Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Hotest Resume! Check It - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotest Resume! Check It (2615 Views)

Latest And Hotest Vacancies / New: Navy Releases Shortlisted Applicants: Check It Out / Format Of A Nigerian Resume (CV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotest Resume! Check It by sopesupi(m): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2006
please i need some one good to access this cv , heard it's the best in town now, i mean most acceptable!!
thanks!
critics welcome!

Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by lauryn(f): 12:23am On Aug 28, 2006
Uuuuum, is your personal info, like DOB and Marital status suppose to be in a resume? undecided. Thats new grin grin
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by gigitte(f): 2:39am On Aug 28, 2006
@ lauryn in nigeria all those things are part of a CV, we don't really have resumes and its usually more than a page
quite different from the USA or canada for that matter. north america is not the end all and be all of everything u know
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by lauryn(f): 2:45am On Aug 28, 2006
ok, gotcha
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by aloib(f): 3:54am On Aug 28, 2006
gigette u right
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by earthrealm(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2006
u  wanna  hear  the  truth, cos  truth  hurts!!!

ur  cv  aint  so  good, y didnt u use resume  wizard?.its  the  best  4 producing  neat  cvs.also  ur  cv  is  too unwieldly, trim  it  down  to  2pages, an  entry  level  cv  shudnt  b  more  than  2 pages!!!,
n in ur education history.just  use  the  particular  date, ie  2004  bsc  geography,
if u dont  know how  to  use resume  wizard, find  a  buis  center  that  does!!!

n u shudnt  have  posted   ur  cv  here,
its  in  careers  that u  shud  post  it!!!
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by Agartha: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2006
well it isn't bad but resumes especially for young graduates are not supposed to be more than a page as we were told during our service year.it is advisable that you resume be as precise and concise as possible for easy accessibility.
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by lovestinks(f): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2006
hey your resume is not that bad, kudos to u cos believe me some graduates cant write a presentable.however i think the following corrections will help you.

1.Your personal details should be on top of ur CV with ur contact details.cos its an introducation to who you are.can u imagine giving a speech.talking on the topic then introducing your self.

2.Its not necessary for you to give the full address details of your past work locations.just the company name,state or country if its outside nigeria will do.then its brief and straight.

3.From i CV serminal i attended.it is better not to add your references to your CV.WHY? becos imagine if you are a previous employer or referee and had 5 calls asking for reference on just one of ur previous staff.u may get upset/frasturated and not be as receptive as you should be.there by sending negative notions.when the right employer comes.plus its not wise sending out personal details of other people.you dont know where it may end up. belive me there is always a form for your referee no one is going to get em off your CV.furthermore it makes your CV unnecessary long if you just lookin to lenghten you CV.try addin skill(ie team players,microsoft trained,good communication skill,customer riented etc or you could add your past associations/club memberships eg your department associations,awards etc.or social leadership roles eg treasurer,social directior etc.it really helps alot in selling your self in place of your referee details just put.AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.

Lastly i think your CV could use a more professional format.like i always say,packaging matters.the way is package is wat you get.so package big ie pro

most importantly your CV is a way of selling urself.u ve 2 go the extra mile cos employers see loads of CV.and may not ve time 2 read the whole lot.

hope these points help you, sorry 4 any wrong spellings am not one to crosscheck.lol.Good Luck
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by sopesupi(m): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2006
[color=#006600][/color][size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][flash=200,200][/flash][b][/b] cheesy
lovestinks thanks a BILLION , does points of urs really help a great deal , keep up the gud works
cheers n.b love doesnt stink!!!
wink
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by ebubepaul(m): 3:03am On Aug 29, 2006
Can i put the post i held in the university on my c.V and also include seminars ve attended!
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by ebubepaul(m): 3:03am On Aug 29, 2006
Can i put the post i held in the university on my c.V and also include seminars ve attended!
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by sopesupi(m): 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2006
ebube yes you can, take care wink
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by LAXIST(m): 5:50am On Sep 01, 2006
@Lovestinks,
I really enjoyed your post. I wish i was @ the seminar.
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by LAXIST(m): 5:59am On Sep 01, 2006
@sopesupi,
I belive the best advice on your c.v. has been given by LOVESTINKS so take note of her points.
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by enpopa(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2006
for a fresher like you, a 3 page cv is useless and i advise you trim it down to at most 2 pages.
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by nike4luv(f): 10:02am On Sep 01, 2006
i wrote a cv once, i print it on here, mine wasnt like that, personal information at the top
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by Ehiwere(m): 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2006
Hello house check out my CV ,I need advice on how to better improve it.I know it might be too good,so i will appreciate help to make it better.
Still serving anyway?But i believe all experience i had before should be stated,but because i was avoiding much page,i have to remove the one i had in NEPA 3month industrial training @ Ijora Generating station.
Then to Sope,Hw ABJ?And dont forget you some small boys in JIGAWA OH!The best

Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by ritai(f): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2006
hi, felow nairas am hapy on how we comunicate wit one hrt plz i will like to see ur resume the boob in town
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by Ehiwere(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2006
Rita atleast u hv seen mine,Hw do u see it.Is it good atall so i know the next step to take.Like to see your too,let me use it as a guide.ANy way i might be offline for say 3weeks cos i have to go to camp to welcome the incoming Batch B corpers in Gumel.
Will leave 2morrow,to get the place ready for them.Its well!Till i return back,by then want to see as many correction as possible.
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by tinumini: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2006
Oh boy, na wa 4 u oh grin grin
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by zion1: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2006
This one tire me o!
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by LoverBwoy(m): 1:39am On Sep 05, 2006
Ehiwere

you dont really have to put your Religion, state of origin and local government do you

and the +234(0) 80- - - in your phone number, since you are applying for a job in nigeria theres no point puttin international dialing could is there?

e be like say naija format dey totaaly different
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by nilla(f): 1:49am On Sep 05, 2006
LoverBwoy:

e be like say naija format dey totaaly different

I think so too.

Apart from that I think Ehiwere's format looked presentable
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by tayorich12(f): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2006
Hey all,

Love the way all the comments are going back forth. A real good way of helping each other out!!

I think anyone who wants to write a good CV should check this link out http://www.alec.co.uk/resume-examples/index.htm. The format is really for Europe and the USA, but at least it gives good advice on
the types of CV that there are and how the right CV can really highlight your particular circumstance.

By the looks of it sopesupi, your CV is going to need some tidying up. I believe that looking at the samples on this site will help you out a lot.
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by LoverBwoy(m): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2006
@ nilla
i don't really think its presentable, it looks a bit  undecided , the fonts, the bullet point (that arrow thingy), it looks congested too

Ehiwere, you can do without the footer

try clicking on what Tayorich posted, and copy some of the format, it will make your Cv stand out
Re: Hotest Resume! Check It by Ehiwere(m): 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2006
Thanks ,i will try check that out.when i finally leave the camp.

(1) (Reply)

Intercontinental Bank Cancelled / Fidelity Bank Calling / Union Bank Jobs!urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.