Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident (31799 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Ibrahim Dasuki / Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Stephen Keshi / Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by handie(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wife of the President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, on Sunday sympathised with the government and people of Bayelsa State over the death of some prominent women from the state in a motor accident in Rivers State.

Although the two-paragraph statement by her spokesman, Ayo Adewuyi, did not give the circumstances surrounding the death, an online report said the women, including the wife of the Secretary to the Bayelsa State Government, Elizabeth Oguru, died after a visit to Mrs. Jonathan.

The statement read, “The First Lady, Dame Dr. Patience Faka Jonathan wishes to commiserate with the Government and people of Bayelsa State, over the death of some prominent Bayelsa women in a motor accident around Elele in Rivers State, on their way to Bayelsa. “The First Lady prays the Almighty God to grant the souls of the deceased eternal
rest and the families the fortitude to bear
the irreparable loss.”

The online report said the accident occurred in Ahoada on the East-West Road in Rivers State. It gave the names of others who died in the accident to include Consider Amadi, a former Woman Leader in Ogbia; Clara Abila, a grassroots politician; Immaculate Amasimua, a former Commissioner in the Bayelsa State Civil Service Commission; Zimbra Goma, a former Commissioner for Women Affairs in Bayelsa State; and Hon. Ruby Benjamin, a former member of the House of Assembly representing Brass Constituency 1 of Bayelsa State.

They were said to be returning from Port Harcourt in Rivers State where they had gone on a visit to Mrs. Jonathan. The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission in Bayelsa State, Vincent Jack, confirmed the development. Jack spoke with newsmen on the telephone on Sunday. He, however, said only nine persons died in the fire that engulfed the vehicle in which the victims were travelling.

The accident was said to have occurred when the tyre of an oncoming Toyota Sienna exploded and the car rammed into the bus carrying the women. The bus burst into flames immediately. The coaster bus in which the women were travelling was said to have bore the inscription: “Women For Change Initiative,” Mrs. Jonathan’s Non- Governmental Organisation.

I'm a staunch supporter of General Muhammadu Buhari and i pray that may the departed rest in peace and may God give the families the fortitude to bear the loss.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathan-mourns-bayelsa-women

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by SeverusSnape(m): 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
cry I mourn them too cry
May their souls rest in peace.
Take heart mama peace.
We love you.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by EdCure: 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Mama piss has never ceased to cause troubles, sorrows, death, anguish and some comic relief since she left Bayelsa Govt House grin

**Praying for the families of the deceased...** sad

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by suwailad(f): 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
Na who get life dey condole and mourn people wey die
but na who also get life sabi deceive and lie
You don use dem do juju, you wan come mourn with your FELLOW WIDOWS grin grin grin grin grin grin

31 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by kestolove95(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sleep well
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by simplemach(m): 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Rip to the dead.
But what of the 'ghana must go' in the boot, who took it?

14 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by auntymi(f): 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIp to d deAd
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by clevvermind(m): 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
So sad. I feel like crying.
Back from ban. In God i trust.
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by hectorswag(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Off to bed... Busy day 2moro

RIP to the departed souls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by yuzjet(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hisssss..... Is dis a news?
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by free2ryhme: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Some of these people might have died chasing PDP “stomach infrastructure”. What a tragic end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by HDoc(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by lordsharks(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
So sad
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Such is life.
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Chai, Dairis godu oo

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by neyur: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
EdCure:
Mama piss has never ceased to cause troubles, sorrows, death, anguish and some comic relief since she left Bayelsa Govt House grin

For once in 365days be reasonable...

20 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by ChinemeOkpan: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
May we never encounter Badluck called Goodluck

May the women RIP

20 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by farano(f): 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
No one knows tomorrow
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Dannyset(m): 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
Watch as dis same woman will go n dance at a campaign rally in some days time.
RIP to the dead.

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Donvic4u(m): 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP TO THR DEAD
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by DrPrickson: 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
God bless you ma!

GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
She would address the situation with "My Fellow Death Ones"

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Nmeri17: 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
the women may be dead but their womanhood lives on embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by philips70(m): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
Another lie from APC shocked shocked
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by okon11: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
And thank God for omitting my name and those of my family members from the list of People this bloody election has claimed and will claim.

Nigeria will soon get herbal solution to HIV/AIDS –Researchers
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/science-tech-news/item/3260-nigeria-will-soon-get-herbal-solution-to-hiv-aids-researchers

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Innodon(m): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP to d dead
Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Lagusta(m): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
She didn't sympathize with those that lost their lives in the recent bomb blast in damaturu, however she can sympathize with her political goons....

Abeg kick her and her husband (or maybe wife grin ) out of aso rock....

GMB till jona grows a DIG BICK!!!

16 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by watered(m): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:
cry I mourn them too cry
May their souls rest in peace.
Take heart mama peace.
We love you.
hey!!! Listen and listen good, who are 'WE' that love who? Better rephrase ur sentence and personalise it to ursef cos I'm not among

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Dosoq(f): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sumtimes I wonder wat ppl gain wen dey risk deir lives 4 des yeye polithievians,o ma se ooo. E sun re oo

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident by Ilekeh(f): 9:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'd like to see a video

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chronicle Of APC Positions On Boko Haram Fight April 2013-date / Precious Chikwendu's Throws Birthday Bash Despite FFK Being Detained / Igbos In Lagos Pledge Allegiance To Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.