Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 AM

Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army (3698 Views)

Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / Gen Tarfa ; Is It The Same Nigeria Army Ojukwu Joined with Oxford Degree? / Katsina College Releases Buhari’s WASC Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by piscesgem(m): 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
BUHARI'S principal was my principal. From their school (Katsina Provincial School), the principal, Mr. West was sent to our school.

In those days when Nigeria was Nigerianising its military, many of the officers that you are seeing today did not even have their school certificates until long after.

When we were invited to go to Kaduna, we were given qualifying examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, even before we took the school certificate exam.

Some did not even wait to take their school certificates because vacancies were already waiting for them.

It was after that qualifying exam that we were recruited into the army. By the time some had their school certificates, they had become officers.

For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer.

But there was officer cadet qualifying examination. About 240 of us sat for that exam in Kaduna.

Link: //nigeriapoliticalvortex..com/2015/02/gen-tarfa-rtd-we-did-not-have-wasc-when.html?spref=tw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
And dis old fool is happy abt it, he shld be stripped of his entitlement and den jailed, same fate for buhari too

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by tit(f): 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
piscesgem:
BUHARI'S principal was my principal. From their school (Katsina Provincial School), the principal, Mr. West was sent to our school.

In those days when Nigeria was Nigerianising its military, many of the officers that you are seeing today did not even have their school certificates until long after.

When we were invited to go to Kaduna, we were given qualifying examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, even before we took the school certificate exam.

Some did not even wait to take their school certificates because vacancies were already waiting for them.

It was after that qualifying exam that we were recruited into the army. By the time some had their school certificates, they had become officers.

For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer.

But there was officer cadet qualifying examination. About 240 of us sat for that exam in Kaduna.

Link: //nigeriapoliticalvortex..com/2015/02/gen-tarfa-rtd-we-did-not-have-wasc-when.html?spref=tw

God bless General Tarfa!
I hereby make him a Field Marshal!

If Buhari had a school certificate, he would have brought it out by now.
It is a pity!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by dkronicle(m): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ftc is a mad man,. Dis guy is indirectly tellin us that, BooHaree enterd army just like dat. Notin like sch cert.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Chanchit: 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
So what's the moral of this story? Is he speaking for or against. I would like to confirm before calling him a phool.
Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by piscesgem(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
tit:

God bless General Tarfa!
I hereby make him a Field Marshal!

If Buhari had a school certificate, he would have brought it out by now.
It is a pity!

lol...wonder why buhari have to lie..IBB said same thing Gen Tarfa just said

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by san316(m): 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
And are we supposed to say hurray?!
Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by senoreetah(f): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
politics and lies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ok. So, he's trying to tell us dat 1 of our presidential candidate is also sai-thiefi-cate-less

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by KanwuliaJara: 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Only MUMUBUHARI DID!
After he had had 12 children! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by warripekin(m): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Gen Tarfa tank u for being honest. That is what Buhari isn't. If Buhari had come out clean, he would not have been in this controversy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by chronique(m): 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lol. Buhari should explain how He managed to get a certificate from the same school his peers attended and weren't issued one.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by TheOtherview: 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
[s]
piscesgem:

[/s]

Barefaced lies!

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by TheOtherview: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
It’s absurd to say Buhari has no certificate – Gen. Tarfa

Published on Saturday, 14 February 2015

An elder statesman and former Commandant of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) retired General Paul C. Tarfa said yesterday that it is insulting for anybody to say the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate retired General Muhammadu Buhari has no school-leaving certificates. He explained that apart from their school certificates, as military cadets in the 1960s, they were made to sit for other examinations before joining.

Reacting to the Military Secretary’s claims that it didn’t have Buhari’s records, General Tarfa said “It is very stupid to say that.

Buhari and I went to the United Kingdom for training. We joined the military at 18, 19 years of age. When someone went through all the trainings abroad and passed through all the military examinations in all cadres and so on, and just one cranky idiot will say you don’t have school certificate. That is absurd.” He explained that “Buhari’s principal was my principal. From their school, their principal Mr. West was sent to our school.”

