Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice (32861 Views)

I Just Got Two Jobs(taking Both)praise God! / Undecided Over Two Jobs Offers!!! Please Advice / How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by tochimajesty: 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
My good people of nairaland and beyond, Pls I am presently working as a biometric staff with diamond bank as a contract staff. But I got offer from AB micro finance as a loan officer. The pay for diamond is 50k while that of AB is 70k. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target. Pls give me your good advice my dear brothers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by ammyluv2002(f): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
Stay with Diamond there's room for growth and they are more reliable. 20k is not worth the stress

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Merlissa(f): 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
Not worth it... Stay with diamond

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Stay at diamond bank.

11 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by pryd(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target.

Stick with Diamond bro..

17 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Chigorkizz(m): 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
stay wit diamond

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by toxiflam: 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
on a lighter note
Diamond- Precious gem
AB- Akara and Bread
Choose
Anyway, It depends on ur career path, a loan officer position might just push you to break boundaries but then diamond might just provide a structured management organization

28 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by donigspain(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
Did I read the word TARGET in your AB Micro-wareva contract?

That word in red above is a life-sucking career Dracula. angry

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by vickylala239: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Diamond!!! I hate target more Dan anytin!!!!

I once went for a job interview!! @ d process Dey strtd telling Mi target stuff.instantly I knew am Nt cumin bck,Wat Eva is d outcome.after d interview Dey gav Mi anoda form.I ran home wit d form NEVA to return.
Immediately I got Hme.I ran to kitchen direct,Chai I Cum imagine my suit n d stress,preparation I made.not knowing target rubbish.

Chai see as I cut down my Afro Jst for. Dat rubbish interview

After 4days Dey send msgs n called me.I told dem I Dnt wnt any job with target.Dat I Dnt Hv a shoe for Dat.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by hardbody: 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
My good people of nairaland and beyond, Pls I am presently working as a biometric staff with diamond bank as a contract staff. But I got offer from AB micro finance as a loan officer. The pay for diamond is 50k while that of AB is 70k. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target. Pls give me your good advice my dear brothers.

You just advised yourself in the question, so what other advise do you need? Can you in all seriousness compare MFB job with that of a full fledged commercial bank? If them no follow you from village, stick to whatever it is you are doing at Diamond bank. The N20k difference that is pushing you now will not remain sustainable when they send you out from the MFB for not meeting a 'moving target'.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by PS2man: 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:

Remain with diamond bank joor! I hate target job because anything can happen if you don't meet up, your salary might be slashed or better still relief your job.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
vickylala239:

I once went for a job interview!! @ d process Dey strtd telling Mi target stuff.instantly I knew am Nt cumin bck,Wat Eva is d outcome.after d interview Dey gav Mi anoda form.I ran home wit d form NEVA to return.
Immediately I got Hme.I ran to kitchen direct,Chai I Cum imagine my suit n d stress,preparation I made.not knowing target rubbish.

After 4days Dey send msgs n called me.I told dem I Dnt wnt any job with target.Dat I Dnt Hv a shoe for Dat.
u just cracked my rib... grin
vickylala239:

u just cracked my rib...

9 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by roufy235(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
Stay with diamond

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by kayLion(m): 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Well, for me o, I would say u should leave a contract job and move to a more stable job, AB is a loan company and giving out loans is kinda smooth..u have a bonus that you'll earn at the end of each month on your loan disbursed. It's better than a commercial bank where your are on Contract. 70k Normal staff is better 50k Contract staff...my 2cents

25 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by ammyluv2002(f): 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
vickylala239:

U funny no be small

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by james669: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Monetary benefit should not be your main only concern in your choice you must also consider working condition, job security don't take these two lightly

I slept with over 80 women, infected my wife with HIV – Actor, Hanks Anuku
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/3299-i-slept-with-over-80-women-infected-my-wife-with-hiv-actor-hanks-anuku

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:

Who wants to work with stress¿....Itz best you stick with your diamond that has built a reputation for it self & can stay as long as you can imagine.
On like the AB whom nobody knows as a bank and can betray you,by cutting down on staff,coupled with the fact itz stressful.

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:

Stay with Diamond.

Microfinance banks.....IMO....are not stable.

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
Stay with Diamond bank, if not for anything, because of the brand. You can use the Diamond Bank brand to get better opportunities in the banking sector.

Also, some of these MFBs are not that stable. They cut pay at will, delay salaries, tie salaries to targets and all that.

11 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by siraj1402(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
Hello bros,stick with ur diamond and believe something great is ahead you.Early last year December, I was totally down and badly in need of a job.Though a brother promise me of something to start with but I've been waiting too long.Then I was totally disturbed and need to do something that was when someone I have helped with his Arabic class sometimes before called me and said he is feeling guilty that I'm jobless and he can't help.He is MD of a construction company and asked me to work with him.He promise to pay 50k and that for the last one week before the end of December, that he will pay 25% which is 25k which he did.We went for supervision at one of our site that was when I was call for an interview at Ibadan which I honour without his knowledge.The interview was OK and I was offered the job with 40k,though I'm ready to take it because I think it will be permanent and will allow me to continue my life,that was when I was told that we will be doing praise and worship ever morning before the work and I must to join.I tried to convince then why I'm there and that's what matter most to me but they said I must join.I went for the interview because my boss said there is no much work at hand and that I'm likely to still go after the projects.After so many thinking and considerations I rejected the offer and ask for the best from my God. My boss accountant salary is 120k per month which he think its not really worth it as the job does not really in need of serious accounting.At the end of january,the accountant was reliefed by finding another place for him and I was made the admi manager. For that January ending,I was paid 60k and we have won a contract of about 600m giving me hope for continuity.So stick with what you have and be prayerful.

11 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by olayincar(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Stay with Diamond there's room for growth and they are more reliable. 20k is not worth the stress

Yes you are right!

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
I almost leave my job of 40K in a Research Lab( work 8am - 4pm) for 55K in a hospital with stress from patients( work 8am - 5pm), but now am enjoying >65K cos I didn't leave.
Don't kill urself with stress my dear.

5 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by chamboy(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
U would still beta one after May29

Saibuhari

3 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by mascot87(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
ammyluv2002:

I agree with u 100%

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
WTF do u mean dude?
The higher the stress the higher the pay.

What you're saying is just like advising me to quite using Mtn Bis on Android that goes for 1k for unlimited gigs and embrace Airtel Bis that goes for 3gb @ 1300k because the mtn Bis is hard and stressful to setup.

Grow some amu and pick the higher paying job.

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
You are a contract staff and contract could end anytime, so suck up the stress and accept certainty but be ready to work harder

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
No worry, by May 29th Buhari will increase ur income base

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by klem93(m): 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
what are you waiting for
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by GodMode: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Searching diamond "contract staff" database for the OP's real name...

OP to be given query for mentioning a company's name in an unprofessional manner
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by listenersky: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Stay with Diamond bank, because the worth of diamond bank on your cv is more than the extra 20k.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Orders Fresh Verification Of N-Power Beneficiaries / N-power: What Brand And Model Of Tablet Would be Given To Participants ? / 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.