Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Is Smoking A Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking A Sin? (16518 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / Is Smoking A Sin? / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by lacidi: 7:03am On Mar 01, 2015
Smoking is not a sin. In Italy, even Roman Catholic Cardinals smoke. Smoking is only a sin in countries like Nigeria where smoking has always been seen as originating from the desire to "do guy".

If smoking is a sin because 'it destroys the body' , then sugar is a big sin because it causes diabetes and Palm oil is a huge sin because it causes high cholesterol. Everyone knows that sugar is dangerous because of its relationship to diabetes but no one has come here to say it's a sin to take sugar. Same with palm oil and many other food we eat.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by missionmex(m): 7:10am On Mar 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I don't know about cigarettes but I smoke an average of 16 sticks of igbo per day yet I receive inspiration and revelations from God. Leave all those rubbish things small boys are smoking up and down and go for the real deal (ibadan weeds), you'd be so high that you won't know when you would start conversing on a daily basis with the Most High. cool

Friedplantain
it seems u r high while posting this grin
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Humblebloke(m): 7:16am On Mar 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I don't know about cigarettes but I smoke an average of 16 sticks of igbo per day yet I receive inspiration and revelations from God. Leave all those rubbish things small boys are smoking up and down and go for the real deal (ibadan weeds), you'd be so high that you won't know when you would start conversing on a daily basis with the Most High. cool

Friedplantain

No matter wetin d devil smoke..... E no fit high pass the most high!!!
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by UchecoOtentic(m): 7:17am On Mar 01, 2015
Before it is written smoking is not good to human health and cigarettes are not selling well but since they changed it to it is liable to die young see customers the that are already planning to commits suicide..
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by profem1(m): 7:19am On Mar 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
dude that's inspiration from Devil. not God!
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by killuminati(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2015
orbis:
I'm not talking about weed or marijuana or other drugs but simply stuffs like Benson and London cigarettes . I am a bit confused on this. Please can more enlightened members throw more light on t
Anything that destroy your health is a SIN. Cigarette is a GREAT sin.. Weed Mary J is medicinal, continue smoking weed at least once a day. I've been doing it since '97 and I'm 28 now.. Life Is Good!

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2015
ogunwalea:
The bible says in 1Corinthians 3:16-17 ESV;

"Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple."

Just like Madmadu said, an average cigeratte contains more than 200 HARMFUL CHEMICALS... And the bible warns us not to defile our body because it doesn't belong to us....

This is a story. It cld be dangerous to the health but it isn't a sin.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2015
I am not sure if smoking is a sin,but I know it's dangerous to ones health. Many hard drug users have died mysteriously and many are still suffering from the usage. Be drug free.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Idk, but guys who smoke foul-smelling cigars, and/or cigarettes and then proceed to mask the smell with a douse of heavy cologne are just...they should be dealt with by the law for the offense of devastating the senses of the populace.

On a more serious note, smoking is considered a sin on the premiss that it causes bodily harm.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by slymichael(m): 7:32am On Mar 01, 2015
Its a sin. Avoid dat tin dat will destroy ur soul as our body is d temple of d holy spirit.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 01, 2015
lacidi:
Smoking is not a sin. In Italy, even Roman Catholic Cardinals smoke. Smoking is only a sin in countries like Nigeria where smoking has always been seen as originating from the desire to "do guy".

If smoking is a sin because 'it destroys the body' , then sugar is a big sin because it causes diabetes and Palm oil is a huge sin because it causes high cholesterol. Everyone knows that sugar is dangerous because of its relationship to diabetes but no one has come here to say it's a sin to take sugar. Same with palm oil and many other food we eat.

You mailed it. Na everything be sin for Nigeria. We know religion pass those wey we borrow am from.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 01, 2015
its better not to talk at all than to open ur mouth and spew gibberish. A fool talk because he wants to display his foolishness and better is a single word from a wise man than a thousand word from the mouth of a fool. But the word of the wise is like a river of life granting life to thirsty men.
OP i will point to you some hidden treasure of the word of God and leave you to decide.

1 Grief not the Holy Spirit: If a girl gives her heart to you I ask is it right to break it just because she gave it to you of her own? You said that will be wickedness? You are right information saying that now bro, see it like this; The girl stand for God who gave her heart the Holy Spirit to you now is it right for you to grief the Spirit because of God generousity?

2 You are the Temple of God: Once in a town there is a king who summon his chief for a meeting to decide on a issue. After the meeting the King was aware of a stranger in the land whom the villagers oppress and beat up. The king then decide to live with the stranger for he thou "they will fear me". But the stranger bring into the house things that are abominations to the King.What then will the king do? will he tolerate that? You answer well the king will punish the stranger for his insolence. Now the king is God whom your oppression is reported to him by his elders that surround his throne. The villagers are the evil spirit oppressing you and you are the stranger which you're on earth. But God decided to live in you to keep you safe from evil one demanding nothing but holiness in ur body. Now bro is it good to polute ur body with smoking? Is it good to force God to destroy you? As it written "whoever destroy God temple God will destroy him" and that temple you are.

