Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth (296323 Views)

Top 10 Richest Yoruba Actor And Actress And Their Net Worth 2017 / Hilarious! Nigerian Musicians And The Kind Of Students They Would Have Been / The Richest Nigerian Musicians And Their Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by rufaiabiodun(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
This list is bullshit. How can Flavour be richer than D'banj. Besides the grammatical errors in ur post suggest it is baseless, lacks fact and cannot be substantiated.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by omoadeleye(m): 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
Op, you turn urself to Eve, u wan gb us aple cop abi?? Tufiakwa!! No be we go chopam with you,

but imagine, untop all those luxurious shows, investment and endorsement, how come flavour is making it bigg than Dbanj, chaii deris God oo.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by MymothersKeeper(f): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
If our top runs girls e.g diiadem & queen can expose themselves on insta for bathing with chicken blood & carrying ebo at night to succeed more in their business & even I caught my ex who is from olamides neighbourhood sharing chicken blood to have people say yes to him sad I wonder how much blood these musicians are sharing. There is God oo
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
your Dbanj that is still a tenant or another D banj? D banj that was a security man in uk before he relocated together with Don Jazzy?

don jazzy? solek's keyboardist? grin
d'banj was a security officer quite alright in the UK but he made his break in UK's tax credit scheme. he made close to £2m. he was the one that brought don jazzy on board.

don jazzy was an ordinary keyboardist with a juju crooner in london called solek. he was broke and he relies on solek to eke a living. d'banj sold him the idea to go to nigeria and do music with the money they made on the internet & the rest is history.

Go and search for videos of interviews of his humble beginning, I know Lola owns CAPITAL OIL, She also bankrolled P Square music before they came to limelight. She rented their first house and also fed them, gave them their first car and also built the OMOLE mansion, Park View mansion, Jos Mansion, their village house and their estate in PH.

so if lola was running an oil company when the p-square twins were still in school doing little shows for jambites, how then is she a gold digger? why did Peter break up with ada - his girlfriend for many years?

who's the gold digger here?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by rufaiabiodun(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Abi o. The list is fucking fake
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by walezy14(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
You people like to give us fake information. Even KSA that started long ago couldnt amass such huge wealth you mentioned.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by SirShymexx: 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

what has his music career gotta do with the business side of things? was 50 cent the best rapper in the world when coca cola made him the richest rapper in 2007? was dre the best rapper when apple made him a billionaire last year?

i already told you d'banj is not even 10% as talented as the p-square twins but that's not the issue here. we are talking about their income & their brand. focus on the brand, leave the talent or the number of mouths to feed out of it.

d'banj owes a company?
which company? you nigerians make ms laugh. grin ;Dyou believe rumours than the gospel.

i am not even a fan of any of them. i only listen to rap music. the facts are what we are addressing here and d'banj's endorsements tower over any artiste in africa. even though he cannot sing, he's the one people are paying to see.

his "top of the world" music was used as ACN theme. one of his tracks "bother you" was also used as a sound track on chimamanda's half of the yellow sun movie. talent doesn't necessary translates to money - the brand is the key. kim kardashian has no talent see where that has got her. don't let d'banj's hatred becloud your senses.

he's the #1 in nigeria.

Lol. Coogz, I tried to school these numbnuts...but they're all stuck in delusion and smear campaign.

I still don't know how you can compare a D'banj who played at Glastonbury festival - to any naija artist. He's way above all of them. The only other naija artist ever to perform at Glastonbury was Fela Kuti. C'mon now, that is the biggest music festival on the planet, and once you perform there, your status is certified.

Then you've got "Oliver Twist" which charted in so many European countries - and the biggest crossover hit to ever come out of naij. These folks don't respect their jaws and greatness...black folks and always trying to bring their own down - shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Flawlessangel(m): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

what has his music career gotta do with the business side of things? was 50 cent the best rapper in the world when coca cola made him the richest rapper in 2007? was dre the best rapper when apple made him a billionaire last year?

i already told you d'banj is not even 10% as talented as the p-square twins but that's not the issue here. we are talking about their income & their brand. focus on the brand, leave the talent or the number of mouths to feed out of it.

d'banj owes a company?
which company? you nigerians make ms laugh. grin ;Dyou believe rumours than the gospel.

i am not even a fan of any of them. i only listen to rap music. the facts are what we are addressing here and d'banj's endorsements tower over any artiste in africa. even though he cannot sing, he's the one people are paying to see.

