Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,019 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference (13753 Views)

Remi Tinubu: Melaye Holds Press Conference / Hold Press Briefing In Sambisa , Governor Fayose To Buhari, Lai / Rigging Does Not Cause Violence -- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Obinoscopy(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2015

President Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC will hold a joint broadcast on electoral violence; THE CABLE reports.

Chidi Odinkalu, chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) announced the joint broadcast on Friday.

He said, ”Let us change the messaging for this election and show we can do better. We want to show that Nigerians can hold elections without killing one another.

A date for the broadcast will be announced later.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=104833

7 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by dustmalik: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
A good idea

4 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SeverusSnape(m): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nice one. I think Buhari's supporters in the north needs this message more. We don't need more killings this time around.
The man and his supporters are violence personified.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
APC is a peaceful party. We are allergic to violence. I hope the trouble-maker party(PDP) can abide by the rules of whatevr outcome that will come out of the said conference.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Gboliwe: 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2015
Buhari will find a reason not to be there. For debates he had townhall meetings as excuse, for the other one, he accused the organisers of being PDP apologists. He always has an issue. I am not surprised though, he is violent and bloodthirsty.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Seun(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
Gboliwe:
Buhari will find a reason not to be there.
I disagree. Rtd Major-General Buhari is not afraid of press conferences or even TV interviews administered by sympathetic interviewers.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Gboliwe: 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seun:
I disagree. Rtd Major-General Buhari is not afraid of press conferences or even TV interviews administered by sympathetic interviewers.

Lol @ Sympathetic interviewers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by DesChyko: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
Their efforts will be heavily appreciated..from a behavioural point of view.

However, as a matter of fact, this exercise is useless.

The foundations for these electoral violence have been put in place, dating back to Buhari's caustic trouble-brewing comments after the 2011 perfect elections, the Boko Haram sudden re-appearance after the Northener lost and now, President Jonathan's virtual underperformance.

My Take? They should just let us be.
Jonathan should probably prepare to depart. The people are heavily aggrieved and sentimental to take cognizance of any positive impact he may have had so far and up his sleeves..

Buhari should probably prepare to end up like his predecessors, dead or ousted. Hopefully, Osibanjo will succeed him in time, rebel against his Godfathers and take Nigeria to the next level. A man that waits till he's Number 1 citizen before he sacrifices for his country is not a worthy citizen.

Happy Valentine's Day. angry

6 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by baybeeboi: 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
why waste Mr Buhari's time?
Only God can seperate Him from violence.
Well, listenin to him's kind of entertainin sha.
With that Hauza tongue.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by braine(m): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Nice one. I think Buhari's supporters in the north needs this message more. We don't need more killings this time around.
And those threatening in the south don't need it?

12 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jonathan sent his snipers to attack Gombe state today in other to lay credence to his arguement about the postponment of the election

9 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by saaedlee: 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seun:
"Sympathetic interviewers" are you implying that General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) doesn't grant or is afraid of interviews administered by non-sympathetic interviewers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Temmi001: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ok then!conference Or no conference,I Av decided to vote-in the Amiable Daura General and REMORSELessly vote out the Otuoke Doctor come #March4Buhari.
anyway,I Still find it arduous to fathom why most-a-people are waiting for a 2-day Inaugural lectuqe in Order to also take the never-to-be-regretted step..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Seun(m): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
saaedlee:
"Sympathetic interviewers" are you implying that General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) doesn't grant or is afraid of interviews administered by non-sympathetic interviewers?
Would he grant an interview to AIT or NTA? (In all fairness the same can be said about GEJ who only does media chats with friendly journalists)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SeverusSnape(m): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
braine:
And those threatening in the south don't need it?
We know those ones are not blood thirsty, Their threats are aimed at highly placed individuals, but for the ones up north, killing is their hobby. I know you know happened the last time this illiterate man lost.

8 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SeverusSnape(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seun:
Would he grant an interview to AIT or NTA? (In all fairness the same can be said about GEJ who only does media chats with friendly journalists)
But during the last presidential media chat, A premiumtimes journalist was there.

5 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fantastic move!! I see Nigeria's democracy becoming stronger after this election.

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Temmi001: 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seun:
no we know where seun's Loyalty Lies...

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by saaedlee: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
As a PDP "goon" rightly said "no one owns the monopoly of violence"; I therefore conclude that this is a welcomed development, and frown at the hasty generalization by some users of this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SeverusSnape(m): 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2015
Temmi001:
no we know where seun's Loyalty Lies...
No, Seun is kind of hard to understand. Today he's siding GEJ, another day, he's siding GMB, I like it like that though. It's good he conceals his choice.
Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by kokoA(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seun:
Christine Amanpour of this world a sympathetic interviewer?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by englishmart(m): 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
how I wish they would be allowed to wrestle physically. Whoever wins, rules..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

No, Seun is kind of hard to understand. Today he's siding GEJ, another day, he's siding GMB, I like it like that though. It's good he conceals his choice.

Yeah. You should probably do the same.

grin
Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by joseph1832(m): 5:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The man and his supporters are violence personified.
Same can't be said for the supporters of GEJ, who are the epitome of cluelessness, just like GEJ!.

6 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SeverusSnape(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
joseph1832:
Same can't be said for the supporters of GEJ, who are the epitome of cluelessness, just like GEJ!.
And supporters of MB are epitome of fanatism, terrorism, illiteracy, forgery, perjury and violence, just like Buhari.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by joseph1832(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
Gboliwe:
Buhari will find a reason not to be there. For debates he had townhall meetings as excuse, for the other one, he accused the organisers of being PDP apologists. He always has an issue. I am not surprised though, he is violent and bloodthirsty.
And when GEJ boycotted the presidential debate in 2011? And instead went on a self acclaimed interview with D'banj did the CPC and CAN supporters then chew him alive?.

5 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by joseph1832(m): 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

And supporters of MB are epitome of fanatism, terrorism, illiteracy, forgery, perjury and violence, just like Buhari.
Silencio!
Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
englishmart:
how I wish they would be allowed to wrestle physically. Whoever wins, rules..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2124659_2850256733laughingxlarge_png44484a3986aa05a1996d007a60c0a85c don't forget that buhari is a retired general. Na one-blow-seven-die-punch he go give Jonathan

6 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by SeverusSnape(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
joseph1832:
Silencio!
You see... Like Buhari like supporters. I should be silent for saying the truth, just like Buhari silenced those who criticized him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by Gepheral: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Good!
Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by dmjinc(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Finally...GEJ Handling over to GMB grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference by izu777: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamfara APC Gov’ship Aspirants Petition NJC Over Abuse Of Court Processes / MASSOB: Anambra Election Must Hold, Our Representatives Ready To Assist / NLC Rejects New Tax On Carbonate Drinks Says It Will Cause Mass Hunger, Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.