Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids (81205 Views)

Africans Were The First People Of The Ancient Americas / The Ancient Ibibio People / History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:36am On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

What cultures? White? Mere coincidence that same edifice was used for similar purposes without prior contact?

NOW at last you begin to comprehend!

We still look forward to you publishing your crazy theory though!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 12:40am On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

NOW at last you begin to comprehend!

We still look forward to you publishing your crazy theory though!
Just drawing your attention that it is not a mere coincidence and occurance. Go and sit down with your irrelevant and very crazy eurocentric opinions. Lol. There was no contact between different regions of Africa until the white man came all the way from Europe to civilize Africans! There was equally no movement of people in and out of Africa in history. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:50am On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Just drawing your attention that it is not a mere coincidence and occurance. Go and sit down with your irrelevant and very crazy eurocentric opinions. Lol. There was no contact between different regions of Africa until the white man came all the way from Europe to civilize Africans! There was equally no movement of people in and out of Africa in history. SMH.

Well I never said any of that. Read my posts! There was certainly no contact with Mesoamerica/Asia at the time of their pyramid building!

Its hardly Eurocentric to be correct! That is simply your racism showing!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 8:10am On Feb 20, 2015
Lol. Still incapable of making coherent sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Lol. Still incapable of making coherent sense.

I merely quoted Archaeological consensus.

You don't like it (even though you know nothing about it) and as it disagrees with you that must be (because of your obvious inferiority complex) because they are white?? (They are all races and colours).

Be proud of your culture and race and be proud for the right reasons. It has enough to recommend it WITHOUT inventing nonsense that is patently wrong.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by bigfrancis21: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

You don't like it (even though you know nothing about it) and as it disagrees with you that must be (because of your obvious inferiority complex) because they are white?? (They are all races and colours).

Be proud of your culture and race and be proud for the right reasons. It has enough to recommend it WITHOUT inventing nonsense that is patently wrong.

Are you implying that ancient Egyptians were 'whites'?

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Consesus between who? How many of your experts worked on Igbo pyramids? I would apperciate if you stop quoting me on this thread! The nonesense you are writing is purely Eurocentric. If you were smart enough you will know that your 'Stonehenge' is under serious scrutiny!
Your inferiority complex stems from the fact that you and your folks had nothing,only living on the glory of past civilizations. Crediting Africans would mean accepting what you have long fought against. Why would someone say previous world civilizations had no contact when the evidence are out there?

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why should i feel inferior next to your 'experts consesus'? On my own NAIRALAND? Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Consesus between who? How many of your experts worked on Igbo pyramids? I would apperciate if you stop quoting me on this thread! The nonesense you are writing is purely Eurocentric. If you were smart enough you will know that your 'Stonehenge' is under serious scrutiny!
Your inferiority complex stems from the fact that you and your folks had nothing,only living on the glory of past civilizations. Crediting Africans would mean accepting what you have long fought against. Why would someone say previous world civilizations had no contact when the evidence are out there?

My writing is WORLD centric! You have worked on NO pyramids at all and if fat have NO formal archaeological qualifications of ANY kind. So argue against the scientific world from such a position of ignorance is laughable.

I credit the IGBO with IGBO pyramids! Each culture gets the credit for their own achievements despite you flights of fancy! Ka chi fo!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Why should i feel inferior next to your 'experts consesus'? On my own NAIRALAND? Lol.

You should not but clearly do! YOUR NAIRALAND? There are many Nairalanders of which you and I are merely one.

I praised the Igbo and this wonderful achievement. You made a mockery of the achievement by an unsubstantiated, illogical uneducated and ridiculous assertion. When this was pointed out to you, you began to say it was wrong because of some western bias nonsense. And now you try to claim Nairaland for yourself? smh!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by gatiano(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxax. racist?
This is impossible for any black brother or black sister to be any kind of racist. accept what you are and find peace working the no-good, egoistic characters away and out of you human beastie construct.
I don't hate white people, hate is a heavy load of emotion, i can't afford to carry them like you can. I'm friends with white people that understand their position, and they work day in and day out to perfect their characters.
speaking yoruba doesn't help you with that
[quote author=KoloOyinbo post=30898225][/quote]
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
gatiano:
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxax. racist?
This is impossible for any black brother or black sister to be any kind of racist. accept what you are and find peace working the no-good, egoistic characters away and out of you human beastie construct.
I don't hate white people, hate is a heavy load of emotion, i can't afford to carry them like you can.

