Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? (8051 Views)

How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by mamba(m): 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2005
o' boy, i tried my best to use all the cash but no way.. i called till i felt pains in my ear, that was when i realized that mobile phones are ticking time bombs waiting to explode, i actually felt the radiation in my brain & inner ear, never stayed so long on a mobile phone b4.. i hope MTN gets this kinda fault regularly cos i'll use my handsfree next time it happens & menn, NO MERCY THIS TIME.. Someone i know had same good fortune & used the cash to load Super booster card, now using for business centre.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by otokx(m): 8:22am On Oct 24, 2005
mamba should get ready to refund MTN unless he never intends to use that particular line again. MTN beats the rest of the pack on network coverage, i think we should be a bit more objective.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Seun(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2005
They have been known to deduct such credits after the fact. I know a lady that stoped making calls on her MTN line because each time she loaded a recharge card on her phone, the amount will imediately be deducted by the MTN billing system because of free calls she made on her phone one weekend when their system wasn't working properly!
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by uchetobi(f): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2005
But i know someone that made free calls too. and she's been loading and her money isnt being deducted
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by mamba(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2005
Mine(MTN) has never been deducted b4 (though it's not my preferred line cos I use Vmobile and glo)..
I've always been lucky and seem to know whenever there's a problem with their system, especially at night.. I've also eaten Vmobile and Mtel's money on several occasions too, it's really sweet whenever this happens..

The only network that I've not been able to enjoy their money for free so far is glo, it seems their security level is the highest IMO.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Owen(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2005
Thats because they are the best!!
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by otokx(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2005
for the past 2 weeks making and receiving calls on the MTN network has been diabolical, thank God i have an alternate line which is vmobile.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by natasha: 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2005
my Vmobile line in Nigeria gave me free calls anytime, anyday to all networks worldwide which was like whaoo. though i'm no more based in 9ja, my friends on MTN have never praised d network for once. I for one don't thnik i would recommend it to anyone for real, cos i saw how MTN dazed my mum and brothas who were their subscribers till other networks came to their rescue. As far as i'm concerned, MTN is crab. All they offer are BROKEN PROMISES.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by natasha: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2005
The NCC and the House of assembly who should caution MTN will never do that because they are all shareholders in MTN
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by bagoma(f): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2005
@ natasha,
talk about mtn and broken promises, do you recall the "make a wish" promo? where they asked subscribers to make christmas wishes, via sms(which they charged maximum #15 for) what came out of it? did you hear of anyone who got his wish via mtn? ahhh, na today? christmas is approaching and i bet they'll be at it again.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by garba(m): 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2005
i dont blame mtn,those who stick up with mtn subscription should carry the blame.as for me,i ditched mine eons ago.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Owen(m): 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2005
Exactly.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by owo(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2005
guess the topic of this post should be changed to
mtn nigeria is a failure... true or true
answer: true and nothing but the absolute truth
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by bagoma(f): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2005
grin grin grin
owo:

guess the topic of this post should be changed to
mtn nigeria is a failure... true or true
answer: true and nothing but the absolute truth
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by lagbaja(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2005
MTN is a fraud to say the least and they are very arrogant like we already acknowledged, i think this South Africans are just out here to cheat us.

I was shocked to read in trhe dailies that they already did a turn over of N116Billion in 6 months for this financial year, gosh !!!, Nigerians pays one of the highest rates for calls internationally and gets the least quality for it, and they will be fast to tell you its because of NEPA, NCC to me seems a lame  duck and the House of Rep are already compromised, they get their regualar monthly graft that comes as phone credit from MTN ( i don't know if it has stopped now).

