Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! (46916 Views)

Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / Please I Need Help...my Birds Are Dying Right Now. / 15 Weeks Point Of Lay Birds Are For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by troy20(m): 8:07am On Feb 18, 2015
killing eight birds with one stone eh? Next time try obeying the rule bro.you only kill two birds with one stone.Eyaa sori u hear?
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by horafisayor(m): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2015
Try nd use human drugs for them I have faith it will surly work for them here z my num u can contact me on whatsapp 08061116465
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by T3amie(m): 8:12am On Feb 18, 2015
Me too our poultry the layers no dey lay eggs wellla...and dey are over 25weeks about 250 birds any help my people....mummy is even thinkin of sellin them
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by notoriousbabe: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2015
bellychiz:

What's sweeting you? Your surprised right? Don't be cause I have a big poultry too but they are broilers not layers and I would feel bad if I loose mine too. Even when I notice any change in the colour of their stool I call the vet sharperly.
iya aladiye grin

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Spidermon: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2015
adahogwuche:
I am a Vet doctor, Newcastle disease has no specific cure as it is of viral origin, however the most effective treatment is re vaccination with the same Newcastle vaccine. Then supportive therapy using multivitamins . Id advice you add the normal vitamin c to the treatment and together with any antibiotic prescribed by a doctor for you. You should also ask the doctor to rule out avian influenza if this persists as there have been cases of avian influenza reported around and it happens to share significant similarities to avian influenza. Pray hard, I have seen a thousand birds lost in a day before.
Nice one colleague. I was about to log out of the thread b4 I saw your comment. I won't bother to knock anybody's advice since we all mean well for the OP
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 18, 2015
Quarantine, re vaccinate and improve your bio security. Only solution here.

Btw have you been hit by Newcastle in this same farm previously?

Also help boost immunity of the birds that are not yet infected with vitamins.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by taiwosite: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2015
U can call dis dr 08175017278
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Intendy: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
This is serious, really really serious...so far i've lost 35 layers in just 4 days to Newcastle (confirmed from post mortem)...I usually contained it before but this strain seems unstoppable with every drugs I've given them. It getting messy here abeg, even the experts seem to have resign to fate but I'm not giving up.

Pls anybody with solution. I can't vaccinate them cos most of them still look sick. It's been a hell of a few days, I know if I go back to the farm 3 woulda died again and that me being optimistic.
Pls help save a brother!
Morning,firstly you need to summon courage.I have experienced such before around year 2001.the first thing you do when you feel there is a problem looming is to monitor there feed consumption rate for three days along side the temperature. if the temperature is the same as previous week and there is a drop in intake which will lead to egg decline you have to use immuno-supresant to reduce the effect.cause one infection usually leads to another.more advice if u could just drop your number.its well.time constrain
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by lordmayor2013(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2015
Newcastle can't have a high mortality like that, go for a clinical assay
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by sirugos(m): 8:53am On Feb 18, 2015
Ur bird is suffering for coccidioses. Since u have applied LA. Dats ok. Buy anti cocci drug #Anticox. With vitalyte. Give it to them 5 stright days non stop. It must stop. Thank me later
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by mager: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2015
Bro take heart, two things are involve either RAPTURE or EBOLA in animal kingdom
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by calaway: 9:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
This is serious, really really serious...so far i've lost 35 layers in just 4 days to Newcastle (confirmed from post mortem)...I usually contained it before but this strain seems unstoppable with every drugs I've given them. It getting messy here abeg, even the experts seem to have resign to fate but I'm not giving up.

Pls anybody with solution. I can't vaccinate them cos most of them still look sick. It's been a hell of a few days, I know if I go back to the farm 3 woulda died again and that me being optimistic.
Pls help save a brother!