I'm friends with white people that understand their position, and they work day in and day out to perfect their characters.
WOW HOW RACIST IS THIS REMARK?

speaking yoruba doesn't help you with that

So it is impossible for a black person to be any kind of racist? YOU SAY?

Yet tribalism (simply another form of racism) is rife in Africa. AND you contract world experts simply because of their colour and especially when they argue from evidence and you argue from some flight of fantasy.

I work regularly in Naija (usually Lagos, Bonny or Pitawaka) and am engaged to an Edo gal and have very many Nigerian friend both at home and in Naija. They are from MANY different tribes so I do know that racists like you (despite being in self denial) are not the norm among a really great people.

Perhaps YOU should work to perfect your character?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by gatiano(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Racist is from the word to race, racist is a person racing, racing to where is what a blackman did not understand for a longtime, we just in the last 100 years began to understand why you people are racing, you are the devils, and you have but a short time, so it made sense that you race against time. As you can see, your race is wearing out, you are dieing off, you mortality rate or death rate is higher than your birth rate, you are drunks, you're suffering from different types of emotional breakdown and severe depression, bi polarism, sunflares is causing you melacoma, earthquakes, tornedos, hurricanes and severe snowstorm is pursuing you everywhere you go and everywhere you are, so you use the black people around you as barricade. The earth is tired of you, she wants to wash you away yet the outer space does not want you, you are a contaminated people. who is now racing? your fathers had seen this coming for ages and they had raced so much so that they are so confused now.
The arabs (which are you elder brothers) seems to be taking over your places and to make it all scary, they have the blackman's religion which is Freedom, Equality and Justice (which is far opposite to your nature),it is enoumously impossible for you to live life with a code of peace, you can't live by freedom, you don't believe in equality and justice is not your ways, it will never be.

let us be real with ourselves, you people are animals, everyday's news can bear me witness, you are causing confusion, problems all around the world and in your demented minds, you call it democracy, even your brothers from the east are tired of you, you are tired of each other. Even your elder brothers(the white arabs) have turned upside down the wonderful religion. I guess it is a common disease amongst the caucasian people.

You work in the wharf (exporting africa's resources without paying duty free and taxes), afterall that is what you do well, stealing people's history. You married an Edo wonderful blackwoman, so what? that does not make you a brother of a ressurected, upright blackman, You will have to work for that, it will take you between 30 to 50 years to attain that without any mistakes (that was in the 13th century), today you are just a people that will perfect their characters forever.

Thankyou, i work on my character everyday part of which include breaking away colonial mentality instilled into my DNA. and it is easy washing it away.

KoloOyinbo:

So it is impossible for a black person to be any kind of racist? YOU SAY?

Yet tribalism (simply another form of racism) is rife in Africa. AND you contract world experts simply because of their colour and especially when they argue from evidence and you argue from some flight of fantasy.

I work regularly in Naija (usually Lagos, Bonny or Pitawaka) and am engaged to an Edo gal and have very many Nigerian friend both at home and in Naija. They are from MANY different tribes so I do know that racists like you (despite being in self denial) are not the norm among a really great people.

Perhaps YOU should work to perfect your character?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Fulaman198(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ancient Egyptians were not white. Even white professionals agree now that it simply wasn't the case. They always drew themselves as 'dark-skinned' people.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
gatiano:
Racist is from the word to race, racist is a person racing, racing to where is what a blackman did not understand for a longtime, we just in the last 100 years began to understand why you people are racing, you are the devils, and you have but a short time, so it made sense that you race against time. As you can see, your race is wearing out, you are dieing off, you mortality rate or death rate is higher than your birth rate, you are drunks, you're suffering from different types of emotional breakdown and severe depression, bi polarism, sunflares is causing you melacoma, earthquakes, tornedos, hurricanes and severe snowstorm is pursuing you everywhere you go and everywhere you are, so you use the black people around you as barricade. The earth is tired of you, she wants to wash you away yet the outer space does not want you, you are a contaminated people. who is now racing? your fathers had seen this coming for ages and they had raced so much so that they are so confused now.
The arabs (which are you elder brothers) seems to be taking over your places and to make it all scary, they have the blackman's religion which is Freedom, Equality and Justice (which is far opposite to your nature),it is enoumously impossible for you to live life with a code of peace, you can't live by freedom, you don't believe in equality and justice is not your ways, it will never be.
let us be real with ourselves, you people are animals, everyday's news can bear me witness, you are causing confusion, problems all around the world and in your demented minds, you call it democracy, even your brothers from the east are tired of you, you are tired of each other. Even your elder brothers(the white arabs) have turned upside down the wonderful religion. I guess it is a common disease amongst the caucasian people.
You work in the wharf (exporting africa's resources without paying duty free and taxes), afterall that is what you do well, stealing people's history. You married an Edo wonderful blackwoman, so what? that does not make you a brother of a ressurected, upright blackman, You will have to work for that, it will take you between 30 to 50 years to attain that without any mistakes (that was in the 13th century), today you are just a people that will perfect their characters forever.
Thankyou, i work on my character everyday part of which include breaking away colonial mentality instilled into my DNA. and it is easy washing it away.