I think we should revolt somehow to stop this fraud from continuing. To me, they are a major contributor to the poverty Index in Nigeria because nigerians now spends most of their disposable income on calls that hardly go through. N116Billion Naira in Six Months is just too much angry
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Fdeveloper(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2005
As myself and many others have said several times, the most effective way to "revolt" is to stop using the service. Absolutely nobody in Nigeria is forced to use MTN
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by uchetobi(f): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2005
uummm true
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by koni: 10:12am On Dec 21, 2005
Of course, MTN upsets me so much and to guard against self-inflicted ulcer, I will definitely buy a V-mobile line this week. Its just N200 with N100 free airtime. The corporate policy of MTN is definely based on lies and cheating, and besides they are sacking Nigerians. All their recharge cards are over priced, they are trying to pull an elitist stunt on a service(telecoms) that is meant to be available to everybody.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Fdeveloper(m): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2005
koni:

All their recharge cards are over priced, they are trying to pull an elitist stunt on a service(telecoms) that is meant to be available to everybody.

Following your argument, I suppose BMW & Mercedes are also guilty of "pulling an elitist stunt" since cars are supposed to be available to everybody, right?
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by viviansam(f): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2005
Ppesently, their service is terrible......unbearable....share same view? Am tired...
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by bagoma(f): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2005
@fdeveloper,
abegi make we hear word about this bmw/mercedez stuff. go up and check d peoples response. youre alone on this ur bmw/benz dream. OYO. cool
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by mamba(m): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2005
@fdeveloper, you're certainly OYO...

I just wish we could start Number porting in Nigeria very soon, the Network that will be most affected is definitely MTN, they'll get dumped like a bad habit nationwide I tell you.. grin
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Fdeveloper(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2005
@Bagoma, @Mamba
I hear you you guys but I still think you're missing the point. The fact is that if you go to a trader selling meat in the market, if you don't like the price or the quality of the meat, you simply go somewhere else.

@Mamba
I agree with with you in that I would like to see number porting in Nigeria too however I'm not sure that many subscribers would leave MTN otherwise they would already do so now that SIM packs are so cheap. The fact of the matter is despite it's poor customer service, high tariffs etc, MTN still has the best nationwide coverage and only when the other operators address this issue will they be in a position to take significant market share from MTN.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by ijebuman(m): 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2005
Guys the only way you can hurt this company is to take your custom elsewhere or do something about it, you can complain here till your hearts content it makes no difference to them because they know the average Nigerian customer will put up with their crap.

If you really want to make them see sense, then u guys should get together and set up a site called ihateMtnNigeria.com (just like this guy did when he was pissed off with Orange in the UK http://www.hateorange.com) publicise the site and let people post their bad experiences there.

Write a petition to their shareholders in South Africa. http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=159048, Phuthuma Nhleko is MTN's Group CEO (this guy's contact info is available online but for privacy reasons i will not post it here but you can google him to get it) bombard him with your complaints.

No company likes bad publicity as it affects their share price, so hit them where it hurts and use the power of the internet to make a difference
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by bagoma(f): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2005
roger, sir!
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by lagbaja(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2006
I will be the first to register the www.ihatemtn.com site, it will sure teach them a lesson not to hold Nigerians to ransom
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by bagoma(f): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2006
me too! angry
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by mikebuddy(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2006
MTN hmm it's a big failure.i use it still because i have spread my number
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by KIEMOONTOP: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2006
CAN ANY ONE HERE TELL ME HOW TO GET AN MTN, GLO OR VMOBLIE AIRTIME ON INTERNET I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BE BYEING IT ALL THE TIME
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by Christino(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2006
MTN will be a success for the meantime if they can roll out their free "but this time around fast" internet access again. as well as free SMS per day - i really enjoyed dat one.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by graciella(f): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2006
shocked MTN is a disgrace to Nigeria.
Re: MTN Nigeria is a Failure: True or False? by chupcake(m): 12:50am On Feb 19, 2008
Abi ooo, LOL,

Well i only used MTN once in ma life and i am still regretting it today, The fact that they charge to solve problem (not always) caused by MTN it self is disgusting, And their billing is so awful, There was a time i ended up in Kwara State where there is no Multi Links Service and i wanted to send a couple of emails so i loaded my Friend's MTN with 4,000 and sent 4 emails, Untop with very slow speed, I checked my balance after sending the emails and my balance was 1220, What the hell, !!!!, MTN is a total failure when it comes to everything except ADs,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Users Share Ur Ovi Username / How Many Phones Do You Carry At A Time? / How Do I Opt Out Of Weekly BIS Subscription On Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.