General Tarfa spoke to Weekly Trust during a meeting of some Christian leaders, under the auspices of Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-Eye Forum with Buhari, held at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/19039-it-s-absurd-to-say-buhari-has-no-certificate-gen-tarfa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by piscesgem(m): 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/19039-it-s-absurd-to-say-buhari-has-no-certificate-gen-tarfa

Keep living in denial, why didn't they quote the whole interview?, they pick some parts added their own words
Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by baybeeboi: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
no body is argueing that.
All we want is a certificate.
Whether Neco, Nabteb, Waec, cowbell,ijmb
just a certificate.,

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by kettykin: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Finally someone has confirmed that the documents presented by buhari were forged and fraudulently procured, how can a certificate forger fight corruption

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Jesusloveyou: 11:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
And dis old fool is happy abt it, he shld be stripped of his entitlement and den jailed, same fate for buhari too
just listen to urself,and who commision them into d army,without wasc,d white man or yoruba/igbo man allow them to enter without result.and buhari rose to became head of state without given d army d result that was not there when he join d army.try to put ur head in d right place.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
just listen to urself,and who commision them into d army,without wasc,d white man or yoruba/igbo man allow them to enter without result.and buhari rose to became head of state without given d army d result that was not there when he join d army.try to put ur head in d right place.
look at wad ya just wrote, look how stupid ya re, re ya suppose to celebrate him or condemn him for doing dat? Ma bro, u better go for brain check up.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
Dat makes u OLD CARGOES non viable
Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Jesusloveyou: 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
look at wad ya just wrote, look how stupid ya re, re ya suppose to celebrate him or condemn him for doing dat? Ma bro, u better go for brain check up.
d same paul tarfa said u must be stupid to think that buhari don't have certificate.just clear ur mind and reason well.

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
d same paul tarfa said u must be stupid to think that buhari don't have certificate.just clear ur mind and reason well.
guess it is wif ya father, how come he lied under oath. Mad man he said he had hausa, and as at 1961 it was only yoruba dat was d local language to be taught in d skool. Kip defending d fool, only fools defend demselves

1 Like

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by bloodyki1ler: 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
do u stil see period,old woman like u,buhari til u become babe.

Thunder fire your mama and papa
Hopless son of a rabid dog And a harlot mother
Otu nne i ebea
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i
Kitikpa gbagbuo nne i na nna i
Useless nonentity
Ikpu nne i
Ara gbagbuo nna i Ara fejuo nne i anya ebea

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Gej till Buhari dies of high bp

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by bloodyki1ler: 11:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
In either way booohari is guilty

A. Forgery
B. Prejury

1 Like

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by bloodyki1ler: 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
No matter how they try to clean Buhari they will end up implicating themselves because pig remains pig.

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

Gej till Buhari dies of high bp

1 Like

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by obaayo2: 12:30am On Feb 15, 2015
senoreetah:
Buhari just they WASTE time, he should just face that him wife WAIST and leave politics, cos at the end he will still call his boyz to kill everybody

Meanwhile GEJ till i stop seeing my period
I wonder what you ll do when your period stops on march28

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by dokyOloye: 12:55am On Feb 15, 2015
And this is d same army Ojukwu joined wt a 1st degree from Oxford, Ifeajuna wt his from Ibadan?
Chaaiii

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by dustmalik: 12:59am On Feb 15, 2015
piscesgem:

Keep living in denial, why didn't they quote the whole interview?, they pick some parts added their own words
You expect any sane person to believe your useless source over dailytrust. You are simply jobless, looking to be relevant by posting fake stories. Go get a life.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 15, 2015
y buhari come dey lie naaa, all dis APC hegoats una eye go soon clear like DVD wen some of una go follow buhari enter prison
Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 15, 2015
OBJ said he joined the Army 4years before Buhari and was required to tender WASC before joining

GEN Tarfa says he has the same principal as Buhari and they were NOT required to present WASC before joining army

Buhari claims to have WASC as stated in INEC forms but just can present it!

We are getting nearer the truth

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army by TheOtherview: 2:14am On Feb 15, 2015
piscesgem:

Buhari once ordered me to dismiss 48 errant cadets in NDA, 32 of them Muslims – Gen. Paul Tarfa

Former Commandant of the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA), General Paul Tarfa has said that the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has never been a religious bigot, but a man committed to discipline.

He added that it is foolish for anyone to say that Buhari does not have school certificate.