BIRD FLUE DEY OHH. PLEASE BE SURE PEOPLE ARE NOT AT RISK
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Ndoye: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2015
Pls provide your email address and your phone number. I will link you up with a. Help line. Or send your number 08068836184.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by 100Cents: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
I'm giving them LA this evening...I just hope it halt this insanity else I'll sell them off

E yaff do like that abeg

Contact Fnk ( He is a Nairalander )
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by 100Cents: 9:31am On Feb 18, 2015
jamp:
Here is a picture of my birds when I had same issue last year.

God will see u tru

Sorry cry

Did you eat them ?
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by 100Cents: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
The 2nd pic I shared, see that lone bird in 2nd tier?...it's the last bird standing there now

It never get sick nor stop laying...dare devil!

Wow, Militant..
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by barcaboi(m): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2015
oga; go for a thorough post mortem to determine if it's not Avian influenza aka bird flu.....you have to make sure
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by barcaboi(m): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2015
oga; go for a thorough post mortem to determine if it's not Avian influenza aka bird flu.....you have to make sure....Then either stop the present feed u give them or add activated charcoal (carbon) to the feed....it'll bind any poison left in their internal organs
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Laid2001: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
I'm giving them LA this evening...I just hope it halt this insanity else I'll sell them off

E yaff do like that abeg

Too late already for LAsota when they have been dying for days. You should not have waited!

Ask your vet if you can use human antibiotics. It gets to that at times oo!
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Senjuchiha: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Did u practise biosecurity procedures b4 acquirin d birds
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by adeA1(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2015
To the expert plz come ova. Am very sure it has its own solutn I just op u get it before it lates
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by dammywapes(m): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:

10thousand shocked....serious!

I only have 2 workers and I also have dip at the entrance of the poultry...no cars and buyers don't even come near the farm cos I have where I sell the eggs
Pls get the name of the chemical for me...will appreciate

Thanks
Alright.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by fabulous01(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2015
Hope u pay ur tithe from recent proceed..

Thanks and ve nice day
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2015
I blieve d storm is over, in future do observe d feaces of your birds regularly, from it you can discern if any possible or upcoming challenge, to avoid spread, isolate sick birds from d rest, a crude style to treat or minimise losses when your vet become confuse is to get amplicox mix in water, put in a syringe(without d needle), open d mouth of d sick birds and press it into their mouth, recovery can come for some. Pls wear gloves to avoid zoonosis. Always give your birds lasota monthly/ avirex every 5-6 weeks , livetovit is also a good source of vitamins to your birds & help boost their immune system
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by mickel2223(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:

Pls help save a brother!

Please try another vet for the post mortem i bet you d result will be different. Same happened to me 2014 I lose over 800 poulets in 1 week from 3000. I did different post Mortem first was coccidiosis, second was Newcastle finally after all drug and drugs without result I went for a final post mortem who discovered fungal infection, this infection can kill your birds day after day if not treated. I was told its aspegellosis fumigatus that only human drug can cure dis disease drugs like amphoterycin B or Nystatin so I dash into a pharmacy and get d Nystatin dat was what saved my layers from reducing to 000.
Once in a while I just give my birds Nystatin since I use d deep liter system.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
mickel2223:

Please try another vet for the post mortem i bet you d result will be different. Same happened to me 2014 I lose over 800 poulets in 1 week from 3000. I did different post Mortem first was coccidiosis, second was Newcastle finally after all drug and drugs without result I went for a final post mortem who discovered fungal infection, this infection can kill your birds day after day if not treated. I was told its aspegellosis fumigatus that only human drug can cure dis disease drugs like amphoterycin B or Nystatin so I dash into a pharmacy and get d Nystatin dat was what saved my layers from reducing to 000.
Once in a while I just give my birds Nystatin since I use d deep liter system.

Nystatin...never heard of it before but I'll find it

Thanks bro!
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by tunscolo(m): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
You need a post mortem examination on the carcasses. Mehn, this isnt happening. Did you obtain the birds from day-old, did u adhere to vaccination and medication routine from hatchery? whats the history of disease outbreak in your geographic location? So many things could have gone wrong, Im telling you. Starting from simple nutrition deficiency to chronic disease outbreak.