his "top of the world" music was used as ACN theme. one of his tracks "bother you" was also used as a sound track on chimamanda's half of the yellow sun movie. talent doesn't necessary translates to money - the brand is the key. kim kardashian has no talent see where that has got her. don't let d'banj's hatred becloud your senses.

he's the #1 in nigeria.
what part of psquare has made more money than dbanj dnt u understand? U talk about business part like its only dbanj who lookout 4 dat....so u think psquare being full blooded igbos that they are. Happens 2 b fools that boycot investments and depend solely on music all these years? Without creating multiple streams of income? Even i wouldnt b dat stupid, which makes ur argument 4 dbanj null and void, psquare signed d biggest endorsment deal in nigeria and possibly africa, they also won 150million naira for being the best african acts 4rm d korra awards , dat makes 400million without even including their music career and investments, yet u want me 2 bliv sum1 who is being called out for refusing 2 refund his debt is richer than these dude? Rili? Coogar rili?

, lemme give u a line 4rm psquare songs......
ITS GOOD 2 B SAVING 4 RAINY DAYS, SO AM USING MY SENSE TO DEY GATHER D PROPERTYS.........
When u understand d above statement, u wud know why psquare wud always b richer than dbanj

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
I don't think you deserve my time and arguement, Lola made P square win Kora Award that come with $1 million early in their career, she was the one that paid for their flight ticket to south africa for their Get Squared video, In fact she was even at venue cooking EFO RIRO and Gbegiri Soup for P Square
coogar:

don jazzy? solek's keyboardist? grin
d'banj was a security officer quite alright in the UK but he made his break in UK's tax credit scheme. he made close to £2m. he was the one that brought don jazzy on board.

don jazzy was an ordinary keyboardist with a juju crooner in london called solek. he was broke and he relies on solek to eke a living. d'banj sold him the idea to go to nigeria and do music with the money they made on the internet & the rest is history.

so if lola was running an oil company when the p-square twins were still in school doing little shows for jambites, how then is she a gold digger? why did Peter break up with ada - his girlfriend for many years?

who's the gold digger here?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
I don't think you deserve my time and arguement, Lola made P square win Kora Award that come with $1 million early in their career, she was the one that paid for their flight ticket to south africa for their Get Squared video, In fact she was even at venue cooking EFO RIRO and Gbegiri Soup for P Square

you don't have enough wisdom.
how did the p-square boys make the music video that launched them into limelight for KORA to notice them?

SirShymexx:

Lol. Coogz, I tried to school these numbnuts...but they're all stuck in delusion and smear campaign.
I still don't know how you can compare a D'banj who played at Glastonbury festival - to any naija artist. He's way above all of them. The only other naija artist ever to perform at Glastonbury was Fela Kuti. C'mon now, that is the biggest music festival on the planet, and once you perform there, your status is certified.
Then you've got "Oliver Twist" which charted in so many European countries - and the biggest crossover hit to ever come out of naij. These folks don't respect their jaws and greatness...black folks and always trying to bring their own down - shameful.

for these simpletons, it's not about facts....its a tribal issue. d'banj is yoruba & they are igbos - so the igbo man must win. grin

bush folks.....
comparing an african artiste that met jim iovine to the ones whose biggest investments are loya milk & globacom.

Flawlessangel:

what part of psquare has made more money than dbanj dnt u understand? U talk about business part like its only dbanj who lookout 4 dat....so u think psquare being full blooded igbos that they are. Happens 2 b fools that boycot investments and depend solely on music all these years?

business is different from business.
you cannot compare d'banj's endorsements to any other artiste in nigeria. beats by dre is now under apple & d'banj is the only african ambassador. apple made more money last year than any other company in the world. biko, leave local champions out of this matter.

Without creating multiple streams of income? Even i wouldnt b dat stupid, which makes ur argument 4 dbanj null and void, psquare signed d biggest endorsment deal in nigeria and possibly africa, they also won 150million naira for being the best african acts 4rm d korra awards , dat makes 400million without even including their music career and investments, yet u want me 2 bliv sum1 who is being called out for refusing 2 refund his debt is richer than these dude? Rili? Coogar rili?

d'banj's endorsement for bank of industry easily eclipsed the figures you have quoted here. d'banj has also been an ambassador for globacom twice.

do the math!

, lemme give u a line 4rm psquare songs......
ITS GOOD 2 B SAVING 4 RAINY DAYS, SO AM USING MY SENSE TO DEY GATHER D PROPERTYS.........

this is irrelevant to the discourse. even the twins would slap you themselves for comparing them to d'banj. the kinda people d'banj is rolling with are on another level. go and do your research - d'banj performed at glastonbury. i repeat, glastonbury!!!!