Tarfa said in Abuja that most Nigerians who joined the army during the Nigerianisation of the Nigerian Army in the 1960s obtained their school certificates after becoming officers.

“I had the same Principal with General Buhari in person of Mr. West,” he said

Tarfa, who has lived a quiet life since he retired from the army, said: “I stand up here to say a few words about General Buhari because I am one of those who know him most.

“We met in 1963 as cadets and we shared one thing- discipline, punctuality and purposefulness.

“Like him, I heard erroneously that I am a fanatical Christian. I don’t know if I am, but I am a Christian to the letter.

“I remember that Buhari used to say that following the tenets of Islam does not make one a fanatic.

“If I read my bible before I sleep, does it make me a fanatical Christian?

“In addition to what has been said, I want to say that in 1984 when he was the head of state, I was posted to the Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps in Lagos from the Command and Staff College in Jaji. The Nigeria Defence Academy was on its way to becoming a degree awarding institution. I was in Lagos for only three months and there was a reshufflement and I was asked to go back to Kaduna.

“I reported to him that I had just come here and so, let me stay here. He said no, in the first place, your posting to the Ordinance Corps is wrong. I want you to go to the Defence Academy because I want our future officers to take after your character. So, I took my wife and family and returned to Kaduna.

[b]“On my first week in the academy, I blew what we called the tattoo. Tattoo means blowing horn at 12 midnight or after to make sure you catch those who are not in their dormitory.

“Before then, Gen. Buhari had heard that our cadets were sleeping in surrounding villages. Some were going to Zaria to come back early in the morning, looking sleepy and not concentrating.

“When we blew the tattoo, everybody had to come out, even if you were sick and you had to be carried to the parade ground. When we counted, there were about 48 cadets absent that night. They were in the villages with prostitutes.

“I was with Prof. Ukpabi, who was then the Academy Provost. I said the number was too much for me to dismiss even though they were supposed to be dismissed.

“Out of the 48 errant cadets, about 32 were from the North, and out of these 32, the majority were from the far North. In other words, they were Muslim cadets.

“I flew to Lagos and met General Buhari and told him, ‘this is what you said we should do, bug look at the number.’

“Even though majority of them were Muslims, he said,’ dismiss them all.’ I told him that the number was too much and that if I did that, our Muslim brothers in Kaduna would kill me. He said, ‘They won’t. If these people become officers, they will not be good for us. There was no such thing as this during our time. We will not have half-baked officers, whether they are Christians or Muslims. If they are not good, it does not matter. So, dismiss them all.’[/b]

“When I came back, Prof, Ukpabi and I decided to dismiss the very bad ones and keep the good ones. That was how we restored discipline in the academy.

“What I am trying to say is this. where is the fanaticism here. He didn’t say because they were Muslims, we should leave them.

“This has been the character of General Buhari. If it is right, it is right.

“I am not trying to praise him, but to bring out the qualities in this man. A vote for General Buhari is a vote for change.
“People are thinking whether it is a do or die. To him, it is Nigeria first and not Buhari first. So, I believe a vote for Buhari is a vote for change; change for good.”

On Buhari’s educational qualification, he said: “Buhari’s principal was my principal. From their school, the principal, Mr. West was sent to our school.

“In those days when Nigeria was Nigerianising its military, many of the officers that you see today did not even have their school certificates until long after.

“When we were invited to go to Kaduna, we were given qualifying examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, even before we took the school certificate exam. Some did not even wait to take their school certificates because vacancies were already waiting for them.

“It was after that qualifying exam that we were recruited into the army. By the time some had their school certificates, they had become officers.

“For example, Gen. Babangida never saw his school certificate until when he was head of state. I got my school certificate long after I became an officer.

“But there was officer cadet qualifying examination. About 240 of us sat for that exam in Kaduna”.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-ordered-dismiss-48-errant-cadets-nda-32-muslims-gen-paul-tarfa/

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHY INEC Mocked Election Failed In Kano But A Success In Lagos And Delta State? / The North Taking Over All Positions The SW Betrayed Southern Alliance-ifeduba / Igbo Scholar Disgraces Femi Fani-kayode •demolishes Claims On Igbo/yoruba Histor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.