I am sooo sorry bro.
The most reasons why we dont practice after school.
One question should be on your mind? What is really happening to these birds. Only the laboratories can tell you.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jidesp(m): 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
Today alone and still counting

Do you have medical expert in these areas to check what is wrong with them. Speculations from forums isn't the best option to solve your problem. I believe considering your threats in any business is most important. i.e Immediately you plan the business, you plan the work of a qualified (Appropriate College degree) Avian Vet.

I don't doubt your effort here to get help, but it would only amplify your doubts and also upset your conviction of your business being reliable.

Having said that, I googled to see if I could find any Avian vet, none came up besides articles and institutions.

I will keep looking, if I find any, I will update it here
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Lanspower(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
Sorry about this bro! I had the same problems with my birds in December...funny enough none of the dead birds looked sick at any point, i would just find the dead in the morning. I'm not an expert in any way but based on the advice I received which eventually kept the remaining chickens alive I would recommend that you try Comflux (antibiotics) and you may not necessarily follow the dossage prescribed on the drug i.e you may want to double-dose the drug for them as the infection may have gone too deep in them. That's what I did and they stopped dying. The only effect of double-dosing them is that their production will drop sharply at some point but they will be fine few days later. I would recommend cleaning the pen but I have to say that when I was going through this trial I lost at least a bird a day after cleaning the pen (maybe coincidence though). Above all pray that God lays hand on them, that's important!
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Jupita42k2(m): 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
i fink u shuld use a combination of CTC, Virucin and Amprolium(or Embazin).....dats my perfect formula 2 fyt Newcastle.......pls try it n by God's grace it shuld work
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by mickel2223(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:

Nystatin...never heard of it before but I'll find it

Thanks bro!

A fungal infectious disease, caused by Aspergillus fumigatus, in which the typical sign is gasping for breath, especially in young chicks. Sometimes the same organism causes eye lesions or chronic lesions in older birds. The fungus can infect plant material and many species of animals including birds and man. Occasionally similar lesions are produced by other species of Aspergillus or even other fungi such as Penicillium, Absidia etc.

It affects chickens, turkeys, ducks, penguins, game birds, waterfowl, etc, worldwide. The infection has an incubation period of 2-5 days. Morbidity is usually low, but may be as high as 12%. Mortality among young affected birds is 5-50%. Transmission is by inhalation exposure to an environment with a high spore count; there is usually little bird-to-bird transmission. Spores are highly resistant to disinfectants.

Signs

Acute form:
Inappetance.
Weakness.
Silent gasping.
Rapid breathing.
Thirst.
Drowsiness.
Nervous signs (rare).
Chronic Forms:
Ocular discharge (ocular form only).
Wasting.
Post-mortem lesions

Yellow to grey nodules or plaques in lungs, air sacs, trachea, plaques in peritoneal cavity, may have greenish surface.
Conjunctivitis/keratitis.
Brain lesions may be seen in some birds with nervous signs.
Diagnosis

This is usually based on the signs and lesions and microscopic examination for the fungus, preferably after digestion in 10% potassium hydroxide. It may be confirmed by isolation of the fungus, typically by putting small pieces of affected tissue on Sabouraud agar. Growth occurs in 24-48 hours and colonies are powdery green/blue in appearance. Differentiate from excessive exposure to formalin or vaccinal reactions in day olds and from heat stress in older birds.

Treatment

Usually none. Environmental spraying with effective antifungal antiseptic may help reduce challenge. Amphotericin B and Nystatin have been used in high-value birds.

Prevention

Dry, good quality litter and feed, hygiene, Thiabendazole or Nystatin has been used in feed.

Or try www.thepoultrysite.com for more infomate...

All d best

Also my layers (Black) are doing so great at the moment, I give Lasota vaccine after every 3-3 weeks (21 days) with vitalite, den in-between the 21days I gave D-oxygen antibiotics or intersyrl or Mega-dox though I interchange it so dat dey don't get used to a particular antibiotics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. / The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.