When u understand d above statement, u wud know why psquare wud always b richer than dbanj

be deceiving yourself. grin
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Danieldexii(m): 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Dis list na lie...
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Wealth is not about how long but how connected and how possitioned you are, if its about how long Kennis music would have being the best and the richest group but they are not.
walezy14:
You people like to give us fake information. Even KSA that started long ago couldnt amass such huge wealth you mentioned.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Freiburger(m): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

we are talking money & you are talking about fans that fainted. d'banj is a global brand. he's the only artiste in nigeria that can win a grammy. all the others aren't doing anything to push it to the next level. they just want to enjoy being local champions.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by FOREXMARTS: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Gamesmart: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The net worth figures are open to discussion. Most of her net worth, if true, might not necessarily come from singing but from investments she's made.

How do you know?

What research did you do or did your source do?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by SirShymexx: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

how did the p-square boys make the music video that launched them into limelight for KORA to notice them?

for these simpletons, it's not about facts....its a tribal issue. d'banj is yoruba & they are igbos - so the igbo man must win. grin

bush folks.....
comparing an african artiste that met jim iovine to the ones whose biggest investments are loya milk & globacom.

you cannot compare d'banj's endorsements to any other artiste in nigeria. beats by dre is now under apple & d'banj is the only african ambassador. apple made more money last year than any other company in the world. biko, leave local champions out of this matter.

d'banj's endorsement for bank of industry easily eclipsed the figures you have quoted here. d'banj has also been an ambassador for globacom twice.

do the math!

this is irrelevant to the discourse. even the twins would slap you themselves for comparing them to d'banj. the kinda people d'banj is rolling with are on another level. go and do your research - d'banj performed at glastonbury. i repeat, glastonbury!!!!

Lmao...for a lot of them, it's always about primitive tribal competition, and not actual facts. Even the OP of this thread is fond of pushing a tribal agenda - crazy mofos. The big players don't even go tribal when it comes to creating the best thing they can - hence Chimamanda could tap Biyi Bandele to direct her "Half of a yellow sun" movie; D'banj to sing the soundtrack; and John Boyega to act in it. Tribe/race/ethnicity and money don't mix - get the money first. grin

Then again, I saw a thread about that nyggah Bum Don Jazzy and his walking stick giving out loose change last week - that might also play a role in the hatred since black folks naturally like when people give them crumbs - and not show them the blueprint on effective networking and wealth creation. It's innate. Personally, I'll always take a Michael Jordan and his business sense of creating a multi-billion dollars empire with Air Jordan, despite the fact that he never gives out loose change, over some id.iot that shows off with crumbs. Give me the blueprint - not crumbs.

D'Banj created something a lot of naija artists ought to emulate - somewhat similar to jigga when it comes to networking and creating wealth. A lot of these folks don't understand business model. When creating business: the most important thing is networking, and not the product. D'banj has been able to build a solid international networking, that money will never be able to buy. That's a blank cheque he should keep cashing-in on, for a very long time. Hence he has been getting all kinds of international endorsements, none of these other artists will ever get a sniff of. And from what I've seen, I believe he's more connected to the naija elite class than all these other clowns - that's money link right there.

The only argument I've seen on these sides for smear campaign is about debts...and lousy/laughable claims that he owns no property lool. You don't pay every debt that you owe, that's just common sense - but that doesn't make you broke. The property tripe doesn't even deserve a reply - that's how much of a joke that nonsense is. All of them are just illiterates who dwell on garbage-in and garbage-out - and pub banter after binge drinking pints of beer/cider. I can't take them seriously. grin

Respect ya jaw! cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by scobaba: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
This is outright poo. what are these people singing to earn this much?

Imagine yemi alade is worth N820 million? How many albums and endorsements does she have?

Some blogger just sit at home and start writhing rubbish. what parameters did you take to arrive at this?

Most of their lifestyle your see on tv(which you used in creating this) is sooo fake. Someone passes some advert audition, get paid 100k and start ranting on Twitter he's just got endorsed with 200million!!