3. Why kill yourself?: A fool see a trap and walk straight into it but the wise avoid it and better is a living dog than a dead lion. Bro you yourself see what is written at the back of that cigarette "smokers are liable to die young" do you want to be the fool who walk straight to his trap? don't you know a living dog is better than a dead lion? don't you know you are more useful alive to your family, friends, country and the world at large than dead?

I lay before you this day brother the issue of death and life and it is ur duty to choose. Now what will you do bro? death or life?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
...what you tagged inspiration is not really inspiration from God,it's the begining of mental problems and visitation to mental illness home. Some folks receive greater inspiration from God without using drugs. I know something will kill a man,but one must not let it be hard drug...
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by darnley16(m): 7:56am On Mar 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
lol I liked your post but if the ibadan weed is that strong as you claim I don't think you'll be smoking 16 man,
source : A stoner
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 01, 2015
cigggggggarreeettes are harmful to d body....dont smoke....but if you must.... Make sure its Marijuana, natural and non addictive....
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by splashbaby(m): 8:16am On Mar 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
NFL visit this site sometimes!
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by swankylay(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2015
Explain how those who smoke in cold regions will see this as a sin.

Orunto:
Smoking of any Stuff that produces smokes from your mouth and noses is dangerous to your health. It is like taking a knife to kill yourself. It is suicide. Suicide is a Capital Sin before God. It is also like smoking bokoharams and suicide bombers into your country to kill yourself and your people. It is suicide, a sin and murder also a sin, double sins. May God help you.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by swankylay(m): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2015
The 10 commandments. That's d ONLY sin. Others r just to check us n scare us.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by abkay: 8:39am On Mar 01, 2015
orbis:
I'm not talking about weed or marijuana or other drugs but simply stuffs like Benson and London cigarettes . I am a bit confused on this. Please can more enlightened members throw more light on t

Lets even go to the bible where God told man that we should dominate d world and consume every thing we find,; plant or animal. He didnt have a caveat for cigarrette or weed or anything for that matter.. If we are talking of the effects it has on d body then we wont even eat anything because every food consumed has a side effect on d long run.. eat too much meat it can kill . Too much oil can kill. Too much anything at all has a negative side effect.. So my take is ; smoking is bad for the health jsut like many foods. If u can stop it better. But i dont agree its a sin..

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 01, 2015
smoking is not 'the sin', the act of destroying the vessel with smoking is the sin.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by milliondollas(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2015
[i][/i] the bible said we should have regard for life, smoking endanger ur life, if u smoke u have no regard for life and that make it a sin
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by levos2007(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2015
Orunto:
Smoking of any Stuff that produces smokes from your mouth and noses is dangerous to your health. It is like taking a knife to kill yourself. It is suicide. Suicide is a Capital Sin before God. It is also like smoking bokoharams and suicide bombers into your country to kill yourself and your people. It is suicide, a sin and murder also a sin, double sins. May God help you.
Young man , do you know must of the food we eat is a killer to the body, does that make it a sin or suicide.. taking care of your body is your responsibility , God doesn't give a shit.
coming from non-smoker!.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Revolva(m): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2015
orbis:

omo smoking is not a sin...jare ....God told man that we should dominate d world and consume every thing we find,; plant or animal....so na the plant part we got cigar n weed MJ..so lets consume it in any way
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Sodje364(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2015
sophib:
Its forbidden and a sin to take anything dat is harmful to ur health.
And what's not harmful to the health
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by charlsecy(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2015
I think smoking is unhealthy, but it may not neessarily be sinful. If smoking is clearly sinful because of its harmful effects, then eating oil is also sinful because of its harmful cholesterol.

martyns303:
A follower once asked one of the disciples if it is ok for a man to keep his hair long, and the disciple replied him saying, doesn't nature itself tell you these things are wrong?
How does Nature reveal that long hair on a man is wrong?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2015
If God wanted you to smoke, he would have made a chimney on top of your head..
SIN is Satan Identity Number..
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Stanleyafam(m): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2015
Smoking cigarettes is a sin not weed
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by LazyGod(m): 11:31am On Mar 01, 2015
@Friedplantane
May God open your eyes! Gift is different from the giver, that's why people can work miracles and still be told "I know you not" on the last day. That you have gift for clairvoyance doesn't mean a relationship with God.

#Is-Smoking-A-Sin?
God created everything for a purpose: NOTHING IS BAD WHEN APPLIED FOR THE RIGHT PURPOSE but even RIGHT BECOMES WRONG IN A WRONG PLACE and TOO MUCH IS BAD".

Meanwhile, there's no one filled with the holy ghost that will receive his approval to smoke. That's why christianity is not by knowledge or moral principles - it's by the holy ghost!
There are condictions a doctore will prescribe smoking for a patient. If I were to pastor such member I won't tell him to stop when his faith can not carry it except I was strictly instructed by the holy spirit.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by dragon2(m): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2015
It is not what enters a man that causes him to sin but, what comes out of him. Drinking and smoking is not sinful, but getting drunk or taking drugs or stimulants that lead to loss of self-control is sinful.It is the act by the person that matters not the things around him.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2015
Smoking destroys a smoker's internal organ slowly but surely. #smokersareliabletodieyoung

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria / Bishop Oyedepo's Caananland: Are The Shapes Demonic? / How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.