Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:37 PM

Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition (23984 Views)

Poll: Should Fashola Be Given A Part On The Back For Oshodi Market Demolition?

Yes: 78% (160 votes)
No: 11% (24 votes)
Indifferent: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / The Aesthetics And Politics Of Oshodi, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by MustardInc: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2009
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by MustardInc: 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2009
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Praise God!!
AMEN?
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Mikalaika: 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2009
wink
I feel satisfied that atleast a governor in Nigeria is aware of the changing trend in urbanisation. Lagos state should be a mega city, with the necessary infrastructures. It is surpposed to attract foriegn investors and be mentioned as one of the prides of Africa.
I was ransacked and almost denied passage to Phnom Pehn, the capital of Cambodia that looks like Aba or Onitsha because I was a Nigerian. And when I asked why they were treating me harshly, they said that they were suspecting that I'll not return from Cambodia again. You can Imagne that! If there was a place like where Fashola is trying to create, I would have buttressed my point well. But I could not boast of anything. not even Abuja.
If I were Fashola, I will destroy more Shops. What kind of business will a person be doing without being able to contribute to the economy of the state and make profits. What Fashola will end up teaching these traders is that they should do their businesses properly. Not only to make naira to feed their families but also to raise the standard of their businesses .
I am relieved that we have a capable Public adminstrator in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by oyinda3(f): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2009
Lagos looks like a mess. wow undecided
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2009
the new lagos

starts now!!!!

eko o ni baje grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by romeo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2009
Mikalaika:

wink
I feel satisfied that atleast a governor in Nigeria is aware of the changing trend in urbanisation. Lagos state should be a mega city, with the necessary infrastructures. It is surpposed to attract foriegn investors and be mentioned as one of the prides of Africa.
I was ransacked and almost denied passage to Phnom Pehn, the capital of Cambodia that looks like Aba or Onitsha because I was a Nigerian. And when I asked why they were treating me harshly, they said that they were suspecting that I'll not return from Cambodia again. You can Imagne that! If there was a place like where Fashola is trying to create, I would have buttressed my point well. But I could not boast of anything. not even Abuja.
If I were Fashola, I will destroy more Shops. What kind of business will a person be doing without being able to contribute to the economy of the state and make profits. What Fashola will end up teaching these traders is that they should do their businesses properly. Not only to make naira to feed their families but also to raise the standard of their businesses .
I am relieved that we have a capable Public adminstrator in Nigeria.

All to his/her opinion!! But i will suggest you travel more and probably to the developed west. It has the power to change people's view of life and values.

The above highlighted is dumb.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by toba1909(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2009
I support the demolition.
A lot of atrocities have being committed in Oshodi, the zone has being tagged highly criminal zone,
where citizens try to by-pass and dodge in most cases.
The issue is just for the government to create an alternative for the traders dislodged from Oshodi,
so as not to increase the crime rate of the state.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2009
Do you guys know Oshodi is supposed to be the continuation so Agege motor road which should be one of the top 3 roads in Lagos where you can get to the Island.

Now because market people have taken over the place anyone going from Iyana Ipaja to Lagos Island has to do an Israelite journey through either Ikorodu road-which was supposed to be a service road to Agege motor road or worse still 3rd mainland!!!!

The whole population of Lagos now suffers because A few thousand want to sell their wares on the main road.

why is it so difficult for us as Nigerians to follow rules? I would build my house on the road or on a pipeline route who would claim he is ignorant that its not good to sell on railway tracks and roads.

Several government have screamed and no one listened I support Fashola 100% on this.

You all see the advanced country and ask when would Nigeria be like this but govt taking measures to do that and we are complaining

For those screaming that Computer village was about tribalism against Igbos I hope you have something to say about Oshodi too.

Fashola Carry go!!! Eko o ni baje!!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by vicade(m): 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2009
Nice one by Fashola

EKo O Ni Baje.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by toba1909(m): 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
dayokanu:

Do you guys know Oshodi is supposed to be the continuation so Agege motor road which should be one of the top 3 roads in Lagos where you can get to the Island.

Now because market people have taken over the place anyone going from Iyana Ipaja to Lagos Island has to do an Israelite journey through either Ikorodu road-which was supposed to be a service road to Agege motor road or worse still 3rd mainland!!!!

The whole population of Lagos now suffers because A few thousand want to sell their wares on the main road.

why is it so difficult for us as Nigerians to follow rules? I would build my house on the road or on a pipeline route who would claim he is ignorant that its not good to sell on railway tracks and roads.

Several government have screamed and no one listened I support Fashola 100% on this.

You all see the advanced country and ask when would Nigeria be like this but govt taking measures to do that and we are complaining

For those screaming that Computer village was about tribalism against Igbos I hope you have something to say about Oshodi too.

Fashola Carry go!!! Eko o ni baje!!!