Any sha:
Working on my album
join you guys soon!!

see one of the people wey yemi dump grin
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by scobaba: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
dadaic:
If true true these musicians have this, they won't sing again. They will do just as Ayiri does. What kind of analysis is this? Last I heard, piracy has hurt the likes of these musicians. If they claim some are worth billions, my brother, them for they waka like god for road Na. MI hasn't paid his debt completely, with that kind of cash, he should be able to buy his label, and pay his artists handsomely. Phyno, Ahan, that guy doesn't have 10 million in his account. So davido and his father now are dragging billions together? Whoever wrote this has no sense of humor, no sense of fear, no sense of thinking. He just like to write.

grin grin grin..this guy don make my oga catch me say i dey do nairaland for office..i don laff like fool now now.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao...for a lot of them, it's always about primitive tribal competition, and not actual facts. Even the OP of this thread is fond of pushing a tribal agenda - crazy mofos. The big players don't even go tribal when it comes to creating the best thing they can - hence Chimamanda could tap Biyi Bandele to direct her "Half of a yellow sun" movie; D'banj to sing the soundtrack; and John Boyega to act in it. Tribe/race/ethnicity and money don't mix - get the money first. grin

all these ones on NL are just noisemakers - what do they know? it's always hausa vs yoruba or ijaw vs igbo. people who sit behind dusty desktops in nigeria & recant what they heard from linda ikeji. see how they are labelling lola omotayo a gold digger. grin a woman that already made her own money before p-square boys made it to the airwaves.

Then again, I saw a thread about that nyggah Bum Don Jazzy and his walking stick giving out loose change last week - that might also play a role in the hatred since black folks naturally like when people give them crumbs - and not show them the blueprint on effective networking and wealth creation. It's innate. Personally, I'll always take a Michael Jordan and his business sense of creating a multi-billion dollars empire with Air Jordan, despite the fact that he never gives out loose change, over some id.iot that shows off with crumbs. Give me the blueprint - not crumbs.

d'banj's thuggish outlook and his entertainer symbol is responsible for that. he likes to be the clown of the group & nigerians are easily fooled by the one that acts like the big man. it was d'banj's money that started the whole project.......but he needed don jazzy's excellent beat making skills to thrive.

i was at nottinghill carnival in 2004 when d'banj was still the sideshow for JJC & the 419 crew. it was the UK tax credit portal that got him the money. i salute his business acumen though. he could have wasted all that money on material nonsense but he had a dream & i fully respect his gift of foresight. he made don jazzy, not the other way. we used to spray don jazzy $1 dollar notes at london parties....for his skills with the keyboard.

D'Banj created something a lot of naija artists ought to emulate - somewhat similar to jigga when it comes to networking and creating wealth. A lot of these folks don't understand business model. When creating business: the most important thing is networking, and not the product. D'banj has been able to build a solid international networking, that money will never be able to buy. That's a blank cheque he should keep cashing-in on, for a very long time. Hence he has been getting all kinds of international endorsements, none of these other artists will ever get a sniff of. And from what I've seen, I believe he's more connected to the naija elite class than all these other clowns - that's money link right there.

this point was what caused the divorce between d'banj & don jazzie. d'banj was tired of being a local champion. he wanted to expand his empire but don jazzie wants to be the biggest fish in the pond.........in lekki peninsula grin

look at the quality of endorsements pouring in. he met kanye. kanye connected him to jim iovine through dre & he got the beats by dre ambassadorship. he tore the UK charts with oliver twist track and the brand keeps soaring. nigerians feel shortchanged by him cos he is doing more on foreign soil but who cares?

the shelf life of music in nigeria is way too short and it's not like people actually buy the music. everyone just downloads from illegal sources. piracy is eating deep into their income. don jazzy has no iota of business sense. he had the goose that lays golden eggs but he killed it himself. let him continue to parade his local talents and drink his loya milk.

The only argument I've seen on these sides for smear campaign is about debts...and lousy/laughable claims that he owns no property lool. You don't pay every debt that you owe, that's just common sense - but that doesn't make you broke. The property tripe doesn't even deserve a reply - that's how much of a joke that nonsense is. All of them are just illiterates who dwell on garbage-in and garbage-out - and pub banter after binge drinking pints of beer/cider. I can't take them seriously. grin

Respect ya jaw! cool

the smear campaign on debt is pure trash.
he owes debt and still bought £150,000 aston martin in the midst of the financial crisis? cheesy he must be the richest "debtor" in the world to achieve that.

while everyone is busy peddling dirty rumours about him, he was busy canvassing for signatures to kickstart agricultural investments for the youths in africa. he's a global brand. i don't like his music but you cannot fault his business acumen.

