Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? (1818 Views)

Who Did Cain Marry After He Killed Abel / Which Other Human Did Cain Marry? / Who Did Cain In The Bible Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by Boyebeez(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
I was in a group on one of the social medias and someone made a statement saying “there is no God”, I and my friends tried all our possible best to convince him that there is God and this God created all things but to no avail. After all our efforts this guy then said “if you all want me to believe that then answer this question who did Cain marry?” I searched the Holy Scriptures to source for answers but I could not find the name of Cain’s wife, then I pondered on this question WHO DID CAIN MARRY?
In Genesis 4:1-2, Adam and Eve gave birth to two children Cain being the first (Gen4:1) and Abel the second (Gen4:2). Due to the fact that Abel’s offering was accepted by God and Cain’s offering was not, Cain killed his brother Abel and was hereby cursed by God. God said
Gen4:12 “whenever thou tilleth the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth”.
Cain replied
Gen4:13 “and Cain said unto the lord my punishment is greater than I can bear”
And that anyone that finds him would kill him,
Gen4:14 “behold thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and it shall come to pass that everyone that findeth me shall kill me”.
Here I lay my emphasis on the statement Cain made “everyone that findeth me shall slay me” would this mean that there are other people apart from Adam and his family that God created and was not recorded?, God knew Cain was right and people would want to kill him, He then placed a mark on him so nobody will kill him.
Gen4:17 “And the LORD said unto him, whoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken upon him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him”
Since God realized this, would this mean that God created other people apart from Adam and Eve that were not known
Reading further in the book of Gen 4 I stumbled upon something in verse 17 “and Cain knew his wife” definitely Cain got a wife, but where in the world did he find one?, It was also recorded that he built a city, then I asked myself another question, can a man build a city all by himself, we all know to build a house requires a lot of labour force. Now another question arises who helped Cain build the city? But we won’t be going into that now.
With the urge to broaden my knowledge on this issue I went online to search for possible explanations to this, I then stumbled upon a Christian research website which talked on this topic, it was stated there that Cain may have married his own sister or niece because after Adam begat Seth he also had more sons and daughters
Gen 5:4 “and the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years and he begat sons and daughters”
But this still got me confused because before Adam’s other children were born Cain had already gotten married.
The quest for other explanations made me stumble on another website, they stated in their article that all human beings are descendants of Adam and Eve, and Cain may have married one of his sisters because Adam gave birth to sons and daughters after Seth and incest was not a sin until the time of Moses
Lev 18:6-11 “none of you shall approach any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness, I am the LORD
The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover, she is thy mother thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness
The unclothedness of thy father’s wife thou shalt not uncover, it is thy father’s unclothedness
The unclothedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home or born abroad, even their unclothedness thou shall not uncover
The unclothedness of thy son’s daughter or thy daughter’s daughter, even their unclothedness thou shall not uncover: for theirs is thine own unclothedness
The unclothedness of thy father’s wife daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shall not uncover her unclothedness.”
In their article, A Jewish historian named Josephus stated that the number of Adam’s children as says the old tradition was 33 sons and 23 daughters so Cain might have obviously married his sister. The Bible also says “Cain knew his wife” (i.e. had sexual relation with) in the land of Nod. John Calvin an important French theologian and pastor said in his commentary that Cain was married before he went to Nod.
Since man and woman lived to be hundreds of years and in the primeval world population grew rapidly and Cain had plenty of time to marry a sister (or probably a niece), move to Nod and build a city.
Now I think the answer is glaring to us now, that Cain married his sister. I can boldly tell that guy the answer to his question.
REFERENCES
Carm.org (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry)
Icr.org (Institute for Creation Research)
By: Bolawole Adeboye
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by izuch(m): 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
I'm still to hear a satisfactory answer to that question
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
Christianity is just too contradictory. Religion as a whole is confusing. There are many questions left unanswered, and if you ask some clergy men, they have no answer; they'll only tell you "don't question God", "some questions are not meant to be asked". undecided
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by adexsimply(m): 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Christianity is just too contradictory. Religion as a whole is confusing. There are many questions left unanswered, and if you ask some clergy men, they have no answer; they'll only tell you "don't question God", "some questions are not meant to be asked". undecided
Snivilus
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
adexsimply:
Snivilus
Meaning?
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by adexsimply(m): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Meaning?
You don't even know your nickname Prof.
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
adexsimply:
You don't even know your nickname Prof.
Nah... I never took note of that. cheesy
Thanks
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by Mynd44: 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
He married aliens grin

1 Like

Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by simplex2: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
In your little research, you didn't read where Cain left to dwell in the LAND OF NOD.

Genesis 4.16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

That was the place he took a wife from. People were already existing there. His children also took wives and bore more children in the same city. One of his grandchildren, Lamech even married 2 wives. Was is it still Adam and Eve that was supplying cain and his children the wives they married?

