Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program (3466 Views)

How Can One Have A Job And Run An M.sc Program Concurrently? / Is It Advisable To Inform My Boss About My Intention Of Starting M.sc Programme? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program by Linzo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
Am a guy of 25yrs and HND holder in Banking and finance (upper credit) from a reputable polytecnic in Nigeria, am in search of any of the public universities in Nigeria that offers HND holders direct master degree program without undergoing the hurdle of the so called PGD program.

Please brothers and sisters anybody with a useful information or know any university that i can apply for M.sc program direct should help. Am tired of the discrimination of HND degree especially in in the banking industry that as made it compulsory for HND holders to remain on contract base and thesame salary level with OND/NCE holders

Your contributions are highly welcome

Thank you
Re: HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Well done bro. I am also a graduate of Finance and banking from a federal university. I'm 25 and hoping to Go for MSC by November. Every bank now is contract, they don't want to pay but want the job done. I finished serving last year June and though not doing something better, I wish to compliment my BSC with an MSC @ least to give me an upper edge or advantage. Even BSC do go for contract so its not just HND.only God can help us. I doubt if u can run an MSC without a PGD because of your HND. Close your eyes and do it. Just one yr
Linzo:
Am a guy of 25yrs and HND holder in Banking and finance (upper credit) from a reputable polytecnic in Nigeria, am in search of any of the public universities in Nigeria that offers HND holders direct master degree program without undergoing the hurdle of the so called PGD program.

Please brothers and sisters anybody with a useful information or know any university that i can apply for M.sc program direct should help. Am tired of the discrimination of HND degree especially in in the banking industry that as made it compulsory for HND holders to remain on contract base and thesame salary level with OND/NCE holders

Your contributions are highly welcome

Thank you
Re: HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program by Linzo(m): 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
@ tebirim, thanks for that piece of advice. The banking industry is really frustrating young graduates and attempting to shatter the future of young ones who choose to make a career in the banking sector .

I prefer to go for B.sc through direct entry, about 95% of Nigeria public universities admit HND holders with upper credit into 300level, and am also planning to change to Accontancy. Its better to take the pains ones and join the moving train.
Re: HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 15, 2015
My advice....go for PGD then masters.... Most bank chiefs are Hnd , they had to compliment the HND with a higher degree...
Linzo:
@ tebirim, thanks for that piece of advice. The banking industry is really frustrating young graduates and attempting to shatter the future of young ones who choose to make a career in the banking sector .

I prefer to go for B.sc through direct entry, about 95% of Nigeria public universities admit HND holders with upper credit into 300level, and am also planning to change to Accontancy. Its better to take the pains ones and join the moving train.
Re: HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program by JackDaniels1: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
Try University of Ibadan possibly towards the end of the year.
Re: HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program by Linzo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
@ jackDaniels, thanks bro i will make my research to that effect and also share my findings here for the benefit of everyone

(1) (Reply)

How Relevant Are Nigerian Professional Bodies / How Much Does Agusto & Co Pay Fresh Graduates (entry Level) / Interview With Ericsson Nigeria For An Internship Position,what Should I Expect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.