RACIST CRAP FROM THE UNEDUCATED!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Fulaman198:
Ancient Egyptians were not white. Even white professionals agree now that it simply wasn't the case. They always drew themselves as 'dark-skinned' people.

Yes this is correct. I never said otherwise. Pyramid building was never dependent on skin colour (why would it be). These type of structures have been built independently by many cultures of differing skin colour.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

You should not but clearly do! YOUR NAIRALAND? There are many Nairalanders of which you and I are merely one.

I praised the Igbo and this wonderful achievement. You made a mockery of the achievement by an unsubstantiated, illogical uneducated and ridiculous assertion. When this was pointed out to you, you began to say it was wrong because of some western bias nonsense. And now you try to claim Nairaland for yourself? smh!
Yes, Nairaland is Nigerian and African. Are you going to take the credit from Nigerians,again?
I've had enough of your prejudice and ignorance!
I repeat how many experts studied the Igbo pyramid? Is it impossible that builders of Eqypytian and Nubian pyramid had no contact with the rest of the world? Go and take several seats!

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 6:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Yes this is correct. I never said otherwise. Pyramid building was never dependent on skin colour (why would it be). These type of structures have been built independently by many cultures of differing skin colour.
Different skin colours? Ancient Mesoamericans + Igbos + Sudan + Eqypt + China etc = Negroid.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Every African is apparently Uneducated. If this doesn't scream racism....
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

My writing is WORLD centric! You have worked on NO pyramids at all and if fat have NO formal archaeological qualifications of ANY kind. So argue against the scientific world from such a position of ignorance is laughable.

I credit the IGBO with IGBO pyramids! Each culture gets the credit for their own achievements despite you flights of fancy! Ka chi fo!
You the only one making a mess of yourself on this thread. An uneducated person that refutes all evidences of contact in the ancient world. People were only stating a possible link,but you choose to get worked up cos of what your ignorant experts said. Why would i believe your rubbish when they are yet to work on the igbo pyramids. Those are mere racist assumptions,a ploy to discredit the true masters of civilization.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by gatiano(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
That has always been your replies since the past 100 years. truth should not hurt.

KoloOyinbo:

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by kingston277(m): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:
WONDERFUL pictures. Thank you so much for posting them. The circular nature marks them as quite unique (even from the step pyramid in Egypt) but the 'layered' structure has been adopted independently by many ancient civilizations across the globe. I must find out more!

Some posters have commented (quite correctly) that much more needs to be made of West African history. This was illustrated to me recently. I was looking around the 'Currency Museum in CBN, Abuja and there was a small 'Benin Bronze'. I was fascinated and drew it to the attention of my colleague (who is another oyinbo) and the two Nigerian with us. Imagine my shock to learn that they had never heard of 'Benin Bronzes', THEY ARE WORLD FAMOUS! There was perhaps an excuse for my colleague, but for a West African (Nigerian or otherwise) not to know this was quite shocking for me!

Please, please, please realise and appreciate that the history of Nigeria did NOT begin with the arrival of the British and colonialism but predated that by thousands of years!
The Nigerian school curriculum apparently doesn't teach the important parts of Nigerian history.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
kingston277:

The Nigerian school curriculum apparently doesn't teach the important parts of Nigerian history.

Well it should do. These are important and an integral part of the culture!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
I actually believe it or not watched a Youtube video about 5 years ago about how Ancient Egyptian language bares many similarities to the Igbo language....I was quite shocked. Because I used to think that Igbos were the progenitors of Bantus but I don't think so anymore. I wish I could find the video now if it hasn't been removed.