Something is seriously wrong with the bible and those that compiled it. If not, people won't be trying this hard to explain the bible.
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by Boyebeez(m): 6:13am On Feb 15, 2015
simplex2:
In your little research, you didn't read where Cain left to dwell in the LAND OF NOD.

Genesis 4.16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

That was the place he took a wife from. People were already existing there. His children also took wives and bore more children in the same city. One of his grandchildren, Lamech even married 2 wives. Was is it still Adam and Eve that was supplying cain and his children the wives they married?

Something is seriously wrong with the bible and those that compiled it. If not, people won't be trying this hard to explain the bible.

As I mentioned, Cain must av married before going to the land of nod, like the bible said in verse 17 "and Cain knew his wife (meaning he had sexual relation with his wife) in the land of nod.
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by simplex2: 7:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Boyebeez:

As I mentioned, Cain must av married before going to the land of nod, like the bible said in verse 17 "and Cain knew his wife (meaning he had sexual relation with his wife) in the land of nod.

That's just a baseless assumption. Vs 16, cain left the presence of God to dwell in the land of Nod. Vs 17 he knew his wife: its that simple! 16 before 17.
You are trying to infer that he was already married even before leaving to dwell in Nod. Then who did he marry? Because as at then, there were only Adam, Eve, cain and abel. You are also trying to say that he was married before he was cursed.

Let me ask you, what do you understand by "dwell" that was used in vs 16?

Cain went to Nod to 'dwell'.
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by johnydon22(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2015
simplex2:

Something is seriously wrong with the bible and those that compiled it. If not, people won't be trying this hard to explain the bible
He went to land land of Nod and saw people even tho adam and eve where the first to be created and only adam, eve n their children was on earth.. cheesy

@bolded got me cracking..hahahahahahaha grin
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by johnydon22(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2015
simplex2:

That's just a baseless assumption. Vs 16, cain left the presence of God to dwell in the land of Nod. Vs 17 he knew his wife: its that simple! 16 before 17.
You are trying to infer that he was already married even before leaving to dwell in Nod. Then who did he marry? Because as at then, there were only Adam, Eve, cain and abel. You are also trying to say that he was married before he was cursed.

Let me ask you, what do you understand by "dwell" that was used in vs 16?

Cain went to Nod to 'dwell'.

If only those four people existed at that time, then how possibly could he meet people at nod?

who named that place nod?

Who did he marry?

grin

1 Like

Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by haffaze777(m): 11:29am On Feb 15, 2015
Cain went there to bleep daughter of his lord cheesy
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
I am not disapproving the question abt Cain's wife. It's a very significant part of bible history.

But my questions are thus:

What do you want to do with the knowledge of the identity and biography of Cain's wife?

Are you writing any exam or thesis on theology?

Is the knowledge going to help you improve ur spirituality?

Do u want to become an authority in bible history?

Or do u want to prove that the bible is incomplete? If yes, to what end?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by leke12(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Let me tell u something, you can never get the answer to that question because the story of Adam and Eve is not true. It's made up by the jews based on their culture. Every tribes has its own creation story ranging from yoruba,igbo, Greek,chinese,india and hausa. There is no doubt that there is God but humans have been living for millions of years. Check this out: why all the animals in the garden of Eden written in d bible can still be found everywhere nowadays since God chased man out of the garden? Why do we still have the "apple"(fruit of knowledge), which language where they speaking? Who are the people who cain was afraid of? More questions without answers. And the same thing with muslims belief which their prophet decended from Ismael(a jew).
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by johnydon22(m): 3:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
leke12:
Let me tell u something, you can never get the answer to that question because the story of Adam and Eve is not true. It's made up by the jews based on their culture. Every tribes has its own creation story ranging from yoruba,igbo, Greek,chinese,india and hausa. There is no doubt that there is God but humans have been living for millions of years. Check this out: why all the animals in the garden of Eden written in d bible can still be found everywhere nowadays since God chased man out of the garden? Why do we still have the "apple"(fruit of knowledge), which language where they speaking? Who are the people who cain was afraid of? More questions without answers. And the same thing with muslims belief which their prophet decended from Ismael(a jew).

In the original jewish mythology, cain and abel were not children and abel. the narrative of cain and abel is originally a kenite story. the writer of that part borrowed it and fictiously added it to the adam and eve story by making them their children
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by lele007: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
OP, next time somebody asks you who did Cain marry, ask them "who was the third roman senator to stab Julius Ceaser"? If no one can tell u the third person that stabbed Ceaser on the day he was killed, then roman history is hokum. Abi?
There are questions that you dont really need answers to to move on with your life, or with your fellowship with God, or with your faith. Full stop.
Re: Who In The World Did Cain Marry??? by nlPoster: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Bleep You Jesus, You Bastard / My Discovery About Trinity / Abuse Of Candles And Its Consequences In Celestial Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.