, Cohen argued that prosecutors had judged the situation too hastily, placing blame on Ademoye without understanding what had killed Juliet.

If she had been bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat, she would have brain injuries, he said, but she had none. If she died by suffocation, then why did the medical examiner find her lung tissue was "pink and aerated," he said, meaning "the lungs are fine"?

Ademoye did not want to kill his wife, Cohen said, but he did want to shame her.

Pointing to phone records, Cohen said Ademoye spent hours that night calling family members to tattle on his wife. Worse than being cuckolded was the fact that the wife's lover practiced voodoo, an often-stigmatized religion that was a "no-no" in Ademoye's culture, Cohen said.

After making those calls, Ademoye went to sleep, his attorney said. How his wife injured herself, and how her blood ended up on the baseball bat were interesting questions. But the prosecution's version could not be proved, Cohen maintained.

"It was an accident," he said.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/murder-trial-of-nigerian-pharmacist-begins-in-tampa/2213482

3 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 14, 2015
cococandy:
shocked shocked

In that case the jury wil be lenient with him.

I sincerely hope not. Bludgeoning her to death with a baseball bat? I hope he gets the max sentence.

But hey, he won't mind it according to some NL sickos, right? As long as she won't get 'his' house in the divorce and he'll never have to pay her any child support, it's all worth it, not so? So congratulations to him for a successful show, I guess. Enjoy prison!

11 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by cococandy(f): 6:51am On Feb 14, 2015
ileobatojo:

I sincerely hope not. Bludgeoning her to death with a baseball bat? I hope he gets the max sentence.

But hey, he won't mind it according to some NL sickos, right? As long as she won't get 'his' house in the divorce and he'll never have to pay her any child support, it's all worth it, not so? So congratulations to him for a successful show, I guess. Enjoy prison!
i believe they can be moved to leniency if the defense convinces them that he didn't mean to kill her but that they had a provoked shouting match that resulted in a fight.

Now note that there were stab marks on her corpse too. So apart from beating her up with the baseball bat,he also stabbed her.

Goodluck to him

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by njuwo(m): 7:00am On Feb 14, 2015
In America, Justice after 4 years. And someone would be saying Nigeria's court system is slow, America is even slower, or is it because she was a Nigerian? Anyhow sha it's better late than never.
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 14, 2015
njuwo:
In America, Justice after 4 years. And someone would be saying Nigeria's court system is slow, America is even slower, or is it because she was a Nigerian? Anyhow sha it's better late than never.

Una don find the person wey kill Dele Giwa?
Bola Ige nko?
Kudirat Abiola
Funsho Williams
Dipo Dina
Tony hamzat
You want me to continue?

30 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 14, 2015
he will appeal the judgment. I don't blame him,.naija women abroad are simply the reincarnation of Jezebel

2 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Una don find the person wey kill Dele Giwa?
Bola Ige nko?
Kudirat Abiola
Funsho Williams
Dipo Dina
Tony hamzat
You want me to continue?
Kudirat got partial justice when her killers where sentenced to death, few weeks later, they were released. Half bread is better than none
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 14, 2015
cococandy:
i believe they can be moved to leniency if the defense convinces them that he didn't mean to kill her but that they had a provoked shouting match that resulted in a fight.

Now note that there were stab marks on her corpse too. So apart from beating her up with the baseball bat,he also stabbed her.

Goodluck to him

Even worse. After bludgeoning her, he went and grabbed a knife to make sure he finished her off completely. What an animal. 25yrs is too lenient.

6 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 14, 2015
^^ so bc they r reincarnation of jezebel u will take law into ur hand?

Hear urself!

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 14, 2015
ileobatojo:

Even worse. After bludgeoning her, he went and grabbed a knife to make sure he finished her off completely. What an animal. 25yrs is too lenient.

I noticed something one day.
We were at d medical centre for some immunization stuff when I and one mother started gisting about family.
She has 4 children and a maid. She was complaining bitterly about d maid and that she will send her home and look for another one. So I asked her what about her children,dont they help?

She said her first is a son and don't do any thing in d house except eat,play,sleep and go to school. That d daddy said no son of his will do a woman's work.
He is up to 13 yet can't wash his clothes or plates.

I hv noticed this trend some places.
Now tell me,how will they behave if they r psychologically wired like this?

Parents will think they r being smart and following some archaic cultural norms while they bred monsters all over.

I sometimes read posts here and wonder if we r on d same planet earth with these creatures.

Parents pls train ur children well and see them become a treasure to d society.

Father's and would be father's, dont leave ur work to d wife.

And those with babymama everywhere,pls go and put a ring on it and give that child a societal sense of belonging. It's getting out of hand.

It's in this lagos I noticed that babymama industry surpass d marriage industry by far.
Nobody knows what d effect is on the kids.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2015
moca:

We were at d medical centre for some immunization stuff when I and one mother started gisting about family.
She has 4 children and a maid. She was complaining bitterly about d maid and that she will send her home and look for another one. So I asked her what about her children,dont they help?
She said her first is a son and don't do any thing in d house except eat,play,sleep and go to school. That d daddy said no son of his will do a woman's work.
He is up to 13 yet can't wash his clothes or plates
I hv noticed this trend some places.
Now tell me,how will they behave if they r psychologically wired like this?
Parents will think they r being smart and following some archaic cultural norms while they bred monsters all over.
I sometimes read posts here and wonder if we r on d same planet earth with these creatures.
Parents pls train ur children well and see them become a treasure to d society.
Father's and would be father's, dont leave ur work to d wife.
And those with babymama everywhere,pls go and put a ring on it and give that child a societal sense of belonging. It's getting out of hand.
It's in this lagos I noticed that babymama industry surpass d marriage industry by far.
Nobody knows what d effect is on the kids.

Imagine that? In 2015?

These types of ridiculous attitudes being instilled simply do not help matters at all.

11 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 14, 2015
moca:

He is up to 13 yet can't wash his clothes or plates.

13? Cannot wash clothes?

At 13....i could not only wash my clothes....I could iron them too

And here I was thinking I was not mature enough at 13....... grin

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2015
Another Yoruba man again. Yoruba people committing first degree crime home and abroad since 17 BC. God go help Una ooo. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by EfemenaXY: 9:26am On Feb 14, 2015
ileobatojo:

And 25 years isn't really 25 years. I don't know how it is in the States, but over here, night and day count as a day each. Plus, as was mentioned earlier, he could get off sooner, on parole if he is of good behaviour.

No. He should be given the death sentence. Too bad hanging till half dead, pulling out his entrails alive and throwing into the fire before his eyes, then beheading and quartering as a deterrent have been abolished.

Middle Ages / medieval crimes deserve medieval punishments.

In the absence of those, the electric chair should do just fine.

4 Likes

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by mrlaw93(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2015
Is it a movie? Watz the title abeg
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by chinchong: 9:28am On Feb 14, 2015
A NEW DAY OF BOOKING SPACE HAS COME!!!
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by elantraceey(f): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2015
No matter how hurt one is violence or murder is not the solution , he should be served what he deserves
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by youngwarlocks: 9:29am On Feb 14, 2015
okokobioko
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Nutase: 9:30am On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by zeezboy(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2015
God of d poor nd helpless!
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by itzWarner(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2015
Who will be my val??
Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by Truckpusher(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2015
Someone fuccking snapped and he's going to have a nice time in jail. grin

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by demelza: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Chai!
Now I understand why coogar is always antagonistic towards women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago by ultraawesome(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2015
Slow judicial system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Woman Expressing Her Joy As She Becomes A Mrs / Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? / I Need A Strong Advice Concerning My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.