Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Morning Devotion: Pattern And Power Galatians 2:15-20 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: Pattern And Power Galatians 2:15-20 (355 Views)

The Most Powerful Truth Revealed By Apostle Paul In The Bible!! - Andrew Wommack / Apostle Paul's Brutal Message To Galatian Christians On The Gospel Of Grace / Galatians 5: 19 - 26 In Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morning Devotion: Pattern And Power Galatians 2:15-20 by graluxxy054(f): 6:52am On Feb 18, 2015
The great pianist Paderewski (1860-1941) was in London for a concert. Joseph Parker, a pastor who was quite an accomplished musician himself, attended the performance. The minister was so moved by what he heard that he did a strange thing when he returned home. Standing by his piano, Parker called to his wife, "Bring me an ax! Today I heard great music for the first time. By comparison, what I can do is nothing at all. I feel like chopping my piano to pieces."
Parker did not follow through, of course, but he realized that he could never be a Paderewski by simply following his example. He would need Paderewski hands- yes, the very soul of the great musician.
As followers of Christ, we know that we can never leave up to the "performance" of the Lord Jesus, our great example. We might even feel like giving up in great despair. But because Christ lives in us, we have what we need to keep growing towards spiritual maturity and Christlikeness.
The apostle Paul wrote, "Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Gal.2:20).
Yes, Christ is our pattern, but thank God, He is more. He is also our power.
>>> Richard W. De Haan

GOOD MORNING
Re: Morning Devotion: Pattern And Power Galatians 2:15-20 by redgem(f): 6:58am On Feb 18, 2015
Morning.... Thanks for the morning message

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On Sisters' Ministry... / An Exchanged Life / Islam Is An Arabic Culture Yes Or No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.