Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido (975 Views)

Obasanjo Remains The Grandfather Of Corruption In Nigeria - Reps / What Obasanjo Taught Me - Femi Kayode / So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by Islie: 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
The Jigawa state governor, Sule Lamido, has described former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, as an icon and a political father to most office holders in the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, despite Mr. Obasanjo dumping the party.
Speaking with journalists at the Presidential Villa, after a private meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday, the governor said some of Mr. Obasanjo’s political godsons, including President Jonathan, must have made some mistakes which angered the ex-President for him to have resolved to dump the party.
Mr. Lamido, however, noted that dumping the party was not the best move made by Mr. Obasanjo. He said the former president was more than a party, but a symbol of national institution.
“Baba is more than a party man. He is an icon, a national symbol and a leader and an inventor, a creator of all the institutions today in Nigeria from the presidency to the governors who are his own sons, are all his creations. And so, when a father is angry with his own children, we will only say we are sorry to him. But then we cannot be renounced for whatever it is.
“No matter what we are, we may not be able to live up to his expectations. We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our baba even up to the president. Baba is our baba no matter what. He is angry with us, but then, what do we do? He gave us the life at a time when Nigerians were fighting us, he stood for us.
“Since 2011, in 2007, he stood firm for us. He is our father. And so, if we made some mistakes, we are only human because we are heading human institutions. And I think by the time he reflects, how could he abandon his own children like that. Wherever we are, we are right in his heart. He feels for us, he cares for us.”
On a possible reconciliation move by the party to convince the former President to return to the party, Mr. Lamido said “When there is some kind of misunderstanding between a father and a child, you don’t go to NTA or any other media to say you are going to do this. I mean the bond between us is so strong. I know he is equally pained. I know what he is going through because he is our father. But I will not tell you the strategy because when he was producing us, you were not there; when he was making us, were you there?”
On claims by some PDP leaders that they won’t miss him, he said “But then, the first child is the President, did he say so?”
The PDP BoT Secretary, Walid Jibrin, had on Monday described Mr. Obasanjo irresponsible for shredding his membership card publicly just as the body’s Chairman, Tony Anenih, also maintained that the party’s leadership would not miss the ex-President.
Asked whether he was worried by Mr. Obasanjo’s consistent criticisms of Jonathan’s administration, Mr. Lamido explained “What I am saying is that all of us are parents. When we were born, they pampered us; gave us their love; gave us everything. By the time they get old, naturally, there is what they call role reversal. We became the parents and they became the children. So, what is wrong if our parents begin to manifest those signs of old age?”
Commenting on the activities of the opposition All Progressives Congress in the country, the Jigawa state governor said, “What is this opposition in Nigeria? You must know Nigerian history. Nigeria cannot be governed by an aggregate of pain, anger and frustration. And I have been saying to those so-called opposition who are now abusing us, whatever might have been our crime, it was that crime that made them. We created that for them to become either governors, in the legislature , we created room for them to emerge. So whatever they think is our evil, they are the manifestations of the evil. Believe me, you don’t know Nigeria.”
On the chances of the PDP retaining power at the rescheduled March/April general elections, he said “I don’t doubt it because what is APC? An amalgamation of pain, anger and desperation. And this country is too big for them.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177037-no-matter-what-obasanjo-remains-our-father-in-pdp-governorlamido.html
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by Gbawe: 11:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lamido, save the talk. Your utterances will reappear to damn you. You are probably going to be singing a different tune soon so I think you need to be circumspect.
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by Islie: 11:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
“No matter what we are, we may not be able to live up to his expectations. We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our baba even up to the president. Baba is our baba no matter what. He is angry with us, but then, what do we do? He gave us the life at a time when Nigerians were fighting us, he stood for us.
“Since 2011, in 2007, he stood firm for us. He is our father. And so, if we made some mistakes, we are only human because we are heading human institutions.

This shows that PDP do miss baba a lot contrary to the position that The PDP BoT Secretary, Walid Jibrin, had and the body’s Chairman, Tony Anenih, also maintained that the party’s leadership would not miss him and it was irresponsible for him to have shredded his card.

Sitting on a mango tree observing how the issues will pan out
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by Bekwarra(m): 12:30am On Feb 18, 2015
I own this piece. 120 by 100
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by dondo83(m): 6:58am On Feb 18, 2015
Lamido is a die hard loyalist of OBJ , he will soon tear his pdp membership card.
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by Oklander: 7:00am On Feb 18, 2015
Ok, somebody sink that into Barcanista's head.

As for the errand pdp boy mod, Bring out more trash about Obj's corruption but do not forget that the pdp and your pay masters still regards him as their father. grin

Obasanjo isn't any saint, upon that, him living pdp is like a diagonal crack on a saddle of a big ship. Yea, go sinking soon!
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by arewafederation: 7:05am On Feb 18, 2015
Ngwakwe, did you read this? The so called "architect" angry of APC will always be seen as a father in PDP!
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by egift(m): 7:13am On Feb 18, 2015
#Change2015 is Unstoppable.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by macpetrus(m): 7:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Seconded!!!
Old age is affecting OBJ- sule Lamido

1 Like

Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by benosky(m): 7:22am On Feb 18, 2015
I cant help bt laugh wen i see some peeps making remarks like**OBJ IS NOT RELEVANT **OBJ IS AN EMBARRASMENT**HE HAS ONLY ONE VOTE, because i see dem as kids who knows liitle or nothin about PDP nd nigeria politics xcept to come online to shout GEJ TILL 2019 uncontrollably. Even GEJ himself cant underate d importance OBJ. W'll kno who is who come march.
Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by KwoiZabo(m): 7:32am On Feb 18, 2015
This is how a civilized person should sound. OBJ remains a motor park tout.
Another new acronym for APC

A - Anger
P - Pain
C - Criminals

1 Like

Re: No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido by tomakint: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2015
Is this not laughable that Lamido still sees a spent force like Obasanjo as 'Baba', this same man (Obj) who sees nothing good in others who are better than him but only him is good. I am sure of one thing that, this same Jonathan many hate for no justifiable reasons will be the same person to take Obasanjo to the cleaners!

(1) (Reply)

Defected PDP Govs Have No Cause Remaining In Office —sule Lamido . / Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari / Jonathan'l Not Sack Jega But......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.