his story should be a curriculum in nigerian secondary schools.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by DarlintonOmeh: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
You guys should just take a little chill and understand that worth doesn't necessarily mean "cash at hand" as most of you tends to imagine. I did the writing and not the op. The rating is a result of two months of fact finding. Sometimes, you really may not know people you think you know
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
olusode97:
Be lying for yourselves... When did flavor start that you are saying that he is richer than dbanj... Rubbish list
I tire o
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
DarlintonOmeh:
You guys should just take a little chill and understand that worth doesn't necessarily mean "cash at hand" as most of you tends to imagine. I did the writing and not the op. The rating is a result of two months of fact finding. Sometimes, you really may not know people you think you know

your article is flawed.....
youtube views pay only $1 per 1000 views. so 50 million youtube views of p-square is just $50,000. so how did you come up with the figures you were throwing out there?

this is the information age era.
do your research very well before misinforming the public. your write-up may put any of these artistes in trouble when they need help.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by fuckerholic(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
This is outright poo. what are these people singing to earn this much?

Imagine yemi alade is worth N820 million? How many albums and endorsements does she have?

Some blogger just sit at home and start writhing rubbish. what parameters did you take to arrive at this?

Most of their lifestyle your see on tv(which you used in creating this) is sooo fake. Someone passes some advert audition, get paid 100k and start ranting on Twitter he's just got endorsed with 200million!!

Any sha:
Working on my album
join you guys soon!!
Don't mind them..as if na so the money dey flow like water..the richest among them (psquare) don't even worth up to 5billion
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by fuckerholic(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
Fulaman198:
I've never cared much for celebrities, what have they done to make the nation a better place for man and womankind alike?
You talk like the fulaniman you are
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Impulse80(m): 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

all these ones on NL are just noisemakers - what do they know? it's always hausa vs yoruba or ijaw vs igbo. people who sit behind dusty desktops in nigeria & recant what they heard from linda ikeji. see how they are labelling lola omotayo a gold digger. grin a woman that already made her own money before p-square boys made it to the airwaves.
d'banj's thuggish outlook and his entertainer symbol is responsible for that. he likes to be the clown of the group & nigerians are easily fooled by the one that acts like the big man. it was d'banj's money that started the whole project.......but he needed don jazzy's excellent beat making skills to thrive.

i was at nottinghill carnival in 2004 when d'banj was still the sideshow for JJC & the 419 crew. it was the UK tax credit portal that got him the money. i salute his business acumen though. he could have wasted all that money on material nonsense but he had a dream & i fully respect his gift of foresight. he made don jazzy, not the other way. we used to spray don jazzy $1 dollar notes at london parties....for his skills with the keyboard.

this point was what caused the divorce between d'banj & don jazzie. d'banj was tired of being a local champion. he wanted to expand his empire but don jazzie wants to be the biggest fish in the pond.........in lekki peninsula grin

look at the quality of endorsements pouring in. he met kanye. kanye connected him to jim iovine through dre & he got the beats by dre ambassadorship. he tore the UK charts with oliver twist track and the brand keeps soaring. nigerians feel shortchanged by him cos he is doing more on foreign soil but who cares?

the shelf life of music in nigeria is way too short and it's not like people actually buy the music. everyone just downloads from illegal sources. piracy is eating deep into their income. don jazzy has no iota of business sense. he had the goose that lays golden eggs but he killed it himself. let him continue to parade his local talents and drink his loya milk.

he owes debt and still bought £150,000 aston martin in the midst of the financial crisis? cheesy he must be the richest "debtor" in the world to achieve that.

while everyone is busy peddling dirty rumours about him, he was busy canvassing for signatures to kickstart agricultural investments for the youths in africa. he's a global brand. i don't like his music but you cannot fault his business acumen.

Is Dbanj your elder brother? undecided See as you dey make noise for Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by ak4God(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
shumuel:
To all those that don't believe this list and the amount our Musical Artists are making, let me break the ice for you

Its not that am so sure of the authenticity of the list or could really prove they are making such Amounts but i believe i can work with it to a belief.

Now lets analize the whole thing.

I believe the Money is coming from Youtube, why do i think so ?

If a Nigerian Musical artist could rate Millions on YouTube then i believe they should make such amounts, now let look at it at this point of veiw

U don dey crase no be small.Nonsense!!

1 Single = 1Million veiws

And YouTube pays a Dollar per veiw

1Million veiw = $1Million

$1Million = atleast N150Million

and some of these listed Nigerian Musical Artists has 3-5 Musical Videos that rated above 1Million veiws, so what are we saying

Do the Maths people

The money is not from Album sales but Internet ratings.