With that said, don't you guys find it kind of interesting how Yoruba Gods and Goddesses resemble those of Ancient Egypt?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Different skin colours? Ancient Mesoamericans + Igbos + Sudan + Eqypt + China etc = Negroid.

What a laugh!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You the only one making a mess of yourself on this thread. An uneducated person that refutes all evidences of contact in the ancient world. People were only stating a possible link,but you choose to get worked up cos of what your ignorant experts said. Why would i believe your rubbish when they are yet to work on the igbo pyramids. Those are mere racist assumptions,a ploy to discredit the true masters of civilization.

I merely pointed out WORLD (not white, not western) Archaeological opinion says no. If you have evidence to the contrary please publish and if it is credible (unlikely) then things will change and you will have made an important contribution to Archaeology. But what is this NEW evidence? What do you know that the rest of the world does not? Where did you study Archaeology?

If a Nigerian had pointed out that this silly idea is not accepted would you have attacked them with all this racist rubbish?

You are simply WRONG and have NO evidence. Otherwise PUBLISH and the world will bow to your wonderful discovery!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
While skimming thru this thread I noticed vague references to 'Negroids' building pyramids in China and Mesoamerica. Please, can any of you guys elaborate on the claims.

I'm familiar with the claims that Olmecs were of African origin, based on the facial features of some of their stone sculptures. But Olmecs were not pyramid builders. Mesoamerican pyramids were built by other ethnic groups whose racial backgrounds are not in doubt....Unless their is something I do not know.

And then Negroid pyramid builders in China...?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Radoillo:
While skimming thru this thread I noticed vague references to 'Negroids' building pyramids in China and Mesoamerica. Please, can any of you guys elaborate on the claims.

I'm familiar with the claims that Olmecs were of African origin, based on the facial features of some of their stone sculptures. But Olmecs were not pyramid builders. Mesoamerican pyramids were built by other ethnic groups whose racial backgrounds are not in doubt....Unless their is something I do not know.

And then Negroid pyramid builders in China...?

Be careful Radoillo. The some posters here will call you racist for being correct!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Be careful Radoillo. The some posters here will call you racist for being correct!

Racist...for asking for clarification? LOL. And I'm black, besides.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
Radoillo:

Racist...for asking for clarification? LOL. And I'm black, besides.

Thank goodness! Apparently (despite all the tribalism) black people cannot be racist so you should be ok!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by gatiano(m): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Do not pay kolooyinbo no mind, He is a devil lieing in wait across the path only for the purpose to confused, after which he devours (mentally). You do your own research. do not trust any non-black platform like google and the likes; however, read their books to understand their tricks and ask or learn from the African scholar without the colomental syndrome.

How long do you think the blackman is living on this planet earth?
when did the non-white begin to appear in the picture?
where did the blackman come from? was through evolution from animals to man?
where did the whiteman come from? what about the mongolians(japanese, chinese, koreans etc)?
where did the red indians come from, where did the asian indians come from? the arabs and the greeks?
who has the most dominant gene of all the races?
obviously, the most dorminant of all the races must have been the first.
If it took millions of years for the animals to evolve into the most dorminant man (which the whiteman claims),
then it is wise to say that it must have taken several million years for the dominant gene people to form the weaker gene or the recessive gene people.
Do you mean or think that the most dominant gene stayed on earth for millions of years jumping from one tree to another tree with creating for himself a civilization or settlement?

According to gregor mendel's law (whiteman), the blacker, the more dominant.
Take your time to make a concrete research of not just this topic, but your entire history which is very long into the trillions of years, go as far as you can, that is the only reason why The creator has provided for us the internet (it sound crazy right? the whiteman didn't create the internet, he just put his name on it). The upright blackman does not put a price on inspiration because it comes free, it is the white people that copywrite and patent inspiration they know not where it came from.

I most emphasize that, this is not about race, it is about time the blackman find his true history which had been stolen from him.
KoloOyinbo:

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Thank goodness! Apparently (despite all the tribalism) black people cannot be racist so you should be ok!

What I meant is : a Black man who doesn't think achievements made in China is part of Black heritage cannot be called racist (he could be called an Uncle Tom, at best), while a white man could be suspected (by some) of having racial motives if he has similar objections to a black Chinese civilization.

I wasn't implying that black people cannot be racist under any circumstances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Becomes A Police Officer (Photos) / Can You Count From One To A Thousand In Your Local Dialect ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.