Dayo,

Nice expatiation you made there.
There's nothing like tribalism in Fashola's govt o!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Naijex: 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2009
I hope they provide them with an affordable replacement that will not be allocated to fashola 's associate.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by kayoday(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2009
Naijex:

I hope they provide them with an affordable replacement that will not be allocated to fashola 's associate.
which replacement are u talking about cos the shed were illegal as they were all trading on the highway. The main stores along the road were all spared from demolition . Driving from Bolade to Oshodi under bridge( a distance less than 200m)at about 1 pm ( not rush hr) took me 3hrs 27mins some days before christmas before. As of today the same distance took me less than 5 mins.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by kaypumpin2(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2009
This demolition is a milestone!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2009
How can ONE DEMOLISH people's livelihood without creating alternatives or options?? What a very stupid move!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by izinbizi(m): 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2009
Anybody that wants to live in dirt should go to his village, if everybody developes a culture of keeping his sorrounding tidy, there wont be a need for demolitions. Oshodi was an eyesore and needed cleansing, the cost has to be paid, but in the long run the benefit is a lot more appealing. Fashola carry on.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2009
How can Fashola carry on if he hasn't create options/alternatives ?
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2009
People will either create another OSHODI market else where or turn to armed robbery, I'm sure u'd like that better. Wouldn't you ?
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Jan 07, 2009
izi-n-bizi:

Anybody that wants to live in dirt should go to his village, if everybody developes a culture of keeping his sorrounding tidy, there wont be a need for demolitions. Oshodi was an eyesore and needed cleansing, the cost has to be paid, but in the long run the benefit is a lot more appealing. Fashola carry on.

Oshodi has been demolished at least 10 times, before now, in the history of Lagos State since 1980 to present day. Yaba has undergone so many "Face lifts" as well. Maroko, Mechanic village. . . all of them.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by bronxdog: 12:02am On Jan 07, 2009
OBVIOUS:

How can ONE DEMOLISH people's livelihood without creating alternatives or options?? What a very stupid move!!

It is obvious you are the stupid one here - so the railway track and the centre of the motorway is the right place for the livelihood of people? Have you ever been to the said place? have you seen the environment sadness surrounding the place, the way they shit along the rail tracks, the way there is no toiletaround the whole massive market and people resort to defecating around the surrounding? Have you thought about all that?, safety on the rail tracks, have you seen what happnes when railway approaches this market area? have you?
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2009
In fact villages are  MUCH cleaner than Oshodi market. Oshodi market is a reflection of the growing disorganization, the MADNESS, Nigeria calls government.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:03am On Jan 07, 2009
bronx_dog:

It is obvious you are the stupid one here - so the railway track and the centre of the motorway is the right place for the livelihood of people? Have you ever been to the said place? have you seen the environment sadness surrounding the place, the way they shit along the rail tracks, the way there is no toiletaround the whole massive market and people resort to defecating around the surrounding? Have you thought about all that?, safety on the rail tracks, have you seen what happnes when railway approaches this market area? have you?

Rather than sort to abuses, ask yourself the question, WHY DOES OSHODI MARKET EXIST? then calmly think of how to create alternatives.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:05am On Jan 07, 2009
@ bronx_dog: FYI, I live in Lagos.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Jan 07, 2009
roflmao!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by bronxdog: 12:09am On Jan 07, 2009
OBVIOUS:

Rather  than sort to abuses, ask yourself the question, WHY DOES OSHODI MARKET EXIST? then calmly think of how to create alternatives.

Oshodi market existed because of people like you who resort to breaking rules just to make money, money and money.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:11am On Jan 07, 2009
bronx_dog:

Oshodi market existed because of people like you who resort to breaking rules just to make money, money and money.

Now i'm Roflmao like Kobo. hmmmm,
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:13am On Jan 07, 2009
People who sell at Oshodi only make enough to survive. If they were a lot more comfortable, they won't be at Oshodi. Nigerian government officials has broken more rules, than the people at Oshodi market ever will.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Jan 07, 2009
Hey @Obvious, Where in Lagos are you? Can you please email me as I have a request to ask of you please? Thanks
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by kaypumpin2(m): 12:20am On Jan 07, 2009
Let all those that cant cope in Lagos go back to their home town rather than litter the street of Lagos.
It is inevitable that some hands MUST get burnt in this bid to rid Lagos of trashy stalls thus NO apologies.
Imagine the number of unrecorded deaths the shenanigan in Oshodi causes daily and some peeps are here
justifying the illegalities.Flea market indeed.Wares been displayed on railway tracks shocked?
Or is it driving a distance of 100 metres within Oshodi for 2 hours.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Jan 07, 2009
Have you ever actually lived in Lagos? @Kay_pumpin

If yes, for how long?
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2009
@ Kobo, just sent you an email. R u a journalist ?
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by OBVIOUS(m): 12:29am On Jan 07, 2009
@ Kobo, I reside somewhere in VI. Left NY for Lagos for work related responsibilities.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by kaypumpin2(m): 12:38am On Jan 07, 2009
I have lived in Lagos all my life,only leave for vacation and whn i come back,it is places like Oshodi that makes me wanna run back.Whatever your point is,the demolition is a good exercise,no matter whose oxen is gored.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu In Katsina, Meets Delegates / Yakubu Dogara Blast Tinubu Says Emilokan Is Heresy / Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.