I hope this gives you a clue.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by SirShymexx: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

Lol. I think a lot of it has to do with the vacuous and non-existent Igbo business acumen that only exist in their obtuse minds. It's just like saying Pakis and their corner-shops everywhere create more wealth than the Jews - grandiose delusion. I see that shiit all the time, and it's hysterical. The delusional arrogance is what makes them feel everyone dealing with an Igbo is a gold-digger - and not based on facts.

I never even liked the D'banj when he first got big out here, but you just have to respect his hustle and the brand he created. Heck, that "Oliver Twist" tune is pure genius based on how he brought back memories of Charles Dickens. That was the tune that made Afrobeats a crossover genre in the UK...and there's hardly any club you go to these days where they don't play Afrobeats. Even if they don't - they'll play Oliver Twist. That "Suddenly" tune got me into D'banj, and that was cos my boy used to play it everyday, and it's like a hustler's anthem. It just grew on me. And since then, I've been checking out for the guy.

I saw them at 2005 carnival as well...them times they had big ar.se multi-coloured fake diamonds on. Is the JJC and 419 crew the same group the don from Brixton, Skillz, started?

I honestly don't think a lot of these folks understand the importance international networking plays in business/brand. And with Africa/Nigeria opening up to the world for more international businesses - the endorsements are going to keep pouring in cos he's the biggest brand out of the country, and the only one those in the international community are acquainted with.

Darn! He bought Aston Martin? - Hbillions. Even Tinie Tempah and Dizzie Rascal don't drive Aston Martin. grin

Folks just love hating on what they can't touch. Afrobeat is a genre of music that's pure trash/garbage, where all the artists sound the same - with the same beats albeit different loops. However, you've got a great ambassador that has been able to break barriers, by pushing the genre into the international scene. Rather than embrace him and show him love - it's all about smear campaign based on idi.otic jejune tales and fables - and pure hatred. And on the flipside the same heads will start complaining about black folks not making progress. How will you make progress when it's always about hating on every successful person out of ya stock?

Hopefully, he'll create another banger soon. I think he should work with the Ashanti warrior, Fuse ODG - that'll break the charts in the UK. Fuse has been dominating the charts for a minute, and working with D'banj might propel them to number 1 based on how big Afrobeat is in the UK now.

I admire his business sense...and he has swag (pause...no homo lool). I like Burna Boy as well cos he sounds different, and he keeps it London Town flee.. Then Davido.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by InvertedHammer: 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
/
Take the number and divide by 10.

OP thinks there is a positive correlation between viewership and net worth.

The people making money are the producers. Only a few artists do scale through.

No Nigerian artist is worth N1 billion. It is

There you have it.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by LajaLaba: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
prelinctus:
@coogar, lola was a golddigger jor. You do realise she's way older than Peter.
Lola a golddigger grin u are really a jester
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Flawlessangel(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

bush folks.....

do the math!

dude ur argument dsnt make sense...u keep saying shit like dbanj is an ambassador 4 bbd but how much was he paid? ...bank of industry? Oh plzz , how much was he paid?.......u keep pulling crap outta ur ass to argue 4 dbanj wit no proof.....show me figures man not overhyped bullshit.....if a big company endorses u 4 little amount and a small company endorses u 4 a large amount which endorsment is better? People who know shit abt what happens in d industry and keep tabs on things like dis are telling u psquare is richer and u are here arguing bull shit......glo has never paid 240milla to any naija artiste ever...so dnt even go there...dbanj deal is not even up 2 50 milla...even if dbanj performed in GLASTONBURY it dsnt matter, it all boils down to, HOW MUCH WAS HE PAID?.....and dats just one show....lets even assume d money he got 4rm dat show is huge.........psquare goes to 3 shows and bamn! Dey hav stalemated/eclipsed d money db got 4rm d glastonbury shit.........and u wud b a fool if u argue that dbanj goes to more shows than psquare.......

When u show me figures of how much dbanj was paid 4 bbd and bnk of industry.....we can chat....until then ur argument is declared ...NULL AND VOID! AND UR POINT USELESS AND IRRELEVANT.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by saltysleek(m): 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Abi nah april fool him wan do us...
If I hear... net worth nikan koo... general wealth niii
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by phatlytall(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
This post is has fake as nicki minaj bums aπϑ boobs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Before And After Plastic Surgery And Implants(pictures) / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? / Nollywood Actors And Their Wives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.